Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 176
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just started playing this last week and am starting to kind of get an idea of what I'm doing. Mostly just focused on leveling at the moment and keeping an eye out for things with good IV's to power up eventually. Any tips from the hive here? I'm only at level 21 and started on 9/16.

If anyone is looking for a quick friend to progress some research, feel free to add me. I'm usually pretty good about getting gifts out once a day. Trainer code is 4592 3421 8881.
View Quote
For leveling up:

Pidgeys, Weedles, Caterpies and Wurmples...anything requiring just 12 candies to evolve are your friends. Get all the candy for these you can. When a Double XP Event is announced, add 60 'evolvers' to your storage...then during the event, throw a Lucky Egg and start evolving. 120k+ XP attainable before the Egg runs out. Transfer evolved Mon afterwards to make room for the next catch-and-evolve cycle. Only evolve the first stage, not the second.

For holding gyms for coins:

'Ninjas own the night'...or, learn the ways of the owl. Study the actions of other teams in your AO, figure out when the gyms turn over fastest (or don't...) then plan to take them accordingly. In the early days of the game, Team Instinct went out on our bikes after dark and rekt gyms late into the night - timing it so we got a 21-hour payoff (remember those?). A similar tactic works with the new gym system, but this requires Other Guys to get off their butts and kick your defenders out.

Also keep in mind there's strength in numbers. Drop discardable defenders everywhere you can.

For building up a good army:

Don't waste Stardust leveling up a low-CP, high-IV Mon. Hold out for something 91% or better whose CP is close to max before wasting candies to evolve it, especially if it's rare.

To get good Pokemon...you have to catch and hatch lots of Pokemon. I'm right around 53k caught at the moment - and MAYBE 400 of those went on to 'grow up'. It's a numbers game.

Study your geographical area and see which defenders are popular, then build an army of attackers to deal with them. The NEOH crew continually loves them some Gyarados and Vaporeon...I've got enough evolved, high-CP Electric types to give AEP a serious run for the money. Likewise with Blissey and Snorlax; my crew of Fighting types makes Murder, Inc. look like a Sunday school ice cream social.

Above all, it comes down to effective counters of the opposite teams. Make them work for you, not against you. (Spoken as a strangeran Instinct player in a strange landRed and Blue-ville...)
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I laugh at certain pokemon that people are powering up.
View Quote
I laugh at people who have 2,000,000 stardust.  What's the point?  Some times I power something all the way up just because I like it and I think it's cool and I just want it to be powered up all the way for my own enjoyment.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I laugh at people who have 2,000,000 stardust.  What's the point?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I laugh at people who have 2,000,000 stardust.  What's the point?
Trading Legendaries is gonna co$t serious dust. I have 2.4million at the moment. 400k of that will be used to power up good attackers and a couple defenders as I get candies for them. The rest is held in reserve.

Some times I power something all the way up just because I like it and I think it's cool and I just want it to be powered up all the way for my own enjoyment.
Must...think...Russian...or at least, their ways of doing battle. If you only have 200 Larvitar candies to power Tyranitar up, it's better to have 6 solid ones with ~3200CP than two which are maxed out - and which consume all your candies getting there.

(YMMV. Larvitars aren't that common here.)

That said, some of my money men are maxed. One of which is a 4483 Slaking. Contrary to another poster's comments, it IS useful...as the 5th or 6th defender, anchoring the gym for your team. Gym placement is important, however: If it's off the beaten path and I can get at it for a while, it's mine. Slaking works best as a drive-by drop-in on a gym located at a busy intersection which sees limited foot traffic. It discourages attacks from players stuck in traffic, as the battle timer won't expire before the light changes.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Finally got a Farfetch'd from an egg in Fort Valley, GA.  Thx.  Still missing Mr Mime and Kag.
View Quote
That would have been our trip to Massee Lane Gardens. You’re welcome!
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I FINALLY HATCHED KANGASKHAN!

I hatched 2 back to back.  Thank you to the people from Fall River, MA and Waynesboro, GA
View Quote
Lucky.  I just hatched 8 more this morning and again the only regional in the bunch was............mf Tauros.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got an EX Raid Pass for next Monday. Hopefully I’m finished golfing in time to make it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#8]
yay.  Mr Mime from Clinton, OH.  Just need Kag.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I FINALLY HATCHED KANGASKHAN!

