Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yet no one has disproven the stats I posted. Oh, wait. there was the one about a "guy with 400 yards rushing for the season" but somehow he failed to mention a name.

Yet to see anyone "run circles around" me on football. I've been involved in football in one way or another since the early 1960s. Played post-secondary too. How bout you, sparky?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, what the fuq is your problem? Most of your posts are confrontational and or condescending starting with the first one. You do know people can have different opinions right?

And the regulars will run circles around you with actual stats.

Yet no one has disproven the stats I posted. Oh, wait. there was the one about a "guy with 400 yards rushing for the season" but somehow he failed to mention a name.

Yet to see anyone "run circles around" me on football. I've been involved in football in one way or another since the early 1960s. Played post-secondary too. How bout you, sparky?

He did indeed mention the name.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I agree whole heartedly.

Actually, Sammy Baugh wasn't the first one to begin throwing the ball. Many say it was the GB Packers in the 1930s with Don Hutson & several different QB's over his career. Read here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Hutson

Hutson played at Bama in college, playing end. Who played the other end, one might wonder? Some kid from Moro Bottom, Arkansas named Paul Bryant. Wonder what ever happened to him?

Given the changes in the game & players, the only way to compare players from different eras is "did they dominate their peers or not?" The "best pure passer of all time" should dominate his peers. He did not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From this discussion I will speak my opinion that I truly believe in the importance of a running game.  Not the importance of a running back, but the running game in general.  An o-line, scheme, and multiple backs with different strengths are very valuable to the success of a QB as well as a defense obviously.  

Marino had one year supported by a good running game if my memory is correct.  John Elway didn't win a super bowl until he had a running game.  True his RB was a big part of that, but that O-line was very good and any decent back would do well behind it.  

I agree whole heartedly.

...I also gathered from this discussion that the argument is the stats from a guy that was one of the first to make the forward pass a big part of the game led the league in passing stats more than others makes him a better passer than Marino?

LOL...be far better than others of your time in an era where the forward pass wasn't as big a part of the game isn't really a sound argument in my opinion.  

Obviously, rules have changed, and athletes are better, but this current era has a heck of a lot of great passers which will make it very difficult to lead passing stats several years in a row as there is so much close competition at the QB position.

Actually, Sammy Baugh wasn't the first one to begin throwing the ball. Many say it was the GB Packers in the 1930s with Don Hutson & several different QB's over his career. Read here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Hutson

Hutson played at Bama in college, playing end. Who played the other end, one might wonder? Some kid from Moro Bottom, Arkansas named Paul Bryant. Wonder what ever happened to him?

Given the changes in the game & players, the only way to compare players from different eras is "did they dominate their peers or not?" The "best pure passer of all time" should dominate his peers. He did not.

Did you just seriously type that Dan Marino didn’t “dominate his peers”?

https://www.espn.com/classic/biography/s/Marino_Dan.html
After a disappointing 1999 season (12 touchdown passes and 17 interceptions), Marino retired at 38. He owned 25 NFL records outright and shared five others. Among his marks: Leading the league in completions six times, throwing for at least 20 touchdown passes 13 times, throwing at least four touchdown passes in a game 21 times (six in 1984), having 13 400-yard passing games (peaking at 521) and having 13 3,000-yard passing seasons.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You started the personal insults yet you cry foul at a little name calling back...that is convenient. You meant "Sparky" in the name of freindship amiright? And your comparison to Marino is ridiculous in the context the rest of us are talking about.

Bert Jones
QBrec 47-55
Cmp% 56.1
Yds 18190
Y/A 7.1
TD 124
Int 101

Dan Marino
QBrec 147-93
Cmp% 59.4
Yds 61361
Y/A 7.3
TD 420
Int 252

This is why people think your "lived football all my life opinions" are somewhat lacking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You started the personal insults yet you cry foul at a little name calling back...that is convenient. You meant "Sparky" in the name of freindship amiright? And your comparison to Marino is ridiculous in the context the rest of us are talking about.

