Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/5/2023 12:44:08 PM EDT
Make sure and clean/oil/wipe down your carry gun once weekly. You will have a BIG rust problem if you don't stay ahead of it. Also don't forget to wipe down your mags. You spent a lot of money. Make sure you protect your investment.

I carry a Glock so not a issue for me. I thought I had a FTF (Glock 43x) yesterday but I was wrong. I went to tap the back of the slide but it closed before my hand got there. Glocks want to run. Can't remember the last time I cleaned one of my Glocks.

Remember the P365 and P320 are 80 to 85% (just a guess but its way up there) made in India with MIM parts with final machining and assembly in the US.

This is just a PSA. Enjoy your Sunday.

Sig p365x macro EDC rust prevention

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
GODDAMNIT I clicked the thread before looking at who the OP was. Should have known. Marked as Troll.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
We need a spankthemonkey forum.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks SploogeApe!

Mine is pretty clean since I haven't shot it yet, but even if it were another brand we should all do preventative maintenance on them.  It's foolish to let your Glock go, even if it functions fine.  You just never know.

Anyone have a lead on a factory P365XL slide with the optics cut that doesn't incorporate the rear sight?  I'm still looking.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Mines defective, it hadn't been cleaned in months and I have no rust

Just like my shit coated super doodie barrel!
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
*SIGH* I pocket carry my P365 daily, even when hiking, and it gets sweaty when doing that. I don't clean/wipe it daily and I have zero rust problems.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Mines doing just fine.  

Your hate entertains me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GODDAMNIT I clicked the thread before looking at who the OP was. Should have known. Marked as Troll.
View Quote

FPNI!

OMG my sides are hurting....
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Done.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mines doing just fine.  

Your hate entertains me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#10]
This is weird yo.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine has rusty mags but I don’t give a shit. It’s the best carry gun I’ve owned in 30 years of carrying pistols.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess mine are defective. I haven’t wiped my 365 in years, or my XL at all, and they’re both doing great.

What problems have you had with your 365, OP?
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#13]
It’s a sensible idea to keep machines clean and lubricated.

Hardly unique to Sig.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Rent. Free.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#15]
[b]
Anyone have a lead on a factory P365XL slide with the optics cut that doesn't incorporate the rear sight?  I'm still looking
View Quote

You can get that directly from Sig. Just call them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Have a pair of 365’s and a 320…..none show any signs of rust. 3rd at the FFL waiting to pick up and it’s not going to rust either.
What kind of filthy hygiene must you have that your carry guns start rusting. Less time thinking about sigs and more time scrubbing with a bar of soap would beneficial I think
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I guess mine are defective. I haven’t wiped my 365 in years, or my XL at all, and they’re both doing great.

View Quote

I won't own one. I have several buddies that do. All of them carry AIWB and everyone them has rust problems. Non stop wipe downs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]
Anyone have a lead on a factory P365XL slide with the optics cut that doesn't incorporate the rear sight?  I'm still looking

I didn't know that, thanks.

I'd rather buy on the used market, but if new is all I can get then that's fine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I won't own one. I have several buddies that do. All of them carry AIWB and everyone them has rust problems. Non stop wipe downs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh. You talk about them a lot. I just figured you may have actual personal experience with what you’re talking about. Gotcha.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve been carrying my P365 in an AIWB holster for years and haven’t had any rust issues. I also take it to the range regularly and clean it rarely. Maybe I’m doing it wrong?

***edit***

I forgot to mention that my first P365 has been so awful I felt compelled to buy a second. That one is equally as defective. No rust. :(
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#21]
While I realize that op is a big Sig troll I'll say that my p320 gets carried mostly in the woods and has seen some serious snow, rain, mud, etc without any rust issues even when it hasn't been cleaned right away.

I have a pile of single stack 9s and the g43 is the only one I have ever gotten rid of. There wasn't anything wrong with it per se, it just didn't do anything well compared to the others.

I don't have anything from the p365 line yet, but have been looking at one of these

TP365x
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I think your last few Sig troll posts have been locked.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Are these the ones that fire on their on when you are walking through the mall?
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Are these the ones that fire on their on when you are walking through the mall?
View Quote
They also sometimes fail the "Getting Out Of Your Car" test.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#25]
lame
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Image of Spank's buddies:

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Pro Tip Summary: Don't buy SIG.

Anyway, I expect the huge P365 Mafia will descend in force to scream "TROLL!!!111!!!" and tell us all about how they have carried/used/been in combat with their SIG while diving in the ocean, crawling through mud and being monsoon-ed on in the jungle while never cleaning it and it still looks pristine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I carry a Glock so not a issue for me. I thought I had a FTF (Glock 43x) yesterday but I was wrong. I went to tap the back of the slide but it closed before my hand got there. Glocks want to run. Can't remember the last time I cleaned one of my Glocks.
View Quote

This single sentence tells me everything I need to know about you and your opinions.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I have carried/used/been in combat with my SIG while diving in the ocean, crawling through mud and being monsoon-ed on in the jungle while never cleaning it and it still looks pristine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Also,
Quoted:

View Quote

I doubt that
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I've had my P365 in my truck console for many years and no issues. Tools in the garage rust easily in comparison. I've even had moisture ingress problems with my truck for several months and the inside was definitely very humid.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#32]
OP needs to be quarantined to the religion forum oubliette with the Kangaroo. They are perfect for each other.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#35]
OP is an idiot (and probably a troll as well, as others have suggested.)

