BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It depends on what you're looking for.

Kollmann is an interesting independent film review guy. After him, I tend to lean on stuff posted on social media like "Baldy's Breakdowns."

If you like weird history/trivia stuff, there's a channel called Secret Base that has all kinds of crazy stories and cause -> effect type looks at how small things had big long term consequences for the league.

If you want low effort hot takes and amusing content, I like a lot of what UrinatingTree puts out. He can make you dumber, but he also has some profound takes and quality content sometimes.

After them, it's local content focused on my teams. KCSN is new; they pulled a bunch of guys from Arrowhead Pride and the actual Chiefs front office, and they've had some fantastic coverage.
View Quote

Thanks.  I haven't heard of any of these guys.  Right now outside of Kollmann I think I'm subscribed to Set the Edge, The QB School, and Football Analysis.  

Since UFC and NFL are the only 2 sports I watch, for NFL I like a mix (from multiple channels), film study, review of a big incident (like Jomboy does with baseball), coaching/roster speculation, etc.  Basically a mix of things.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Have you ever been to training camp?  Those are everyday throws.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he threw one incompletion? oh no...

Everything from training camp says Tua is having a very good camp and making all the throws.  One incompletion and people want to jump on him.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is that a fantasy vid??

I should be able to get that thread going this weekend! Sorry for the delay guys !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbjIf9f8e1k

There's some good stuff here, but the title is very misleading.

What Kollmann actually does in this video is look at the offensive situations for the Broncos, Rams, and Cowboys and looks at which WRs are going to be in which situations.

For a TL;DW summary:

Russell Wilson targets outside WRs at a rate far higher than any other QB and doesn't take as many shots over the middle. We know Sutton is going to be the primary outside guy. With Patrick on IR, we don't know as confidently where Jeudy and Hamler are going to land.

In LA, they pass at the goal line at a higher rate than any other team, Allen Robinson has thrived in those situations with bad offenses, he's clearly going to get a huge amount of targets, and he's sitting at WR20 in most rankings.

In Dallas, Tolbert is going to start the season as the #2 since Gallup and Washington are both dealing with injuries, and Kollmann thinks Tolbert has the talent to stay on the field after those guys get healthy.

Is that a fantasy vid??

I should be able to get that thread going this weekend! Sorry for the delay guys !

Do we need a separate thread for FF? The Venn diagram overlap of guys in this thread and FF is probably a near eclipse, and I wouldn't think the occasional "which WR do I start" post is going to distract too much from the Dak Debate, Watson news, highlight plays, weird stats, and news of whatever Raider gets a DUI this year.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Everything from training camp says Tua is having a very good camp and making all the throws.  One incompletion and people want to jump on him.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/114465/111111111E1W3SJUXoAIFWWL_jpg-1944889_jpg-2485634.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he threw one incompletion? oh no...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/114465/111111111E1W3SJUXoAIFWWL_jpg-1944889_jpg-2485634.JPG

The thing about these training camp plays is, context matters.

How many guys are on the field? Is the QB facing a pass rush? Is the QB supposed to make a read or force the ball to a specific receiver because coaches are evaluating that receiver or the guy covering that receiver?

The reality is, there's a lot we DON'T know, even when the videos are out there on social media. We can make educated guesses based on some of the above questions, but we generally don't know.

What we DO know is, when a QB is doing a drill where there are no linemen or pass rushers, his pass probably isn't supposed to fall into the dirt 5 yards away from the receiver. Something went wrong here.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The thing about these training camp plays is, context matters.

How many guys are on the field? Is the QB facing a pass rush? Is the QB supposed to make a read or force the ball to a specific receiver because coaches are evaluating that receiver or the guy covering that receiver?

The reality is, there's a lot we DON'T know, even when the videos are out there on social media. We can make educated guesses based on some of the above questions, but we generally don't know.