Bert Jones
QBrec 47-55
Cmp% 56.1
Yds 18190
Y/A 7.1
TD 124
Int 101

Dan Marino
QBrec 147-93
Cmp% 59.4
Yds 61361
Y/A 7.3
TD 420
Int 252

This is why people think your "lived football all my life opinions" are somewhat lacking.

Now do which QB had the most All Pro WR's during his tenure. I know Marino had 2-3, it seems like? I also question pure stats = "pure passer", which was the criteria, was it not? Is there a stat on arm strength? If so, please point it out. I was remarking on Jones's arm strength regarding the pure passer criteria, not who had better numbers.

Nor was Jones a motley QB. Staubach & Stabler, that's not bad company, IMO. Is it yours too?

The 1976 regular season was Jones's finest as a professional; he threw for 3,104 yards and a career-high 24 touchdowns, compiling a passer rating of 102.5. He was one of only three quarterbacks to achieve a 100+ passer rating during the entire decade of the 1970s, joining Dallas's Roger Staubach (1971) and Oakland's Ken Stabler (1976). Jones was honored by the Associated Press as 1976's NFL Most Valuable Player[7] and NFL Offensive Player of the Year, selected first-team All-Pro, and named to the Pro Bowl team.

I guess Bill Belichick doesn't know squat either, like all those GM's who kept signing Fitzpatrick & Schaub?

In 1990, Jones participated in the first NFL Quarterback Challenge. He finished first in the retiree category and third in the regular competition (The regular competition taking the top three finishers from the alumni competition and adding them to the regular field of current quarterbacks). Given his strong performance, Bobby Beathard, then the general manager of the Chargers, wanted Jones to come out of retirement, but Jones was 38 at the time and chose not to try a comeback.

Longtime scout Ernie Accorsi is quoted as saying that if Bert Jones had played under different circumstances, he probably would have been the greatest player ever. John Riggins has been quoted as saying Jones was the toughest competitor he has ever witnessed. On the eve of Super Bowl XLII, New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, in discussing his choices for the greatest quarterbacks of all time, described Jones as the best "pure passer" he had ever seen.

So you contend me using "Sparky" because I don't know anyone's name, is the same thing as me being labeled a "retard" & "imbecile"? Is that what you're saying? I don't want to put words in your mouth, I want YOU to say if it's the same or not, make it clear. Nor did I call foul, I pointed how GD childish it is. Lack of intellect, lack of facts always results in childish name calling. Just like liberals. How utterly LAME.

So, go ahead & tell us all how you know more than Bill Belichick. I'm anxious to hear that particular presentation.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Derek Carr on his ending with the Raiders (being benched the last two weeks): "I was, for lack of a better term, I was very upset; I was mad. You spend nine years in a place, you have all the records and you can play at a high level and for something to get in the way, whether it was whatever reason, money related or whatever, injury related, I would have said I don't even want the money, just to play two more times in front of our fans. I didn't get that opportunity. So, it definitely lit a fire inside me to keep going."

"If you win more games and you keep being productive, you stay there forever. But we didn't win enough games and that's the kind of stuff that happens with all the turnover of coaches; with all the different things. Eventually, the last guy in the room is usually going to be out at some point. And that's really what happened."

"I've survived about 20 coaches and that's how it goes, and it is what it is."

"Once they made my wife cry, that was pretty much over. Once they made her cry, that was out. But the love for my teammates is what probably would have made me do it. But the way it worked out and the timing of things, I was just ... it was time for me to move on. But who knows? You never know what will happen."

"I have so many friends over there. I want them to succeed. I want Jimmy to be healthy. I want him to play great, because that helps Davante. It helps Maxx, Josh Jacobs. It helps all my friends, Kolton, Andre. I'm going to stop naming names because someone will get upset, but all my friends over there, I just want them to have success. That's all I was ever trying to do is give my best so they could win."

