Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, Bills fans.  It’s looking more and more likely that Allen will be on the Madden cover.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They should have went with propane, I tell you what.
View Quote
They have the best accessories, yes sir.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:53:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sorry, Bills fans.  It's looking more and more likely that Allen will be on the Madden cover.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/AAA0D188-C261-454B-B6C2-F223D0F3DA88_jpe-2841782.JPG
View Quote
Bills are contenders this season.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sorry, Bills fans.  It’s looking more and more likely that Allen will be on the Madden cover.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/AAA0D188-C261-454B-B6C2-F223D0F3DA88_jpe-2841782.JPG
View Quote

Didn't Mahomes break the curse already
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats the word around the camp fire...

And that pic sucks...they need to have him hurdling someone for the cover

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Chiefs get an asterisk because they weren’t contenders and thus the Mahomes cover didn’t earn the ire of the football gods.

Allen and the Bills don’t have that luxury.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The Chiefs get an asterisk because they weren’t contenders and thus the Mahomes cover didn’t earn the ire of the football gods.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well... ... ... Shit
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Implementation of the salary cap ended the Cowboy dynasty more than Jimmy’s frustration with Jerry.  It meant that payroll was no longer the pathway to success.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah , the JJ vs JJ feud really fucked us Cowboys fans over . They maybe could have had success like Belichik and Kraft  had . We will never know .  

Implementation of the salary cap ended the Cowboy dynasty more than Jimmy’s frustration with Jerry.  It meant that payroll was no longer the pathway to success.

This implies Dallas bought their championship talent, when the truth is that the vast majority of mid 90’s Dallas talent was drafted by Dallas or acquired as castoffs in the old system.

Quoted:
Quoted:

The salary cap actually would’ve helped the Cowboys, which is why Jerry was the one pushing for it.

For an NFL owner, Jerry Jones really isn’t all that rich.  Jerry knew if other, far wealthier, owners started to REALLY open up their checkbooks there would be no way for Jerry to compete.

I don’t remember it happening that way, at all.  I remember Eddie DeBartolo, Jr., and Jerry in an arms race for about 5-6 years with two teams loaded with Hall of Famers that they couldn’t monopolize once the cap was implemented.  Regardless, if Jerry did want the cap, do you think it has worked out as he intended?  The Cowboys are valuable, he didn’t go broke on All Pros….but he hasn’t won anything since, either.

You’re 100% wrong. Jerry was one of the biggest proponents for the cap, and definitely the biggest proponent of the “big market” team owners. Also, as stated above, Dallas mostly grew their teams internally. Hell, their first two 90s championships were won with teams mostly comprised of players on their rookie contracts. The 95 season had veteran players and a couple of big name big contract free agents. Deion and Charles Haley

Quoted:
Quoted:

I only mentioned Vick because in the 2nd half of his career he wasn't as reliant on his legs. He wasn't really a pocket passer though, more like the Rodgers/Mahomes kind of QB but with less arm talent.

Mahomes and Rodgers are both a million times the QB that Vick was for a lot of reasons, but I contend that nobody has ever had more arm talent than he did.

I had a similar thought. Just pure arm talent (not skill), Vick is easily top 5 as far as long time NFL starter when referring to arm talent.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Biggest Cinderella story of sports history.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

6th round pick in 2020, so entering his 4th season. He's their kick returner. 61 returns in 45 game appearances. 1,645 yards (27.0 per return), 1 run back for a TD.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Two Browns players robbed at gunpoint, per police report

BEREA, Ohio -- Two Cleveland Browns players were robbed at gunpoint by six masked men, according to a police report.

…the two players were cornerback Greg Newsome II and defensive tackle Perrion Winfrey.

Neither was harmed during the incident, police said.

According to police, the two players left a Cleveland nightclub early Monday morning. When they got to Newsome's truck in a nearby parking lot, six masked men jumped out of an unknown car and robbed them at gunpoint at 3:30 a.m. ET Monday. In addition to stealing jewelry, the suspects fled in Newsome's truck.

Link
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
robbed them at gunpoint at 3:30 a.m. ET Monday.
View Quote
"Nothing good happens after midnight." - Bo Schembechler

Repeated/reused by countless football coaches in the decades since.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This implies Dallas bought their championship talent, when the truth is that the vast majority of mid 90’s Dallas talent was drafted by Dallas or acquired as castoffs in the old system.

You’re 100% wrong. Jerry was one of the biggest proponents for the cap, and definitely the biggest proponent of the “big market” team owners. Also, as stated above, Dallas mostly grew their teams internally. Hell, their first two 90s championships were won with teams mostly comprised of players on their rookie contracts. The 95 season had veteran players and a couple of big name big contract free agents. Deion and Charles Haley

View Quote

They were both organic picks, but in 1993, Troy Aikman was the highest-paid player in the NFL, and Emmitt was the 9th-highest.  Dallas was the only team with 2 players in the top 10.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I had a similar thought. Just pure arm talent (not skill), Vick is easily top 5 as far as long time NFL starter when referring to arm talent.
View Quote

I'm only single quoting because it's easier.

IMO, you're both confusing arm talent with arm strength.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

???

