Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not British, so I don't gaf.

Attachment Attached File

But this shit right here? Fuck yeah!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Seeing it in the South, normal, expected, no big deal. Part of the healing of the nation after the Civil War was allowing The South to retain its dignity and pride. Look at all the southerners whose ancestors were Confederate that have fought and died for the flag of the United States since the Civil War.

Seeing it flown in Michigan, idiotic, stupid and offensive. Michigan played a large role in defeating the Confederacy and lost 13,000 Soldiers in the Civil War. Flying a Confederate Flag if you are from Michican or another Union state is stupid and dishonors the people that fought and died to put that flag and others of the Confederacy on the dirt.

It's never been about race, even most of the morons that fly one in Michigan aren't real racists.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m not from the south and have not been back there in many years but, there quite a few last time I was there and I like seeing them. When I think of the south I think of the confederate flags. It the south’s heritage, I think those who are offended need to just shut the fuck up and move if you don’t like it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Cringe.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
it is part of our history, learn from it
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lots of people seem offended and want it torn down. I’m not from the south originally but when I do see it I’m not offended at all. I know young Americans died on both sides. I don’t think it should be erased from history or banned. Call me a racist,I don’t care. Woketards think they can just erase history.
View Quote

Don't care.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Growing up in central Florida during the ‘70s and ‘80s the “Stars & Bars” was a common feature as the front plate on every pick-up truck and muscle car, a decal on every Jon boat and just about every cap on every tween in the region, Blacks included.

If displayed out of regional pride, I fully support it.  

Unfortunately, we have allowed it to be corrupted by dumb-fucks whose only means of having ANY attention paid to them is by screeching recycled hate speeches written by Yankee Democrats.

Sadly, we recently had the flag removed from a memorial for Confederate dead (mass grave) due to it’s “controversial symbolism”. Well, they didn’t fully remove it, it was effaced by bead-blasting until the only way to see it is if you already know where to look.

I have a co-worker, who happens to be Black, from Richmond, Va. He was disappointed to see Confederate history erased from the city. He always thought is said a lot about Virginia and America as a whole when he, as a successful businessman, could walk past the monuments and think about how far we have all come in 150 years. It was thought provoking.

As Bob Marley used to sing; “if you know your own history, then you would know where you’re coming from”.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Very rarely. I actually saw it more living in Vermont than I have living in Mississippi.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I wish I was in the land of cotton.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Never understood the desire to show an affinity with the losing side.And I say that as someone who had an ancestor fight for the Confederacy.

That said, I do own a Confederate flag, but don't fly it. However, I did bring it into elementary school in about 4th grade and the teacher had displayed it in the classroom.

Different times.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish I was in the land of cotton.
View Quote

Leftists made sure old times were forgotten.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've always thought it means you are proud of your Southern Heritage
View Quote

That's how I see it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm filled with a sense of pride that free speech still exists.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Indicative of low IQ. What’s ironic is a lot of the people who fly it are also on welfare and benefit from democratic programs. They’re usually ugly/inbred, at least in the mountains here.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Now that I think about it, I haven’t really seen one out in the wild.

Or I really don’t give a fuck and just don't notice them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Indicative of low IQ. What’s ironic is a lot of the people who fly it are also on welfare and benefit from democratic programs. They’re usually ugly/inbred, at least in the mountains here.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You can think it, but you'd be dead wrong.  In fact, only liberals think this way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You can think it, but you'd be dead wrong.  In fact, only liberals think this way.

Quoted:

Most uneducated liberals do.

Do you display the Confederate battle flag in public view or do you just live vicariously through those who are brave enough to own it?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't feel anything. Doesnt bother me nor does it bother most blacks in my area or work.

Living in a small town in NW florida its a common sight.... From front yards to flying on the back of bro dozers! No one here gives a shit!
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Means nothing to me. Alot of people here think it might as well be a Nazi flag
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In the end, I don't care.  Doesn't bother me nor does it give me joy.  I'm not going to hoist it up either.  I feel exactly the same way in regards to the rainbow flag.  It's freedom of speech, per se.  

I can see that's it's a symbol of southern pride and heritage.  The symbology doesn't stop there. If you think that is all it represents then you've cancelled part of the history behind the symbology.  

Simply read the secession documents as they were written, not the translation.  Read what was written, by the original authors.  Not some translation by a Southern apologist or a woke liberal.  Then those views were rallied behind the stars and bars.
View Quote
@Steamedliver what is your avatar from?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I see it and say that it is one of the coolest looking flag designs ever (assuming we are talking about the battle flag). Not much meaning to me. We have lived in Texas for generations but no known ties to the Confederacy. We refer to ourselves as Texans first, Americans second. There is a Sons of Confederate Soldiers monument in town. There was a bit of butthurt when it was being built, but its been there for about 10 years now and it never gets talked about anymore, flags flying and all. Just like any object, it can be used as a symbol for whatever you want it to represent.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It’s unfortunate that confederate symbology was hijacked by racist organizations.
View Quote

Concur.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I enjoy seeing it because it means someone hasn't bent their knees to faggoty woke politics.