"The thing that matters to me the most is the Saints win. I want my friends to have success and I don't want them to have hard times, but I still want the Saints to win a little more."
View Quote

I know Carr just murdered the Titans when he played against them. Might've had career days, I'm not sure. It was like the Pepsi commercial where the NFL QB goes to a college team in disguise & lights it up.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o6MbqSEkfk1ARgR2w/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952hdx2lufcoa71mtpmksxa48qu8s8p5pu0iyma4hb3&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Jeff George?

Did you forget about Scott Mitchell?

Marino led the nfl in passing yards 5 times.  Brees passed him with 7.
View Quote

What does Mitchell have to do with anything?  

George had a million $$ arm & a five cent head. But he was in the league for many years, so he had something to keep him there, didn't he?

Tell me, is Belichick digging my Homer Simpson grave too? You know, since he doesn't know shit from shinola about NFL QB's either?
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Did you just seriously type that Dan Marino didn’t “dominate his peers”?

https://www.espn.com/classic/biography/s/Marino_Dan.html
View Quote

How close was the guy in second place in the years he led in passing? Was it by a country mile or somewhat close?

Tell me again how many SB's the "best pure passer" was on the winning team?
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Now do which QB had the most All Pro WR's during his tenure. I know Marino had 2-3, it seems like? I also question pure stats = "pure passer", which was the criteria, was it not? Is there a stat on arm strength? If so, please point it out. I was remarking on Jones's arm strength regarding the pure passer criteria, not who had better numbers.

Nor was Jones a motley QB. Staubach & Stabler, that's not bad company, IMO. Is it yours too?

I guess Bill Belichick doesn't know squat either, like all those GM's who kept signing Fitzpatrick & Schaub?

So you contend me using "Sparky" because I don't know anyone's name, is the same thing as me being labeled a "retard" & "imbecile"? Is that what you're saying? I don't want to put words in your mouth, I want YOU to say if it's the same or not, make it clear. Nor did I call foul, I pointed how GD childish it is. Lack of intellect, lack of facts always results in childish name calling. Just like liberals. How utterly LAME.

So, go ahead & tell us all how you know more than Bill Belichick. I'm anxious to hear that particular presentation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bert Jones
QBrec 47-55
Cmp% 56.1
Yds 18190
Y/A 7.1
TD 124
Int 101

Dan Marino
QBrec 147-93
Cmp% 59.4
Yds 61361
Y/A 7.3
TD 420
Int 252

The 1976 regular season was Jones's finest as a professional; he threw for 3,104 yards and a career-high 24 touchdowns, compiling a passer rating of 102.5. He was one of only three quarterbacks to achieve a 100+ passer rating during the entire decade of the 1970s, joining Dallas's Roger Staubach (1971) and Oakland's Ken Stabler (1976). Jones was honored by the Associated Press as 1976's NFL Most Valuable Player[7] and NFL Offensive Player of the Year, selected first-team All-Pro, and named to the Pro Bowl team.

In 1990, Jones participated in the first NFL Quarterback Challenge. He finished first in the retiree category and third in the regular competition (The regular competition taking the top three finishers from the alumni competition and adding them to the regular field of current quarterbacks). Given his strong performance, Bobby Beathard, then the general manager of the Chargers, wanted Jones to come out of retirement, but Jones was 38 at the time and chose not to try a comeback.

Longtime scout Ernie Accorsi is quoted as saying that if Bert Jones had played under different circumstances, he probably would have been the greatest player ever. John Riggins has been quoted as saying Jones was the toughest competitor he has ever witnessed. On the eve of Super Bowl XLII, New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, in discussing his choices for the greatest quarterbacks of all time, described Jones as the best "pure passer" he had ever seen.

Wow, a lot of opinions and "yeah buts" after I posted actual stats. A great passer can make wide receivers better regardless of arm strength. And a great QB wins more than he loses. Both fails it seems on Jones part. And as far as non game QB challenges...LOL, really? And now you seem to think I'm claiming Bill Belicheck doesn't know squat...like WTF

If you stopped posting retarded stuff maybe people wouldn't call you mean little names. Take your own advice and put those members on ignore. I also like how you call GD childish and yet that is how you are posting. The "but I diddin du nuffin" excuse doesn't fly here. Take that chip off your shoulder and join the rest of us.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Weird flexing going on.

