Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 8/10/2017 8:54:16 AM EDT
Runoff election day update #1- Final RCP poll average had Moore +10. Trump had a rally for Strange in Huntsville on the Friday before the election.

Trump tweeted last night supporting Mitch McConnell's pick once again:
------------------------------

No candidate received over 50% in the Republican primary; run off between Moore and Strange to take place on 9/26.

Strange/Moore debate scheduled for 9/21 at 5:30 PM Central at the RSA Activity Center in Montgomery.

Current Polling (as of 9/18/17)
Attachment Attached File

Original Post
No fake news here. Trump endorsed Luther Strange, who is one of McConnell's yes men.

6/7/17 AL.com - McConnell groups backing Luther Strange to run $2.4M in ads starting next week
7/31/17 Politico - McConnell wages war down South

Strange was only appointed to fill Sessions' seat because the Love Gov was being investigated by Strange's office. Love Gov Bentley later resigned, you may remember.
11/3/16 Bentley impeachment process on hold for investigation by AG Strange
4/12/17 Bentley wanted to 'get rid' of Luther Strange, lawmaker says

Strange's main challengers are Rep. Mo Brooks (Freedom Caucus) and Roy Moore (a favorite among the evangelicals).

Praise KEK, MAGA, 3D Chess, You Don't Understand How Business Works, He's only been in the DC for 7 months, You seem concerned, etc...
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude really need to start acting like a president and stop with the tweet shit.

And yes I voted for him.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Alabama voters really don't have much to choose from in this Senate election.

No Mo
No Strange
No Moore
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And yes I voted for him.
View Quote
Sorry your gi- oops
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone McConnell backs is going to be loyal to McConnell and if recent history is a guide....they'll stall Trump's agenda

Sure glad we have a guy who is taking on the GOPe....

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And yes I voted for him.
View Quote
Really? I'm mad he isn't taking a blood baths while he tweets.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And yes I voted for him.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:08:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Roy Moore.

That guy is the herpes of Alabama politics...
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Challenger Mo Brooks is no friend of Trump.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And yes I voted for him.
View Quote
That's what the press keeps telling us.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I see someone has seen Mitch McConnell's Super PAC ads.

7/26/17 GOP Rep. Mo Brooks: Mitch McConnell has 'got to go'
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Even when Trump supporters give up, Trump is still right. Trump is always right, remember that when you don't understand.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Even when Trump supporters give up, Trump is still right. Trump is always right, remember that when you don't understand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I already covered that
Quoted:
You don't understand how business works
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Mitch McConnell has put about $10M in Luther Strange's senate race to date.

Politically speaking, Strange will be obligated to drop and fellate McConnell on demand.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
The odd thing is that Brooks was highly critical of some of Trump's behavior during the primary, but during the general election he wrote a $2,500 check to Trump's campaign.  Strange on the other hand contributed nothing at all and Trump's campaign manager in Alabama says that Brooks assisted in the campaign while Strange literally did nothing.  

I suppose that McConnell put in a good word for his boy to Trump.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm in Washington St. they won't run your states political ads here. But I remember Mo Brooks trashing Trump and appearently Trump remembers also

Fuck Mconnel and his superpac for using Trump to get their guy elected.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The odd thing is that Brooks was highly critical of some of Trump's behavior during the primary, but during the general election he wrote a $2,500 check to Trump's campaign.  Strange on the other hand contributed nothing at all and Trump's campaign manager in Alabama says that Brooks assisted in the campaign while Strange literally did nothing.  

View Quote
So you are a big Mo Brooks supporter?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
We don't need friends of Trump. We need friends of freedom, smaller government, less regulations, etc.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm in Washington St. they won't run your states political ads here. But I remember Mo Brooks trashing Trump and appearently Trump remembers also

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe Trump is just following thru on his promise to fight Freedom Caucus guys.

He'll even choose The Swamp over The Freedom Caucus. #MAGA
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is your issue with him?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snicker
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know Mo Brooks to some extent personally (he was my attorney for my business on a few occasions).  For a lawyer and now a politician I have found him to be unusually honest for the breed.

