Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/20/2024 7:47:10 PM EDT
First off, congrats on getting rid of that annoying shit on the top of your head… you are going to save yourself months of time and grief over the course of your life. Bald dudes exude confidence, embrace it and never look back!

Now the important part, you need to buy these clippers…

Amazon Product
  • Powerful, single speed universal motor for heavy-duty use
  • Detachable blades - sizes 000 and 1
  • Includes blade guard, lubricating oil, clipper grease and cleaning brush

You’ve probably bought some $50 Wahl pieces of shit from Target or Wal-Mart and think you’re good to go. Throw them in the trash now. They are cheaply made, the motors are shit and you’ll be lucky to get a couple of years out of them.

You might be shaving your head with a razor. Fuck that. Number one, I haven’t met a girl who doesn’t like a tiny bit of shadow. Not a single one liked the shiny smooth finish from a razor… it’s a pain in the ass, you have to keep buying razors, razor burn just sucks ass and so does cutting yourself on occasion. Ditch the blade!!

The Oster Classics are made like a washing machine from the 1950’s. As long as they are maintained, they last forever. I just had to replace my first set after 7 years because I left it them in a damn hotel room and by the time I realized it and called, they couldn’t do anything for me. When I fired up the new pair, they sounded and cut the exact same as my old ones. They are one of the few products out there that have maintained their standard of quality over the years.

You’re welcome.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the $50 clippers and get about 5yrs out of them.

Do sharpen them myself.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Bic disposable razor works fine....Pro tip - shave in the shower.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I shave with a razor for twenty years now. Every other day.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#4]
My Wahl clippers have been going strong for 15 years now, paid $25 or something like that from Walmart for those.

I have tried a few electric head shavers and they sucked bigly. DE razor and Cremo does a much better job with less irritation. I shave the head every 5-7 days, life is good.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going on 10 years with the last pos Walmart special I got for $30
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Wahl clippers have been going strong for 15 years now, paid $25 or something like that from Walmart for those.

I have tried a few electric head shavers and they sucked bigly. DE razor and Cremo does a much better job with less irritation. I shave the head every 5-7 days, life is good.
View Quote

Same same for my Wahls. Had it for closer to 25 years.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. It's not hard, especially since there's less to shave every year!
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Why would I buy clippers?  I shave with a razor
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#9]
The Kroger or Walmart brand twin blade with pivoting head work great with Barbasol in the shower.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I also got a Wahl clipper, for $40 or a little less from Sam's.  Lasted 10 years or so before giving up the ghost.  Got another Whal clipper to replace them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bic disposable razor works fine....Pro tip - shave in the shower.
View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Me too. I don’t mind clippers except I could never get my rear neck line right. I also like that if I want to be grubby I can go a week after shaving.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Just get proper toupee already lightweights!
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why would I buy clippers?  I shave with a razor
View Quote

Because it’s gross and you have to keep buying razors. When you start nicking all your sunspots and bleed out from your blood thinners, you’ll thank me
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

You obviously have not tried the Phillips OneBlade. It's a game changer.

You don't need some clunky 5 lbs piece of steel the size of a stuffed burrito. This thing is small & portable. And the blades are replaceable so it's always sharp.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/579267/oneblade_jpeg-3164818.JPG

You obviously have not tried the Phillips OneBlade. It's a game changer.

You don't need some clunky 5 lbs piece of steel the size of a stuffed burrito. This thing is small & portable. And the blades are replaceable so it's always sharp.
View Quote

I don’t want to have to replace blades… and I guarantee you they don’t sell them in my town. Plus, I don’t want some rechargeable battery that’s going to fail. Though it might be a good option for travel only.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Disposable 5 blade razor in the shower every 2-3 days.  No need to use shaving cream, just water.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Bald to Badass in Two Easy Steps
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Old man full head of hair master race checking in....
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#20]
The last few days has seen a concerning amount of head hair in the shower. I'm 42, always had a widows peak but fine otherwise, Dad and one brother went bald early, other brother and Mom's dad have/had a good head of hair. Guess this is my time. It's my whole head too, not just the top. Maybe it's just the stress.

I shaved my head a lot when I was younger because of basketball and the Army, always figuring I wouldn't care about doing it if I went bald. Now here I am remembering what an ugly head I have.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks, I need to upgrade to T clippers

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Jesus, I couldn't tell you how old my Wahl clippers are. 15 , 20yrs old I guess

I put clipper oil on it every time I use it, and I take the blades off and clean it real good with a Q tip once in a while
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Actually you need the Skull Shaver Pitbull.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I got the Wahl years ago.  The peanut.

