User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ha haha,, good point!

Well, a couple times  a year I do go to Louisiana to help my uncle with his sugar cane crops and try to help build\repair something around the house. Then we go catch specs.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
ha haha,, good point!

Well, a couple times  a year I do go to Louisiana to help my uncle with his sugar cane crops and try to help build\repair something around the house. Then we go catch specs.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Negative. There are definitely a great number of hipster doofuss' that would surely be z food but lots of hard working folks who hate liberals and own guns. *We did have the highest number of registered firearms a few years back.

Quoted:
Can one of our Arf members from CA answer a serious question for me:

Are all dudes from California as fucking neutered pussified gimps as Travis IRL? Or is that just acting?

How do we know that you just don't know what real men are like anymore? Still could be very soft.

You just mentioned going to Louisiana and didn't mention eating their delicious food, now I really question you
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Scuttlebutt is saying Fear held again with a mid 3 in the ratings, so I suppose this is the new normal for the show. I wonder if it will get a bump for the "two hour season finale" (two episodes shown together to get it off the air faster, which is a trick AMC is using with two other under-performing shows on its schedule right now).
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]

ATTENTION:  JsARCLIGHT  

Would enjoy your opinion on aftermath .  it is completely possible that your  brain   would explode .
during the viewing.

Let us know if you think you have the stomach for it.

I actually believe   Fear The Walking Dead  is a better show if that is possible.

Is it possible for another   end of the world show.   To have the less  action and   horribly  boring characters

In comparison  Z  nation would get multiple Emmys

They went as far as to have non-identical twins.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Aftermath is on concurrently with another show I'm watching (Halt and Catch Fire), and I am terrible about watching stuff I DVR.

And to be honest I'm "apocalypse-d out" right now. If I had to watch another end of the world as we know it TV show I'd shoot myself. The trope is extra played out with me, and my own frustration with Fear is partially due to that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Couldn't bring myself to watch this season.  It wasn't even a conscious choice.  I just have no interest.  It has no redeeming qualities at all.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]
stfm

I just started watching aftermath. Not sure if or or describes it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate the main blonde worse than Andrea

Her character drives me up the wall with stupidity and know it all attitude. I want her ripped apart
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
All of the characters are infinitely hate-able, and that is the show's achilles heel.

So with two days to go until the season finale, let's hear some predictions on how they are going to wrap this turd of season.

My prediction for the following characters is thus:

The Cartel attacks Doctor Nibble's Jonestown and in typical walking dead fashion it is a draw, the camp is destroyed and most of the people on both sides are killed. You know the fenced in zombies are going to be released, they are a total Chekhov's gun. I imagine the good Doctor Nibbles will get bit again, revealed to be a faker, and will be dispatched by Johnny Dope or Dope Chicka. There will be some sort of contrived plot reveal, possibly from a dying NotOphelia's brother, that the Benetton family is looking for JD and they are at the hotel. So JD and DC will load up the surviving Jonestown people in an Ewok caravan of courage and make for the hotel.

They will probably insert a bunch of shots of Ophelia driving around in the truck looking for her conveniently contrived boyfriend / fiancee as a go-nowhere parallel story just to keep her character on the chess board. Like moving a knight back and forth for no other reason than to just to keep the piece moving and chew scenery.

At the hotel the new group of gate crashers will be let into the parking garage and Travis will find the bros. They will tell him a story about how they had a falling out with Chris because he was too bro for even the bros (or Chris missed the emasculating presence of Travis) and Chris stole the truck and ditched them. Travis will want to kick them out which will result in some sort of argument that makes him persona non grata at the hotel. This tussle will attract the zombies (finally) and they will besiege the gate. Some contrived shit will happen and the zombies will get in, the parking garage people will get turned and the whole place will be a shit show. During this shit show, revenges will happen... the Bros will try to kill Travis, CrazyMom will try to off Soulcrusher again, causing him to kill her, causing her family to turn on him, causing the Benettons to turn on them, resulting in a huge kerfuffle in the midst of the zombie housewarming party which causes the hotel to fall. The Benettons, suffering zero casualties (as usual) escape into the countryside in the hotel van where they run into Johnny Dope and the Jonestown hiking club. The episode ends with their reunion and they all agree to go back to the USA.

Final shot of the episode will be the combined Benetton / Jonestown armada arriving at the US border only to see some sort of comical Trump wall or something that gives the viewer the impression the border crossing in season 3 will be difficult. And at Trump wall fort kickass Travis will see the bro's truck through binoculars... and will see Chris being roughed up / captured by the evil renegade border patrol.

Season three will be blanco la migra, and if the show follows my outline anywhere close to what I wrote I will probably not be watching.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
In comparison to TWD, FTWD has a very distinct advantage in exactly one area:

They have actually changed their locations and sets quite a bit... they haven't just spent the last 6 seasons wandering around the same little patch of Georgia woods and abandoned railyard.

If I had a dollar for every time a zombie popped out from behind a pine tree in TWD, I could go buy a hooker and some blow, and get away from you fuckers!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]
(Halt and Catch Fire)I love that show .really  enjoyable. that is all
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Stop watching three episodes ago---Hardwick is a liberal douche--and stopped watching TWD last year....
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just saw that they will debut the first trailer for DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES during tonight's episode, FWIW.

View Quote

Is that Pirates of the Caribbean 14, or whatever number they are up to now? I can't say I've watched any of them past the first one.

I usually like Johnny Depp but I found his Pirate character to be nerve grating.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Got it set up to dvr in case I find something better to do.

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I still can't believe HBO turned down TWD and later that they didn't try to get WWZ as a show....

