BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 557
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bills mandatory minicamp began today. Stefon Diggs was not in attendance.

When asked how concerned he was about Diggs' absence, McDermott replied, "Very concerned. Very concerned."

He just signed a large extension last year, so doubt it is contract related. Seemingly in reply to missing camp, Diggs posted photos on his Instagram showing himself working out with his own trainer. So also seemingly not health/injury related.
View Quote

I thought it was funny how Diggs' agent tried to make it sound like the Bills were just making shit up with his agent saying Diggs had "been there since Monday morning," took a physical, and even met with McDermott and Beane (GM).... while omitting that Diggs left the team's facility before practice even started.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Stefon Diggs' agent, Adisa Bakari, said his client is in Buffalo, has been in Buffalo since yesterday morning, took his physical, met with the head coach and GM the past two days and the Pro-Bowl WR "will be there for the entirety of the minicamp."

And yet... He wasn't there today...

CBS' Jonathan Jones says Diggs was at the facility this morning but left before practice.

Josh Allen, in his after-practice media session, "I know internally we're working on some things. Not football-related, but Stef, he's my guy. Excuse my ... I fucking love him. He's a brother of mine. This does not work, what we're doing here, without him. ... But I've got his back no matter what."

When Allen was asked to elaborate about Diggs' absence not being related to football, he said, "I mean I think it has more to do than just football, is what I'm basically saying. I think there's the football piece, one, and then stuff that happens due to football. And I'll just kind of keep it at that."

https://media.tenor.com/XW9YNG31DmcAAAAC/so-mysterious-alesha-dixon.gif
View Quote

Sounds like he's started down that path

Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Diggs is pissy about the playcalling down the stretch and a n the playoffs. I can’t say I blame him.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Diggs is pissy about the playcalling down the stretch and a n the playoffs. I can’t say I blame him.
View Quote

I hope this isn't that but I agree that Diggs was right.

Diggs is a great player beyond any doubt. Dorsey may or may not be a competent OC.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stefon Diggs' agent, Adisa Bakari, said his client is in Buffalo, has been in Buffalo since yesterday morning, took his physical, met with the head coach and GM the past two days and the Pro-Bowl WR "will be there for the entirety of the minicamp."

And yet... He wasn't there today...

CBS' Jonathan Jones says Diggs was at the facility this morning but left before practice.

Josh Allen, in his after-practice media session, "I know internally we're working on some things. Not football-related, but Stef, he's my guy. Excuse my ... I fucking love him. He's a brother of mine. This does not work, what we're doing here, without him. ... But I've got his back no matter what."

When Allen was asked to elaborate about Diggs' absence not being related to football, he said, "I mean I think it has more to do than just football, is what I'm basically saying. I think there's the football piece, one, and then stuff that happens due to football. And I'll just kind of keep it at that."

https://media.tenor.com/XW9YNG31DmcAAAAC/so-mysterious-alesha-dixon.gif

Sounds like he's started down that path

https://image-cdn.essentiallysports.com/wp-content/uploads/20200614215437/antonio-browqn-1600x1127.jpg

Many diva WRs do.

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wasn’t one of the reasons he traded a, at the time, top 3 WR for a case of beer and some used golf clubs because he had too many baby mamas or something like that?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wasn’t one of the reasons he traded a, at the time, top 3 WR for a case of beer and some used golf clubs because he had too many baby mamas or something like that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not here to defend BOB, but I think Jack Easterby had major involvement in those sorts of policies/moves.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm not here to defend BOB, but I think Jack Easterby had major involvement in those sorts of policies/moves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I probably should have included “reportedly.”

I just vaguely recall something about “baby mamas” involving the baffling trade.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Mahomes, Cousins, and... Mariota?

Why Mariota of all people?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mahomes, Cousins, and... Mariota?

Why Mariota of all people?
View Quote

Good QB

Average QB

Garbage QB
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Diggs is in attendance and participating today.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any reports of frostbite on his feet from a cryotherapy session?
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just vaguely recall something about “baby mamas” involving the baffling trade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I recall as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#18]
LB Tweet: Chest pounding.

CB Tweet: *unintelligible*

DE Tweet: Admission to felony.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Jesus. What a fucking mess this minicamp turned out to be.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Jesus. What a fucking mess this minicamp turned out to be.
View Quote

They always cancel the last day.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Wentz wants and intends to play this season, and is awaiting the right situation."

So when a team's projected week 1 starting QB is injured this Summer and the team becomes desperate enough to sign a washed up QB that no one actually wants as their starter?
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

"Wentz wants and intends to play this season, and is awaiting the right situation."

So when a team's projected week 1 starting QB is injured this Summer and the team becomes desperate enough to sign a washed up QB that no one actually wants as their starter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is kind of what I thought of his situation. Is he still expecting a starting job ffs?
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#26]
The Bucs are signing FA kicker Rodrigo Blankenship after his attendance at their minicamp this week.

Formerly with Indy, he's the one that had some profile videos done on his huge Lego and shoe collections.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#27]
McDermott said he feels the situation with Stefon Diggs is "resolved".

Clarifying his "very concerned" comments, "That's my sentiment with any player, in particular a player as important to us as Stef. And so, I get concerned when players miss for reasons off the field, for reasons on the field. Whether it be they're injured or whatever it is. That's just how I am. So, when I say very concerned, I'm very concerned, because of the situation with one of our players, and it was something that we needed to work through and those are healthy conversations that happen and I'm extremely appreciative of those conversations. It gets us, when you have those healthy conversations, it gets you to a better spot. And I feel good about that. I feel like we're in that spot."

McDermott said they had a meeting Tuesday morning which led to Diggs excused absence from camp. "We got to a point where I just, we just, felt like we all needed a break and some space. And so, I gave Stef permission to get some space and head out and then picked up those conversations after practice."

