User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was still in college when the leftists in the news and even on campus became unraveled over Lt Col. Oliver North telling Congress to eat shit.  It was beautiful.

I later met him in 2006 when he was on a book tour in J-Action-Ville NC.  I was proud to shake his hand-he's a great American.  Most of us appreciated everything he did to bring about the fall of the Ortega regime in Nicaragua by funding the Contras (who were fighting the Sandinistas) and thus push back against Soviet expansion into Latin America during the Cold War.  This, despite the Reds in the US Congress who did everything to undermine President Reagan's foreign policy of containing communism in the western hemisphere and who were sympathetic to Ortega and his leftist, pro-USSR gov't.

Added bonus:  IIRC Lt Col. North facilitated the sale of US weapons to Iran in an effort to gain release of American hostages in the ME.  Those same weapons were used to kill Iraqis in their 8 year slaughter with the Iranians.  This, while we gave intel to Iraq so they could slay the persians more efficiently.  More dead arabs and persians all around.  Now, who doesn't get wood thinking about the way he smote two (types of) muslims with one stone in a manner which furthered our interests both in the ME and in Latin America?  The man was the epitome of what being a true American really is.

Anyway, if the Contras murdered a leftists priest here and there because they were aiding the communist Sandinistas, then who the fuck cares unless you're a filthy communist?  Fuck them.

For any of you haters out there, I hope this makes you so angry you piss all over yourself.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Loyal American?!!!

if thats the case - Dear Iranians - if you are reading this meet me and my partner outside the armory, we'll get you all fixed up to terrorize Americans. No worries about legalities, we're using the proceeds to battle communism - per congress, this is acceptable, we will be branded loyal Americans, given awards, high paying jobs and a radio gig for these actions. Too bad we're not female, that would earn a presidential nomination! If thats the way it is, why the fuck should anybody obey the law?

ETA- based on current state of South America, helluva job brownie! They're doing so well they want to stay put, none of them want to invade USA! LOL.
View Quote
Do you think there would be MORE, or LESS, refugees had Ortega prevailed?

If the dunce cap fits, wear it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who cares?  Lt Col. North was following the guidance of his elected boss as a member of the National Security Council at the time, not the USMC or DoD:  You know, POTUS Ronald. R. Reagan, who ran on a platform to face down communism and literally won the 1980 election against Carter because of it?  As in, Ronald Maximus Reagan's NSC?  Yep-he was there because he was the right man for the job at the right time.  His time as a young infantry platoon commander only shaped and developed him into the warrior this nation needed when the time came.  Just because he wore the uniform of a US Marine Officer, doesn't mean he was operating in that capacity while assigned to the NSC.  Understand?

Fuck the communists in Congress.

Besides, you're from CA.  I don't care what you think.  I had enough of you hand-wringing quislings when I grew up there, hence why I don't live in Cali anymore.

Also, stop with the blasphemy.  You'll probably regret ever doing so someday (like I do, even if I slip up and act like a disrespectful communist heathen now and again).

Now go change your pants and undies.  Nobody respects someone that walks about shamelessly after he's pissed their trousers upon hearing this traumatic news.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing the American Revolution was before your time; you really would have stroked the fuck out.
Why don't you go look up what Mattis has to say about the military setting its own political goals?

Edited for god dammed autocorrect
Who cares?  Lt Col. North was following the guidance of his elected boss as a member of the National Security Council at the time, not the USMC or DoD:  You know, POTUS Ronald. R. Reagan, who ran on a platform to face down communism and literally won the 1980 election against Carter because of it?  As in, Ronald Maximus Reagan's NSC?  Yep-he was there because he was the right man for the job at the right time.  His time as a young infantry platoon commander only shaped and developed him into the warrior this nation needed when the time came.  Just because he wore the uniform of a US Marine Officer, doesn't mean he was operating in that capacity while assigned to the NSC.  Understand?

Fuck the communists in Congress.

