Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/21/2018 8:49:40 AM EDT
Just a reminder to my neighbors to the south. Your state house of reps is voting on constitutional carry this coming Monday, April 23rd.

https://d97yz4wvpgciz.cloudfront.net/articles/20180420/oklahoma-house-to-consider-constitutional-carry-amendment-on-monday

That's a link to NRA-ILA explaining the bill and also contains a direct link to contact your reps and urge the to vote for the bill.

Good luck!

Posted in home town as well, just trying to get the word out.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Put the heat on them, OK people!
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#2]
All y’all out here bannin’ bumpstocks, meanwhile in Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm surprised they weren't already. Texas will never have it, too many commies, but Oklahoma likely will.
Grats Okies.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#4]
If it passes I think the governor will sign. I hit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#5]
How did I miss this?

Sending emails now, will try to call Monday morning.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm surprised they weren't already. Texas will never have it, too many commies, but Oklahoma likely will.
Grats Okies.
View Quote
We were run by dems for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How did I miss this?

Sending emails now, will try to call Monday morning.
View Quote
Sign up to NRA-ILA notifications, it's interesting to see what's happening in every state(and sometimes has that depressing tone). This just happens to be one of the better laws being kicked around.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Found this at the bottom of page 4, just bringing it back to the top the further our Oklahoma brethren's 2nd amendment rights.

I mean, I'm from Kansas, already have constitutional carry, WTF do I care? It's a gun forum. I see people botching about our side always losing.

This is why....
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Found this at the bottom of page 4, just bringing it back to the top the further our Oklahoma brethren's 2nd amendment rights.

I mean, I'm from Kansas, already have constitutional carry, WTF do I care? It's a gun forum. I see people botching about our side always losing.

This is why....
View Quote
Took my kiddo to a birthday party, got to talk to a number of other dads, none of them knew about this either.

I explained to them what constitutional carry was and all but one wants me to send them a link to the canned letter.

So hopefully it will get done!  Was actually surprised how receptive people were today.  I figured most have license and have accepted that way of doing things.  I do as well, but no need to have to pay the fee every 5 or 10 years.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sign up to NRA-ILA notifications, it's interesting to see what's happening in every state(and sometimes has that depressing tone). This just happens to be one of the better laws being kicked around.
View Quote
Rain on NRA-ILA. . .hit OK2A for Oklahoma stuff.  They do a heck of a lot more for us than the NRA does.

And this is an amendment to an existing bill.  If the House passes the amendment, it will have to go back to the Senate to be voted on again before it gets to Mattress Mary's desk.  But don't let me slow you down. . .please call/write the reps!  This needs to happen!
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeez. Some people would find the negative in a rainbow and pot of gold.

Signed and submitted.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is why....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is why....
Contacted a couple people I know in OK to get out there, contact their reps!  Good luck OK!!

On Monday, April 23, the Oklahoma House of Representatives is scheduled to consider a pro-gun amendment to Senate Bill 1212.

This pro-gun amendment would recognize the rights of law-abiding Oklahoma residents to carry a firearm for self-defense without having to first obtain a government mandated license to do so.  
Go here: https://act.nraila.org/default.aspx and click on "Write your state lawmakers" --> "Take action" and send your OK reps a letter of your support!
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#13]
We've had open carry for a few years now and I haven't noticed a single person doing it. Before it was signed into law, the papers were complaining that we'd be all wild west shootouts and violent.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Good to hear!

Hope it passes! Viva la Freedom!
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I’ve had people argue against constitutional carry but have convinced every one of them that it would be a good thing. I teach CCW classes here and would be overjoyed to have constitutional carry despite losing the extra money from teaching, I usually did them cheap anyway because having to have a class to carry is absurd to me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Our Governor will veto it. She vetoed open carry when that passed and had to be overridden. Fallin is useless.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Our Governor will veto it. She vetoed open carry when that passed and had to be overridden. Fallin is useless.
View Quote
I'm not familiar with your governor, but do you think she would change her tune if enough people contacted her and pushed for it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Good Luck OK.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I follow moms demand action on Instagram. They will be at or in the capitol the day of the vote, protesting. I suspect they buss women in if they don't think they have enough local members.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I used the NRA-ILA tool to email them, it’s way too easy not to do.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn be nice to get some good news in the gun rights area lately ! Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm not familiar with your governor, but do you think she would change her tune if enough people contacted her and pushed for it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
not likely, she's a lame duck.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
They will probably get all the teachers to walk out again in protest of this one since the Legislature renigged on their education funding bills.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

While some fellow KS instructors railed and moaned against ConCarry because of the potential loss of revenue safety concerns, usually within earshot of a reporter, I gladly let my certification lapse.
View Quote
I remember the flack the instructors gave over this. As far as I know, it hasn't affected the ones I know. People still go to the trouble to get a ccl. It's still needed for reciprocity. I keep mine current.

My oldest son, soon to turn 21, wants to take the class and get his ccl as soon as he can.

And yes, the only news it got was the wild west effect, that never actually happened...
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Glad to see several getting the word out, keep it up!
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Grats Okies.
Yep.  Many of our liberals say they can’t stand this backwards state, and are moving to California.  For some reason, they never say they are going to New York.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Hope it passes!
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm an NRA Life member at the Benefactor level. I know the NRA sat on its hands the first time open carry came up in the Oklahoma legislature and only made a token effort the second time when it passed.
The OK2A Association is the mover on the current legislation and not so much the NRA.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Fingers Crossed....

Oklahoma has a special place in my heart.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Grats Okies.
View Quote
Democrats = Commies

Yes, we have a serious infestation and it's only getting worse from the influx of the Hordes from South of the Border Plus all those Liberal Californians trying so hard to turn Texas into the same Sh!thole they just fled...
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fingers Crossed....

View Quote
You could always move here, we'd love to have more people like you in our state.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#34]
If it wasn't for the shit weather and bland and boring landscape this would raise my opinion of Oklahoma. But I hated the near decade I spent there. Hope it passes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Go Pokes!

Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Bump for the heck of it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Grats Okies.
View Quote
I am cautiously optimistic Texas will get Constitutional Carry. There are some quiet things going on behind the scenes that make it more likely all the time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#39]
I called but it will never happen. The OSBI gets too much $$$ from the permits. One guy does them all and they get 140 a pop.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fingers Crossed....

View Quote
You could get a job with the Miami PD
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You could always move here, we'd love to have more people like you in our state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fingers Crossed....

I would.... have to convince the wife
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#42]

Hopefully it passes!
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#43]
I spent my youth hunting in Oklahoma for dove and deer. Love it out there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I called but it will never happen. The OSBI gets too much $$$ from the permits. One guy does them all and they get 140 a pop.
View Quote
This is the correct answer.  Follow the money.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone hear if anything happened with this yesterday?
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Anyone hear if anything happened with this yesterday?
View Quote
http://okcfox.com/news/local/house-panel-passes-constitutional-carry-bill  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#47]
In Kansas all the people who wanted to carry had permits and carried.  I don't know anyone who started carrying now that you don't need it.  More freedom, I hope it spreads.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Good job Oklahoma!
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#49]
According to OK2A, it will be heard Wednesday or Thursday.  Hopefully they don't do it like the last CC bill, and let it expire without being heard.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Nice!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top