Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ignoring the historical reasons someone might want to play for the Raiders... Vegas has to be a super tempting place to play. Nevada has no income tax. 24 hour city. Night clubs galore. No winter weather. Fantastic new facilities with tons of fans. Lots of commercial/endorsement opportunities. Guaranteed primetime games. You're a 1 hour flight or 4 hour drive away from Los Angeles. It's really the perfect place for a young wealthy athlete to maximize their fun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
David Carr (NFL Network, Derek Carr's brother) said that DaVante Adams has actually been trying to get traded to the Raiders for several years. Was close to happening a couple times but never did.
what is it with high end receiver's obsession with the raiders?

I'd understand if they were some great winning organization, but they're not.
Ignoring the historical reasons someone might want to play for the Raiders... Vegas has to be a super tempting place to play. Nevada has no income tax. 24 hour city. Night clubs galore. No winter weather. Fantastic new facilities with tons of fans. Lots of commercial/endorsement opportunities. Guaranteed primetime games. You're a 1 hour flight or 4 hour drive away from Los Angeles. It's really the perfect place for a young wealthy athlete to maximize their fun.

I wonder if he grew up a Raiders fan? Plus the Carr connection.

Oh well. I think the Pack got value for him without having to shell out monster WR money.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Rodgers, speaking after The Match last night, "I think about (retirement) all the time. And I resonate with what Tom said about the mindset of 55-45. You know, when you commit, you're 100%. But the older you get, the interests change and the grind, I think, wears on you a little bit more, and the football part, that's the easy part. That's the joy. It's the other stuff that wears on you and makes you think about life after football. Tommy obviously set the bar so high with playing so many years, but I can definitely see the end coming."
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I was watching a CBS news interview with the mom that ran into Robb elementary to rescue her kids when the police wouldn't and 1 of the 3 people in the studio during the interview commenting on it was Nate "I use to play football" Burleson.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]

One day retirement contract.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I present to you Marion Barber's two yard run:

Marion Barber - The Greatest 2 Yard Run Ever (Patriots vs. Cowboys 2007)
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for sharing.  I've seen that mentioned but havent seen the play.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzUTn-PEPYU
View Quote
They gave him two yards for that? Generous spot.
Definitely some O holding there too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Next Gen Stats 2021 Deep Ball (20+ air yards) top 10. In descending order of NGS' proprietary "Passing Score" which is heavily weighted on CPOE. I didn't bother to put that number on the list.

10: Aaron Rodgers - 24 of 63 (38.1%), 873 yards, 6 TDs, 3 INTs, 97.8 passer rating
9: Derek Carr - 26 of 67 (38.8%), 934 yards, 7 TDs, 5 INTs, 90.2 passer rating
8: Russell Wilson - 26 of 71 (36.6%), 978 yards, 9 TDs, 2 INTs, 112.5 passer rating
7: Carson Wentz - 23 of 53 (43.4%), 797 yards, 7 TDs, 3 INTs, 106.3 passer rating
6: Pat Mahomes - 27 of 66 (40.9%), 916 yards, 7 TDs, 2 INTs, 111 passer rating
5: Matt Stafford - 27 of 58 (46.6%), 1175 yards, 7 TDs, 7 INTs, 93 passer rating
4: Justin Herbert - 24 of 60 (40%), 882 yards, 8 TDs, 4 INTs, 99.3 passer rating
3: Kyler Murray - 28 of 60 (46.7%), 940 yards, 7 TDs, 3 INTs, 111.1 passer rating
2: Matt Ryan - 20 of 42 (47.6%), 718 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 107.7 passer rating
1: Josh Allen - 28 of 68 (41.2%), 954 yards, 5 TDs, 2 INTs, 100.7 passer rating

Josh Allen completed 52.2 percent of deep passes on extended dropbacks (four or more seconds before releasing a pass) for a league-best 427 yards, a 5:1 TD-INT ratio and a 119.1 passer rating. He completed 22.2 percent more of such attempts than expected, and owned the highest passer rating of quarterbacks with 10 or more such attempts. No one was close to Allen's class on extended dropbacks when passing deep: He led the NFL in pass expected points added on such throws, nearly 10 pass EPA better than the next-closest quarterback, Patrick Mahomes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

One day retirement contract.
View Quote

Meh, he will probably rush for another 800yds this season.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I must have missed what they said, but if Florio is mad I'll take his word for it.

