Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 3:12:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ACR's are excellent.  The action is remarkably smooth and they're very reliable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thing is shaping up to be what the. ACR should have been. I'm both happy and disappointed.

My dick has been perpetually hard thinking about this gun. Don't fuck it up PSA!
ACR's are excellent.  The action is remarkably smooth and they're very reliable.
I have one and love it. I'm just really sad it didn't get more traction and didn't reach its full potential (hence my disappointment). People also like to complain about its weight and how it weighs more than a comparable AR-15 (although I never have).
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'd really like to use a Shockwave (Gen 2) Blade that can fold.

Any recommendations on an inexpensive (yet decent quality) folding stock adapter?
View Quote
I like my Hera Arms SFU
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully someone makes a HK-style telescoping stock for this bad boy, that'd be tight.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hopefully someone makes a HK-style telescoping stock for this bad boy, that'd be tight.
View Quote
Welcome to almost a decade ago for me
(Also see avatar)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't they stop making those?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Didn't they stop making those?
View Quote
Yep.
I think people were starting to use them improperly (like on a 12ga with stock adapter) and Nordic didn't want to be responsible.
They were intended for .22's.  This one is from the first run.

It lives on my .45 now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I am torn.

I'm definitely going to get one of these... but I don't have in .300 guns. Don't really want any .300 guns.

But I want the 7.5 inch barrel. Not 10.5

7.5 is plenty long for 5.56.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

From the closeup I saw of the buffer tube and lower area it seemed like a pic rail adapter of some kind was being used for their factory gun.

The reason for doing that versus a proprietary lower would be that tons of people already own AR-15 lowers and it cuts down development costs. If they do it all custom you're basically back to a SCAR/ACR/XCR/etc. With maybe a slight edge in price because it's PSA versus those companies.
View Quote
You also have several states where buying this as a firearm is no longer possible, pistol or not. BUT, we could buy it as an upper and put a plug and folder on an existing lower we legally own. Sure, not a nation wide market, but once you've satisfied the initial rush of orders it would be worth offering.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have one and love it. I'm just really sad it didn't get more traction and didn't reach its full potential (hence my disappointment). People also like to complain about its weight and how it weighs more than a comparable AR-15 (although I never have).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thing is shaping up to be what the. ACR should have been. I'm both happy and disappointed.

My dick has been perpetually hard thinking about this gun. Don't fuck it up PSA!
The one I shot was quite unwieldy. In fairness it had a can on it.

It didnt get traction because it gold sold to Remington who drastically increased the price while drastically decreasing features. It was a dud by the time it shipped.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am torn.

I'm definitely going to get one of these... but I don't have in .300 guns. Don't really want any .300 guns.

View Quote
If you want a shorty that is a long stroke piston look at PWS. Pricing will be much more than PSA, but PWS makes nice stuff. They offer a few 7.75" uppers in .223 Wylde:

https://www.primaryweapons.com/product-url-7043

https://www.primaryweapons.com/product-url-6783

I have seen the MOD 1 for just under $900.

ETA: If you are interested B I will dig up my source for you with excellent pricing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am torn.

View Quote
I'd just wait and see if they release a 7.5" 5.56 or if somebody figures out how to change the barrels and tune the recoil system.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you want a shorty that is a long stroke piston look at PWS. Pricing will be much more than PSA, but PWS makes nice stuff. They offer a few 7.75" uppers in .223 Wylde:

ETA: If you are interested B I will dig up my source for you with excellent pricing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am torn.

No it's okay, I don't really care about the piston part particularly. I like the PSA design and just love super-shorties.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No it's okay, I don't really care about the piston part particularly. I like the PSA design and just love super-shorties.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am torn.

Yeah, I would have posted the Adams 7.5" but it and the PWS both require a standard buffer/recoil system.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah, I would have posted the Adams 7.5" but it and the PWS both require a standard buffer/recoil system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am torn.

Could go with a regular DI upper and one of those bufferless BCG contraptions. IIRC they aren't exactly cheap either, but probably cheaper than a piston gun.

Still going to be AR ergos/aesthetics and not this more modern take on "sporting" rifles.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
just love super-shorties.
View Quote
Can we be friends?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#19]
@beitodstraffe please tell me that you've finally got around to test firing that Kitty Kat.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@beitodstraffe please tell me that you've finally got around to test firing that Kitty Kat.
View Quote
I haven't.

But the Gremlin is still running fabulous.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I like my Hera Arms SFU
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd really like to use a Shockwave (Gen 2) Blade that can fold.

Any recommendations on an inexpensive (yet decent quality) folding stock adapter?
I like my Hera Arms SFU
That’s what I’m looking for...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:25:04 AM EDT
[#24]
While I'm slightly annoyed I bought a CZ Bren, I'm thrilled I didn't grab a Brownells BRN upper.
If this upper is anywhere near 6 bills, I'll get one  Maybe one of each caliber
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:22:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can we be friends?
Attachment Attached File
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
just love super-shorties.
Can we be friends?
Attachment Attached File
I need friends bro. Want to go up to my room and talk about it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:23:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am torn.

Roger that, love it! Short and sweet!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
While I'm slightly annoyed I bought a CZ Bren, I'm thrilled I didn't grab a Brownells BRN upper.
If this upper is anywhere near 6 bills, I'll get one  Maybe one of each caliber
View Quote
The PSA entry into the game is cool and I’ll probably pick one up but I’d still like a Bren. Don’t know what it is about those but they get my motor turning.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Likely a prototype for shot show. PSA will get feedback and likely make some changes before the final release. Not sure whats up with those tabs?