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't care. I do get a bit irked by proudly displayed Mexican flags
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#26]
We don't care how you feel.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#27]

User name checks out.
Welcome fellow_enthusiast.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We don't care how you feel.
View Quote

Truth be known.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Personally I couldn't care less - but this 30'x60' specimen that flew near I-4 in Tampa sure rustled some liberal jimmies.    

https://i.postimg.cc/qB6bfJSQ/RQUBXw-OKk-YGpmla-800x450-no-Pad.jpg
View Quote

I bought my local honey for decades from the now deceased gentleman that donated the property and was instrumental in the funding of that memorial.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#30]

My current county voted not to engage in the Civil war.  Yet, history has been rewritten and now we were 90% slaves.  Funny considering how few black people live here now.  But my other county apparently went to war against Mexico for slavery - not all that many black live in that county either.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Don’t even give it a thought, except maybe that it reminds me of the Duke Brothers and the General Lee.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, they're doing a pretty good job erasing history.  They barely cover it in school and if they do, it has the libtard woke slant.  My niece said the Civil War was about slavery and the Southern "traitors" were all slaveowners.  She knows nothing about the concept of state's rights.  And she's Virginia born and bred.  Not that she has any sort of attachment to the state.  To her and all her friends, Virginia is no different than New York, we're all one big amorphous blob.

ETA:  I feel nothing when I see the Confederate flag other than a slight buzz of excitement that something sporty 'bout to happens maybe.

But I understand why some folks get triggered.  To them the flag is the symbol of their O-pression and they feel the threat to theys richedness and diversifikayshuness.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I find comfort in knowing that it makes leftist dipshits lose their minds.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don’t even give it a thought, except maybe that it reminds me of the Duke Brothers and the General Lee.
View Quote

They were cousins!

Boy you people really don't know southern history!
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Sorry for the picture of a picture.
This is my grandfather's grandfather. He was being relocated to Oakwood cemetery after spending a night at the rotunda at the capital.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@Steamedliver what is your avatar from?
View Quote

Yea about that . . . . there may be some misogyny going on.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I think of growing up in the south. Cruising greens corners and the Stone Mountain laser show; shooting the hooch, dove and boar hunting in the marshes around savannah. Never was about racism or the civil war it was just about being southern.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Can't say about the South, but in Idaho I don't really care.

There's a guy in Meadows whose house is right next to Highway 55 who proudly flies the Confederate battle flag.  Although given the number of California libtards moving into that area I don't see him doing it for much longer.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I assume low IQ.
View Quote

Well, bless your little heart.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#40]
"I wuz Born'd'n'raised in the South".  

I remember going to the Mopar Nationals in Columbus Oh as a young adult.  I remember, within sight of the "Welcome to Ohio" sign along the Interstate it seems, seeing a barn whose roof was a 'rebel flag'.  (We call them 'rebel flags' where I grew up.)  Surprised me.  I got virtually no schoolin' on the Civil War, or I forgot it all.  That was to come in my aerospace career, with exposure to 'Yankees".  I can pretty honestly say I was a clean slate.  Deciding to take the plunge into debate was the #1 (so far) change in my life.  A close second was an epiphany: it's way-more the traffic lights that determine how fast I get to work; not so much mine or others' driving.    (Suburban commute.  No tolls or freeways.)  (Sincerely reader: if your commute is like mine, know what I wrote is true. It's like religion.  It'll change your life a lot.)
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I think of the Dukes of Hazzard and southern rock. If someone wants to have one, I don’t care.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think of the Dukes of Hazzard and southern rock. If someone wants to have one, I don’t care.
View Quote

I drove a supped-up (in my mind, anyway, but real) '71 Challenger.    I've never displayed any affiliations on any car I've ever driven.  Wife did put a BSA sticker on her Magnum years ago.  It was a magnet, though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#43]
I find it a bit odd.

I mean, it was a 4 year war almost a 150 years ago that the South lost.                      

It's just strange they haven't come up with a new emblem for Southern Pride since then.

Maybe I'm wrong but do Germans fly the Imperial flag for pride? They lost that 4 year war too and and that was more recent than the Civil War.

Just feels like putting your 2nd place trophy on the mantle and being proud of it.

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I find it a bit odd.

I mean, it was a 4 year war almost a 150 years ago that the South lost.                      

It's just strange they haven't come up with a new emblem for Southern Pride since then.

Maybe I'm wrong but do Germans fly the Imperial flag for pride? They lost that 4 year war too and and that was more recent than the Civil War.

Just feels like putting your 2nd place trophy on the mantle and being proud o

View Quote

where are you from son?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#45]
People who fly it: bless their hearts.People who vehemently oppose it: bless their hearts too.

Me, it's history, one fraught with lessons and tragedies and conflict.

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#46]
British flag = losers
Native American tribe flags/symbols = losers
Jolly Roger/pirate themed flags = losers
Remember the Alamo = losers
CSA = losers

The list keeps going..... yet the ideas remain.

Deal with it.

With a government Hell bent on causing division among the People, while simultaneously afraid of a group of states consolidating power, it’s no wonder they’re spinning this modern narrative and telling you how to think about the CSA.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#47]
It's my heritage and I think of it as a symbol of independence from - and rebellion against - tyranny.  So I feel pride when I see it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I think it's dumb, but it's also the South and they've been spoon fed a sugar coated revisionist version of the Civil War for 158 years, so I don't blame them honestly.

It's not present day Southerners' fault the post-war South (thanks in large part to the United Daughters of the Confederacy) crafted a "we dindu nuffin wrong" account of events and passed it off as "history" to future generations.

I'd fly the shit out of that flag too if that's the only version of the war I knew.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I don’t feel anything about it. The people who throw a fit about a flag do it because they profit from it. On both sides.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top