BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 557
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's fitting it is versus the Vikings. The Lions used that logo beginning in 1961 which was the Vikings inaugural season.

The Raiders game is a MNF game. So they will be showing off that MSPaint level cat on primetime.
View Quote

Sometimes it's best to leave the past in the past.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Schefter, on the Pat McAfee show, said that "there was no trade market for Trey Lance and the 49ers didn't have any trade talks with teams." Purdy is the starter if healthy, and "my guess going into camp is that Sam Darnold has the edge to be number two".
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Schefty also spoke a little about Diggs and the Buffalo situation. The two quotes from their Twitter:

"I think that Stefon Diggs unhappiness goes back weeks and maybe months. ... Everything is good right now but let's see if it lasts."

"I don't know the specifics of what happened in Buffalo [referencing Frazier's departure, possibly Lombardi's rumor]. ... It's hard to imagine that Frazier and McDermott couldn't get along and figure something out."
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's fitting it is versus the Vikings. The Lions used that logo beginning in 1961 which was the Vikings inaugural season.

The Raiders game is a MNF game. So they will be showing off that MSPaint level cat on primetime.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This season might be the first good season they have in decades & they're going to go into their final game (which is set up for playoff implications) wearing that logo?

*finally gets prime time game other than Thanksgiving*

*wears child's drawing as logo*
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 6/21/2023 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#6]
So uh... what if Cook and Hopkins end up on the Bills together?
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Bills immediately become a LA Rams style "you better win right now because you're screwed for a few years if you don't" sort of team.

That's not a roster construction approach I'd take if I had a team with a top-3 QB in his mid-20s.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Bills immediately become a LA Rams style "you better win right now because you're screwed for a few years if you don't" sort of team.

That's not a roster construction approach I'd take if I had a team with a top-3 QB in his mid-20s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They wouldn't be giving up anything for em though. Just cash.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So maybe the Saints are a better comparison?

Either way, loading up on expensive stars past their prime isn't a great strategy. It can work, but it's a great way to get stuck with a bunch of cap space allocated to guys that aren't even on the field.

They've already got danger zone aging player contracts on Von Miller, Mitch Morse, and Matt Milano. Adding DeAndre Hopkins and Dalvin Cook to that list isn't a great plan unless they come at a very nice discount.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wins are not a QB stat.  Or a stat for any other individual player, for that matter.
View Quote

Horseshit.

Why else is Brady the GOAT if not for wins? Johnny Unitas won NFL championships in three different decades. Aside from Brady, I don't recall anyone else doing that. Jim Kelly never won a SB yet he's considered one of the best, is he not?

Jeff George had a rocket for an arm yet he isn't ever in a "best ever" conversation because he didn't win shit.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When did those guys win a superbowl, and when was the last one? And how many were in the salary cap era.

Interestingly you haven't given any examples from the last over 20yrs.
So much for
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When did those guys win a superbowl, and when was the last one? And how many were in the salary cap era.

Interestingly you haven't given any examples from the last over 20yrs.
So much for

I named those because they stood out in my memory of watching great SB's.

2000: Marshal Faulk.

Faulk is one of only three NFL players to reach at least 10,000 rushing yards and 5,000 receiving yards and the only one to amass 12,000 yards rushing and 6,000 yards receiving.

2001: Antowain Smith. 1,150 yards rushing for the regular season. 11th in rushing that year. Of those who finished above him that year, only half of them even made the playoffs.

The next season Smith rejuvenated his professional career when he joined the New England Patriots. He ran for 1,157 yards and 12 touchdowns in the regular season. He also ran for 204 yards in the playoffs as the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVI.

2002: Mike Alstott.

Michael Joseph Alstott (born December 21, 1973), is an American former professional football player who was a fullback in the National Football League (NFL) for 12 seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Nicknamed "A-Train", he played college football at Purdue and was selected by the Buccaneers in the second round of the 1996 NFL Draft. Alstott received six Pro Bowl and three first-team All-Pro honors during his career

2003: Faulk & Antowain Smith.

2004: Corey Dillon.

During his last three seasons, he played for the Patriots, where he was named to a fourth Pro Bowl and contributed to New England's victory in Super Bowl XXXIX. He retired with over 11,000 rushing yards and is 20th in NFL rushing yards.

2005: Jerome Bettis.

A six-time Pro Bowl and two-time first-team All-Pro selection, he is regarded as one of the greatest power runners of all time and ranks eighth in NFL rushing yards.

Need more? Then do them yourself.

I do agree the salary cap has greatly devalued the RB position. It's all over the NFL chat sites as well as talking heads on tv. There's only a small group of highly paid RB's in the league these days, my local Titans having Derrick Henry as one of them. Now it seems as if RB is as interchangeable as a kicker is?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:25:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

None of those guys took a snap this century.
View Quote

Well, no shit.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Yet you post nothing my memes. You have nothing to back up your claim, IOW.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Speaking of...What's up with Kamara?
View Quote

His lawyers are probably negotiating a financial settlement. I've heard rumors he did similar when he was at UT but it got covered up. No proof, just stories.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Schefter, on the Pat McAfee show, said that "there was no trade market for Trey Lance and the 49ers didn't have any trade talks with teams."
View Quote

Can't believe the Bears or Packers didn't look hard at him? Maybe the Saints?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

2001: Antowain Smith. 1,150 yards rushing for the regular season. 11th in rushing that year. Of those who finished above him that year, only half of them even made the playoffs.