Marinos 1984 season is unmatched and always will be. To do what he did during that time is absolutely crazy. IIRC the Dolphins could never get the defense right.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Weird flexing going on.

Marinos 1984 season is unmatched and always will be. To do what he did during that time is absolutely crazy. IIRC the Dolphins could never get the defense right.
View Quote

Marino's fault for not playing defense.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird flexing going on.

Imagine that 1984 Dolphins team with Bert Jones under center.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Football Zebras with an update on this year's officials.

12 new officials. 2 veteran officials have been designated as swing officials and will move between crews all season long. Alan Eck is a new referee, the 9th in the last 6 years. Replacing 19 year veteran Jerome Boger who retired. There are 17 total crews this season. 85 of the 138 total officials (discluding referees) remain on the same crew as last season.

Brad Allen's crew will have a 1st year line judge and a 1st year replay assistant.
Tra Blake's crew has no rookies.
Clete Blakeman's crew will have a 1st year umpire.
Carl Cheffer's crew will have a 1st year back judge.
Land Clark's crew has no rookies.
Alan Eck's crew has no rookies.
Adrian Hill's crew will have a 1st year line judge.
Shawn Hochuli's crew will have a 1st year field judge.
John Hussey's crew has no rookies.
Alex Kemp's crew will have a 1st year field judge.
Clay Martin's crew will have a 1st year umpire and a 1st year replay assistant.
Scott Novak's crew will have a 1st year down judge.
Brad Rodger's crew will have a 1st year back judge and a 1st year replay assistant.
Shawn Smith's crew will have a 1st year down judge.
Ron Torbert's crew has no rookies.
Bill Vinovich's crew will have a 1st year down judge and a 1st year replay assistant.
Craig Wrolstad's crew will have a 1st year side judge.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Leonard Fournette's vehicle caught fire while he was driving it. Instagram

That WAS a Durango SRT Hellcat. He has some other photo of it on his account pre-fire.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Football Zebras with an update on this year's officials.

12 new officials. 2 veteran officials have been designated as swing officials and will move between crews all season long. Alan Eck is a new referee, the 9th in the last 6 years. Replacing 19 year veteran Jerome Boger who retired. There are 17 total crews this season. 85 of the 138 total officials (discluding referees) remain on the same crew as last season.

Brad Allen's crew will have a 1st year line judge and a 1st year replay assistant.
Tra Blake's crew has no rookies.
Clete Blakeman's crew will have a 1st year umpire.
Carl Cheffer's crew will have a 1st year back judge.
Land Clark's crew has no rookies.
Alan Eck's crew has no rookies.
Adrian Hill's crew will have a 1st year line judge.
Shawn Hochuli's crew will have a 1st year field judge.
John Hussey's crew has no rookies.
Alex Kemp's crew will have a 1st year field judge.
Clay Martin's crew will have a 1st year umpire and a 1st year replay assistant.
Scott Novak's crew will have a 1st year down judge.
Brad Rodger's crew will have a 1st year back judge and a 1st year replay assistant.
Shawn Smith's crew will have a 1st year down judge.
Ron Torbert's crew has no rookies.
Bill Vinovich's crew will have a 1st year down judge and a 1st year replay assistant.
Craig Wrolstad's crew will have a 1st year side judge.
View Quote

Wonder how many new ones will be female?  
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wow, a lot of opinions and "yeah buts" after I posted actual stats. A great passer can make wide receivers better regardless of arm strength. And a great QB wins more than he loses. Both fails it seems on Jones part. And as far as non game QB challenges...LOL, really? And now you seem to think I'm claiming Bill Belicheck doesn't know squat...like WTF

If you stopped posting retarded stuff maybe people wouldn't call you mean little names. Take your own advice and put those members on ignore. I also like how you call GD childish and yet that is how you are posting. The "but I diddin du nuffin" excuse doesn't fly here. Take that chip off your shoulder and join the rest of us.
View Quote

Greatest QB in history can't make a WR hang onto the ball.