McDermott said that he was keeping the content of the conversation and the people involved internal.

Josh Allen said that he spoke with Diggs and that "I'm sure we're going to have some more conversations moving forward and as an organization, as QB-receiver, as an offensive coordinator, everything that goes in."

Edit: Very much sounds like typical "give me the ball" drama.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Raiders maybe?
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, it is all about playcalling.

He doesn’t mind not getting the ball when they are winning big but if they aren’t he wants the ball.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He doesn’t mind not getting the ball when they are winning big but if they aren’t he wants the ball.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that's true then that would make him better than most diva WRs.

I think most of them would rather have a 125 yards and 2 TDs in a loss than 25 yards and no TDs in a win.  In the regular season at least.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's mid June, he tore his ACL and is out for the season.

Rod Woodson tore his ACL during a regular season game, had surgery, and came back during the same season.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's mid June, he tore his ACL and is out for the season.

Rod Woodson tore his ACL during a regular season game, had surgery, and came back during the same season.

[/quote

Unreal what Rod Woodsen did.

Wish they could have kept him.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I think most of them would rather have a 125 yards and 2 TDs in a loss than 25 yards and no TDs in a win.  In the regular season at least.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has had some games where they won and he was a decoy and he didn’t mind at all. There are a couple of interviews out there with him talking about it. He does think he is the best WR though and if the game plan isn’t working, he thinks the best way to fix it is to feed him.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Current cap space leaving minicamps:

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He has had some games where they won and he was a decoy and he didn’t mind at all. There are a couple of interviews out there with him talking about it. He does think he is the best WR though and if the game plan isn’t working, he thinks the best way to fix it is to feed him.
View Quote

Yep.
If we score without him, he's happy.
If we punt a few times without throwing the ball to him, he's pissed.
Good.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Raiders maybe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Raiders maybe?

Makes sense since the last we heard of Jimmy G was a failed physical.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That is kind of what I thought of his situation. Is he still expecting a starting job ffs?
View Quote
If so he'll be waiting until Cowheard gets a HC job.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was he stabbed?
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder how many Super Bowls Marino would have won if he would have been drafted by the Steelers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 1:01:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder how many Super Bowls Marino would have won if he would have been drafted by the Steelers.[/quote

They had the defense and running game along with some pretty decent wide receivers.

I think they could have come close to pushing the team total close to seven.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#43]

And this is pretty bad ass

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Still no public cause of death, but gonna lean drugs/suicide based on the fact that no news of cause of death likely means it was behind closed doors and because of part of his brothers comment in his Instagram post: "I pray your at peace now because ik how much you was rlly hurtin"
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And this is pretty bad ass

View Quote
  • 613 diamonds (609 round, 4 marquise) and 35 rubies for a total of 16.1 carats.
  • Top has 16 rubies representing their 16 divisional titles dating back to 1962 when they were the Dallas Texans.
  • 50 diamonds on the arrowhead representing the 50th anniversary of Arrowhead Stadium.
  • 16 baguette diamonds at the base for the 16 players who scored TDs in 2022.
  • 38 diamonds in the backdrop representing the 38 points scored in the Super Bowl along with 19 diamonds totaling 57 for the 57th Super Bowl.
  • 54 diamonds lining the top representing the number of points the Chiefs had to come from behind for their last two Super Bowl playoff runs.
  • Not only does the top come off, but it has an attachment point so the top of the ring can be worn as a pendant on a chain.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm going to use his name as a verb... This is the definition of Antonio Brown-ing it.

The National Arena League kicked the Albany Empire out of the league yesterday after the team's owner (Antonio Brown) failed to pay a mandatory league fee as well as a fine he received due to recent public comments.

"After exhausting all avenues, the NAL board of owners have decided unanimously to terminate the membership agreement of the Albany Empire," the league said in a release. "The decision was reached after an emergency conference call of the members in good standing to discuss the Empire's failure to pay their league mandated and overdue assessments."

Brown became the majority owner of the upstate New York team in April. Under terms of league ownership, all teams are required to pay one-seventh of the NAL operating budget via monthly transactions. The league said Brown made the April payment but didn't pay the May 15 installment or a $1,000 fine for conduct detrimental to the league. Brown also challenged the April payment, which was credited back to him.

The NAL said the team accountant informed officials "that it didn't seem like Mr. Brown was going to pay the assessment or fine," leading to the emergency conference call.

The membership gave the Empire until noon ET Thursday to make the payment. When they didn't pay, the NAL canceled the team's Saturday home game against the Jacksonville Sharks, and it will adjust the rest of the league's 2023 regular-season schedule without the Albany squad.

Since Brown bought the Empire, the team has been through multiple coaches, and both quarterbacks on the roster were released after last weekend's loss to the Orlando Predators that dropped Albany to 1-6.

What a fucking tool.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Via PFT: Deion Sanders may need to have his left foot amputated as he continues to have significant blood flow issues. He already has had two toes amputated from the foot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Pride Of Detroit is reporting that HBO has approached the Lions about volunteering to be the Hard Knocks team again this season as a sequel. The Lions are not one of the 4 eligible teams, but if those 4 eligible teams all decline, another team can volunteer for the role before the NFL forces one of the 4 eligible teams to host the show.

The Lions have not accepted the invitation, and they don't seem to be inclined to do so. Implicit in this development is the possibility that the league/HBO have asked other teams to consider doing it, even if they can't be compelled to do it.

The Bears, Saints and Jets have all made public statements about not wanting to do the show and the Commanders are an awkward choice given their recent controversies and ownership issues.

It appears the NFL may be scrambling to make a deal to find another team willing to host the show before they are forced to make either the Bears, Saints or Jets host the program against their wills.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top