I hatched 2 back to back.  Thank you to the people from Fall River, MA and Waynesboro, GA
View Quote
glad everyone's getting kangas from my eggs /sarcasm

hatched 2 geodudes and 2 meowth today
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I laugh at people who have 2,000,000 stardust.  What's the point?  Some times I power something all the way up just because I like it and I think it's cool and I just want it to be powered up all the way for my own enjoyment.
View Quote
That's not much stardust.  Those are rookie numbers.  Play more is all I can tell you.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yay.  Mr Mime from Clinton, OH.  Just need Kag.
View Quote
Yer welcome.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:32:17 AM EDT
[#13]
They're still good for healing a pokemon in gyms.   Full healing and you don't have to be at the gym location.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Spent some dust. Made some more clean rows. Gonna max out 3 Zapdos soon, waiting on a little more dust, only have 1mil in the bank right now. I'll be doing a set of Groudon/Mewtwo/Kyogre as well once Mewtwo finishes up or if they pull Groudon back for a couple of weeks I'll do it then.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They're still good for healing a pokemon in gyms.   Full healing and you don't have to be at the gym location.
View Quote
I didn't realize that lol.  Learn something new every day.  I never tried to feed a golden raz in a gym before.

I guess that explains that one time when I was trying to knock a Tyranitar out of a gym.  I would defeat it all 3 times, but then as soon as I defeated it the third time and its CP went to 0, it would go back to full CP.  That happened over and over half a dozen times until I finally said F it and drove away.  Dude must've been sitting at home feeding golden raz and laughing his ass off at me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't realize that lol.  Learn something new every day.  I never tried to feed a golden raz in a gym before.

I guess that explains that one time when I was trying to knock a Tyranitar out of a gym.  I would defeat it all 3 times, but then as soon as I defeated it the third time and its CP went to 0, it would go back to full CP.  That happened over and over half a dozen times until I finally said F it and drove away.  Dude must've been sitting at home feeding golden raz and laughing his ass off at me.
View Quote
Not gonna lie, I may have done that a time or two. The razz feeding, that is.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I just got this gem. Traded away my beloved 98% Vaporeon that I used as a gym fighter. It was a level 38 and had about 4000 victories.

100% shiny lucky Zapdos!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just got this gem. Traded away my beloved 98% Vaporeon that I used as a gym fighter. It was a level 38 and had about 4000 victories.

100% shiny lucky Zapdos!!!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/325635/Screenshot_20180930-005234-686960.JPG
View Quote
Noice.  Glad it worked out for ya.  I wouldn't have traded such a strong Vape tho, since the stats change anyway.  I've seen people trade a 100% and it change to <50% on the receiving end.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Got a Mr.Mime from Cinci, OH

thanks!

just need Kanga and mew two to complete the dex
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:29:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:43:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Let me know when you get caught for spoofing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Just hatched another (8) 7km eggs.  Around 80 since the regionals started.  Still no Kangaskhan.  Got another freaking Tauros though of course
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Hatched 2 Kangaskhan when this deal started but not one since.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Noice.  Glad it worked out for ya.  I wouldn't have traded such a strong Vape tho, since the stats change anyway.  I've seen people trade a 100% and it change to <50% on the receiving end.
View Quote
It was a guaranteed lucky Pokemon, the account it was going to didn't have a lucky Pokemon yet, and the Vaporeon was from August 2016. I have two other Vaporeon that are 100% anyway, and the same level. I have another 100% that I'm gonna power up to take its place.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#25]
So, when did you start spoofing?
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Let me know when you get caught for spoofing.
View Quote
We had incredible map coverage out here before the maps got shut down. Add to the fact that we have a no traffic grid with high speed limits, it was really really easy to grab 100% Pokemon and candy for them when the maps were up. We'd get a 100% Larvitar out here like once a day or every other day depending on the weather. When the weather boost thing came along, we get even more of them. As for Salamence and Beldum, that gen3 event occurred during what was the windiest part of the year for us. We had nearly two dozen 100% Bagon spawn, and a little more than a dozen 100% Beldum.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Thank you Knoxville, TN for finishing my collection!!!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We had incredible map coverage out here before the maps got shut down. Add to the fact that we have a no traffic grid with high speed limits, it was really really easy to grab 100% Pokemon and candy for them when the maps were up. We'd get a 100% Larvitar out here like once a day or every other day depending on the weather. When the weather boost thing came along, we get even more of them. As for Salamence and Beldum, that gen3 event occurred during what was the windiest part of the year for us. We had nearly two dozen 100% Bagon spawn, and a little more than a dozen 100% Beldum.
View Quote
So if you were to show the location of each of your Pokemon caught, we wouldn't see anything abnormal is what you're saying?  I'm not calling you a liar, but i'm very skeptical.  I'm level 40 twice over and play way more than the common player.  99% of the time when I see something that resembles your account, the user was spoofing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So if you were to show the location of each of your Pokemon caught, we wouldn't see anything abnormal is what you're saying?  I'm not calling you a liar, but i'm very skeptical.  I'm level 40 twice over and play way more than the common player.  99% of the time when I see something that resembles your account, the user was spoofing.
View Quote
I have a hard time believing it.  I've been playing hardcore daily since the day after the game went live.  I have less than (10) 100% pokemon and the best one is Blastoise that came from a Squirtle I hatched.  Second best is an Altaria that came from a Swablu I caught.  The others are Fearow, Arbok, Beedrill, etc. - garbage pokemon.

