Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2018 1:45:20 PM EDT
Trying to maintain a surveillance in  a rich and vibrant shit hole called West Helena, AR. About 4 or 5 miles from Lula, MS

Evary house in this tiny town has bars or plywood over the windows.

Any ever been there? Any Arfcomers live there?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No Sir.
On another note, however, where do you fit in between Big Pony , and Little Pony?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No Sir.
On another note, however, where do you fit in between Big Pony , and Little Pony?
View Quote
BEFORE either of them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Running out of work?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No Sir.
View Quote
You answered your own question
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I have only heard of the cultural vibrancy that is in that area. Fun fact, the town I live in was named after Helena, AR. Luckily it is nothing like it today.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I stopped for  a coke at a mom & pop burger stand. The girl who took my change was looking at me like I had a 3rd eye in the middle of my forehead.

At first, I thought it was because I was one of the only white people in town, when I got back to my car I realized my body armor was peaking out from under the top of my buttoned shirt.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Hahahaha...  Hope you enjoy blues music and are looking to invest in the loose cigarette market.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Running out of work?
View Quote
No, I'm just an idiot.

4 days at $1k per day plus expenses was just too good to pass up
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#9]
My dad grew up there. I remember how bad it was about 15 years ago. When I would visit my grandparents it was always pretty interesting. I can’t imagine it now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I stopped for  a coke at a mom & pop burger stand. The girl who took my change was looking at me like I had a 3rd eye in the middle of my forehead.

At first, I thought it was because I was one of the only white people in town, when I got back to my car I realized my body armor was peaking out from under the top of my buttoned shirt.
View Quote
You got made bro.

She's texting everybody in town to watch out for the narc.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#11]
They say Levon Helm was born and raised somewhere around here
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#12]
We go through Helena several times a year when we go duck hunting in AR. That town is a shithole for sure.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#13]
How many states do you cover?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

BEFORE either of them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Best coke in town?

I work in Helena.  Live a bit north of there.

I'll take the hoodrats around here over the hipster liberals of all-white NW Arkansas anyday.

I lived in Fayetteville for 10 years, traveled all over OK, TX, NE, MO, KS, TN, MS, AL, and AR.  All places have shit people and good people.  This is a dirt poor area.  Lot of welfare queens, lot of white trash, but lot of good people around here too.

Helena is pretty bad.  Corrupt police force and local city "leadership".  Other surrounding towns have similar demographics, are equally poor, but are actually pretty safe, nice places to live.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Out around Marvell, Turkey Scratch.  About 20 miles West of Helena.

Any questions about the area, just ask.

How long you here?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Levon was born in Elaine, same county as Helena.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No Sir.
View Quote
What happened to big pony, i never see him post anymore?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No, I'm just an idiot.

View Quote
What do I need to do to get in that line of work?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Becoming known as the "crazy white cracka" does have it's upside....
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Probably thought he was a state cop coming to bust the local PD again.

Look up "operation delta blues"

Helena used the be a beautiful town, even in the 90's when I was a teenager.

It has gone downhill faster than anywhere in the Delta.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#22]
nope, but i heard Little Rock is a fine little town
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Do tell more.

How do i bank 4 G's rollin with my plate carrier and my G19? I'm trying to do hood rat shit like you OP! Hook me up with some intel on this gig?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Best coke in town?
View Quote
DAMN...Winner!

Did Kelly's last night for dinner. Not bad.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Awww, the Delta. The armpit of America. Too many states vying for rectum for the Delta to be competitive.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Out around Marvell, Turkey Scratch.  About 20 miles West of Helena.

How long you here?
View Quote
Leaving at dusk (If I live that long...)  
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#28]
What do you do?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Roll down to Elaine and get an order of fried turkey necks and a head cheese sammich.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I have never seen so many CadillacEscalades parked in  front of  so many dumpy rent houses in all my life.

...and I don't think I've seen a single Mexican since I got here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What do you do?
View Quote
PI out of Tulsa
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have never seen so many CadillacEscalades parked in  front of  so many dumpy rent houses in all my life.

...and I don't think I've seen a single Mexican since I got here.
View Quote
Any married ones? Why you looking?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Don't drown in the Kudzu.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Where's the best place to eat?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Any married ones? Why you looking?
View Quote
I haven't done a divorce case in years, and if I never do another one it would still be too soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No, I'm just an idiot.

