BCM
User Panel

Page / 101
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats ravens fans!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Ray, Reed, & Suggs deserve this one. Flacco just got paid.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Ray Lewis, you just won the Superbowl, what are you going to do?

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Eat it
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the NFC west "close but no cigar club" 49ers.Sucks don't it?
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]
That's that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ray Lewis, you just won the Superbowl, what are you going to do?

http://year9forensics.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/bloody_knife.jpg

Aww, he cut the heart out of san francrisco!

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ray Lewis just ran to midfield, took a knee and ascended into heaven stabbed half of the 49ers!

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#10]
It's been a fun year to be a fan,see you guys next season.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad to see Ed Reed get a ring, and Randy Moss go home without one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LOL.... I had HOPED that the 49ers would have an outcome they could blame on the reffs.... Looks like it happened.
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.... I had HOPED that the 49ers would have an outcome they could blame on the reffs.... Looks like it happened.

They really have no cause for complaint considering they were back in the game because of a power outage.

Link Posted: 2/4/2013 5:00:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They really have no cause for complaint considering they were back in the game because of a power outage.

I really don't understand this logic, but I've seen several Baltimore fans make the same statement since last night. I guess it's just Ravens fans who are mad that their team almost blew a significant lead and they want to blame it on something other than the team?

Maybe I missed something, but the game I saw had the 49ers sitting on the sideline during the outage too. They didn't get to keep playing and score points while the Ravens sat in the dark. Both teams had the same delay, and they had the same opportunity to regroup and get their heads back into the game. The outage did not make the Ravens play shitty football for most of the 2nd half.

With that same logic, then taking a break at 1/2 time was probably unfair too, right? Since the Ravens had all the momentum in the first 1/2, that 30 minute break sure wasn't fair to them, was it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Once again crappy officiating ruins the super bowl.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I've given Flacco a lot of crap, but he played like an elite QB last night. He just vastly improved his market value.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:46:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 2/4/2013 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/4/2013 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really don't understand this logic, but I've seen several Baltimore fans make the same statement since last night. I guess it's just Ravens fans who are mad that their team almost blew a significant lead and they want to blame it on something other than the team?

Maybe I missed something, but the game I saw had the 49ers sitting on the sideline during the outage too. They didn't get to keep playing and score points while the Ravens sat in the dark. Both teams had the same delay, and they had the same opportunity to regroup and get their heads back into the game. The outage did not make the Ravens play shitty football for most of the 2nd half.

With that same logic, then taking a break at 1/2 time was probably unfair too, right? Since the Ravens had all the momentum in the first 1/2, that 30 minute break sure wasn't fair to them, was it?

Have you ever played sports? You get into a groove, gain momentum physically and emotionally. We were about to run away with the game.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Have you ever played sports? You get into a groove, gain momentum physically and emotionally. We were about to run away with the game.

I didn't know you were on the field.... What's your jersey number?

I understand momentum from a sports perspective. But the same delay happened to both teams. You can't blame a game delay on your team playing shitty when they resume play. Both teams had the same chance to collect themselves and prepare for the remainder of the game. What were the Ravens doing for 35 minutes that made them play so poorly? Why didn't they recompose themselves as well as the 49ers, and come back to play at 100%? If the 49ers had went back out there and had 5 turnovers in the 2nd half, would you blame the blackout for making them play even worse than before?

Do you feel that you were also cheated due to the half time break, which also stopped the momentum the Ravens had going? Is it unfair that the 49ers had 3 time outs to call? After all, doesn't that break the momentum?
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know you were on the field.... What's your jersey number?

I understand momentum from a sports perspective. But the same delay happened to both teams. You can't blame a game delay on your team playing shitty when they resume play. Both teams had the same chance to collect themselves and prepare for the remainder of the game. What were the Ravens doing for 35 minutes that made them play so poorly? Why didn't they recompose themselves as well as the 49ers, and come back to play at 100%? If the 49ers had went back out there and had 5 turnovers in the 2nd half, would you blame the blackout for making them play even worse than before?

Do you feel that you were also cheated due to the half time break, which also stopped the momentum the Ravens had going? Is it unfair that the 49ers had 3 time outs to call? After all, doesn't that break the momentum?

The delay happened to their team, who was stumbling over themselves, and they were a nervous wreck. The time allowed them to calm their nerves.

They couldn't have been playing worse then before the outage.

After halftime the Ravens started the 2nd half with a kickoff return for a touchdown. That picked up our groove again and got them back into the swing of things.

And thats what timeouts are for sometimes. Have you ever seen a no huddle offense stopped because of a time out from the defense?

In the end, the better team won anyways.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The delay happened to their team, who was stumbling over themselves, and they were a nervous wreck. The time allowed them to calm their nerves.
After halftime the Ravens started the 2nd half with a kickoff return for a touchdown. That picked up our groove again and got them back into the swing of things.
And thats what timeouts are for sometimes. Have you ever seen a no huddle offense stopped because of a time out from the defense?