For someone to have a dozen 100% Tyranitar, a dozen 100% Metagross, a dozen 100% Salamence, half a dozen 100% Blissey, half a dozen 100% Gyarados, half a dozen 100% Dragonite.  Yeahhh...color me skeptical.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have a hard time believing it.  I've been playing hardcore daily since the day after the game went live.  I have less than (10) 100% pokemon and the best one is Blastoise that came from a Squirtle I hatched.  Second best is an Altaria that came from a Swablu I caught.  The others are Fearow, Arbok, Beedrill, etc. - garbage pokemon.

For someone to have a dozen 100% Tyranitar, a dozen 100% Metagross, a dozen 100% Salamence, half a dozen 100% Blissey, half a dozen 100% Gyarados, half a dozen 100% Dragonite.  Yeahhh...color me skeptical.
View Quote
Exactly.  I really don't care when someone cheats.  That's their prerogative.  Just own it if you're going to do it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also in the skeptical crowd. I have exactly 3 100%. A Zapdos that was a research reward, an Electrode I evolved from a wild Voltorb I caught, and a Kangaskhan I just hatched. I don’t care if someone’s spoofing, but bragging about the results seems a bit crass. I mean, if you’re cheating to get there, it’s not really brag-worthy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Well if they extra mons go away after tonight, then I guess I wont be getting my Kag.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well if they extra mons go away after tonight, then I guess I wont be getting my Kag.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Here is my Friend Code if anyone wants to add me.  Don't add me unless you're playing daily and intend on trading gifts daily if at all possible.  I remove friends who are inactive or don't reciprocate gifts.

Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Here is my Friend Code if anyone wants to add me.  Don't add me unless you're playing daily and intend on trading gifts daily if at all possible.  I remove friends who are inactive or don't reciprocate gifts.

https://i.postimg.cc/255ZDyKm/Screenshot_20180930-170920_Pok_mon_GO.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice.  I was out walking around the neighborhood before 4pm trying to get a Kangaskhan before the deadline lol

Quoted:

Ha.  I've had at least 50 people from the local fb groups remove me due to my username alone so no fucks given
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn't mean to come off as rude.  I apologize if I did.  There is a 200 friend limit so I need active players.  Otherwise it's a wasted slot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I didn't mean to come off as rude.  I apologize if I did.  There is a 200 friend limit so I need active players.  Otherwise it's a wasted slot.
View Quote
With the daily limits on what you can send and what you can open, I wouldn’t even see the point in that many.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Anybody got a shiny geodude or grimer yet?

Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I have the Geodude.  My husband has both.  I've been trying.  Just haven't had much luck.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

With the daily limits on what you can send and what you can open, I wouldn’t even see the point in that many.
View Quote
You can send 105 gifts per day.  You can open 20 a day.  The point is... points.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
90% of them are from here in Vegas. We had an enterprise server and a private server to cover gaps. We've had some of the big YouTube players come out here to Larvitar hunt. Brandon Tan was here earlier this year, as well as trainer tip. There are a few other people out here that have accounts just as polished, if not better than mine.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
You've don't live in a city that had scanning servers. We had both and enterprise map and private map. 100% Pokemon spawn all the the time and aren't all that rare. Knowing where to find them is the big part. We also have little traffic out here, so if something would pop up on the map it wouldn't be too hard to get to it most of the time. Back then you'd have just under 30 minutes to get to a Pokemon after it spawned, and it takes just about that amount of time to get anywhere in town.

And I'd die to have a dozen Metagross. I only have 3.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#44]
I am just busting pokeballs.
I havent missed a day since the start.
ill add you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Hatched another 9.  Alolan crap and another Mr. Mime.  Up to 5 mimes now.  Still no Kangaskhan.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Woot woot

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice!
Mines at 3pm est
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nice!
Mines at 3pm est
View Quote
It's an easy raid boss.  But it will run.  A number of players at the raid couldn't capture it even with multiple Great curve ball throws.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hatched another 9.  Alolan crap and another Mr. Mime.  Up to 5 mimes now.  Still no Kangaskhan.
View Quote
Must be nice---cant seem to hatch a single regional.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll be grabbing mine in a couple of hours. Gonna do it as a group of 3 to maximize balls lol.
Page / 176
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top