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I must have missed what they said, but if Florio is mad I'll take his word for it.

View Quote

It's funny.  Virtually nothing has changed in the past 6 months as it relates to COVID and yet we've gone from the media acting like it is airborne AIDS to barely mentioning it (at least from what I've seen).

No shocker that Florio is part of the hysterics hold outs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Florio has always been a moron.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Eagles can go suck a dick.

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#16]

It's national gun violence awareness day or some shit. Expect it from all the teams. Already say one from Buffalo,  but didn't call for bans thank god
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#17]

I hope the Eagles fans express their dissatisfaction with their teams statement as only Eagles fans can.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I hope the Eagles fans express their dissatisfaction with their teams statement as only Eagles fans can.
View Quote

By burning their city down?
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beating up Santa?
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Beating up Santa?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beating up Santa?

snow balls?
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Expect Bears fans to express their dissatisfaction by shooting each other.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Rusty Hardin (Watson's attorney) appeared on SportsRadio 610 this morning.

He ended the interview by going on a one minute rant about how "happy endings" at the end of a massage are not necessarily illegal. Spoke about how if a person does not pay extra for the sexual activity (prostitution) then it isn't a crime to engage in a sexual act with a masseuse.

I really just don't even have the words for this defense anymore...
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He ended the interview by going on a one minute rant about how "happy endings" at the end of a massage are not necessarily illegal. Spoke about how if a person does not pay extra for the sexual activity (prostitution) then it isn't a crime to engage in a sexual act with a masseuse.

View Quote

Is he a cat?

Because it sounds Ike Deshauns going to jail.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's enough accusers at this point that arguing that it was consensual is probably the best defense. Hey, it may work in clown world.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#25]

My disdain for the Eagles has always been primarily about their fans which are, IMO, the worst in all of American pro sports.

However, I see their front office is making a strong push for the lead.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Beating up Santa?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beating up Santa?

Walking up to little girls and then sticking their finger down their own throat to intentionally vomit on them?
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Walking up to little girls and then sticking their finger down their own throat to intentionally vomit on them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beating up Santa?

All of the above.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#28]
My friend (who knows how I feel about Nate Burleson) sent me this one with a timestamp.

An interview with an attorney about a defamation case involving DV and alleged sexual assault and Burleson literally says “I am a former NFL player.”

Amber Heard's attorney Elaine Bredehoft on verdict and what's next

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Rusty Hardin has released a statement following this morning's comments.

"On a Houston radio show interview today, I mentioned that a massage that has a 'happy ending' is not illegal, meaning it is not illegal for someone to have consensual sex with a therapist after a massage unless the sex is for pay. Deshaun did not pay anyone for sex. I was using the term hypothetically and not describing Deshaun's case."

"I have reiterated to others it's not ok to do anything that a woman does not agree to do. These women have alleged assaults in their pleadings. I was speaking in a hypothetical situations. If there is a consensual sexual encounter after a massage, that is not a crime nor the basis for a civil suit. I was not talking about what Deshaun did or did not do or expected or did not expect."

Watson needs a lawyer/publicist to protect him from his own lawyer...
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

snow balls?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beating up Santa?

snow balls?

Throwing batteries usually.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Not only does Denver need a new owner, Wilson will reportedly ask for $250 mil over 5 years…

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/russell-wilson-new-contract-asking-price-rumor
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not only does Denver need a new owner, Wilson will reportedly ask for $250 mil over 5 years…

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/russell-wilson-new-contract-asking-price-rumor
View Quote

Wilson turns 36 years old in the season after his current contract expires.

Of course if Wilson holds out early demanding it, he’ll have the Broncos by the short hairs.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Wilson turns 36 years old in the season after his current contract expires.