The idea of a WWZ Series on Cable without the Brad Pitt shit would have put TWD to shame.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#16]
At the pace ftwd  moves they may be able to complete the entire plague syndrome

and start a show on rebuilding society back in the USA

And yes  there will be a whole lot of invading ,  and jealousies all wound up into two hours

And the barber will reappear to save his daughter in the last seconds

After he executes his daughter's fiancé
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

#5.  And my family has enjoyed them all for what they are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just saw that they will debut the first trailer for DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES during tonight's episode, FWIW.

Is that Pirates of the Caribbean 14, or whatever number they are up to now? I can't say I've watched any of them past the first one.

I usually like Johnny Depp but I found his Pirate character to be nerve grating.

#5.  And my family has enjoyed them all for what they are.

A lot more than just your family loves them because they just keep making more.

And from what I remember from the first one they are the quintessential Disney film... inoffensive, clean action, mild humor and family friendly horror elements. The first one was a perfect capturing of the nature of the ride. I just couldn't take Depp's drunken mugging. He used to be such an interesting, quirky actor but I get a real Steve Martin "I'm only doing this so I can buy my seventh mansion" vibe from his performances lately. Then again I like dark Fear and Loathing and Ninth Gate Johnny Depp and not family friendly Lone Ranger Johnny Depp. The last Johnny Depp movie I liked was Dark Shadows, and that was mostly because I liked the original Dark Shadows.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Predictions are tough with this one.

The obvious: the Colonia will be overrun by the vatos from vato-costco. The young brother said "we won't be here much longer" and they were sweating the location out of the young family. Also they were glassing the place when J Dope went up to have a look-see. The pen full of walkers will get loose inside the walls. There will be running, and screaming. J Dope will survive but will at least get separated from his girlfriend. 40% chance he watches her die. 25% chance he has to pike her after she turns. The vatos will do something insanely dumb and lose most of their manpower.

The refugees in the hotel parking garage will turn. That's a shit show waiting to happen. Soulcrusher was looking pretty peaked, they described his condition as hypovolemic shock but he'll probably bounce back by the end of the episode. Or die some tragic hero's death. I predict he is kept around in a sort of power/love triangle with Maddy and Trav.  

Put red shirts on the wedding party and the hotelerinos. A good portion of them are beaming down to the planet's surface. It's a season finale so we should expect some main cast member to go. They really haven't built anyone up for a tragic end a la Beth, but they do have two episodes to burn.

Ophelia will get into some kind of peril. Last we saw her she was headed north out on the highway. It's going to take a pretty good stretch to get them all reunited.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm going to guess a guy named Negan shows up needing help. They reject his entrance and he continues north with nothing but a baseball bat and glove because he loves to play baseball when he's not building fence out of barbed wire.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#21]
So, it is Kirkman, Lexa and one mystery guest on Talking Dead tonight... which means at least one person bites it, possibly two.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I predict it'll be interesting enough to keep us watching next week, not giving a shit about the characters, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Watching the rerun of last week and it suddenly came to me while Travis was rifling the drawers for shit to sew up WIA Bro's leg...just exactly why are they sleeping in the barn when the house has beds and pillows and an apparently clean bath tub???
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Too hard to film the wide group shots inside the house?

Edit: Most of the scenes with Travis and the bros are either multi character or are "action-y" with a lot of movement. Trying to film that inside a small house would be difficult. One and two shots, yes... doable... but there were five characters in play with different blocking conditions. That house would have needed a big, open living room area to accommodate filming.

Think of it like this... on the boat, whenever they would have group shots it would always be in one of the large areas so the cameras had room to shoot and so they could see all the characters. When they went somewhere tight like below decks, it was always two shots as that is all the close conditions would allow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Watching the rerun of last week and it suddenly came to me while Travis was rifling the drawers for shit to sew up WIA Bro's leg...just exactly why are they sleeping in the barn when the house has beds and pillows and an apparently clean bath tub???
View Quote

I asked about that a couple pages back. Not to mention getting wounded bro out of laying in chicken shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Too hard to film the wide group shots inside the house?
View Quote

That would be my guess

ETA we did kick it around a bit. No good reason from a story perspective. My experience with bros tells me they wouldve neen living large in there, trashing the place
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I asked about that a couple pages back. Not to mention getting wounded bro out of laying in chicken shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, yeah, makes sense for the multi-character shots.  Still makes them look like tards, though!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#28]
The Brohirim have arrived!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Seeing the gate people again makes me think South Park...

... change?...

... chaaaaaaaaange?...
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Here we go!

2 hours of drama!

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Come on, Fear... unscrew this lightbulb.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#32]
The wall is on FTWD
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#33]
What do you want to bet that check engine light had been on for the last fifty miles?
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm here to complain
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The wall is on FTWD
View Quote

Trumps Wall!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Meheecan zombies out of nowhere!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#37]
The famous stealth walkers
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#38]
The stealth zombies.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Its HAMMERTIME
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, there is where all the zombies have been for the last two episodes...
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So, it is Kirkman, Lexa and one mystery guest on Talking Dead tonight... which means at least one person bites it, possibly two.
View Quote

I guess Chris - his character is dead weight - nowhere left for him to go & he's a distraction for Travis.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What do you want to bet that check engine light had been on for the last fifty miles?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Is this the 2 hr finale?
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is this the 2 hr finale?
View Quote

Si, senor.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Is this the 2 hr finale?
View Quote

Sort of, last two episodes aired back to back.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Is this the 2 hr finale?
View Quote

Yeah, so I recommend drinking heavily.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Johnny Dope didn't leave room for Haysoose!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Stealing the meds
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#49]
New Dope Skill Unlocked: Master Lockpick!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Im missing something. Who is Jose, and wtf are they up to?
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top