Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 415
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He also had a completely incompetent coach who refused to run the kind of offense that plays to Baker's strengths, who has since been replaced with a coach who, as the OC of the Vikings, created 2 of the highest completion percentage QBs in NFL history. Based around the quick, short passing game, which is Baker's strength. He has 2 top 15 WR, 2 top 30 or so backs, and 2 top 30 or so TE. Also a first round Alabama left tackle and an improved free agent RT.

I doubt this will be the same Browns as last year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mayfield looks like a good value bet at +5000 for the MVP. He's around guys like Cousins and Carr on the list. He'll have a ton of weapons and a substantially upgraded O line.

Then again, Cleveland.

Mayfield's current betting odds to win MVP are 30/1.

His team was loaded with talent last season and they went 6-10 with Mayfield having more turnovers than TD's, a completion percentage under 60%, and the 2nd lowest passer rating in the entire NFL among qualifying QBs.

The Browns are underdogs to simply make the postseason and only twice in NFL history has a player won the MVP on a team that didn't make the postseason.  Unitas in 1967 and OJ in 1973.

So, yeah, I'm going to have to disagree that Mayfield for MVP looks like a good value bet.

He also had a completely incompetent coach who refused to run the kind of offense that plays to Baker's strengths, who has since been replaced with a coach who, as the OC of the Vikings, created 2 of the highest completion percentage QBs in NFL history. Based around the quick, short passing game, which is Baker's strength. He has 2 top 15 WR, 2 top 30 or so backs, and 2 top 30 or so TE. Also a first round Alabama left tackle and an improved free agent RT.

They might very well be an improvement from last year's 6-10 team, but doesn't mean Mayfield for MVP is a good value bet.

But hey, if you want to bet on the guy that had more turnovers than TD's and the 2nd lowest passer rating in the NFL last season to win the MVP this season because of a new coach and improved O-line, best of luck.

Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They might very well be an improvement from last year's 6-10 team, but doesn't mean Mayfield for MVP is a good value bet.

But hey, if you want to bet on the guy that had more turnovers than TD's and the 2nd lowest passer rating in the NFL last season to win the MVP this season because of a new coach and improved O-line, best of luck.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/720e7d8491bbe3409e26460d592c3995/tenor.gif?itemid=9278271
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mayfield looks like a good value bet at +5000 for the MVP. He's around guys like Cousins and Carr on the list. He'll have a ton of weapons and a substantially upgraded O line.

Then again, Cleveland.

His team was loaded with talent last season and they went 6-10 with Mayfield having more turnovers than TD's, a completion percentage under 60%, and the 2nd lowest passer rating in the entire NFL among qualifying QBs.

The Browns are underdogs to simply make the postseason and only twice in NFL history has a player won the MVP on a team that didn't make the postseason.  Unitas in 1967 and OJ in 1973.

So, yeah, I'm going to have to disagree that Mayfield for MVP looks like a good value bet.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/720e7d8491bbe3409e26460d592c3995/tenor.gif?itemid=9278271

Hey, you're the gambling expert. I'll cede to your knowledge.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#3]
rookies supposed to report tuesday
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Myles Garrett talking about keeping players safe and healthy.

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
rookies supposed to report tuesday
View Quote

A couple teams today!
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then again, Cleveland.

Gambling? I don't know much of anything about gambling.

I don't claim to be a football expert, either, but the things I do know about the game say betting on Mayfield to win MVP this season is a really bad long shot of a bet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Something something game managers:

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't claim to be a football expert, either, but the things I do know about the game say betting on Mayfield to win MVP this season is a really bad long shot of a bet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then again, Cleveland.

I replied to HK.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Something something game managers:

View Quote

YAC is absolutely a QB stat. Throwing guys open and in stride is critical.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#10]
AB allegedly retiring.

Then again, I'm not sure anything he says can be believed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
AB allegedly retiring.

View Quote

He seems to retire a lot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
AB allegedly retiring.