The salary cap was implemented between the 1993 and 1994 seasons?  Dallas and San Fran both won one more, but it was the end of the era.  Only SF has made it back to a NFCCG or SB since, and they didn’t win.
View Quote

Since the salary cap and free agency, parity between teams is tight. There isn't a ton separating the Chiefs versus say, the Texans. Sure the Chiefs have an edge in talent, especially at QB. But, the entire organization is superior to the Texans. From ownership down. Since there is so much parity in the league, IMO, the little things make or break a team. The culture as set by ownership. The GM. Coaching.

That's why a team like the Chiefs has built a perpetual contender, and say the Cowboys have as much talent as any other roster, but no serious person considers Dallas a contender unfortunately. Culture is important. That's why once in the post season, the Chiefs win championships, and Dallas comes out flat, acting like they can't wait for their vacations to start

Talent alone will only take you so far.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

When Vick threw, it didn’t even look like arm strength.  It was an effortless flick of the wrist for a frozen rope.  Now, he didn’t have touch.  He couldn’t read a defense (maybe at the end of his career he could slightly more thanks to Andy Reid). He couldn’t be the first player in the building.  He couldn’t be the last player to leave the building.  He couldn’t study film, and he couldn’t stay awake during meetings.  But he could throw lasers.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Since the salary cap and free agency, parity between teams is tight. There isn't a ton separating the Chiefs versus say, the Texans. Sure the Chiefs have an edge in talent, especially at QB. But, the entire organization is superior to the Texans. From ownership down. Since there is so much parity in the league, IMO, the little things make or break a team. The culture as set by ownership. The GM. Coaching.

That's why a team like the Chiefs has built a perpetual contender, and say the Cowboys have as much talent as any other roster, but no serious person considers Dallas a contender unfortunately. Culture is important. That's why once in the post season, the Chiefs win championships, and Dallas comes out flat, acting like they can't wait for their vacations to start

Talent alone will only take you so far.
View Quote

I agree, and that’s why I think the cap hurt the Cowboys. The cap is what makes what  Belicheck did with NE that much more impressive, for as much as I hate the Patriots.  The cap makes it a lot harder to achieve or sustain success.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#21]
As for the end of the 90s Cowboys dynasty. Even though I don't believe he was really a HOF QB, I do respect his football intelligence. Everything I have read from Troy Aikman interviews, he speaks to the change in culture in the team, after Jerry was firmly in charge. Yes, Jimmy was leaving either way, but, Jerry could have hired another football guy to run the team. Nope, he wanted credit. Therefore, he has to accept responsibility for their almost 3 decades of mediocrity. When you have played in the same number of NFC championship games as Detroit and Washington since 1995, while every other team in the conference has at least played in it once, that is the definition of underachieving.

The Cardinals have been to the super bowl for fucks sake

Players have changed. Coaches have come and gone. Once constant. Jerry Jones.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I agree, and that’s why I think the cap hurt the Cowboys. The cap is what makes what  Belicheck did with NE that much more impressive, for as much as I hate the Patriots.  The cap makes it a lot harder to achieve or sustain success.
View Quote

It does, but, the Patriots and now Chiefs are providing its possible. And as much as I hate to say it, even the 49ers and Eagles

The salary cap has made, culture of the organization much more important. It's made drafting more important, although I will say the Dallas drafts as well as anyone in the league. But when it comes playoff time, and your talent knows it won't be held accountable, they play flat, and with no fucks to give.

No fucks to give is a good summary of the Cowboys post seasons since 95.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They were both organic picks, but in 1993, Troy Aikman was the highest-paid player in the NFL, and Emmitt was the 9th-highest.  Dallas was the only team with 2 players in the top 10.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what? They weren’t brought in from the outside as the term “arms race” implies.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, talent is “IMO” inherent.

Skill is earned through experience and training.

Vick had arm talent in ABUNDANCE.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As for the end of the 90s Cowboys dynasty. Even though I don't believe he was really a HOF QB, I do respect his football intelligence. Everything I have read from Troy Aikman interviews, he speaks to the change in culture in the team, after Jerry was firmly in charge. Yes, Jimmy was leaving either way, but, Jerry could have hired another football guy to run the team. Nope, he wanted credit. Therefore, he has to accept responsibility for their almost 3 decades of mediocrity. When you have played in the same number of NFC championship games as Detroit and Washington since 1995, while every other team in the conference has at least played in it once, that is the definition of underachieving.

The Cardinals have been to the super bowl for fucks sake

Players have changed. Coaches have come and gone. Once constant. Jerry Jones.
View Quote

I think everyone agrees that Jerry is the problem.  I think any HC knows that going in.  It’s why Garrett kept the job for as long as he did: “Yes sir, of course sir.  Great idea, sir.”  That being said — if I were a billionaire NFL team owner, it would be very difficult for me to not meddle.  Maybe even down to probably violating NFL rules by sitting in the coordinator’s box during games giving suggestions.  So I can see where he’s coming from.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Videos in the 1st and 3rd Tweets.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Warren Moon comes to mind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last season's XFL OPOTY QB Jordan Ta'amu is working out for the Vikings today
25 years old, 6'3", 214lbs
In 10 games he had 2.2k total yards, 17 total TDs, 7 total turnovers
It seems like it's really rare for a guy to catch on in the NFL after playing in these minor leagues.  Best I can recall was Cam Wake coming from the CFL.