Jones was hurt roughly 1/2, maybe more, of his career. Not his fault.

Regardless of the post, there's NO excuse to act like a libtard now, is there? Ignore the post, post a rebuttal, whatever. But childish name calling is for the facebook crowd.

Difference of opinion is not a chip on my shoulder. But people saying a QB they've seen play is better (or worse) than one they've NEVER seen play is pretty GD silly, IMO. That's what NFL Films was designed for.

Never claimed you said one thing or another about Belicheck, which is why I asked your opinion about his ranking of Jones as #1. Yet you managed to skip right over that, huh?

Never mind, I'm adding another to my ignore list. Ta ta.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Regardless of the post, there's NO excuse to act like a libtard now, is there? Ignore the post, post a rebuttal, whatever. But childish name calling is for the facebook crowd.

Difference of opinion is not a chip on my shoulder. But people saying a QB they've seen play is better (or worse) than one they've NEVER seen play is pretty GD silly, IMO. That's what NFL Films was designed for.

Never claimed you said one thing or another about Belicheck, which is why I asked your opinion about his ranking of Jones as #1. Yet you managed to skip right over that, huh?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've mentioned liberal/libitards several times. I don think that word(s) means what you think it means. Oh what could have been but wasn't arguments. And more words in my mouth. Who says I never seen them play? More shotgun convoluted arguments. Man you are all over the place. I don't give a flying fuq about what BB thinks, not my point. Thanks for putting me on ignore sparky, LOL.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Surprisingly, none from the new group.
  • Brett Bergman: Line Judge, Big Ten / USFL, officiated the Orange Bowl and Senior Bowl last year
  • Jay Bilbo: Down Judge, Big 12 / XFL, officiated the Gasparilla Bowl and NFLPA Bowl last year
  • Scott Campbell: Umpire, Big 12 / USFL, officiated the Pinstripe Bowl and the NFLPA Bowl last year
  • James Carter: Umpire, SEC / USFL, officiated the Cheezit Bowl and Senior Bowl last year
  • Walter Flowers: Down Judge, SEC / USFL, officiated the SEC Championship game last year
  • Martin Hankins: Back Judge, SEC / USFL, officiated the Fiesta Bowl and Senior Bowl last year
  • Dale Keller: Down Judge, Pac 12 / XFL, officiated the Peach Bowl and NFLPA Bowl last year
  • Jason Ledet: Field Judge, Big 12 / USFL, officiated the Big 12 Championship game, Citrus Bowl and Shrine Bowl last year
  • Sean Petty: Field Judge, SEC / XFL, Officiated the Fiesta Bowl and Shrine Bowl last year
  • Brian Sakowski: Down Judge, ACC / USFL, Officiated the National Championship Game last year
  • Frank Steratore: Field Judge, Big Ten/ USFL, Officiated the Gator Bowl and NFLPA Bowl last year
  • Tryee Walton: Back Judge, Big 12 / USFL, Officiated the Mountain West Championship game, Citrus Bowl and Shrine Bowl last year
And you may recognize two names there:
Frank Steratore is Gene and Tony Steratore's cousin
Brett Berman is Jeff Berman's son

A member of the Bergman family has been an NFL official every year dating back to 1966.
Jerry, his sons Jeff and Jerry Jr., and now Jeff's son Brett.

Every official has worked for either the XFL or USFL and have all gone through the NFL Mackie Development Program for at least one season. Frank Steratore has 7 seasons in the MDP and 4 seasons with a pro league (XFL, USFL, AAF). He leads all new officials in those numbers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#17]
WHY DO YOU LIBTARDS KEEP INSULTING ME???
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#18]
DirecTV, after losing Sunday Ticket, has now signed a multi-year deal to carry the NFL Network and NFL RedZone via DirecTV, DirecTV Stream and U-Verse.

This will be the Hanson version of RedZone, not the Siciliano one (that will likely be on YouTube with Sunday Ticket now?).
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Tom Pelissero, speaking with Rich Eisen, said that Dalvin Cook has "multiple offers" with around a half-dozen teams having expressed interest. Pelissero mentioned the Jets, Broncos, Patriots and Dolphins as possible landing spots.