What we DO know is, when a QB is doing a drill where there are no linemen or pass rushers, his pass probably isn't supposed to fall into the dirt 5 yards away from the receiver. Something went wrong here.
View Quote
It's all just training camp so far but Tua has looked good. We got the regular season coming up and I can't wait.  Every QB in the league throws incompletions. The amount of hate Tua gets for one incompletion is crazy. I don't get why so many people hate him.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's all just training camp so far but Tua has looked good. We got the regular season coming up and I can't wait.  Every QB in the league throws incompletions. The amount of hate Tua gets for one incompletion is crazy. I don't get why so many people hate him.
View Quote
I always like JT's take on all things QB.  He goes through the good and bad from last season.

Did Tua look good at the end of last season?

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I would argue there's a clear and obvious reason the Seahawks had so many 3rd and longs and 3 and outs, and it wasn't Russ.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKixt5UX0AUgwWB?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Oh, and ESPN had Seattle's Run Block Win Rate ranked at #28.

Running the ball on early downs when the game is still up for grabs is generally a bad idea. Doing so when your OL sucks and you have a very good QB is a terrible idea.
View Quote

That’s a terrible graph to argue your point.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

And Jordan Love in having MVP training camp. So it’s basically the regular season.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And Jordan Love in having MVP training camp. So it’s basically the regular season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's horseshit, though.  Tua was very accurate last year.  What was in question was his arm strength.  He's showing more arm strength this offseason.  How is that NOT a good sign?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would argue there's a clear and obvious reason the Seahawks had so many 3rd and longs and 3 and outs, and it wasn't Russ.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKixt5UX0AUgwWB?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Oh, and ESPN had Seattle's Run Block Win Rate ranked at #28.

Running the ball on early downs when the game is still up for grabs is generally a bad idea. Doing so when your OL sucks and you have a very good QB is a terrible idea.

How so?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's horseshit, though.  Tua was very accurate last year.  What was in question was his arm strength.  He's showing more arm strength this offseason.  How is that NOT a good sign?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting...
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson would accept an eight-game suspension and $5 million fine to avoid missing the entire season, a person familiar with his defense told The Associated Press on Thursday.

https://apnews.com/article/cleveland-browns-nfl-sports-deshaun-watson-games-8d85c4e43afb2790093436cd32d3b236
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson would accept an eight-game suspension and $5 million fine to avoid missing the entire season, a person familiar with his defense told The Associated Press on Thursday.

https://apnews.com/article/cleveland-browns-nfl-sports-deshaun-watson-games-8d85c4e43afb2790093436cd32d3b236
View Quote
Double that and maybe.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, given the statements the God King has made lately, they ain’t going to ask for 8 games vs. 6.  At this point, the fine is really meaningless given his contract.  I’m sure the NFLPA has limits on fines, so even for an egregious conduct violation, I doubt the NFL has the ability to do something like a 8 figure fine.  The games missed are obviously the most important, even more so in this situation since he’s already sat for an entire season.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:53:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://apnews.com/article/cleveland-browns-nfl-sports-deshaun-watson-games-8d85c4e43afb2790093436cd32d3b236[/quote

Needs to be a year minimum.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:24:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://apnews.com/article/cleveland-browns-nfl-sports-deshaun-watson-games-8d85c4e43afb2790093436cd32d3b236[/quote

Needs to be a year minimum.
View Quote

Two would be better.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:27:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe I'm missing something, but what is with all this "Watson would accept..." language I keep seeing?  If god king clown shoes decrees (either directly or through one of his toadies) it'll be 8 games, a full season, or two full seasons what can Watson do about it?

I guess Watson could take them to court to drag it out longer, but considering Brady and Zeke didn't win I think Watson would have a snowball's chance in hell of pulling it off.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:32:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Maybe I'm missing something, but what is with all this "Watson would accept..." language I keep seeing?  If god king clown shoes decrees (either directly or through one of his toadies) it'll be 8 games, a full season, or two full seasons what can Watson do about it?