View Quote

https://twitter.com/RaiderCody/status/1285283076495437824

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He seems to retire a lot.
View Quote

lol holy shit your avatar..
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#15]
MLB players are starting to take a knee during the National Anthem.  Let’s see if those same MLB fans that claimed we were unpatriotic/communists/whatever for supporting a sport where players disrespect the flag and everything it stands for apply that same standard to themselves.

Edit: I just did a quick scan of the last two pages of the MLB thread and surprise, surprise I didn't see one mention of it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
MLB players are starting to take a knee during the National Anthem.  Let’s see if those same MLB fans that claimed we were unpatriotic/communists/whatever for supporting a sport where players disrespect the flag and everything it stands for apply that same standard to themselves.

Edit: I just did a quick scan of the last two pages of the MLB thread and surprise, surprise I didn't see one mention of it.
View Quote

Well to be fair to those thread members, I don’t remember seeing anyone in there state that NFL fans were unpatriotic and commie.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well to be fair to those thread members, I don’t remember seeing anyone in there state that NFL fans were unpatriotic and commie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was speaking about MLB fans in general, but I’m pretty sure at least two of them stopped by to shit post in the NFL thread. I know, at the very least, one of them did.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
MLB players are starting to take a knee during the National Anthem.  Let's see if those same MLB fans that claimed we were unpatriotic/communists/whatever for supporting a sport where players disrespect the flag and everything it stands for apply that same standard to themselves.

View Quote
It's no longer enough to take a knee.  Unless professional athletes start taking dick during the national anthem, racism wins.

Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Yep. That's why I'm out!
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Imagine someone telling you 5 years ago that the NFL would allow players to honor men that had been convicted of violent felonies, but would prohibit players from honoring fallen policemen.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Imagine someone telling you 5 years ago that the NFL would allow players to honor men that had been convicted of violent felonies, but would prohibit players from honoring fallen policemen.
View Quote

I honestly don't think I would be that shocked.

20+ years ago? Yes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:18:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow. TO is 46 and can still keep up with Kareem Hunt in a 40 yard dash.

He’s also so fit he looks like he could step on a football field tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:20:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Whenever someone brings up TO all I can think of is him telling Stephen A Smith that he's so not black that Max Kellerman is blacker than he is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:40:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Whenever someone brings up TO all I can think of is him telling Stephen A Smith that he's so not black that Max Kellerman is blacker than he is.
View Quote

Give TO his own sports show!
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 2:46:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good to me. Always liked TO.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

The problem with TO was never his athletic abilities....
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn’t THE problem, but A problem was certainly his drops.  During his time in Dallas he led the NFL in dropped passes with no else even close.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Apparently some internet sleuths found "Washington Sentinels" was registered to nfl and some firm that manages all NFL team websites.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Apparently some internet sleuths found "Washington Sentinels" was registered to nfl and some firm that manages all NFL team websites.
View Quote

Henceforth called the Genitals.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

as an x men fan i can get behind this...

Link Posted: 7/22/2020 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

as an x men fan i can get behind this...

https://boundingintocomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/2019.08.08-12.07-boundingintocomics-5d4b67cb8d048.png

Seems appropriate.

Sentinels can't do anything right
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

i used to love that show.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Best intro of all time.

X-Men: The Animated Series intro (1992)

The Japanese version is good too.  

X-MEN (TV series) 1994 Japanese Opening
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#35]
In other news, they’re trying to cancel Woody Johnson now...
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tyreek Hill isn't Kareem hunt, and "keeping up" is relative.

TO is impressively healthy for his age.

But Hill lifted off the gas 7 yards early and still ran a 4.4.

Quoted:

Best intro of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di6DocEkruk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTzkxNbb_tc
View Quote

No Replacements reference?

It's actually a pretty good name...
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Ix4DT3ONOlmzywk3dyXI1YPYY8I=/1400x1050/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/10645665/1_j5qpJqLRlUCsSmc2CQI3Gg.jpeg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Best intro of all time.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Ix4DT3ONOlmzywk3dyXI1YPYY8I=/1400x1050/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/10645665/1_j5qpJqLRlUCsSmc2CQI3Gg.jpeg

to this day I still get hunt and hill confused

did you see the vid?

clearly reading and differentiating players isn't my strong suit today...
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

did you see the vid?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Best intro of all time.

did you see the vid?