Of course if Wilson holds out early demanding it, he’ll have the Broncos by the short hairs.
View Quote

Be even better if he's not the same Russ.  Which he didn't seem to be after he came back last year.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#35]

"I don't know if I've ever felt more at home in a stadium or w/a fanbase, and I was in Buffalo for 4 years, but those are my people. I feel like I understand them and they understand me."
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Reported expectations of multiple $4.5B+ bids.

Edit: Forbes is reporting that the Walmart heir Rob Walton is going to be the winning bidder.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Panthers hire a "trans" cheerleader

Nope, not that guy

This guy

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Washington Commanders announced some things they will be doing this season:
Preaseason Wk1: Unveil new fight song
Wk2: Tribute to Washington legends from the 50s, 60s and 70s.
Wk7: Alumni homecoming
Wk12: Permanent Sean Taylor installation unveiled
Wk17: New mascot unveiled

Can't wait to see what bullshit they came up with for that. Love that they are waiting until the end of the season. Just in case the fans are pissed, then you are entering the off-season and can just forget about it anyways?
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Rusty Hardin was at it again this weekend. Asked, by USA Today, about the $5,000 he reportedly gave to a Houston spa owner, "She asked him to help out her business and he did, and that's what the $5,000 was. It didn't have anything to do with all the ulterior suggestions."

"He was very inspired to help Black businesses. That is one example of the numerous contributions he made to various Black businesses around Houston," Leah Graham (another one of his attorneys).

Dionne Louis, the recipient of the $5,000 said that Watson gave it to her because he is a, "nice guy". However she has invoked her Fifth amendment privilege and has refused to testify about her text exchanges and conversations with Deshaun Watson.

Three plaintiffs have accused Dionne Louis of knowing that Watson was a sexual deviant and she was still facilitating massages for him without telling the masseuses about his known behavior.

"Nice guy", "helping black businesses"...

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Romeo Crennel announced his retirement this morning:

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Rusty Hardin was at it again this weekend. Asked, by USA Today, about the $5,000 he reportedly gave to a Houston spa owner, "She asked him to help out her business and he did, and that's what the $5,000 was. It didn't have anything to do with all the ulterior suggestions."

"He was very inspired to help Black businesses. That is one example of the numerous contributions he made to various Black businesses around Houston," Leah Graham (another one of his attorneys).

Dionne Louis, the recipient of the $5,000 said that Watson gave it to her because he is a, "nice guy". However she has invoked her Fifth amendment privilege and has refused to testify about her text exchanges and conversations with Deshaun Watson.

Three plaintiffs have accused Dionne Louis of knowing that Watson was a sexual deviant and she was still facilitating massages for him without telling the masseuses about his known behavior.

"Nice guy", "helping black businesses"...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/jH6s9HMMi53dSdI73r/giphy.gif
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

"I don't know if I've ever felt more at home in a stadium or w/a fanbase, and I was in Buffalo for 4 years, but those are my people. I feel like I understand them and they understand me."
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#45]

At one time I figured the NFL was very reluctant to do anything about Watson, but thanks to his own lawyer he looks worse than ever these days.

Is the NFL getting embarrassed enough by this ongoing clown show that they will suspend him for the whole season?  I kind of think it might happen now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

At one time I figured the NFL was very reluctant to do anything about Watson, but thanks to his own lawyer he looks worse than ever these days.

Is the NFL getting embarrassed enough by this ongoing clown show that they will suspend him for the whole season?  I kind of think it might happen now.
View Quote

And Jimmy Haslam still wouldn't be the worst owner in the NFL
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's the same thing he did last year. He wanted to make all the women's names public. He knew who they were, but he wanted the public to be able to do "their own investigation" into the women. Nothing more than a disgusting scare tactic, encouraging anonymous strangers (the public) to get involved with the accusers lives.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#50]
24th lawsuit has been filed today. It even includes mention of Rusty Hardin's "happy endings" interview from last week.

From the suit. The accuser met Watson for his appointed massage but the session ended short because Watson needed to leave abruptly after taking a phone call. Watson re-scheduled for a second massage a few days later.

During the second massage Watson began masturbating on the massage table, the plaintiff ended the massage, but Watson stood up and continued to masturbate "aggressively" before ejaculating. The plaintiff reportedly quit massage therapy completely shortly after the event.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top