Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
If the Chiefs win tomorrow, then the extended run and dynasty talk continues.

They are going to win their weak division for the foreseeable future. Mahomes is only 27.

The question is can they win playoff football games on the road, up to now they haven't had to, but I hope we find out starting next season.

A ten year run of frequent Super Bowl appearances is historical in it's own right, it doesn't have to be 9 appearances and six rings.

Already, you can refer to this Chiefs team as the 2020-era Chiefs and everyone knows what you're talking about just like the 80's 49ers or 90's Bills.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

After tomorrow they’ll have two! They’ve been to three out of the five last Super Bowls. It would have been four out of five except Dee Ford lined up offsides by three inches. It would have been five out of five except for an odd meltdown in the AFC championship game against the Bengals where they gave up a huge lead. I certainly think they could win six. (In full disclosure, I’m the Chiefs homer and Mahomes leg bumper you’re talking about )

I also deserve to be a Chiefs homer and Mahomes leg humper, I’ve lived through the Matt Cassel, Tyler Thigpen, Tyler Palko, Damon Huard,, Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, Brodie Coyle, Brady Quinn, Kyle Orton, and Alex Smith years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again: I doubt many people, "haters" included, outside of Chiefs homers and/or Mahomes leg humpers think (or "are certainly scared" that) Mahomes and the Chiefs are going to win 6+ Super Bowls and barely lose 3+ Super Bowls.  

After tomorrow they’ll have two! They’ve been to three out of the five last Super Bowls. It would have been four out of five except Dee Ford lined up offsides by three inches. It would have been five out of five except for an odd meltdown in the AFC championship game against the Bengals where they gave up a huge lead. I certainly think they could win six. (In full disclosure, I’m the Chiefs homer and Mahomes leg bumper you’re talking about )

I also deserve to be a Chiefs homer and Mahomes leg humper, I’ve lived through the Matt Cassel, Tyler Thigpen, Tyler Palko, Damon Huard,, Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono, Brodie Coyle, Brady Quinn, Kyle Orton, and Alex Smith years.

That's true, but if we're gonna play the "would've been if" game then the flip side of that is if it wasn't for a 49ers 4th quarter choke job then Mahomes wouldn't even have the one ring he has.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's true, but if we're gonna play the "would've been if" game then the flip side of that is if it wasn't for a 49ers 4th quarter choke job then Mahomes wouldn't even have the one ring he has.
View Quote

Chiefs had a lot of luck to get where they are. Remember they weren't even considered competitive in the division heading into this season.

Raiders will retool at QB potentially adding Rodgers? Chargers will do something or other. I feel like a new offensive coordinator won't be enough to get them over the hump and by the end of 23 season Herbert will be either torn up or burned out.

Isn't there another team in this division? Oh yea, the broncos. They also exist
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Chiefs had a lot of luck to get where they are. Remember they weren't even considered competitive in the division heading into this season.

Raiders will retool at QB potentially adding Rodgers? Chargers will do something or other. I feel like a new offensive coordinator won't be enough to get them over the hump and by the end of 23 season Herbert will be either torn up or burned out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They weren’t considered competitive in the division coming into the season?

They were Super Bowl favorites.

No one really cares here if the chiefs win or lose outside of the chiefs fans. I think a lot of this thread finds the constant ‘we’re rebuilding’ ‘we’re not contenders’ ‘we’re lucky to be here’ narrative very false and at this point annoying.

With a healthy Mahomes the chiefs should and probably will always be in contention. They definitely were in contention all year and were preseason Super Bowl favorites.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Predicting the winner for tomorrow has been a chore. The 1.5 point spread last I checked says it all.

The easy thing to look at, and why so many talking heads are predicting the Eagles is their combined points in playoffs 69-14, to 50-40 for the Chiefs.

On the regular season, the Eagles have 15 more sacks, but have given up 18 more sacks than the Chiefs.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 10:54:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They weren't considered competitive in the division coming into the season?