Besides, you're from CA.  I don't care what you think.  I had enough of you hand-wringing quislings when I grew up there, hence why I don't live in Cali anymore.

Also, stop with the blasphemy.  You'll probably regret ever doing so someday (like I do, even if I slip up and act like a disrespectful communist heathen now and again).

Now go change your pants and undies.  Nobody respects someone that walks about shamelessly after he's pissed their trousers upon hearing this traumatic news.
Interesting how so many here are so offended by someone who lied to congressmen that were openly protecting a communist(s) in Central America.   They deserved  to be lied to.  
And why don't these posters also tell us what they think of Reagan?    None of the things col north did were outside of what the the other Reagan advisors and Reagan himself wanted to to be done.   Some people are so naive.    north (and adm poindexter) took the heat to keep it away from the CIC.

I'd like to see how often some of these posters have become so righteously indignant over any other over reaches by congress and the executive branch, where it pertains to curtailing civil liberties and other matters of leftist policy.   I doubt you will find any.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Total irony.  North did almost exactly the same thing Hillary did; backroom deals to sell missiles to foreign goons against the will of congress (i.e. high treason) under wink/nod orders from the president, and everyone involved likely pocketed some amount of the 'invisible' money along the way for their trouble.

Contras = Syrian Rebels
Cocaine =  Opium
TOW missiles = Stinger missiles
Iranians = Libyan Muslim Brotherhood (i.e. Iranians)
View Quote
Treason has a specific legal definition.  Defying Congress isn't it.

Would you like a band-aid for your boo-boo?

Link Posted: 5/8/2018 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What did he get in trouble for back in the 90's, my memory is failing me?
View Quote
80's and Iran-contra. It was all BS, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you look back on the posts between us in this thread, you'll find that the gravest, and I hope only, insult I have given to you is that you may feel that the military may act outside of what guidance is given by the civilian government. This does not preclude the actions of The People against a government which acts against them, but the distinction is important. A military not beholden to their people is not something to be lauded. Our military is to be lauded. The respect that I have given you comes directly from your service to Our People. If I seem disrespectful, I hope you can see that my disrespect comes only from my love for our Republic.

You can *click* me, but I won't do the same. Much the same as you have noted, I have seen things you've posted in the past, but I continue to read your posts because I do respect your insights, your understanding of certain subjects and what you bring to the table. If you choose to discount anything I say because of where (in America) I live or because I don't agree with you, that's your business. You get to say that a LTC can do what he pleases, in violation of the law, to hurt communism, because he thought it was right, but you don't get to do so without someone speaking up and saying "hey, wasn't that illegal? Isn't there someone better who could be the President of the NRA?".

You can keep calling me a liberal, a communist, whatever and I'll resist the urge to tell you "You queer, you stop calling me a ____ or I'll sock you in the face and you'll stay plastered" like my hero would have. That's only because of the respect I hold for you which is, frankly, wearing thin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me sum things up for you in the easiest way I can:

Liberalism in hard-wired into your DNA.  Your posts are dripping with it, and tonight isn't the first time I've seen it despite the fact I've rightfully ignored you in the past.  I'm neither angry about your progressive values on display here, nor am I insecure about your feelings IRT the civilian-military relationship in our gov't.  I'm old enough to have encountered enough young people like you to know you'll either outgrow what I consider blatant stupidity, or continue to be the cliche you present yourself as now.  Nothing I say will change that trajectory.  As such, the bottom line is that you and your opinion are simply irrelevant to me.

Thinking about it, you seem more concerned that the military presents a greater threat to our Republic than external threats that are openly hostile to our interests.  Seriously, you seem to live in some weird, paranoid alternate reality and frankly,  you're probably not mature enough to own a firearm.  I hope you don't.
If you look back on the posts between us in this thread, you'll find that the gravest, and I hope only, insult I have given to you is that you may feel that the military may act outside of what guidance is given by the civilian government. This does not preclude the actions of The People against a government which acts against them, but the distinction is important. A military not beholden to their people is not something to be lauded. Our military is to be lauded. The respect that I have given you comes directly from your service to Our People. If I seem disrespectful, I hope you can see that my disrespect comes only from my love for our Republic.