ETA: Rep from PSA states in the video @1:40 that it is a prototype. So glad to hear they are going to make that charging handle ambi!
View Quote
Ambi charging handle is my hope too!!  I have always loved Piston ARs.... I had high hopes for the MASADA..err ACR..  I really want something with a forward charging handle!  As a left handed shooter there are options but many are too pricey!!  ADCOR Bear, Faxon AR-AK and the like... I look forward to the production version of this!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in for an upper once they become available.  Can't decide which one though.  Get both?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#30]
So when do we expect these to be available?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Better question; When can we expect the Gen 3

Seriously though, if they can get this to market under $800 for the pistol/brace package I'll buy the 7.5" .300 BO as my first .300
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 4:56:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Q3 for the 300BO IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Just saw a video where the guy that designed it said the charging handle on production model will be ambi....!!! I gotta start rolling my pennies!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#34]
TFB covers the JAKL at about 2:45 in this video, # 4 on their list of the 5 top rifles of Shot

The Top 5 Rifles and/or Shotguns of SHOT Show 2020

Got a few shots and details not seen in other vids so far.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
TFB covers the JAKL at about 2:45 in this video, # 4 on their list of the 5 top rifles of Shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot5uvXSo7qY

View Quote
Even the haters have a hard time not giving PSA credit and their due respect.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#36]
At about 4:06 Talks about Ambi being on production model...

Palmetto State Armory JAKL: A .300 Blackout Piston Carbine [SHOT Show 2020]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#37]
So....tax stamp.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So....tax stamp.
View Quote
It will ship as a pistol with an AK arm brace.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#39]
What are the specs on this?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So....tax stamp.
Nice.

Leaning towards the .300blk.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot5uvXSo7qY

He does shit on PSA for sure, but still sees that the JAKL has a ton of potential.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What are the specs on this?
View Quote
.45, DI, GG mags, Nordic stock

Lots of machining and testing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I’ve got a lower that’s already stamped that I’ve love to put this on with a non AR looking folder. I’ve been wondering if this design would be likely to work with a Fostech or Franklin armory binary trigger, any speculation on that?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 3:26:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I’ve got a lower that’s already stamped that I’ve love to put this on with a non AR looking folder. I’ve been wondering if this design would be likely to work with a Fostech or Franklin armory binary trigger, any speculation on that?
View Quote
Good question.

I know I’d be over the moon giddy if it was somehow adaptable to work with a rdias.  I’d be tickled shitless.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Good question.

I know I'd be over the moon giddy if it was somehow adaptable to work with a rdias.  I'd be tickled shitless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got a lower that's already stamped that I've love to put this on with a non AR looking folder. I've been wondering if this design would be likely to work with a Fostech or Franklin armory binary trigger, any speculation on that?
Good question.

I know I'd be over the moon giddy if it was somehow adaptable to work with a rdias.  I'd be tickled shitless.
If CMMG makes their RDB FA compatible I would expect PSA to make this as such, at least I HOPE.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If CMMG makes their RDB FA compatible I would expect PSA to make this as such, at least I HOPE.
View Quote
Would require a linkage for the sear trip.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd love to know how PSA got it to run reliably. I'd bet a cup of coffee the key is the fact that it is bufferless. I can tell you that Superlative Arms and Primary Weapon Systems have both been unable to produce a system this short and have it run reliably. With both of the aforementioned companies they were running buffers. So we know it can be done short, even shorter (see the Sig Rattler at 5.5") but when it is it is a bufferless design. Fine by me, less weight and one more thing not to go wrong in the field!

ETA: Having said that it is proprietary so you need to have spare parts on hand from PSA as you are not going to be able to go into a Cabela's or your LGS and pick up spare parts for you JAKL.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'd love to know how PSA got it to run reliably. I'd bet a cup of coffee the key is the fact that it is bufferless. I can tell you that Superlative Arms and Primary Weapon Systems have both been unable to produce a system this short and have it run reliably. With both of the aforementioned companies they were running buffers. So we know it can be done short, even shorter (see the Sig Rattler at 5.5") but when it is it is a bufferless design. Fine by me, less weight and one more thing not to go wrong in the field!

ETA: Having said that it is proprietary so you need to have spare parts on hand from PSA as you are not going to be able to go into a Cabela's or your LGS and pick up spare parts for you JAKL.
View Quote
What would be the issue?  From what I'm reading the barrel is 7.5 inches.

PSA has had 7.5" .300 BO in a regular AR buffer design for a long time.  I'm assuming they run with no problems.

Just don't put the gas block at almost the very end of the barrel, like they did on my 14.7" pinned and welded .  Still haven't taken the time to sort that out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What would be the issue?  From what I'm reading the barrel is 7.5 inches.

PSA has had 7.5" .300 BO in a regular AR buffer design for a long time.  I'm assuming they run with no problems.

Just don't put the gas block at almost the very end of the barrel, like they did on my 14.7" pinned and welded .  Still haven't taken the time to sort that out.
View Quote
The difference is that it's a piston gun.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The difference is that it's a piston gun.
View Quote
And what would be the issue?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top