BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Would you be happier if he acted like Obama?
View Quote
Right, because there's no other way to act other than the way President Trum or Obama acted....
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Or he is throwing a bone to McConnell so he will actually start doing some work
View Quote
Yeah, that'll work this time for sure!

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys find the dumbest shit to get butthurt over.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
To quote another member..
"You can't drain a swamp while simultaneously filling it..."
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Except he has endorsed a candidate that will be in the hip pocket of the man in the Senate most responsible for stalling the legislation needed to fulfill his campaign promises.

Mitch McConnell has no interest in building the wall, or repealing ObamaCare, or reforming/reducing taxes.  Surely you understand that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump is not making an ideological endorsement.  I think that he is calculating that more stuff will move through congress if the leadership has more drones and that is why he is supporting them.  
Except he has endorsed a candidate that will be in the hip pocket of the man in the Senate most responsible for stalling the legislation needed to fulfill his campaign promises.

Mitch McConnell has no interest in building the wall, or repealing ObamaCare, or reforming/reducing taxes.  Surely you understand that?
I certainly understand that 

But look back at the first repeal vote.  Trump didn't see McConnell as the obstacle and he probably doesn't now
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I certainly understand that 

But look back at the first repeal vote.  Trump didn't see McConnell as the obstacle and he probably doesn't now
View Quote
True enough, but if Trump doesn't understand that McConnell is the obstacle then he isn't the 3D chess master that many here believe him to be.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's going to be Moore and Strange in a runoff and I think Moore will get it.

It's going to be interesting if Moore becomes a US Senator.

OP you must have really hated your time in AL.
View Quote
The OP is a die-hard Conservative. When you look around our state that can't get a single fucking conservative thing passed with a GOP supermajority, how could you not be frustrated?

Maybe next year we'll get constitutional carry. Oh wait, GOP sheriffs will start parroting Mom's Demand Action to preserve their slush fund.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The OP is a die-hard Conservative. When you look around our state that can't get a single fucking conservative thing passed with a GOP supermajority, how could you not be frustrated?

Maybe next year we'll get constitutional carry. Oh wait, GOP sheriffs will start parroting Mom's Demand Action to preserve their slush fund.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Southern Republicans are Southern Dixicrats from 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even Mississippi has Constitutional carry now.

But hey, Auburn and Alabama will probably beat the shit out of Ole Miss and Mississippi State so that's all that really matters.

If one tenth of the concern put towards the starting QB competitions at AU and UA was used by people to care about their Constitutional rights then maybe Alabama would have a few politicians worth a damn.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But hey, Auburn and Alabama will probably beat the shit out of Ole Miss and Mississippi State so that's all that really matters.

If one tenth of the concern put towards the starting QB competitions at AU and UA was used by people to care about their Constitutional rights then maybe Alabama would have a few politicians worth a damn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same in Florida.... but FSU/UF/UM OMG FOOTBALL HARBGARBALALALAL!
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The only way the swamp gets drained is a meteor or canned sunshine.

Electing a couple newbies here and there does nothing.They will be assimilated.

View Quote
Not true at all.

Trump has a skunk works team whipping up some revolutionary high speed sump pumps right now that he's going to drop into the swamp sump right after the wall is finished.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:48:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Freedom Caucus does not represent the best interests of America.

Sorry, but the country isn't in 1780 anymore, it cannot be run as if it were.

Women can vote and get jobs now, and slavery has been abolished.
View Quote
Yeah, the Freedom Caucus is all about woman's suffrage and slavery. 
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:51:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ha ha ha....

people all upset about mcconnell supporting strange.

yet, when rand sucked up to (sucked off ?) and became the a boy toy of mcconnell, inorder to be able to get mcconnell to help him arrange for a kentucky caucus so he could run for both the presidency, and also run to keep his senate seat, where was the outrage?

so rand is also a rino? ohhhhhh.... rand is "your conservative" so it's okay....

right.

edit - strangely quiet about mcconnell's rino rand.
View Quote
I wasn't impressed with it, to be honest.

At least Rand doesn't have a history of political donations to Hillary Clinton. 
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:03:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There has always been varying degrees of the Swamp but I have never seen or heard of both sides of the Swamp wanting to DESTROY the duly elected president of the USA.

That tells me it has gotten too entrenched, diabolically selfish and MUST be destroyed.
View Quote
EXACTLY!

That's the exact reason why Republicans should nominate Mike Bloomberg for the Presidency in 2024!

Mike is a fellow billionaire from NYC that also has #NYValues and he's guaranteed to finish draining whatever swamp Trump can't get to over the next 7 years!
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:04:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Who would Hillary endorse?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:09:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are you finally beginning to understand why I have always said I would give a military coup a try at this point or eventually???
View Quote

In just over six months you've gone from: "A big city thinking New Yorker who is a former Democrat donor and his batshit crazy liberal family will Make America Great Again" to "we need to have a military coup."