I do agree the salary cap has greatly devalued the RB position. It's all over the NFL chat sites as well as talking heads on tv. There's only a small group of highly paid RB's in the league these days, my local Titans having Derrick Henry as one of them. Now it seems as if RB is as interchangeable as a kicker is?
View Quote

Can’t remember a SB winner since the 60s that didn’t have top 2-3 RB…..

Provides a list that includes a guy that rushed for less 400 yards the entire season as his supporting argument.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Horseshit.

Why else is Brady the GOAT if not for wins? Johnny Unitas won NFL championships in three different decades. Aside from Brady, I don't recall anyone else doing that. Jim Kelly never won a SB yet he's considered one of the best, is he not?

Jeff George had a rocket for an arm yet he isn't ever in a "best ever" conversation because he didn't win shit.
View Quote

Brady played for the greatest coach in NFL history on well-constructed and well-coached teams, and then won one more playing for a different well-constructed and well-coached team.  Regardless, Brady can’t be credited for the referees interpreting a fumble in a way no one had ever seen in the history of pro football up to that time.  He can’t be credited for not running Marshawn Lynch from the 1.  And he can’t be credited for Atlanta snapping the ball with 10+ seconds left on the play clock over and over in the 4th.  He was lucky and good, and was fortunate to have perfect situations around him.  Nevertheless, wins are not a stat for any individual player.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

In 2000, the top 3 RBs were Edgerrin James, Robert Smith, and Eddie George,

In 2001, Priest Holmes, Curtis Martin, and Stephen Davis.

In 2002, Ricky Williams, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Priest Holmes.

In 2003, Jamal Lewis, Ahman Green, and LaDainian Tomlinson.

In 2004, Curtis Martin, Shaun Alexander, and Corey Dillon.

In 2005, Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, and Larry Johnson.

So from your list, only Corey Dillon was in the top 3, and he was 3rd.  Great and valuable historical perspective from a football historian, thank you.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tyreek Hill in trouble for assault in Miami. Go figure

#FinsUp    
Dumb ass punched someone after a fishing charter.

It wasn't a woman so he'll be fine.

Be accused of hitting a woman with not a shred of evidence = 6 game suspension

Be caught in 4K beating a man nearly to death = *crickets chirping*

The NFL league office:

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Brady played for the greatest coach in NFL history on well-constructed and well-coached teams, and then won one more playing for a different well-constructed and well-coached team.  Regardless, Brady can’t be credited for the referees interpreting a fumble in a way no one had ever seen in the history of pro football up to that time.  He can’t be credited for not running Marshawn Lynch from the 1.  And he can’t be credited for Atlanta snapping the ball with 10+ seconds left on the play clock over and over in the 4th.  He was lucky and good, and was fortunate to have perfect situations around him.  Nevertheless, wins are not a stat for any individual player.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Horseshit.

In before the Brady nut huggers pile in to tell you he's responsible for everything good that ever happened in the stadium while he was there including defensive performance, roster construction, janitorial maintenance, or whatever.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Bud Light trying to get you to like them again by featuring NFLers

...Anheuser-Busch plans to tap NFL players and country music stars to pitch Bud Light to the masses. Tyler Braden, Seaforth and others will take part in a Bud Light Backyard Tour that brings musicians to intimate locations. And NFL athletes Travis Kelce, George Kittle and Dak Prescott will star in other ads ahead of the the football league’s 2023-2024 season.  What’s more, Anheuser-Busch will give away $10,000 each week to a fan
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

...Anheuser-Busch plans to tap NFL players and country music stars to pitch Bud Light to the masses. Tyler Braden, Seaforth and others will take part in a Bud Light Backyard Tour that brings musicians to intimate locations. And NFL athletes Travis Kelce, George Kittle and Dak Prescott will star in other ads ahead of the the football league’s 2023-2024 season.  What’s more, Anheuser-Busch will give away $10,000 each week to a fan
View Quote

Lmao.  Get wrecked.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Via NFL(dot)com: Miami Dolphins wide receiver Tyreek Hill remains under investigation for an allegation of assault and battery, the Miami-Dade (Florida) Police Department confirmed to NFL Media on Wednesday evening.

Edit: From the same Twitter account quoted from GenY, Tyreek Hill allegedly slapped someone in the back of the head on the boat.

What a douche. No wonder Tua won't let him babysit his kids.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anheuser-Busch lost over $27 BILLION in market value and all they’re willing to give away is $10k a week?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Horseshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wins are not a QB stat.  Or a stat for any other individual player, for that matter.

Horseshit.

Jeff George. LOL. He's not in "best ever" conversations not because he didn't win shit, it's because he wasn't a good quarterback. Sheesh. You're really complicating a simple discussion here.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Anheuser-Busch lost over $27 BILLION in market value and all they’re willing to give away is $10k a week?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see how they'll recover. That brand is going to be tainted for a long time.