Not super successful as far as wins while a starter, but I generally like the guy.  Might also be because I watched the famous BC/Miami hail mary game.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Flutie

edit:  the other guy in the picture is halfway famous too
https://i.postimg.cc/j22rhGDW/Doug-Flutie-Donald-Trump-Generals-football-press-conference.jpg

Warren Moon comes to mind

Tommy Maddox, too. *shudders*
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/gcdn/presto/2022/10/17/PROC/51a4e4d0-ea68-4e9a-b552-a89ad0aea483-AP22290023458423.jpg?crop=8007,4504,x0,y100&width=3200&height=1801&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Michael Thomas is at the Saints OTAs.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#31]
via Albert Breer over on SI: Colts CB Isaiah Rodgers isn't the only player the NFL is investigating on the gambling front. Rumors have swirled for weeks now that the league's latest probe into sports betting could implicate a healthy number of guys from across the league.

As you might imagine, Park Avenue is taking this very, very seriously, knowing that it'll set a tone for how these matters are handled going forward. It's also a lot more complicated than it used to be, with the league now heavily involved in the business of gambling, with gaming partnerships left and right, and a casino's name right there on a stadium in New Orleans that'll host the Super Bowl just 20 months from now (12 months after Las Vegas hosts one).

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya think??
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ya think??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ya think??

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Ah, Blank Check.  The Disney movie with a 30 year old woman kissing a 10 year old boy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ah, Blank Check.  The Disney movie with a 30 year old woman kissing a 10 year old boy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh, is it like a GD slutty teacher thread?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think everyone agrees that Jerry is the problem.  I think any HC knows that going in.  It’s why Garrett kept the job for as long as he did: “Yes sir, of course sir.  Great idea, sir.”  That being said — if I were a billionaire NFL team owner, it would be very difficult for me to not meddle.  Maybe even down to probably violating NFL rules by sitting in the coordinator’s box during games giving suggestions.  So I can see where he’s coming from.
View Quote

I gave Garrett shit, I give McCarthy shit. But, frankly, I am impressed both did as well as they have, with the anchor weighing them down.

I mean, McCarthy just did consecutive 12 win seasons, he deserves credit for that. Granted he has a very talented roster, but, his record as a Cowboys coach is what it is. Regular season.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
via Albert Breer over on SI: Colts CB Isaiah Rodgers isn't the only player the NFL is investigating on the gambling front. Rumors have swirled for weeks now that the league's latest probe into sports betting could implicate a healthy number of guys from across the league.

As you might imagine, Park Avenue is taking this very, very seriously, knowing that it'll set a tone for how these matters are handled going forward. It's also a lot more complicated than it used to be, with the league now heavily involved in the business of gambling, with gaming partnerships left and right, and a casino's name right there on a stadium in New Orleans that'll host the Super Bowl just 20 months from now (12 months after Las Vegas hosts one).

View Quote

Jesus Christ
Probably going to be at least 87 Cowboys players suspended for this shit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Cleveland Browns: "QB1"

The flashing lights are probably a requirement to help warn any masseuses in the area.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ

I think the Cowboys are traditionally known for cocaine use and domestic violence, not gambling.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I think the Cowboys are traditionally known for cocaine use and domestic violence, not gambling.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/gcdn/presto/2022/10/17/PROC/51a4e4d0-ea68-4e9a-b552-a89ad0aea483-AP22290023458423.jpg?crop=8007,4504,x0,y100&width=3200&height=1801&format=pjpg&auto=webp

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/1DED1650-1067-450B-8A35-0F177B3CFA48_jpe-2842216.JPG

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Eric Mangini, "The progress the Chicago Bears have made this offseason, and where Justin Fields is heading, makes them a lot more dangerous team than anybody is envisioning them to be."

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Eric Mangini, "The progress the Chicago Bears have made this offseason, and where Justin Fields is heading, makes them a lot more dangerous team than anybody is envisioning them to be."

https://gifdb.com/images/thumbnail/lilo-and-stitch-please-h6vz5m7zs2d521ij.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Suggest you read up on the 1919 Chicago White Sox.

What would a player say when he's $3-400,000 in debt to the bookies & they "politely suggest" he drop a critical pass here & there?
View Quote

Betting on ones self to win shouldn't be illegal.

Lets say it is legal, what you are stating would be illegal in any and all scenarios regardless about betting.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Jaguars just posted (10 minutes ago) a video for their new 1st Downtown Jacksonville concept/stadium district.

A First Look at the Stadium of the Future | Jacksonville Jaguars

Renderings:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Jaguars just posted (10 minutes ago) a video for their new 1st Downtown Jacksonville concept/stadium district.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h556-OxMSwA

Renderings:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Those rafters look horrible.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Has Burrow not been on the Madden cover? Seems he is a better choice than Allen. Obviously it should be Mahomes every year but that’d piss people off.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top