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 4:26:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL it's gotta suck to be you guys, your old "go to" replies are getting stale, and worn out.  You can't create memes faster than Trump can start dumpster fires.

I liked you more when you constantly bitched about Israel "aka JEW CONSPIRACIES" and TEH WALL STREET.

KEK.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The expression on Bitch M's face is priceless 
View All Quotes
That IS a Hall of Fame picture!

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

There is a reason he is smiling.

He just pumped $8M into a Senate race for his hand-picked candidate, threatened any Republicans who campaign for any other candidate and now he has the president's endorsement. 

I wonder if McConnell is tired of all the winning yet
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry your gal lost.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

In just over six months you've gone from: "A big city thinking New Yorker who is a former Democrat donor and his batshit crazy liberal family will Make America Great Again" to "we need to have a military coup."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you finally beginning to understand why I have always said I would give a military coup a try at this point or eventually???

Canadians worried about US politics
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

True enough, but if Trump doesn't understand that McConnell is the obstacle then he isn't the 3D chess master that many here believe him to be.
View Quote
Who do you think is the bigger obstacle?  McConnell or the likes of McCain, Collins and MurCowski?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Who do you think is the bigger obstacle?  McConnell or the likes of McCain, Collins and MurCowski?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Seriously?

lol
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
EXACTLY!

That's the exact reason why Republicans should nominate Mike Bloomberg for the Presidency in 2024!

Mike is a fellow billionaire from NYC that also has #NYValues and he's guaranteed to finish draining whatever swamp Trump can't get to over the next 7 years!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There has always been varying degrees of the Swamp but I have never seen or heard of both sides of the Swamp wanting to DESTROY the duly elected president of the USA.

That tells me it has gotten too entrenched, diabolically selfish and MUST be destroyed.
EXACTLY!

Why not?

Many here supported Romney.

As long as Bloomberg says he's pro gun,the majority of Republicans would trip over each other to support him.........
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Why not?

As long as Bloomberg says he's pro gun,the majority of Republicans would trip over each other to support him.........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EXACTLY!

Why not?

I dont recall anyone supporting Romney during the nomination.  Who were they?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EXACTLY!

Why not?

Juniling or whatever his name is seems like the kind of guy who would have enthusiastically embraced Romney during the '12 primary.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Very true.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Trump doubling down on a liberal that's not very winning this morning.

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well said.  I have known the Brooks family for 30 years now and Mo is indeed a good and decent man with principles.  It's a damn shame that there are so many who can't pull their fingers out of their ears and stop screaming "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!" like petulant children long enough to understand WHY the man did what he did in regards to Congressional carry. The "all or nothing" crown are going to fuck around and get Strange elected and then we'll be stuck with yet another RINO lifer who'll tow the party line and do whatever his handlers tell him to do.  And that's sad, very sad.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know Mo Brooks to some extent personally (he was my attorney for my business on a few occasions).  For a lawyer and now a politician I have found him to be unusually honest for the breed.

I also have some knowledge of Luther Strange, a bit more second hand but close sources, and I can tell you without a doubt that that man will say and do anything to be elected. He has no principles beyond a desire to sit in the senate till he dies.

The man is running ads about wanting to "drain the swamp", yet he's allied himself with the biggest swamp creature of them all, Mitch McConnell.  

You may be upset that he opposed your guy in the primary, but he did *exactly* what you guys said should be done and turned around and supported Trump in the general because Trump was clearly the best pick in that election.  He has a record of opposing RINOs for awhile now.  Strange *is* a RINO - you don't get $10M from McConnnell for being a real conservative.  That $10M will obligate Strange to support McConnell and the establishment Republicans till his last day in office.

So yes, I support Brooks.
Well said.  I have known the Brooks family for 30 years now and Mo is indeed a good and decent man with principles.  It's a damn shame that there are so many who can't pull their fingers out of their ears and stop screaming "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!" like petulant children long enough to understand WHY the man did what he did in regards to Congressional carry. The "all or nothing" crown are going to fuck around and get Strange elected and then we'll be stuck with yet another RINO lifer who'll tow the party line and do whatever his handlers tell him to do.  And that's sad, very sad.  
Why did he do what he did?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He just pumped $8M into a Senate race for his hand-picked candidate, threatened any Republicans who campaign for any other candidate and now he has the president's endorsement. 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know........it IS FUCKING HILARIOUS.

That is one of my favorite pictures................I have tears in my eyes every fucking time I look at it...............

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/kveDrlk.jpg
View Quote
Drain Rearrange the swamp!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Either he does not pay attention to what that $&&@$ says, or he is taking the higher road-supporting a republican because he is a republican which is a big ass slap in the face to that shit spewing rhino.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/kveDrlk.jpg
View Quote
MAGA
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dude really need to start acting like a president and stop with the tweet shit.