No one really cares here if the chiefs win or lose outside of the chiefs fans. I think a lot of this thread finds the constant 'we're rebuilding' 'we're not contenders' 'we're lucky to be here' narrative very false and at this point annoying.

With a healthy Mahomes the chiefs should and probably will always be in contention. They definitely were in contention all year and were preseason Super Bowl favorites.
View Quote

Yea I was being facetious, the Chiefs are very good. In the top 2

I had higher hopes for that AFC West division. A lot of the '22 results were surprising for a lot of teams.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Predicting the winner for tomorrow has been a chore. The 1.5 point spread last I checked says it all.

The easy thing to look at, and why so many talking heads are predicting the Eagles is their combined points in playoffs 69-14, to 50-40 for the Chiefs.

On the regular season, the Eagles have 15 more sacks, but have given up 18 more sacks than the Chiefs.
View Quote

The Eagles also played one of the easiest roads to the Super Bowl a team has ever had.

- Home game against arguably the worst team in the postseason.

- Home game against a team with a 3rd string QB, QB3 gets injured, has to be replaced by QB4, QB4 also gets injured, and QB3 has to finish the game despite suffering an injury to his throwing arm that will take 6+ months to recover from.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think a lot of this thread finds the constant ‘we’re rebuilding’ ‘we’re not contenders’ ‘we’re lucky to be here’ narrative very false and at this point annoying.

View Quote

I don’t know where this narrative really came from. Yes they lost a wide receiver (arguably the best in the league), but it was one guy. They lost some guys in the secondary and have several rookie DBs. The guys they lost were absolute hot garbage. Going into the season, at worst rookie DBs were going to be a lateral move.   They’ve proven to be way better than the guys they replaced. The core of the team is relatively unchanged. Rebuilding to me is you blew the team up and are more or less starting over. This is a retooling or restructuring.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But does it compare to Brady and the Patriots reign?  When it seemed like they were in it every year, or every other, was the same kind of "meh"???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:maybe it's bc KC has been so good for so long people are kind of like 'ugh, again?'

But does it compare to Brady and the Patriots reign?  When it seemed like they were in it every year, or every other, was the same kind of "meh"???

Quoted:No one really cares here if the chiefs win or lose outside of the chiefs fans.

And that is what my question was really about.  We're only 5 years into this run.  Hopefully there will be another 5 or more.  But are people in other areas tired of the Chiefs already?  Or is it just because their team didn't win?

Was talking at work the other day, and saying how, Elway and Denver always seemed to have our number. That Elway was pulling off super comeback wins, like Mahomes' magic 13 second comeback win. It always seemed like we could never make it to the playoffs.  And if we did, we certainly never won the first playoff game.  But that we, meaning the KC area market, are living in a moment in time, that others have had (Brady for instance) and we have only watched from the other side.  That NOW, is OUR time.  Feels kinda good, LOL.

What worries me, or to make comparisons like I did to the Patriots, is what was mentioned a couple posts back.  That the Patriots were a dominating team.  The Chiefs through the years always played down to the level of their opponent, or sadly, a bit further down than the opponent, LOL.  Sort of seen it even the last several years.  We're good.  We're not killer good.  My untrained eye says we have depth, when injuries force a different hand. I just hope it's deep enough on Sunday.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:32:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:17:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If the Chiefs win tomorrow, then the extended run and dynasty talk continues.

They are going to win their weak division for the foreseeable future. Mahomes is only 27.

The question is can they win playoff football games on the road, up to now they haven't had to, but I hope we find out starting next season.

A ten year run of frequent Super Bowl appearances is historical in it's own right, it doesn't have to be 9 appearances and six rings.

Already, you can refer to this Chiefs team as the 2020-era Chiefs and everyone knows what you're talking about just like the 80's 49ers or 90's Bills.
View Quote

The fuck? Herbert, possibly Wilson if Payton can fix him, and the Raiders COULD try & make a splash...