I also have some knowledge of Luther Strange, a bit more second hand but close sources, and I can tell you without a doubt that that man will say and do anything to be elected. He has no principles beyond a desire to sit in the senate till he dies.

The man is running ads about wanting to "drain the swamp", yet he's allied himself with the biggest swamp creature of them all, Mitch McConnell.  

You may be upset that he opposed your guy in the primary, but he did *exactly* what you guys said should be done and turned around and supported Trump in the general because Trump was clearly the best pick in that election.  He has a record of opposing RINOs for awhile now.  Strange *is* a RINO - you don't get $10M from McConnnell for being a real conservative.  That $10M will obligate Strange to support McConnell and the establishment Republicans till his last day in office.

So yes, I support Brooks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Alabama voters really don't have much to choose from in this Senate election.

No Mo
No Strange
No Moore
View Quote
Trip Pittman =  None of the Above

Saw a commercial for him today with his well scrubbed family outside a church. He still needs to stroll  thru a dove field with his shot gun and bird dog. A pre-requisite.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We don't need friends of Trump. We need friends of freedom, smaller government, less regulations, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

Problem is,we need 100 of them in the Senate and 435 in the House.

And that aint gonna happen......
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Here's another tidbit on swamp drainer Strange.

He *had* an opportunity to drain the swamp in state politics.  As State Attorney General, he was running an investigation of a clearly corrupt governor.  While running that investigation, he petitioned that same governor to appoint him to Session's open senate seat.  After the governor did appoint him, his investigation was quietly dropped.

Subsequently, our state legislature opened their own investigation of the governor, found damning evidence, and he was forced to resign in disgrace.

So don't talk to me about Luther Strange going to Washington to drain the swamp.  He's part of the swamp.  The guy was a K Street lobbyist for almost a decade before becoming AG.

The problem with these Senate races is that once these guys are elected, they are typically in office for life.  Alabama currently has one do nothing RINO Senator in Richard Shelby (who will be 89 if he makes it to the end of his current term).  With Sessions we had one reasonably decent Senator.  I just don't want to see another useless RINO in that office for the next couple of decades.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Here's another tidbit on swamp drainer Strange.

He *had* an opportunity to drain the swamp in state politics.  As State Attorney General, he was running an investigation of a clearly corrupt governor.  While running that investigation, he petitioned that same governor to appoint him to Session's open senate seat.  After the governor did appoint him, his investigation was quietly dropped.

Subsequently, our state legislature opened their own investigation of the governor, found damning evidence, and he was forced to resign in disgrace.

So don't talk to me about Luther Strange going to Washington to drain the swamp.  He's part of the swamp.  The guy was a K Street lobbyist for almost a decade before becoming AG.

The problem with these Senate races is that once these guys are elected, they are typically in office for life.  Alabama currently has one do nothing RINO Senator in Richard Shelby (who will be 89 if he makes it to the end of his current term).  With Sessions we had one reasonably decent Senator.  I just don't want to see another useless RINO in that office for the next couple of decades.
View Quote
When Bentley appointed Strange to fill the vacant Senate seat, Alabama basically said "your move Chicago" in terms of political corruption.

Huey Long even blushed in hell.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Smart ass!!

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I know Mo Brooks to some extent personally (he was my attorney for my business on a few occasions).  For a lawyer and now a politician I have found him to be unusually honest for the breed.

I also have some knowledge of Luther Strange, a bit more second hand but close sources, and I can tell you without a doubt that that man will say and do anything to be elected. He has no principles beyond a desire to sit in the senate till he dies.

The man is running ads about wanting to "drain the swamp", yet he's allied himself with the biggest swamp creature of them all, Mitch McConnell.  

You may be upset that he opposed your guy in the primary, but he did *exactly* what you guys said should be done and turned around and supported Trump in the general because Trump was clearly the best pick in that election.  He has a record of opposing RINOs for awhile now.  Strange *is* a RINO - you don't get $10M from McConnnell for being a real conservative.  That $10M will obligate Strange to support McConnell and the establishment Republicans till his last day in office.