I guess Watson could take them to court to drag it out longer, but considering Brady and Zeke didn't win I think Watson would have a snowball's chance in hell of pulling it off.
View Quote
What does he care about it really? He's got 230 million fully guaranteed on the way. Imagine the instagram massage predation he can embark upon without the encumbrance of playing a pro NFL schedule.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have been impressed with his maturity the most. You saw how he handled the Watson rumors versus Mayfield.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#23]
“9/11 against the Jets… it’s gonna be awesome.”

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
“9/11 against the Jets… it’s gonna be awesome.”

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Confirmed.

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#27]
He wasted.

FULL Bodycam Shows Arrest of Marshawn Lynch for Suspected DUI
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's right.  Just look at the conversation regarding Eli getting in.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f1d2900ce1d078a4fc05d601af59c48f/tenor.gif?itemid=11821432
View Quote

Sometimes I feel like Belichick is trying to prove Brady was mostly responsible for the dynasty.

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#30]

I lost at "you're being arrested for suspicion of DUI". That's some mighty fine police work there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He's right.  Just look at the conversation regarding Eli getting in.
View Quote

If Eli gets in they better give him a beige jacket or some shit.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

“Accept”

Any longer and he will show up and play on gameday anyway. If the ref or Goodell tries to stop him he will give them Stone Cold Stunners.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f1d2900ce1d078a4fc05d601af59c48f/tenor.gif?itemid=11821432
View Quote

Do you believe him though?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I definitely believe they are going through a process. No official offensive or defensive coordinators. Bill is taking on primary play calling with input/play calling from both Judge and Patricia. All the reports from camp shows they are having some learning/growth issues with their new three headed offensive system.

I don't really have a problem with them wanting to try something new and the growing pains that will be associated with it... My only real question is... Why? Why are we trying this new technique now? And most importantly, why are we trying it with these three guys?

Why did they decide to forgo bringing in someone who actually specialized on offense? They took 2 defensive masterminds (Bill + Patricia) and a special teams coordinator, and combined them together to be responsible for both the offense and defense this year. Why wouldn't they specifically target an offensive coach and bring him into the fold? Why couldn't it be Bill, Matt and a 3rd guy who was an OC somewhere else? Fuck, bring Bill O'Brien back up from Alabama and make him the 3rd guy.

As said, I can understand the idea behind the new system... But I don't understand the personnel choice for it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Reportedly the line Watson's team is seeking to stay under is 12 games. If Watson is suspended for 11 or fewer games his contract year will toll and he will move to the 2nd year of his Brown's contract. If the NFL suspends Watson for 12 or more games, he will not achieve the number of active games for his year to count and his 2022 contract year will carry over to 2023.

That means his $1M base salary in 2022 (offset by his signing bonus) would carry over to 2023 and all the other contract years move on 1 more year. This would extend his contract with Cleveland to 2027.

Basically it would cost him a full year of his contract value and would change his overall time from 2022-2026 (5 years $230 million) to 2022-2027 (6 years $230 million). Which would effectively reduce his average annual to $38.3M vs the $46M avg it is currently.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Reportedly the line Watson's team is seeking to stay under is 12 games. If Watson is suspended for 11 or fewer games his contract year will toll and he will move to the 2nd year of his Brown's contract. If the NFL suspends Watson for 12 or more games, he will not achieve the number of active games for his year to count and his 2022 contract year will carry over to 2023.

That means his $1M base salary in 2022 (offset by his signing bonus) would carry over to 2023 and all the other contract years move on 1 more year. This would extend his contract with Cleveland to 2027.

Basically it would cost him a full year of his contract value and would change his overall time from 2022-2026 (5 years $230 million) to 2022-2027 (6 years $230 million). Which would effectively reduce his average annual to $38.3M vs the $46M avg it is currently.
View Quote

I hope he gets a full year.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Blitzes Patriots QBs faced in Week 1 of the preseason, per PFF:
2017: 6
2018: 9
2019: 8
2021: 5
2022: 21
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's some weird math. It's still the same contract it doesn't change his average salary by counting a year he's not playing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's some weird math. It's still the same contract it doesn't change his average salary by counting a year he's not playing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It absolutely changes the average.
Yes, he isn't losing money.
No, he isn't having to do more work for the same amount of money.