It might not be as strong as we expected last offseason but it ain't weak IMO.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:20:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don’t know where this narrative really came from. Yes they lost a wide receiver (arguably the best in the league), but it was one guy. They lost some guys in the secondary and have several rookie DBs. The guys they lost were absolute hot garbage. Going into the season, at worst rookie DBs were going to be a lateral move.   They’ve proven to be way better than the guys they replaced. The core of the team is relatively unchanged. Rebuilding to me is you blew the team up and are more or less starting over. This is a retooling or restructuring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think a lot of this thread finds the constant ‘we’re rebuilding’ ‘we’re not contenders’ ‘we’re lucky to be here’ narrative very false and at this point annoying.

I think a lot of it comes from Chiefs' social media and Chiefs fans trying to lower expectations.

Like last season when they lost to the Bengals in the playoffs.  The Chiefs were the Super Bowl favorites who blew a home game as a huge favorite despite having a win probability as high as 95%.  And yet after the game they acted like the Chiefs were some no-name college basketball team that defied the odds and made it all the way to the Final Four before finally coming back down to earth.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:42:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm talking about your claim that "the haters" are terrified that Mahomes and the Chiefs will have a dynasty that compares to the run Brady and the Patriots had (winning 6 Super Bowls and barely losing 3 others).  I'm not talking about whether "its been a fun 5 years" for Chiefs fans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:maybe it's bc KC has been so good for so long people are kind of like 'ugh, again?'

I have no dog in this fight, as I am not a huge sports nut. But does it compare to Brady and the Patriots reign?  When it seemed like they were in it every year, or every other, was the same kind of "meh"???  I know I started to root for Brady, cause, well, he was a winner and it also got on the nerves of the more serious sports fans in my circle, LOL.  

I've been joking around with a few people by sort of saying I'm hoping the Eagles win.  Cause if they do, then I win.  But if they lose, then I still win (living in the KC metro, ya know.....).

Brady and the Patriots played in 9 Super Bowls, won 6 Super Bowls, and the ones they lost they lost by one score.

Mahomes and the Chiefs have played in 2 Super Bowls, won 1 Super Bowl, and in those 2 games combined they looked good for a grand total of one quarter.

It's not that what the Chiefs have done recently compares to what the Patriots did over their stretch.  It's what the Chiefs currently are doing in addition to the fear by the haters that the Chiefs look like they could do what the Patriots did.  When you look at the way the roster is built with the Chiefs having more snaps played in games this year by first and second year players than any other team by a large margin and another draft with extra picks coming up this offseason, they are in position to continue this run.  With the number of consecutive AFC championship games and 3rd super bowl appearance already and continuing it while rebuilding the roster they are certainly in position to keep getting shots at that super bowl every year for the near future.  When it's all said and done I predict this may not be the greatest dynasty of all time, but certainly will be in the discussion.

The question was "does it compare to Brady and the Patriots reign?" The answer to that question is "fuck no."

As for your post: I doubt many people outside of Chiefs homers and/or Mahomes leg humpers think Mahomes and the Chiefs are going to win 6+ Super Bowls and barely lose 3+ Super Bowls.  Of course that is a nigh impossible standard.

Correct it does not compare.  The haters are certainly scared that before they are done it will and are praying the Chiefs can't do it.  The fact is they are better setup for long term continued success than anyone else in the league right now and have already been in 5 consecutive AFC championships and 3 super bowls over that time.  I doubt any QB ever matches the number of super bowl wins Tom Brady did, but this comparison is going to be a lot closer than what you want to admit before Mahomes is done.

Again: I doubt many people, "haters" included, outside of Chiefs homers and/or Mahomes leg humpers think (or "are certainly scared" that) Mahomes and the Chiefs are going to win 6+ Super Bowls and barely lose 3+ Super Bowls.  

I didn’t say they would win 6 plus Super Bowls.  It’s been a fun 5 years and will continue to be fun for a long while.  Five consecutive AFC championships and 3 super bowl appearances over that time is a nice start to a dynasty with a young team in place.  No it doesn’t compare to the Patriots at this time, but it certainly is a nice start to a dynasty.  