I saw the super short Twitter version. I don't have the details.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Best intro of all time.

did you see the vid?

yeah, that's what I was referencing.

hill still had TO beat for sure, but god damn I doubt anyone here could keep up nearly as much as TO did.

I know his playing days are way over but that was still impressive imho.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's a take I bet you won't see in most places:

Even without the social narratives discussion, "Washington Redskins" was still a bottom 5 team name in the league down there with the Bengals, Jets, and Lions.

Most people will talk about the social piece or reject that with opposition to wokeness or whatever, but it's not much of a stretch that the Washington TBDs could come out of this with a legitimately better name and mascot.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Even without the social narratives discussion, "Washington Redskins" was still a bottom 5 team name in the league down there with the Bengals, Jets, and Lions.

Most people will talk about the social piece or reject that with opposition to wokeness or whatever, but it's not much of a stretch that the Washington TBDs could come out of this with a legitimately better name and mascot.
View Quote

You think it was a very disliked team name? Or just Bc the franchise has been so bad it’s so low on the totem poll of team nicknames ?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You think it was a very disliked team name? Or just Bc the franchise has been so bad it’s so low on the totem poll of team nicknames ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe both?

It's kind of lame.

The ones I think are the coolest are the locally significant names like Packers, Steelers, Chiefs, and 49ers.

The random "cool" things like Patriots, Cowboys, Giants, and Vikings are also good.

If I made a rank or tier system of all NFL franchise names, the Redskins would probably be near the bottom without any discussion of race. It's awkward at best. "Sentinels" would be way cooler and up in the 3rd or even 2nd tier.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Maybe both?

It's kind of lame.

The ones I think are the coolest are the locally significant names like Packers, Steelers, Chiefs, and 49ers.

The random "cool" things like Patriots, Cowboys, Giants, and Vikings are also good.

If I made a rank or tier system of all NFL franchise names, the Redskins would probably be near the bottom without any discussion of race. It's awkward at best. "Sentinels" would be way cooler and up in the 3rd or even 2nd tier.
View Quote

I mean I’m clearly biased and really like the name. I see it as one of the more classic NFL franchises.

Plus, they were fifth in revenue last year.

Of course given the current climate I doubt you could get an unbiased poll (like you were saying).

Fun fact: ESPN did a bracket challenge a few years back to see which MLB team had the best uniforms and the O’s won.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Apparently MLB will have a "Black Lives Matter stencil" on the pitcher's mound for every game during opening weekend starting tomorrow.

At least the NFL hasn't said they were going to do something like that.... yet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Apparently MLB will have a "Black Lives Matter stencil" on the pitcher's mound for every game during opening weekend starting tomorrow.

View Quote

OH FFS...you'd think their lawyers would read up on the history of that group and make a wiser decision. Like tell them to fuck off, all lives matter.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't wait to see the end zones painted with it.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Maybe both?

It's kind of lame.

View Quote

With the possible exception of the Giants (I heard it referred to the skyscrapers of NY, but I'm not entirely sure that was accurate) those are all relevant locally/regionally as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Maybe both?

It's kind of lame.

View Quote

also, i'm just curious where you put the Chiefs in terms of 'cool name tiers'?

i gotta be honest man i really don't see much of a difference between our team's names.

edit: i should say your team's name and my team's 'former name'
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

also, i'm just curious where you put the Chiefs in terms of 'cool name tiers'?

i gotta be honest man i really don't see much of a difference between our team's names.

edit: i should say your team's name and my team's 'former name'
View Quote

I'm with you. Chiefs & Redskins is equal to me, SJW bullshit aside.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I mean I’m clearly biased and really like the name. I see it as one of the more classic NFL franchises.

Of course given the current climate I doubt you could get an unbiased poll (like you were saying).

Fun fact: ESPN did a bracket challenge a few years back to see which MLB team had the best uniforms and the O’s won.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe both?

It's kind of lame.

I remember hearing how getting a ticket to a Skins game was almost impossible except for the rich and privileged.   I guess that has been a good while ago...before Snyder came along and ran them into the ground?
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top