Pelissero expects somebody to sign Cook to a "significant" contract. The four-time Pro Bowler was due to make $11 million in base salary in 2023 and count $14.1 million against the Vikings' cap.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Tom Pelissero, speaking with Rich Eisen, said that Dalvin Cook has "multiple offers" with around a half-dozen teams having expressed interest. Pelissero mentioned the Jets, Broncos, Patriots and Dolphins as possible landing spots.

Pelissero expects somebody to sign Cook to a "significant" contract. The four-time Pro Bowler was due to make $11 million in base salary in 2023 and count $14.1 million against the Vikings' cap.

View Quote

Not a fan of MN at all but good luck to him. One of the top performers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Via CBS Sports, the top 25 players who are 25 or younger.

Click To View Spoiler
4 QB
9 WR
3 DE/DT
3 CB
4 OL
2 RB
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
4 QB
9 WR
3 DE/DT
3 CB
4 OL
2 RB
View Quote

Kinda surprised to see DK on the list. Not because he isn't good enough, just because he's been in the league long enough that I'm surprised he is still under 25.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Kinda surprised to see DK on the list. Not because he isn't good enough, just because he's been in the league long enough that I'm surprised he is still under 25.
View Quote
Drafted at 21 after 3 seasons with Ole Miss.
He'll turn 26 during this season.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Steelers QB Kenny Pickett, after suffering two concussions last season, will switch to the new Vicis helmet specifically for quarterbacks, designed to lower the probability of concussions when having the back of the head strike the turf. It was the highest rated helmet during this off-season's helmet testing period.

"I showed up and it was in my locker. I told them, 'Yes, I will try it. Throw it in there.'"
"They said that was the best one for quarterbacks, so I said, 'Fine, give it to me.'"

This will be Pickett's third different helmet in the NFL. Used a Riddell SpeedFlex to start (same as college), then switched to the Riddell Axium, and now the Vicis Zero2 Matrix.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

shit
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

The game was much different in the 70's and prior. Receivers really became a bigger weapon mid 70's and on. The speed of the game is so much faster.
It's a shame Oscar Robertson didn't have a 3 point shot line during his time in the nba.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Okay. Let’s see these incredible statistics that somehow show Namath had every bit the arm Marino had. Embarrass us.

And I’m not sure how your claim that he never had an above average RB helps your case.
View Quote

Watching Joe Willie play was awesome. I wasn't a jets fan, but that guy was fun to watch.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Steelers QB Kenny Pickett, after suffering two concussions last season, will switch to the new Vicis helmet specifically for quarterbacks, designed to lower the probability of concussions when having the back of the head strike the turf. It was the highest rated helmet during this off-season's helmet testing period.

"I showed up and it was in my locker. I told them, 'Yes, I will try it. Throw it in there.'"
"They said that was the best one for quarterbacks, so I said, 'Fine, give it to me.'"

This will be Pickett's third different helmet in the NFL. Used a Riddell SpeedFlex to start (same as college), then switched to the Riddell Axium, and now the Vicis Zero2 Matrix.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fw67nVWXoAYKExR?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote
One or two more and his career is done.

Those two were close together.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Another report from Pelissero. Says that Josh Jacobs could hold out into the season (beyond camp) amid ongoing contract negotiations and his continued refusal to sign his franchise tag.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Another report from Pelissero. Says that Josh Jacobs could hold out into the season (beyond camp) amid ongoing contract negotiations and his continued refusal to sign his franchise tag.
View Quote
Hope he does not pull a Le'von Bell.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#35]
RIP Ryan Mallett. Drowning accident.

He was 35 years old. Damn.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wonder how many the Chiets have taken to dinner?