I still am tickled the chiefs even got here during a rebuild and expect them to actually be better next year because of how they are built.  I feel the eagles have the more talented roster, but here we are with another shot at it and a bright future.

I'm talking about your claim that "the haters" are terrified that Mahomes and the Chiefs will have a dynasty that compares to the run Brady and the Patriots had (winning 6 Super Bowls and barely losing 3 others).  I'm not talking about whether "its been a fun 5 years" for Chiefs fans.

I'll make the prediction right now...

The Chiefs will have a run that will continue the next 5 years similar to what they have done the last 5 years.  Will it surpass what the Patriots did?  No.  Will it be considered one of the top 3 dynasties in the NFL of all time?  Yes.

The Chargers are in trouble cap wise.  The Bengals are going to start facing cap issues.  The Bills have blown most of their window.  The Broncos don't have much to work with cap wise or picks wise.  The Raiders are the Raiders and have a star RB who is a free agent and a QB change looming.  

The Chiefs meanwhile are loaded with rookies and second year players who are contributing starters as well as a bunch more picks upcoming.  Mahomes contract is going to seem more and more team friendly as the years progress.  The cap will rise and every year a QB who isn't as good as Mahomes will set a new record high QB contract.  

Five AFC championships and 3 superbowl appearances already while being built to be even better next year and continue being in the AFC championship year after year for the next several years.

I'll tune in for this same conversation in 5 more years.  With the cap and the parity in the league doing what the Chiefs are doing currently is impressive.  They will be the Team of the 2020's for sure.  Look we are already having a discussion about where they stand in history and the run isn't even over yet.  

They may not surpass the Patriots, but they certainly could pass the Cowboys run in the 90's, the 49ers or the 80's, the Steelers of the 70's, and the Packers of the 60's by the time Mahomes is done.  

Get used to it hater...the Chiefs of the 2020's and Mahomes will be talked about and compared to the greatest forever...LOL
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:04:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Chiefs will have a run that will continue the next 5 years similar to what they have done the last 5 years.  Will it surpass what the Patriots did?  No.  Will it be considered one of the top 3 dynasties in the NFL of all time?  Yes.

The Chargers are in trouble cap wise.  The Bengals are going to start facing cap issues.  The Bills have blown most of their window.  The Broncos don't have much to work with cap wise or picks wise.  The Raiders are the Raiders and have a star RB who is a free agent and a QB change looming.  

The Chiefs meanwhile are loaded with rookies and second year players who are contributing starters as well as a bunch more picks upcoming.  Mahomes contract is going to seem more and more team friendly as the years progress.  The cap will rise and every year a QB who isn't as good as Mahomes will set a new record high QB contract.  

Five AFC championships and 3 superbowl appearances already while being built to be even better next year and continue being in the AFC championship year after year for the next several years.

I'll tune in for this same conversation in 5 more years.  With the cap and the parity in the league doing what the Chiefs are doing currently is impressive.  They will be the Team of the 2020's for sure.  Look we are already having a discussion about where they stand in history and the run isn't even over yet.  

They may not surpass the Patriots, but they certainly could pass the Cowboys run in the 90's, the 49ers or the 80's, the Steelers of the 70's, and the Packers of the 60's by the time Mahomes is done.  

Get used to it hater...the Chiefs of the 2020's and Mahomes will be talked about and compared to the greatest forever...LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no dog in this fight, as I am not a huge sports nut. But does it compare to Brady and the Patriots reign?  When it seemed like they were in it every year, or every other, was the same kind of "meh"???  I know I started to root for Brady, cause, well, he was a winner and it also got on the nerves of the more serious sports fans in my circle, LOL.  

I've been joking around with a few people by sort of saying I'm hoping the Eagles win.  Cause if they do, then I win.  But if they lose, then I still win (living in the KC metro, ya know.....).

Brady and the Patriots played in 9 Super Bowls, won 6 Super Bowls, and the ones they lost they lost by one score.