But time = money, and he would be stuck spending another year in Cleveland without additional compensation. Instead of getting another extension that starts at the age of 32, he would be extending at 33.

It is losing a year of his career, mandatorily, with no salary.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It absolutely changes the average.
Yes, he isn't losing money.
No, he isn't having to do more work for the same amount of money.

But time = money, and he would be stuck spending another year in Cleveland without additional compensation. Instead of getting another extension that starts at the age of 32, he would be extending at 33.

It is losing a year of his career, mandatorily, with no salary.
View Quote

That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#42]
ABC 7's Scott Abraham had an interview with Carson Wentz this morning that got some attention.

Washington team president Jason Wright responded on Twitter, "Thankfully, Carson demonstrated grace & class in response to this pompous, unprofessional mess. I recognize you have made a living on childlike provocation but it needs to be called out. Don't expect special access and good luck building rapport with the guys [Scott]."

"And it's not that the guys can't take criticism. Just be a journalist and follow standard practices. Others have found a way to do both. **linked USA Today Sports story**"

Edit: Have to love when your team president starts a Twitter war with a regional reporter (who has fewer than 20k followers).
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
ABC 7's Scott Abraham had an interview with Carson Wentz this morning that got some attention.

Washington team president Jason Wright responded on Twitter, "Thankfully, Carson demonstrated grace & class in response to this pompous, unprofessional mess. I recognize you have made a living on childlike provocation but it needs to be called out. Don't expect special access and good luck building rapport with the guys [Scott]."

"And it's not that the guys can't take criticism. Just be a journalist and follow standard practices. Others have found a way to do both. **linked USA Today Sports story**"

Edit: Have to love when your team president starts a Twitter war with a regional reporter (who has fewer than 20k followers).
View Quote

I only watched the clip w/ the questions that seemed disrespectful.  I could see that type of tone if it was a veteran reporter who has some sort of rapport with that particular player and is long established/respected around the league.  It doesn't seem like this guys fits that bill.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I only watched the clip w/ the questions that seemed disrespectful.  I could see that type of tone if it was a veteran reporter who has some sort of rapport with that particular player and is long established/respected around the league.  It doesn't seem like this guys fits that bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t know what happened. I will say DC sports media is absolute garbage. They’re not garbage in the sense Boston media is, but DC sports media doesn’t know how to act. There’s a radio show that STILL brings on Gruden and Shanahan for interviews. The teams are so poorly run or inconsistent the media doesn’t know how to proper cover or report on them.

I’m by no means defending the skins or Carson, but DC media is sad.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#45]
I forgot that there are only 3 preseason games now. 3 more weeks until regular season
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I forgot that there are only 3 preseason games now. 3 more weeks until regular season
View Quote

Not quite.

There's preseason games this week and the next two, then there's not much the week of the 29th, and the regular season kicks off Sep 8th.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
There's a dead week in-between where the 4th game used to be (Labor Day weekend). Week 1 kicks off Thur Sept 8th this year. So still 4 weeks...
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There's a dead week in-between where the 4th game used to be (Labor Day weekend). Week 1 kicks off Thur Sept 8th this year. So still 4 weeks...
View Quote
Damn it!
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Damn it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn it!

I kinda feel like the only people who really benefit from the 3 week preseason schedule are roster lock players with defined roles and athletic trainers.

Roster bubble guys get less of an opportunity to earn a job, coaches get less time to tinker, stadiums and networks have one less game to sell, and fans have less football to watch.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I kinda feel like the only people who really benefit from the 3 week preseason schedule are roster lock players with defined roles and athletic trainers.

Roster bubble guys get less of an opportunity to earn a job, coaches get less time to tinker, stadiums and networks have one less game to sell, and fans have less football to watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn it!

And they make the final cut (80 to 53) on the 30th this year. Almost 2 full weeks before most teams first game (ignoring the season opener on Thursday). That is 4 days earlier than it used to be, combined with missing out on the 4th game to try and play your way onto the roster.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top