You can *click* me, but I won't do the same. Much the same as you have noted, I have seen things you've posted in the past, but I continue to read your posts because I do respect your insights, your understanding of certain subjects and what you bring to the table. If you choose to discount anything I say because of where (in America) I live or because I don't agree with you, that's your business. You get to say that a LTC can do what he pleases, in violation of the law, to hurt communism, because he thought it was right, but you don't get to do so without someone speaking up and saying "hey, wasn't that illegal? Isn't there someone better who could be the President of the NRA?".

You can keep calling me a liberal, a communist, whatever and I'll resist the urge to tell you "You queer, you stop calling me a ____ or I'll sock you in the face and you'll stay plastered" like my hero would have. That's only because of the respect I hold for you which is, frankly, wearing thin.
Ok, fair enough.  I should be more patient.  Sometimes I read your words and it's like being teleported back three decades into a college classroom with some 3rd rate academic telling me how the Republic will collapse if we allow POTUS Reagan to undermine their boy Daniel Ortega (insert epic face palm here) while the Sandinistas in Managua cozied up to an expansionist, nuclear superpower that threatened both us and all of western Europe.  It's an environment I had little patience for, and I did my fair share of causing at least one professor to get red in the face out of shear anger because I didn't buy into his predictable leftist faggotry.  And no, I'm not calling you a "3rd rate academic", but you are thinking about this whole thing the wrong way.

That said, I'll take a deep breath and try this again...

The premise for your argument is that Oliver North was a "rogue" or out of control military officer unaccountable to civilian authority, and that simply isn't true.  He worked for the co-equal executive branch of gov't. in the National Security Council.  As such, the President delegated Lt Col. North the authority to carry out his duties as a member of the NSC in order to meet the foreign policy objective of the Reagan administration.  I cannot blame the man for being loyal to his boss, as fighting communism anywhere in the world-let alone along mexico's southern border in our own damn hemisphere-isn't unconstitutional.  Or did I miss something?

More importantly, Ollie North was absolved of committing any crime.  You will recall that the Congress resumed funding of the Contras after this phony "scandal" failed to accomplish anything other than show the dimocRats to be the communist sympathizers that they were and are.

Damage control, anyone?

If you want to blame anyone, "blame" Reagan if you insist.  He would literally wear that blame on his sleeve, and rightly so.  Me?  I'm just glad we had a president that didn't allow our own legislative institutions to be misused against the best interests of our nation and our national security by the far left dimocRat party.  That's leadership, because the alternative would have literally been a strategic threat to the U.S. separated by just one weak, corrupt, and unstable country in the form of mexico.  Everyone knew the Soviets could and would have rather easily destabilized Ciudad Mexico next, and the ultimate consequence could have been Soviet armed forces on our southern border with all that implies, to say nothing of nuclear-armed IRBMs or cruise missiles being positioned so close to CONUS.

ETA:  Not sure of your age (I have an idea you are under 25), but I imagine it's hard for you and your peers to relate to a bi-polar world where the USSR was a credible threat to the very concept of individual freedom and even life itself.  The reality of our world in the 1980s was 180 degrees different than what it is today.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I cannot blame the man for being loyal to his boss, as fighting communism anywhere in the world-let alone along mexico's southern border in our own damn hemisphere-isn't unconstitutional.  Or did I miss something?
View Quote
There comes a point where where loyalty needs to take a backseat to common sense.

I agree wholeheartedly about killing commies however, when you arm enemies to fund allies, it is counterproductive and stupid.

Out of every possible way they could fund the contras, this way was stupid as fuck and that was the point I was trying to make.

The iranians shouldn’t have been given so much as a single bullet let alone missile systems.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 3:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Damn, a lot of hate in here for a true warrior and patriot fighting commie’s around the globe. The Lt. Colonel is good person that was a fall guy for the greater good. I’ve had the opportunity to meet him several times in the last 20 years, always humble and took the time to talk. The weapons sold to Iran were inoperable and deactivated.

