BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody who's older than you. A Millennial is anybody younger than you. A Doomer is anybody who covers their mouth when they sneeze.

Pretty sure that about covers it.
View Quote

And, I think we've nailed it with this one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

To many options. So confusing. Can we pin this down to specific dates?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone born from 1946 to 1964. That's so fragile with just a pin prick they go boom! and explode their insecurities all over you.  

Quoted:
Born between 1940 and 1964. WWII era baby boom.
To many options. So confusing. Can we pin this down to specific dates?

Any "boom" between 1943 and 1945 should be called the mailman boom.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 7:43:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody who's older than you. A Millennial is anybody younger than you. A Doomer is anybody who covers their mouth when they sneeze.

Pretty sure that about covers it.

So boomers are flubros?

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are the exact same thing, people just say them differently
like "snub nose revolver" and "stub nose revolver"  
or "fringe benefits" and "french benefits"
it's all the same, "boomer" and "doomer"
View Quote

TC
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Never understood how the "boomer" birth years stretched all the way out to 1964. I'm figuring this based on members of my own combined families. First born of 5 children was 1946, last was 1964. First born was heading off to Marine boot camp when youngest was pissing in diapers. Never occupied the house together at all.

Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm technically Generation X (born in 1979), but somebody who was born in 1965 likely had a much different experience growing up than I did.

Things always get fuzzy at the edges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never understood how the "boomer" birth years stretched all the way out to 1964. I'm figuring this based on members of my own combined families. First born of 5 children was 1946, last was 1964. First born was heading off to Marine boot camp when youngest was pissing in diapers. Never occupied the house together at all.

Just my $.02.
I'm technically Generation X (born in 1979), but somebody who was born in 1965 likely had a much different experience growing up than I did.

Things always get fuzzy at the edges.

I dug I to this once several years ago, wish I'd kept my research.

The Gen X label came about in the early 1970s, if I recall. It slowly morphed, "to the right" as it were, over the years, finally getting some sort of consensus definition only in the 1990s. But, since that was when all this generation labeling really kicked off, that seems to have caused a bit of an irrational stretch of the term "baby boomer." For me, Baby Boomers grew up in the '50s and either fought in or protested the Vietnam war. No kid born in 1960 need apply. Heck, even late 1950s gets problematic.

I distinctly remember a "Generation X" definition from the 1980s that ended with kids born in 1973. That's what had gotten me digging.

And that old Bellamy Brothers song gets stuck in my head every time we have these threads.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top