Here is why he is an idiot:

1.  While SIG does use MIM parts in their pistols, the major pieces on the exterior are NOT made from MIM.  (The slide appears to be investment cast, and secondarily machined, BTW.)

2.  Being made from MIM does not correlate with being corrosion prone.  The surface treatment is what controls corrosion on most parts of anyhow, NOT the basic construction method.

3.  I doubt anyone on these forums can, with certainty, say who the subcontractors are that SIG uses for it's MIM parts, and where their factories are located.  To say that SIG is acquiring all their MIM parts from India is based on now-old information from a few years ago, and may no longer be current.

4.  MIM is used extensively nowadays for firearm parts by MOST of the major firearms manufacturers.   I have seen MIM parts in FN firearms, Colt firearms, and Ruger firearms, among others.  MIM is not, unto itself, a mark of POS construction, so those who keep spouting off about "crappy MIM parts" need to shut up, since they are talking out of their anus.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

1.  While SIG does use MIM parts in their pistols, the major pieces on the exterior are NOT made from MIM.  (The slide appears to be investment cast, and secondarily machined, BTW.)

2.  Being made from MIM does not correlate with being corrosion prone.  The surface treatment is what controls corrosion on most parts of anyhow, NOT the basic construction method.

3.  I doubt anyone on these forums can, with certainty, say who the subcontractors are that SIG uses for it's MIM parts, and where their factories are located.  To say that SIG is acquiring all their MIM parts from India is based on now-old information from a few years ago, and may no longer be current.

4.  MIM is used extensively nowadays for firearm parts by MOST of the major firearms manufacturers.   I have seen MIM parts in FN firearms, Colt firearms, and Ruger firearms, among others.  MIM is not, unto itself, a mark of POS construction, so those who keep spouting off about "crappy MIM parts" need to shut up, since they are talking out of their anus.
View Quote

5. OP's beloved Glock uses MIM parts.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glock uses MIM parts.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

5. OP's beloved Glock uses MIM parts.
View Quote

Yes all made in house thank you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Did Sig touch yer monkey?
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Pro Tip Summary: Don't buy SIG.

Anyway, I expect the huge P365 Mafia will descend in force to scream "TROLL!!!111!!!" and tell us all about how they have carried/used/been in combat with their SIG while diving in the ocean, crawling through mud and being monsoon-ed on in the jungle while never cleaning it and it still looks pristine.
View Quote

How about this:

I carry my 365 the same way I’ve carried a Glock or M&P pistol IWB in a kydex holster.

I carry my 365 daily, and have been for a while.  

I give it the same maintenance I’ve given every other carry pistol:

Quick external wipe down about once a week and field strip to clean about every other month.  Gun is shot a couple times a month.

My P365 has the same wear as I’ve seen on Glocks or M&Ps - holster wear from lots of dryfire presentations.  

Sig mags do have the most surface wear.  Of course Glock mags are plastic but I wish Sig took a lesson from M&P as S&W has, IME, the best metal mags.

In any case, my P365 has zero rust.  I guess I’m not a super sweater or cursed with acid sweat some folks have.

None of my carry guns have ever been in combat or the jungle or submerged in a swamp.  They are carried in a suburban environment and all have gone bang every time with quality ammo, which is the level of reliability I expect with a carry gun.

Demanding people carry a certain gun ir don’t carry a certain gun is dumb.  Constantly going overboard with troll posts is indicative of a mental issue.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Did Sig touch yer monkey?
View Quote

This type of post is OP’s life.

He makes about one a week, on the same exact subject.

Several face been locked recently for CoC violations.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks SploogeApe!

Mine is pretty clean since I haven't shot it yet, but even if it were another brand we should all do preventative maintenance on them.  It's foolish to let your Glock go, even if it functions fine.  You just never know.

Anyone have a lead on a factory P365XL slide with the optics cut that doesn't incorporate the rear sight?  I'm still looking.
View Quote

Do you have the one with optics cut and separate rear sight?
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Good looking out for our Sig brothers, OP. Rust is a terribly common issue on these budget built guns. Don’t forget the mags should be lathered up with lube as well. They rust extremely fast.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks SploogeApe!

Nope, that's the one I'm looking for.  I want co-witness with the EPS Carry RDS I bought for the gun.  I bought Trijicon HD101 sights just for c0-witness.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#45]
JFC….You guys really need to find a new obsession…
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Yep. They look like your typical modern Sig end user.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here, not a speck of rust.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I thought SIG India beat the snot out of Apu the previous time he mixed the recycled metals incorrectly.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#49]
OP your hatred for SIGs borders on mental illness.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#50]
OP is either a liar, an idiot, or a fool. He doesn’t have to be all of them, but he must be at least one. The strange thing about it is he seems quite proud of it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top