No, the delay happened to both teams at the same time. You're missing the point entirely, and you're just making excuses for Baltimore. The Ravens played like shit for most of the 2nd half. That's not the fault of a power outage. That's the fault of the players who thought they had the game won and let their guard down.

Why didn't they play better in the 2nd half? They weren't the only team stuck on the sidelines. It would be different if the Ravens were sent to the locker room while the 49ers were allowed to practice, run drills and warm up on the field for 35 minutes. But that wasn't the case. Each team experienced the exact same delay and the 49ers handled the situation better. The Ravens are lucky they were able to squeak that game out, and it's their own fault it got close at the end. You can blame "momentum" all you want, but the power outage didn't make the Ravens play poorly.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the delay happened to both teams at the same time. You're missing the point entirely, and you're just making excuses for Baltimore. The Ravens played like shit for most of the 2nd half. That's not the fault of a power outage. That's the fault of the players who thought they had the game won and let their guard down.

Why didn't they play better in the 2nd half? They weren't the only team stuck on the sidelines. It would be different if the Ravens were sent to the locker room while the 49ers were allowed to practice, run drills and warm up on the field for 35 minutes. But that wasn't the case. Each team experienced the exact same delay and the 49ers handled the situation better. The Ravens are lucky they were able to squeak that game out, and it's their own fault it got close at the end. You can blame "momentum" all you want, but the power outage didn't make the Ravens play poorly.

Seriously? How can I better make you understand this.

2 boxers are fighting in the ring. Both are good, but one boxer has managed to get several good hits in on the opponent and knocked the wind out of him. All of a sudden there is a break. While it doesn't effect the winning boxer, it allows the other boxer to catch his breath.

That is what happened. It did effect the game.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think the ravens sucked as much as the niners D stepped up.  Had they won, they would have been MVP (for real, not the "oh an excuse to give it to Humperdink").  D was awesome.

And while you mention it, the team should bitch about the abnormally long Halftimes to facilitate the circus going on for the tv audience.  It's out of hand and only going to get worse.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

2 boxers are fighting in the ring. Both are good, but one boxer has managed to get several good hits in on the opponent and knocked the wind out of him. All of a sudden there is a break. While it doesn't effect the winning boxer, it allows the other boxer to catch his breath.

Boxing is not the same as football. Football is several distinct plays starting and stopping over time. Your analogy would make sense if they stopped the game in the middle of the kickoff return and stole the TD away from the Ravens. But they didn't. The game was at a natural stopping point and the delay just extended that beyond the 40 seconds or so, they normally would have between plays. Both teams had a chance to "catch their breaths" and it occurred at a neutral time in the game (between plays). That doesn't penalize one team over the other. The idea that the Ravens needed to keep their "momentum" going is just an excuse to justify why they were unable to stop the 49ers from coming back.

Again, with your own logic, 1/2 time was unfair to the Ravens and only benefited the 49ers. Why didn't they just keep the game going so the Ravens could keep their "momentum"? Blaming the power outage for being the reason the Ravens nearly lost is just silly.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boxing is not the same as football. Football is several distinct plays starting and stopping over time. Your analogy would make sense if they stopped the game in the middle of the kickoff return and stole the TD away from the Ravens. But they didn't. The game was at a natural stopping point and the delay just extended that beyond the 40 seconds or so, they normally would have between plays. Both teams had a chance to "catch their breaths" and it occurred at a neutral time in the game (between plays). That doesn't penalize one team over the other. The idea that the Ravens needed to keep their "momentum" going is just an excuse to justify why they were unable to stop the 49ers from coming back.

Again, with your own logic, 1/2 time was unfair to the Ravens and only benefited the 49ers. Why didn't they just keep the game going so the Ravens could keep their "momentum"? Blaming the power outage for being the reason the Ravens nearly lost is just silly.

To have a 3rd and 13 with 40 seconds to make a decision and play is very different than a 3rd and 13 with a 38 minute break.

The stopping point was not natural.

1/2 time was expected, and we played and planned around it, so it was fair.

Even the commentators on the field and in the booth said that it was going to benefit the 49ers.

Its obvious you can't understand the basics, so my points are falling upon your deaf ears.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Its obvious you can't understand the basics, so my points are falling upon your deaf ears.

I understand the basics just fine. That doesn't mean you can blame poor performance on anything you want. Maybe the 49ers were at a disadvantage because they weren't playing in the Pacific time zone. I guess that's why they played poorly, and if the Superbowl was held on the West Coast, they would have been the real winners. It's just so unfair....