Mahomes and the Chiefs have played in 2 Super Bowls, won 1 Super Bowl, and in those 2 games combined they looked good for a grand total of one quarter.

It's not that what the Chiefs have done recently compares to what the Patriots did over their stretch.  It's what the Chiefs currently are doing in addition to the fear by the haters that the Chiefs look like they could do what the Patriots did.  When you look at the way the roster is built with the Chiefs having more snaps played in games this year by first and second year players than any other team by a large margin and another draft with extra picks coming up this offseason, they are in position to continue this run.  With the number of consecutive AFC championship games and 3rd super bowl appearance already and continuing it while rebuilding the roster they are certainly in position to keep getting shots at that super bowl every year for the near future.  When it's all said and done I predict this may not be the greatest dynasty of all time, but certainly will be in the discussion.

The question was "does it compare to Brady and the Patriots reign?" The answer to that question is "fuck no."

As for your post: I doubt many people outside of Chiefs homers and/or Mahomes leg humpers think Mahomes and the Chiefs are going to win 6+ Super Bowls and barely lose 3+ Super Bowls.  Of course that is a nigh impossible standard.

Correct it does not compare.  The haters are certainly scared that before they are done it will and are praying the Chiefs can't do it.  The fact is they are better setup for long term continued success than anyone else in the league right now and have already been in 5 consecutive AFC championships and 3 super bowls over that time.  I doubt any QB ever matches the number of super bowl wins Tom Brady did, but this comparison is going to be a lot closer than what you want to admit before Mahomes is done.

I didn’t say they would win 6 plus Super Bowls.  It’s been a fun 5 years and will continue to be fun for a long while.  Five consecutive AFC championships and 3 super bowl appearances over that time is a nice start to a dynasty with a young team in place.  No it doesn’t compare to the Patriots at this time, but it certainly is a nice start to a dynasty.  

I still am tickled the chiefs even got here during a rebuild and expect them to actually be better next year because of how they are built.  I feel the eagles have the more talented roster, but here we are with another shot at it and a bright future.

The topic was "does it compare to Brady and the Patriots reign."  Not whether or not "in 5 years the Chiefs will be one of the top 3 dynasties in the NFL of all time."

Maybe they will.  Maybe they won't.  Regardless I'm talking about what actually has happened.  Not what might happen over the next 5 years.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:55:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Eagles also played one of the easiest roads to the Super Bowl a team has ever had.

- Home game against a team with a 3rd string QB, QB3 gets injured, has to be replaced by QB4, QB4 also gets injured, and QB3 has to finish the game despite suffering an injury to his throwing arm that will take 6+ months to recover from.
View Quote

You're correct, but in their Conference Championship games

Eagles put up 31 points on far and away the best defense in football.

The Chiefs needed the refs most of the game to hold off a MASH unit O-line.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#17]
What are you all making for the game today ?

I'm making wings, not sure if they are going to get grilled or air fried (yet)
Jalapeno/beer mopping sauce will be used either way.

JALAPENO BEER BARBECUE SAUCE

A thick and buttery barbeque sauce for the grill by the BBQ Pit Boys that's quick and easy to make, and goes real well with hot wings, chicken thighs and legs.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Worcestershire Sauce
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter
3-4 Jalapeno Peppers, fresh or pickled
COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS AND THEN SIMMER IN A PAN UNTIL THICKENED. USE FOR MOPPING AND DIPPING BARBEQUE SAUCE.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

How many points did the Chiefs put up on the best defense in football?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No one really cares here if the chiefs win or lose outside of the chiefs fans. I think a lot of this thread finds the constant ‘we’re rebuilding’ ‘we’re not contenders’ ‘we’re lucky to be here’ narrative very false and at this point annoying.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember the Chiefs being SB favorites coming into the season? I thought that was the ove-hyped Bills...
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A thick and buttery barbeque sauce for the grill by the BBQ Pit Boys that's quick and easy to make, and goes real well with hot wings, chicken thighs and legs.
1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter
COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS AND THEN SIMMER IN A PAN UNTIL THICKENED. USE FOR MOPPING AND DIPPING BARBEQUE SAUCE.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't remember the Chiefs being SB favorites coming into the season? I thought that was the ove-hyped Bills...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

everyone was on the bills nuts, Vegas included, but iirc chiefs were number two or three.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter
View Quote

that look like a good sauce.