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
4 QB
9 WR
3 DE/DT
3 CB
4 OL
2 RB
View Quote

No Stetson Bennett — this list is trash.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I remember Troy Aikman getting to a point where he was throwing up on the sideline after just getting pushed.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fw67nVWXoAYKExR?format=jpg&name=small

He could always back up Tua.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#41]
The NFLPA has hired Lloyd Howell as the new Executive Director. He will replace DeMaurice Smith who has held the position since 2009.

There was some mystery to the move as reportedly the NFL players have been kept in the dark regarding the hiring process. There were some questions of whether the NFLPA Constitution even allowed the hire as the NFLPA did not provide a list of candidates or 30 days notice to the players.

Lloyd Howell was most recently the CFO at Booz Allen Hamilton. He was not mentioned previously as a candidate for the ED position and there has been no statement on what his priorities will be with the union.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Still limited to small timers. Waiting for a substantial player to get hit.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Via ESPN :

The Buffalo Bills training staff will be honored during the 2023 ESPYS for the life-saving measures performed when safety Damar Hamlin collapsed in January.

Every member of the Bills' training staff will be awarded the Pat Tillman Award for Service, which goes to a group or an individual with a strong connection to sports who has served others in a way that echoes the legacy of the former NFL player and U.S. Army Ranger.

The Arthur Ashe Award for Courage, which goes to a deserving person or group in the sporting world who makes a difference far beyond the field of play, will be awarded to the United States women's national soccer team for its ongoing pursuit of equal pay.

Chicago White Sox pitcher and cancer survivor Liam Hendriks will receive the Jimmy V Award for Perseverance, recognizing Hendricks' strength and resilience since his diagnosis with stage 4 non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Via ESPN :

The Buffalo Bills training staff will be honored during the 2023 ESPYS for the life-saving measures performed when safety Damar Hamlin collapsed in January.

Every member of the Bills' training staff will be awarded the Pat Tillman Award for Service, which goes to a group or an individual with a strong connection to sports who has served others in a way that echoes the legacy of the former NFL player and U.S. Army Ranger.

The Arthur Ashe Award for Courage, which goes to a deserving person or group in the sporting world who makes a difference far beyond the field of play, will be awarded to the United States women's national soccer team for its ongoing pursuit of equal pay.

Chicago White Sox pitcher and cancer survivor Liam Hendriks will receive the Jimmy V Award for Perseverance, recognizing Hendricks' strength and resilience since his diagnosis with stage 4 non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

View Quote

This is good
This is not good
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is good
This is not good
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Via ESPN :

This is good
This is not good

How that bit in blue even fits in here is beyond me.

but
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#47]
NFL.com's  2023 "Superstar Club"

Quarterback:
Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Jalen Hurts
Lamar Jackson
Patrick Mahomes
Aaron Rodgers

New Entry: Jalen Hurts
Removed from 2022: Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott

Running Back:
Nick Chubb
Derrick Henry
Christian McCaffrey
Jonathan Taylor

Removed from 2022: Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara

Wide Receiver:
Davante Adams
A.J. Brown
Ja'Marr Chase
Stefon Diggs
Tyreek Hill
Justin Jefferson
Cooper Kupp
CeeDee Lamb
DK Metcalf
Deebo Samuel

New Entry: CeeDee Lamb
Removed from 2022: DeAndre Hopkins

Tight End:
Travis Kelce

Removed from 2022: Darren Waller, George Kittle

Kicker:
Justin Tucker
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#49]

That's just silly
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#50]
So let's break this down...

The AFCCG will consist of two Wild Card teams while the NFCCG will be the 1/2 seed.
In the AFC the Dolphins are coming out over the Bills, but will still only be the 4th seed (worst divisional winner).
The Jaguars are going to have a better record than the Chiefs.
The Bills will finally defeat the Chiefs in Arrowhead Stadium and they will follow it up with defeating the #1 seed Bengals in Cincinnati before then defeating the Ravens in Baltimore?
Derek Carr is going to lead the Saints to the best record in the NFC in his first season with them.
The NFC East will have 3 teams in the playoffs.
The 49ers don't even know who their quarterback is going to be (Purdy/Lance/Darnold) but will be the 2 seed.

Are we sure Ryan isn't doing drugs again?
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top