Football is a dynamic sport. You play in different conditions, under different situations, every single week. You still have to put together 60 minutes of quality football if you expect to win. It doesn't matter what else happens. You can't blame the environment, like a game delay, or the snow, or a time zone, for playing poorly. Both teams are playing under the same circumstances in the same conditions. That's what makes it fair for both teams. These players are in peak physical condition, they're the best in the world at what they do, and their entire career is dedicated to playing at the top of their game. The lights going out for 35 minutes is no excuse for nearly blowing a significant lead. Saying "I lost my momentum" is about as justified as saying "I don't feel good today" or "The turf is too hard to play on".

It's funny you bring the commentators into the picture. Commentators make retarded comments all the time. They're paid to dramatize the game and keep viewers interested. What else are they going to talk after 35 minutes of no football?

Quoted:
1/2 time was expected, and we played and planned around it, so it was fair.

What's with all the "We did this" stuff? When does your Super Bowl Ring arrive?
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#28]
RAVENS!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Jesus I hope you guys don't give me a bunch of shit when the Browns win next year's Superbowl even if the lights go out or not
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Jesus I hope you guys don't give me a bunch of shit when the Browns win next year's Superbowl even if the lights go out or not

Keep it in the AFC North and out of Pittsburgh.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:41:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I just hope I live long enough to see the Browns win a SB.

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 6:41:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well me being a realist I realize the earth will be destroyed before the Browns win a Superbowl

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You just did.

In fact, when the lights were out, they were bussed off in the dark to yet another city.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You just did.

In fact, when the lights were out, they were bussed off in the dark to yet another city.

No lube, you just went in dry on him

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You just did.

No lube, you just went in dry on him  

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Pic from today:

Absolutely amazing atmosphere. Best fans in the NFL.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Pic from today:

http://i.imgur.com/IyzhYMz.jpg
Absolutely amazing atmosphere. Best fans in the NFL.

I am glad Art "the fucktard" Modell can't see that, I will always hate that fucking guy

Not happy he died but fuck him and his back stabbing tactics, I feel the same about that dickhead ex mayor White also

ETA:::YOU::SUCK:::BRYANT   Bryant Gumbel could keel over right now and zero fucks would be given by me, that motherfucking POS

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Great pic. Mutsa been fun. Ravens earned it. Any team that goes through Manning and Brady are bound to be champs. Patriots are taking it next year though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Great pic. Mutsa been fun. Ravens earned it. Any team that goes through Manning and Brady are bound to be champs. Patriots are taking it next year though.

It was a blast. Traffic was a nightmare though. There were reports of people getting off on 695 and walking towards the stadium. Anyone that knows the Baltimore metro area knows that's a LOOOONG way away. Traffic was gridlocked and people were getting out of their cars and drinking beer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 3:49:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a blast. Traffic was a nightmare though. There were reports of people getting off on 695 and walking towards the stadium. Anyone that knows the Baltimore metro area knows that's a LOOOONG way away. Traffic was gridlocked and people were getting out of their cars and drinking beer.

Sounds like a normal college football game in the South.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Only thing good about the ravens in the SB was the patch on their uniforms reminding everyone Art Modell is dead.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Only thing good about the ravens in the SB was the patch on their uniforms reminding everyone Art Modell is dead.

Let the butthurt flow through you.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let the butthurt flow through you.

Brown's fan.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Us AFC North folk are a rowdy bunch. I'd say moreso than any other division, to include NFC East.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Us AFC North folk are a rowdy bunch. I'd say moreso than any other division, to include NFC East.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There were several good things aside from that:
1) Joe Flacco will demand and hopefully get so much money that the Ravens will have to release several good players just to pay Flacco. Hopefully the Patriots and Bears will get a few of them.
2) Winning a ring decreases the odds that Ray Lewis will change his mind and come back for another year. This in turn decreases the odds that Ed Reed will stay because the smart guys that run the Ravens know it is time to start seriously rebuilding the defense. Belichick and Reed were kissing each others ass in the press so hopefully Reed comes to New England.
3) I won a hundred bucks because of the way the game turned out.
4) A Ravens Superbowl victory causes butt hurt among Steelers fans.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

NFC North.  They don't call it the Black and Blue Division for nothing....
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There were several good things aside from that:
1) Joe Flacco will demand and hopefully get so much money that the Ravens will have to release several good players just to pay Flacco. Hopefully the Patriots and Bears will get a few of them.
2) Winning a ring decreases the odds that Ray Lewis will change his mind and come back for another year. This in turn decreases the odds that Ed Reed will stay because the smart guys that run the Ravens know it is time to start seriously rebuilding the defense. Belichick and Reed were kissing each others ass in the press so hopefully Reed comes to New England.
3) I won a hundred bucks because of the way the game turned out.
4) A Ravens Superbowl victory causes butt hurt among Steelers fans.

Best 4 points I've ever seen on this thread. Lets get to 100 pages. The season never ends.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

NFC North.  They don't call it the Black and Blue Division for nothing....

Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top