I'm going to a friends so all I have to do is eat.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter
View Quote

I’m in Cancun. I’ll be having a mess of chorizo tacos with some of the best salsa I’ve ever tasted.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’m in Cancun. I’ll be having a mess of chorizo tacos with some of the best salsa I’ve ever tasted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter

Cancun?  Don’t you have some farming to do?

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How many points did the Chiefs put up on the best defense in football?
View Quote

Great question!!

A LOT

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter
View Quote

I'll be making creampies with the gf
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter

nah, he’s spending time with his rural best friend…
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you for your incredible contribution to this thread.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter

Lol not in February.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With under 2 mins to go in the first half the Eagles had 7 points and if the 49ers had challenged the 4th down play the Eagles would have had 0 points.  Having nearly a 2/1 TOP disadvantage gassed the 9ers defense.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congrats on going full-retard on your first post that you waited a month to post!

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Congrats on going full-retard on your first post that you waited a month to post!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His first post was worse before he edited it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter
View Quote

The wife is making soft pretzel bites as a snack. We'll probably have brats or burgers as our actual meal.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's what happened?

It's normal for teams to have some roster churn, but the Chiefs replaced about HALF of their starters plus several other high snap count rotational guys. Everyone they brought in to fill those holes were either rookies or cheaper for a reason veterans.

The five most important positions in the NFL are, in roughly this order:

QB
DE
OT
WR
CB

The WR, CB, and S positions got blown up with the only remaining contributors being a gadget WR, a versatile CB that's great at blitzing but average in coverage, and a S that's been benched a couple of times in his career.

DE is still a work in progress. Karlaftis is developing well relative to his draft pick, Dunlap is a good rotational guy, and Frank Clark is back from the dead (for now?) after not being relevant for a couple seasons. Most of KC wanted him gone, and the only reason he's here is because he agreed to restructure and stay with the team for the dead cap hit they were going to pay either way.

OT is also very sketchy. Andrew Wylie is a backup quality player, Orlando Brown routinely takes plays off without trying to block, and even when he does show effort, he can't hang with speed rushers. Both of these guys are near the top of the leaderboard for pressures allowed this season.

And while the Chiefs were trading away and cutting players and watching FAs walk, the other big teams in the AFC smashed their piggy banks and loaded up with as much talent as they could get. The general expectation was that the Chiefs would get weaker while the rest of the division and conference got much stronger.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#41]

There's also this:

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter
View Quote

Frying some wings and southwest egg rolls.
Made homemade pretzels. Going to stuff half of them with pimento cheese and bacon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Eagles win a blowout. Win by 10 at least. Book it now. That's my prediction. Kansas city is more overated then the niners super defense that gave up 31.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

1 quart ketchup (32oz.)
1 Beer (12oz.)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
4 tbls. Coarse Salt
1 tbl. Garlic Powder
1 tbl. Cayenne Powder
1 tbl. Chili Powder
1 to 2 sticks Butter
View Quote

I’m making spinach artichoke dip.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#45]
This is some bullshit.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is some bullshit.

View Quote

I don’t understand why it’s “bullsshit”?

He’s working for one team at a time.

Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is some bullshit.

View Quote

Seems legit to me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don’t understand why it’s “bullsshit”?

He’s working for one team at a time.

Am I missing something?
View Quote

Quoted:

Seems legit to me.
View Quote

It’s bullshit because I’m a bitter cowboys fan.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Seems legit to me.
View Quote

Chiefs fan boi here, it’s fair game.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Carr said 'fuck a trade' and should be released by Tuesday.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top