View Quote
And Mo was a #nevertrump. Personally I don't care who wins your election but I can understand Trumps reluctance to support him.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And Mo was a #nevertrump. Personally I don't care who wins your election but I can understand Trumps reluctance to support him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump doesn't have to support anyone. Trump doesn't have to endorse McConnell's lap dog.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#32]
- Roy Moore is loon.
- Mo Brooks believes in Congressional Carry.  The rest of us little people can simply wait until the Congress gets around to passing a law to ensure our rights.
- As state AG, Luther Strange went after municipalities who tried to ban lawful concealed carry from buildings and property.  He stuck up for the 2A for everyone in the State.

We don't have a great set of options, but I'll be voting for Strange.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#33]
The only way the swamp gets drained is a meteor or canned sunshine.

Electing a couple newbies here and there does nothing.They will be assimilated.

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Trump doesn't have to support anyone. Trump doesn't have to endorse McConnell's lap dog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything has gotten SO FUCKING CRAZY!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the scorecard on issues that he has sided with the GOPe on opposed to those he has fought them on?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What is the scorecard on issues that he has sided with the GOPe on opposed to those he has fought them on?
View Quote
Do you have a cutoff date?

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#37]
@Bedouin2W

You just don't understand how real estate works
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Inter-dimensional chess.

A good chess player knows when to sacrifice pieces on the board to gain a tactical and calculated advantage.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@Bedouin2W

You just don't understand how swamp real estate works
View Quote
FIFY @gym007
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does he have a start date?

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And yes I voted for him.
View Quote
Would you be happier if he acted like Obama?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Draining the swamp lol
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The only way the swamp gets drained is a meteor or canned sunshine.

Electing a couple newbies here and there does nothing.They will be assimilated.

View Quote
Or just maybe their is not a swamp issue, it's always been there, and people only see what they want to see. At what point in your life was there not this so called swamp?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well said.  I have known the Brooks family for 30 years now and Mo is indeed a good and decent man with principles.  It's a damn shame that there are so many who can't pull their fingers out of their ears and stop screaming "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!" like petulant children long enough to understand WHY the man did what he did in regards to Congressional carry. The "all or nothing" crown are going to fuck around and get Strange elected and then we'll be stuck with yet another RINO lifer who'll tow the party line and do whatever his handlers tell him to do.  And that's sad, very sad.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yes I voted for him.
I would be happier with him if he acted more professional and knock it off with the tweets and public insults against other politicians. To me it shows characteristics of immaturity and weak leadership.

It's getting grade school level retarded.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I would be happier with him if he acted more professional and knock it off with the tweets and public insults against other politicians. To me it shows characteristics of immaturity and weak leadership.

It's getting grade school level retarded.
View Quote
Good thing nobody gives a fuck what you think
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Lol. Mo Brooks endorsed Trump's rival and bad-mouthed him over personal life crap that wasn't even policy related then wants his endorsement?  Fuckoff. 
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Like getting his agenda passed like Obama did?

Yeah, I wish Trump acted like Obama in that regard.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No fake news here. Trump endorsed Luther Strange, who is one of McConnell's yes men.

6/7/17 AL.com - McConnell groups backing Luther Strange to run $2.4M in ads starting next week
7/31/17 Politico - McConnell wages war down South

Strange was only appointed to fill Sessions' seat because the Love Gov was being investigated by Strange's office. Love Gov Bentley later resigned, you may remember.
11/3/16 Bentley impeachment process on hold for investigation by AG Strange
4/12/17 Bentley wanted to 'get rid' of Luther Strange, lawmaker says

Strange's main challengers are Rep. Mo Brooks (Freedom Caucus) and Roy Moore (a favorite among the evangelicals).

Praise KEK, MAGA, 3D Chess, You Don't Understand How Business Works, He's only been in the DC for 7 months, You seem concerned, etc...
View Quote

Is this an open Primary?

If so, that would be the only reason for endorsing the Strange so democrats vote against him. Just a guess that since Trump endorsed Strange, democrats will vote for the other guys.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top