Silver Star Citation:
https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/23749
View Quote
We see who Really loves the commies in this thread.

Good.   Expose people for what they are.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://www.tucsonsafety.com/images/12/89/ip008912.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Total irony.  North did almost exactly the same thing Hillary did; backroom deals to sell missiles to foreign goons against the will of congress (i.e. high treason) under wink/nod orders from the president, and everyone involved likely pocketed some amount of the 'invisible' money along the way for their trouble.

Contras = Syrian Rebels
Cocaine =  Opium

"trea·son
'trez?n/Submit
noun
the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government."

So, conspiring with foreign powers against our national government's interests doesn't qualify?  Acting in place of the formal government on the sly in foreign negotiations doesn't count as thwarting its legal authority i.e. an 'overthrow'?  Because he damn sure wasn't 'negotiating' in any official capacity, and it's impossible the contents of his discussions weren't considered classified, at the very least he was conducting espionage.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Leosch is happy about it, I'm not seeing a problem either.

Link Posted: 5/8/2018 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I first read that as Peter North to become NRA President.
View Quote
Now that's a guy I can stand behind

Mainly because I wouldn't want to get blasted with his massive loads.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There comes a point where where loyalty needs to take a backseat to common sense.

I agree wholeheartedly about killing commies however, when you arm enemies to fund allies, it is counterproductive and stupid.

Out of every possible way they could fund the contras, this way was stupid as fuck and that was the point I was trying to make.

The iranians shouldn't have been given so much as a single bullet let alone missile systems.
View Quote
Remember what was happening on Iran's eastern border, about the same time? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SovietAfghan_War

That was the reason we were concurrently funding the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan, and couldn't resign ourselves to letting Iran be yet another Soviet client state.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"treason
'trez?n/Submit
noun
the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government."

So, conspiring with foreign powers against our national government's interests doesn't qualify?  Acting in place of the formal government on the sly in foreign negotiations doesn't count as thwarting its legal authority i.e. an 'overthrow'?  Because he damn sure wasn't 'negotiating' in any official capacity, and it's impossible the contents of his discussions weren't considered classified, at the very least he was conducting espionage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Contras = Syrian Rebels
Cocaine =  Opium

"treason
'trez?n/Submit
noun

You're using a dictionary to try to respond to a request for a legal definition.  I'll give you a hint - there's only ONE crime specified in the US Constitution, it has a very specific definition provided, with stringent evidence required for conviction.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ok, fair enough.  I should be more patient.  Sometimes I read your words and it's like being teleported back three decades into a college classroom with some 3rd rate academic telling me how the Republic will collapse if we allow POTUS Reagan to undermine their boy Daniel Ortega (insert epic face palm here) while the Sandinistas in Managua cozied up to an expansionist, nuclear superpower that threatened both us and all of western Europe.  It's an environment I had little patience for, and I did my fair share of causing at least one professor to get red in the face out of shear anger because I didn't buy into his predictable leftist faggotry.  And no, I'm not calling you a "3rd rate academic", but you are thinking about this whole thing the wrong way.

The premise for your argument is that Oliver North was a "rogue" or out of control military officer unaccountable to civilian authority, and that simply isn't true.  He worked for the co-equal executive branch of gov't. in the National Security Council.  As such, the President delegated Lt Col. North the authority to carry out his duties as a member of the NSC in order to meet the foreign policy objective of the Reagan administration.  I cannot blame the man for being loyal to his boss, as fighting communism anywhere in the world-let alone along mexico's southern border in our own damn hemisphere-isn't unconstitutional.  Or did I miss something?

More importantly, Ollie North was absolved of committing any crime.  You will recall that the Congress resumed funding of the Contras after this phony "scandal" failed to accomplish anything other than show the dimocRats to be the communist sympathizers that they were and are.

Damage control, anyone?

