Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 101
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't there a game in Cleveland last decade when bottles started flying?

Wouldn't surprise me here.

This crowd is outstanding

"Bottlegate", as it's known around here. A proud moment in Cleveland history.

Also, to this day, fans are still technically prohibited from bring dog bones into Browns Stadium.

That was a pretty fucked up call though.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:15:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, to this day, fans are still technically prohibited from bring dog bones into Browns Stadium.

Beyond fucked up.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Beyond fucked up.

I still don't think Bottlegate beats Jets fans setting our stadium on fire after  security took away a giant  inflatable pumpkin though.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:23:50 AM EDT
[#4]
SF, New Orleans, Dteroit, Pittdburgh, Philly and Indy.....ALL major upsets

Week 3 in case someone asks
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Just this once, I'm going to go ahead and say Baltimore fans are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wU48z9teJ7A

Won't embed for some reason...
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That was LOUD.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:14:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Took a couple Panoramas at the Miami / Jets game yesterday. Figured this would be as good as a place as any to post them.

Inside the Club level Food Court/ Lounge area...

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:17:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, I'm not seeing what Reed did wrong?  Branch was going low, Reed caught the top of his helmet with his shoulder.

I disagree with that one.

I agree, we have pretty much gotten to the point where great hits are penalties.

I understand some protection of the head, but until the players take it seriously, and start wearing the better helmets that they dont like because they dont look cool, I have a hard time taking it seriously either.

I agree that helmet to helmet hits are bad. Look at what happened to Darrius Heyward-Bey against the Steelers. They took him right out of the game, and maybe next week's game. But the good plays against receivers in the backfield that have always been the hallmark of a good safety, without using their helmet, are being called as penalties. They're essentially removing the safety from the game for anything but pass protection.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm thinking my 3-13 prediction for the browns was too optimistic. I'm now going with 1-15.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Holy crap, my Cardinals are on fire!

If nothing else, I'm pretty sure our defense is legit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:23:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, to this day, fans are still technically prohibited from bringing dog bones into Browns Stadium.

That was against the Jags. The refs ended the game early because of the bottle fiasco, but the Commish called the head ref and told him they had to finish the game.
Truly bizarre incident.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I was at the game - I don't have a voice at the moment. The first half has to have been the greatest in Cardinals history!

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus,the Cards are putting the stamp on the Eagles...at least at this point.

I get chills watching our defense play.

Rhodes LIT HIM UP TWICE!!!!  My eyes are watering from the joy.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Beyond fucked up.

I still don't think Bottlegate beats Jets fans setting our stadium on fire after  security took away a giant  inflatable pumpkin though.  

Cleveland has a long tradition of things getting out of hand at games. The worst was probalbyt the Indians 10 cent beer night in 1974.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Cent_Beer_Night

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Like I said earlier, that was loud.

The stadium was shaking, I sit in the lower level, and for me to feel the stadium shaking is saying something. The only other time I felt the stadium shake was last home game when some Orioles players were shown in a suite. It was awesome. The O's players were taken off guard, and they we very humble.

Back to the "bullshit" chant. I was surprised they kept playing the music. In the past Bruce Cunningham, the stadiums PA announcer, has been asked by the NFL to stop doing certain things. The visiting team is no longer introduced. They used to introduce each player individually and the fans would chant "sucks!" after each player. The NFL also made them stop announcing a 3rd down in the way they did in the past.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The visiting team is no longer introduced. They used to introduce each player individually and the fans would chant "sucks!" after each player. The NFL also made them stop announcing a 3rd down in the way they did in the past.

That is completely classless...but totally awesome all at the same time.... figures Ratbird fans would come up with something awesome but classess...
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The visiting team is no longer introduced. They used to introduce each player individually and the fans would chant "sucks!" after each player. The NFL also made them stop announcing a 3rd down in the way they did in the past.

That is completely classless...but totally awesome all at the same time.... figures Ratbird fans would come up with something awesome but classess...

Yeah I miss it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#18]
read a tidbit on replacement refs today...games are averaging 3:16 min, which is 10 minutes longer than the average through wk 3 from the past four years.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#19]
You know, I kinda like the new refs, and the NFL aught to just implement the ability for the refs to call up to the booth officials any time they are confused. If it takes a bit longer––so what? As long as the calls are right, I don't mind.

Some of you folks are acting as though the refs didn't have similar screw-ups in the past.*** I think they are doing a pretty good job overall considering the fact that they are new. Give them some extra time to get the right call, and give them a few more games, and I think these refs will be better than the old refs.

***I still have a dent in my shin from my coffee table because of this BS call. This literally cost us a playoff appearance.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I miss it.

They used to announce at the hockey games when a player was returning to the ice from the penalty box, and we would yell, and they still suck.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
The Refs announcers are ruining this game.  

NBC clearly has sided with the refs in the negotiations and is using their power as a broadcaster pound their position into the ground.  Try watching it muted like I am - it's a good, hard game and the refs are doing fine.  

Don't let Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth tell you what to think.  

They penalized Harbaugh for trying to call a timeout.

They were just making up for the incompetent crew that gave his brother an extra one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Monday night football...Seahawks - Packers. I dont expect the hawks to win, but we will keep it close.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Monday night football...Seahawks - Packers. I dont expect the hawks to win, but we will keep it close.

Go Seahawks.

My fantasy opponent has Finley and Benson, I'm up by 19 at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Heya Madmardigan, how about starting an official Monday Night Football thread ?
I like your threads and just offering this up.

Cheers Buddy.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Go Seahawks
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Seahawk fans are some of the best in the league. It's a shame they have to watch a mediocre team every week.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Seahawk fans are some of the best in the league. It's a shame they have to watch a mediocre team every week.

Must be a Pats fan.....LOL

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck no.

Ravens.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck no.

Ravens.

Must suck to have your team beaten by the mediocre Seahawks...
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Roger's sacked 4 times already.

Mediocre Seattle defence is mediocre.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Roger's sacked 4 times already.

Mediocre Seattle defence is mediocre.

Our D is elite... I am still a bit butthurt for Matt Flynn, but Wilson is looking serviceable...
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#32]
5 sacks...
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
5 sacks...

7 now I think.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
5 sacks...

*cough*

SEVEN
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 sacks...

7 now I think.

why didn't have I the balls to play seattle instead of detroit in fantasy?
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Seattle's defense is fast.

Or maybe I'm  having flashbacks of watching Bart Scott and Calvin Pace  trying to cover anything that runs faster than a snail.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#37]
EIGHT.

LOL
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#39]
this is partially Rodgers' fault...he needs to throw the freaking ball or continue eating grass.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
EIGHT.

LOL

Thanks bro... I was losing count.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
this is partially Rodgers' fault...he needs to throw the freaking ball or continue eating grass.

Some of them...sure. Remember, we have on of the best––if not the best––secondary units in the NFL.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And let the interceptions begin !
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I place blame on Rodgers, but also on the OC. Call some runs.

Seriously lopsided play calling.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I think we're heading in the right direction...again...

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry Seattle, 12th man has to stay OFF the field...

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I place blame on Rodgers, but also on the OC. Call some runs.

Seriously lopsided play calling.

Don't blame anyone. Your team is fine––Seattle's D is for real.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#47]
This game is pretty boring, but shaping up to be a good finish.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Damnit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Where did all the seachicken fans go?

Their secondary has the class of a group of urban thugs.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#50]
%&$&!*! REFS EFFED UP THE SPOT OF THE BALL. THAT TD PLAY WAS AT LEAST A FIRST DOWN.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top