View Quote
I make good money and I'd jump on that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Leaving at dusk (If I live that long...)  
View Quote
Well that sucks.  When I get off work some of us are going to ride 4wheelers and drink beer.  You could have tagged along.  Living around here has its privileges if you're the redneck type.

If you have to come back, I can suggest a few decent places.

Kelley's sucks.  We have James Beard award-winning BBQ 25 miles north in Marianna.  Cypress Corner BBQ is 1/2 way to Marianna and is good.  Great steakhouse over on moon lake right across the river called Katheryns, and the country club in Helena and the one in Marianna are both good.

When I was younger I couldn't stand these little towns.  Nothing to do.  When you get older, have kids, and settle down, it's not bad.

I used to go to Bixby, Broken Arrow, and Owasso for business.  I couldn't handle that rat-race every day.  I have a 30 mile commute into work, and it takes me 25 minutes of easy, no traffic driving.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I have been through there and you are correct.  Shithole©
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I haven't done a divorce case in years, and if I never do another one it would still be too soon.
View Quote
Interestingly enough, that's how I ended back up here.

Grew up in the area, went through a divorce, and got custody of my two daughters who were then 4 and 5, and had to move close to my family so they could help with the kids.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Best coke in town?

I'll take the hoodrats around here over the hipster liberals of all-white NW Arkansas anyday.

I lived in Fayetteville for 10 years, traveled all over OK, TX, NE, MO, KS, TN, MS, AL, and AR.  All places have shit people and good people.  This is a dirt poor area.  Lot of welfare queens, lot of white trash, but lot of good people around here too.

Helena is pretty bad.  Corrupt police force and local city "leadership".  Other surrounding towns have similar demographics, are equally poor, but are actually pretty safe, nice places to live.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best coke in town?

NWA doesn’t want you.  Stay over there.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Where's the best place to eat?
View Quote
Katheryn's at moon lake is a 15 minute drive.  Great food.

Helena Country Club is good.  You have to be a "member or guest", but just tell them you're from out of town, and a member of "X country club" and they'll serve you.

Rio Lindo is good Mexican.

Teaden for Chinese (looks like a dump, but food is good)

I mentioned some places north of town towards Marianna.  Jones BBQ is the shit, but he usually sells out by 11:30 or so, so he's likely closed for the day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lived in Fayetteville for 10 years.  Watched it grow from a neat little college town into an overcrowded, over-regulated, overhippied nightmare.  Took me 45 minutes to get from my house to the office....less than 8 miles.

I go up to a game every now and then.  Don't even recognize it anymore.  I went to the UofA in the late 90's, stayed after I graduated.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I used that in Memphis while working in the 90s.
Unbathed, field clothes, and dirty. The locals thought we were crazy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Back when I was in the bail bond business, I had a regular client from there. He specialized in meth distribution.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Just arrest someone. Anyone.

They're bound to be guilty of something.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
It always worked for me.

I was working in North Tulsa and had one of the locals ask me, "watchoo doin here, white boy?"

I told him, "the call me Sae Foo..."

He asked me what kind of dumb ass name is that?"

I said, "Ida know...but everyone here asks me, "Say foo', what's a white boy like you doing here?"
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Are you a PI or what do you do?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lived in Fayetteville for 10 years.  Watched it grow from a neat little college town into an overcrowded, over-regulated, overhippied nightmare.  Took me 45 minutes to get from my house to the office....less than 8 miles.

I go up to a game every now and then.  Don't even recognize it anymore.  I went to the UofA in the late 90's, stayed after I graduated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m typing this from a movie theater in Fayetteville. Waiting for den of thieves to start.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Loved Fayetteville in the 90's.

Hated it starting around 2005ish.

The delta is...different, but there's a big difference in city "rich and vibrant" and country "rich and vibrant"

I don't worry about crime here.  Unless you're a drug dealer or hang around with drug dealers, you don't have much to worry about.

Meanwhile in NWA, I lived next door to a Fayetteville cop, and went to church with a Springdale cop.  Both of them said "I didn't sign up for this crap" when the violent crime rate went up something like 700% from the big influx of Hispanic gangs.

That, coupled with the liberals taking over everywhere up there, made it as easy decision when it came time to move.  I liked Rogers Rec and Maxines.  Bunch of faggoty ass liberals have made Maxines into a hipster bar now instead of the working man's tavern.

I do get a kick out of John LaTour pissing off and all over the liberals up there.  He keeps them whipped into a frenzy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top