Also, the fix for their marketing problem isn't NFL players. It's titties. But everyone knows that already.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't see how they'll recover. That brand is going to be tainted for a long time.

Also, the fix for their marketing problem isn't NFL players. It's titties. But everyone knows that already.
View Quote

They tried titties.  Unfortunately titties on a dude.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be fair they don't have much left.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#31]

I'm assuming this is associated with his blood flow/foot issues.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Anheuser-Busch lost over $27 BILLION in market value and all they're willing to give away is $10k a week?
View Quote
Damn.  That's almost as bad as the Trey Lance trade.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 4:04:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Damn.  That's almost as bad as the Trey Lance trade.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2023 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Provides a list that includes a guy that rushed for less 400 yards the entire season as his supporting argument.
View Quote

What guy is that?????
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Wrong thread
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He was lucky and good, and was fortunate to have perfect situations around him.  Nevertheless, wins are not a stat for any individual player.
View Quote

No such thing as luck in anything. As Vince Lombardi used to say, "the harder I work, the luckier I get."
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So from your list, only Corey Dillon was in the top 3, and he was 3rd.  Great and valuable historical perspective from a football historian, thank you.
View Quote

Ok, so maybe Top 3 is too tight a window. Aside from that, the FACTS show all the SB WINNERS I got from the NFL sites show a damn good RB & not some bum-of-the-month. Which is why I added the quotes showing what that RB had on his resume`.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Jeff George. LOL. He's not in "best ever" conversations not because he didn't win shit, it's because he wasn't a good quarterback. Sheesh. You're really complicating a simple discussion here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If he wasn't a "good" QB, then why/how did he make millions of $$$ in the NFL?

Further proving many of you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground:

Jeff George (born December 8, 1967) is an American former football quarterback who played in the National Football League (NFL) for 14 seasons. He played college football at the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, where he won the Sammy Baugh Trophy, and was selected first overall by the Indianapolis Colts in the 1990 NFL Draft. A member of seven teams during his career, George helped the Atlanta Falcons in 1995 and the Minnesota Vikings in 1999 reach the playoffs and led the league in passing yards during the 1997 season with the Oakland Raiders.

You don't lead the NFL in a positive category in anything by not being good. Jesus.  

Are there #1 pick busts? Sure, many of them. Ryan Leaf being one of the more notable. But NFL GM's don't keep a guy in the league for 14 years because he sucks. My point about George was his arm strength, not where he ranked among QB's.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Jordan Mailata and the Eagles cheerleaders made an appearance at a Darius Rucker concert.

Mailata is a really good singer.

Darius Rucker w/ the Eagles Live - Alright - Barefoot Country Music Festival, NJ - 6/17/23
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What guy is that?????
View Quote

Aren’t you the historian?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You don't lead the NFL in a positive category in anything by not being good. Jesus.  

Are there #1 pick busts? Sure, many of them. Ryan Leaf being one of the more notable. But NFL GM's don't keep a guy in the league for 14 years because he sucks. My point about George was his arm strength, not where he ranked among QB's.
View Quote

You have to be trolling at this point. A QB that plays for seven teams isn’t “good” by NFL standards.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 4:47:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeff George (born December 8, 1967) is an American former football quarterback who played in the National Football League (NFL) for 14 seasons. He played college football at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, where he won the Sammy Baugh Trophy, and was selected first overall by the Indianapolis Colts in the 1990 NFL Draft. A member of seven teams during his career, George helped the Atlanta Falcons in 1995 and the Minnesota Vikings in 1999 reach the playoffs and led the league in passing yards during the 1997 season with the Oakland Raiders.

So do you think Matt Schaub was good
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You have to be trolling at this point. A QB that plays for seven teams isn’t “good” by NFL standards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a response typed that said this exact thing and decided not to bother.

Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, in other words, you're pulling it out your ass. Big surprise.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not trolling at all. Just amazed YOU think YOU'RE smarter than seven NFL GM's who signed him over his career AND paid him millions of dollars.

You also dodge him leading the NFL in passing one season. Jesus, I can't believe someone employs you.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Matthew Schaub is an American former football quarterback who played for 17 seasons in the National Football League. (

You think you stay in the NFL for 17 years by being "average" or worse? Obviously he was a back-up for most of his career, but GM's & HC's don't keep people because they're jewish, do they?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well since the self proclaimed NFL historian doesn’t know Jack shit….

You listed Jerome Bettis on the 2005 Steelers as “proof” that top2-3 or HOF quality backs carried every team the Super Bowl since the 60s.

He rushed for a total of 368 yards that season. 548 yards if you include the four playoffs games.

Willie Parker rushed for 1200 yards that season, on the same team.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look man, I know you're new to the board, but try being respectful.

There is certainly a time and place for banter but these guys have been doing the NFL thread for a dozen odd years, generally know what they're talking about, and can back it up with facts and stats.

This is what they are doing and what you haven't done.  It shouldn't be a surprise that you are getting called on it.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top