If you want to blame anyone, "blame" Reagan if you insist.  He would literally wear that blame on his sleeve, and rightly so.  Me?  I'm just glad we had a president that didn't allow our own legislative institutions to be misused against the best interests of our nation and our national security by the far left dimocRat party.  That's leadership, because the alternative would have literally been a strategic threat to the U.S. separated by just one weak, corrupt, and unstable country in the form of mexico.  Everyone knew the Soviets could and would have rather easily destabilized Ciudad Mexico next, and the ultimate consequence could have been Soviet armed forces on our southern border with all that implies, to say nothing of nuclear-armed IRBMs or cruise missiles being positioned so close to CONUS.

ETA:  Not sure of your age (I have an idea you are under 25), but I imagine it's hard for you and your peers to relate to a bi-polar world where the USSR was a credible threat to the very concept of individual freedom and even life itself.  The reality of our world in the 1980s was 180 degrees different than what it is today.
View Quote
I'm 23 and I'm in CA. I agree with 90% of what you said. Ollie North isn't all sunshine and daisies, see the posts about him thinking civilians shouldn't be allowed to own certain military hardware, or that plan he wrote up about detaining civilians or whatever.

But I agree about Iran-Contra.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#15]
My step father worked for Oliver North. He never had anything good to say about him.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Remember what was happening on Iran's eastern border, about the same time? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SovietAfghan_War

That was the reason we were concurrently funding the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan, and couldn't resign ourselves to letting Iran be yet another Soviet client state.
View Quote
Right...

How has that worked out for every other foreign army?

What did they gain?

We've been there 17 years, spent billions and 20 years from now it will still be a deplorable shit hole inhabited by pederasts with room temperature IQs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They really didn't want it known how deep the flow of cocaine really flows thru D.C.

Quite frankly, I am still on the wall with ol' Oly.   I'd like to believe he is honorable and doing
what he thought was right but I can't get around believing he is just another DC Swamp Monster.

What do you think?
View Quote
I remember watching the trials and came away liking him. I will need more dirt that isn't wrapped up in cold war politics to change my opinion.
But I think they could have done better but I believe he is a patriot.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:54:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm 23 and I'm in CA. I agree with 90% of what you said. Ollie North isn't all sunshine and daisies, see the posts about him thinking civilians shouldn't be allowed to own certain military hardware, or that plan he wrote up about detaining civilians or whatever.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damage control, anyone?

Figure Head Position anyways and the NRA leadership is not our friends at the moment. They have no issues with ban on bump stocks, red flag laws, and generally being fudds. Joaquin Jackson was against us owning ARs and mags over 5rds until he basically died and Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox defended his ass and spoke highly of him when he kicked the bucket.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah he'll fit right in.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/05/15/new-nra-president-oliver-north-supported-assault-weapons-ban,-waco-raid
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#21]
ROFLMFAO
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he'll fit right in.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/05/15/new-nra-president-oliver-north-supported-assault-weapons-ban,-waco-raid
But Dana Loesch, who has great legs and a terrific ass,  is all for that "assault weapons" ban supporter Oliver North being installed as NRA President; so who are we to bitch?
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he'll fit right in.

She's a kid...........she doesn't know but should.

I hope North has changed his mind more than Trump did.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Mena Arkanasas

Biggest drug smuggling operation in the history of America

Guns to the cartels

A long trail of bodies from Mena to the White House

4 yrs of Bush
8 yrs of Clinton
8 yrs of Bush
8 yrs of Obama

Deep State fueled by the Narcos

An alligator in a piss cutter

IMO
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he'll fit right in.

She was also a liberal back in those days.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#26]
anyone who wanted to shoot an “assault weapon” should join the marines.

-Oliver North
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he'll fit right in.

Well, there you go............

It always has been a mystery to me how someone can say "ban them" then later on switching their opinion on such a FUNDAMENTAL right and do an ABSOLUTE about face and then say "never ban them".

I know it is possible but my wiring was more permanent right out of the womb apparently.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top