And yes I voted for him.
View Quote
This. He sounds like a teenaged girl.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#36]
President Trump robocalls for Swamp Thang Strange

http://wkrg.com/2017/08/15/president-trump-records-robocall-for-strange/
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#37]
How Roy Moore showed up to vote today

Former Alabama Chief Justice and U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore, rides in on a horse named "Sassy" to vote a the Gallant Volunteer Fire Department, during the Alabama Senate race, Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017, in Gallant, Ala.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Mo Brooks got my vote today.

Plain and simple, the guy isn't a puppet.  

A little story:

After the historic April 27, 2011 tornado outbreak, I was working with my 4wd club, Rocket City Rock Crawlers, in the Huntsville, AL area helping remove debris from properties effected by the devastating storms.  We pulled trees off of houses, driveways, yards, etc to give the homeowners access to what remained of their belongings.  While working in Anderson Hills subdivision, I had just pulled a tree up to the road with my Jeep and got out to unhook the chain and a gentleman wearing plain work clothes, a hat, sunglasses, and gloves approached and said, "I got it."  He proceeded to unhook the chain for me and then pull it lose from the tree as I turned around.  He handed it back to me and then assisted in piling it up as I cut limbs from the tree with my chainsaw.  We worked for a good hour as other club members came up with more trees and we all cut and piled together.  It was a good 10 - 15 minutes before I realized it was Mo Brooks.  His hat and sunglasses had hidden his identity a bit and his voice was what finally gave it away once I'd recognized it.  No security detail, nobody with him.  Just him, working.  Very down-to-earth guy.  We talked some small talk, it included some light politics, Scouting, family things, etc.  I've been to a few town hall style meetings that he's hosted since but it was that day in Anderson Hills that Congressman Brooks made a lasting impression on me.  His record of standing his ground on conservative principles is how he earned my vote, yet again, today.  Best of luck to you, sir.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#40]
How did the past 6 special elections go for the Dems thus far? Mo, Strange, I don't care so long as when its over Dems keep loosing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How did the past 6 special elections go for the Dems thus far? Mo, Strange, I don't care so long as when its over Dems keep loosing.
View Quote
This primary and the likely run off are the de facto election.

The Republican nominee will win by 20 points. In the last AL Senate race, Shelby (R) won 64%-36%
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How Roy Moore showed up to vote today

http://image.al.com/home/bama-media/width960/img/alphotos/photo/2017/08/15/roy-moore-d10a93c39420b791.jpg

Former Alabama Chief Justice and U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore, rides in on a horse named "Sassy" to vote a the Gallant Volunteer Fire Department, during the Alabama Senate race, Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017, in Gallant, Ala.
View Quote
That's my poling place.  I've known him him and his family most of my life.  I have nothing bad to say about him but I really hope he doesn't win.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Voted and Voted for Mo Brooks, turn out looks low.

ANYONE BUT STRANGE
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Voted and Voted for Mo Brooks, turn out looks low.

ANYONE BUT STRANGE
View Quote
Same here.  Only one there when I went.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Drain Rearrange the swamp!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Mo Brooks got my vote today.

Plain and simple, the guy isn't a puppet.  

A little story:

After the historic April 27, 2011 tornado outbreak, I was working with my 4wd club, Rocket City Rock Crawlers, in the Huntsville, AL area helping remove debris from properties effected by the devastating storms.  We pulled trees off of houses, driveways, yards, etc to give the homeowners access to what remained of their belongings.  While working in Anderson Hills subdivision, I had just pulled a tree up to the road with my Jeep and got out to unhook the chain and a gentleman wearing plain work clothes, a hat, sunglasses, and gloves approached and said, "I got it."  He proceeded to unhook the chain for me and then pull it lose from the tree as I turned around.  He handed it back to me and then assisted in piling it up as I cut limbs from the tree with my chainsaw.  We worked for a good hour as other club members came up with more trees and we all cut and piled together.  It was a good 10 - 15 minutes before I realized it was Mo Brooks.  His hat and sunglasses had hidden his identity a bit and his voice was what finally gave it away once I'd recognized it.  No security detail, nobody with him.  Just him, working.  Very down-to-earth guy.  We talked some small talk, it included some light politics, Scouting, family things, etc.  I've been to a few town hall style meetings that he's hosted since but it was that day in Anderson Hills that Congressman Brooks made a lasting impression on me.  His record of standing his ground on conservative principles is how he earned my vote, yet again, today.  Best of luck to you, sir.
View Quote
Yeah but Strange is on #TeamMcConnell that's going to 100% #MAGA. 

ETA:  Great story, by the way.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's NOT how the Liberals planned this thing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
roy moore as senator will drive every alabama liberal i know even crazier, as if that was possible
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm greatly disappointed that Trump endorsed Strange.  It's more of the same puppet rhino Republican bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
roy moore as senator will drive every alabama liberal i know even crazier, as if that was possible
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Will not vote for Strange under any circumstances, Trump/NRA endorsement be damned.

I'll vote Moore just to trigger the Commies.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top