At my age, I don't like wasting my genes growing hair.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Go to the Fleet & Farm, Tractor Supply or similar and buy the horse clippers for cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Amazon Product
  • PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional's commercial grade line of products, the 5-Star Balding Clipper is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand.
  • STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: This corded clipper is a barbershop must-have. With a powerful electromagnetic motor that cuts twice the speed of pivot motors, it offers barbers and stylists a surgically-close cut, making it perfect for quick, precise, and effortless skin and bald fades.
  • ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, the 5-Star Balding Clipper comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the clipper, (2) attachment combs, oil, cleaning brush, instructions, and red blade guard.

Wahl Balding clippers are awesome and cheap. $62
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
First off, congrats on getting rid of that annoying shit on the top of your head… you are going to save yourself months of time and grief over the course of your life. Bald dudes exude confidence, embrace it and never look back!

Now the important part, you need to buy these clippers…

www.amazon.com/dp/B00070E8LA

You’ve probably bought some $50 Wahl pieces of shit from Target or Wal-Mart and think you’re good to go. Throw them in the trash now. They are cheaply made, the motors are shit and you’ll be lucky to get a couple of years out of them.

You might be shaving your head with a razor. Fuck that. Number one, I haven’t met a girl who doesn’t like a tiny bit of shadow. Not a single one liked the shiny smooth finish from a razor… it’s a pain in the ass, you have to keep buying razors, razor burn just sucks ass and so does cutting yourself on occasion. Ditch the blade!!

The Oster Classics are made like a washing machine from the 1950’s. As long as they are maintained, they last forever. I just had to replace my first set after 7 years because I left it them in a damn hotel room and by the time I realized it and called, they couldn’t do anything for me. When I fired up the new pair, they sounded and cut the exact same as my old ones. They are one of the few products out there that have maintained their standard of quality over the years.

You’re welcome.
View Quote

I'm at 17 years with my shitty wahl.  $10 extra in guides.  Oh well.  I only use it multiple times a week.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Disposable 5 blade razor in the shower every 2-3 days.  No need to use shaving cream, just water.
View Quote

Correct
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I use Nair.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Nah meng, I have a Pitbull and once a week shave it down with a razor.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:41:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I buzz and then shave.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought and Oster 76 and an Oster T trimmer when covid locked us down. They are rock solid and easy to maintain. I have not been back to the barber since then. They have easily paid for themselves.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Old man full head of hair master race checking in....
View Quote

Same here but I still shave mine all off. It's much cheaper than getting it cut.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a Rem balder pro after 20+ of shaving my head with a razor.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#35]
{The rest of us exhibit mammalian traits.}
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I shaved both ends.

Chicks digs shave heads and scars.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I found out I was losing my hair long after I started shaving my head.  My barber retired, and I decided that was enough haircuts for me, I was 22.

as for recommendations

I got some Walmart or Target Philips $40 electric razor 20 years ago that still works fine if I forget to use the Mach 3 I got when I turned 18.  

that thing looks nice, but I'm not sweating it

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#38]
First of all, those aren't balding clippers... So thats an automatic fucking fail

Second $155?

Nah, I'm good with my Wahl clippers that I've been using for the last 14 years.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just switched from clippers to these, they don’t have my face worth a shit but they work great on your head

View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124206/IMG_7859-3164814.jpg

I love this thing.

I’ll buy one every year if I have to.

3-4 minutes and done.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Op nailed it - oster 76 with a 00000 for the bald head.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I think i have some Remington clippers, don't really remember cheap ones have lasted me well enough.

You people shaving with a razor every day or every other day just baffle me. No guard on the clippers and i let it go for like a month. Nobody gives a shit and im tall enough that most folks dont really see the bald spot anyway.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Meh, I've got a Wahl cordless and corded that are still going strong after 10+ years. A little blade oil after each use, and disassembly and clean once a year is all it takes.  But I maintain with the Schick green razors you get in a bag of 12, they last longer than they should.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The Oster Classics are made like a washing machine from the 1950’s.
View Quote

Indeed. I wish I'd learned of them far sooner.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Oster 000 every week.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Got a "bald buddy" for Christmas. It honestly does a great job. Can even use it in the shower
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Oster 76's are the Honda accord of clippers. They last forever
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I’ve been using since I heard about it here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Been using my wahl clippers for about 12 years now. I like the balding blades
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Skull shaver can fornicate themselves with a rusty rod.  Biggest POS I've ever owned.  Mine lasted 3 months and customer service gave me the run around.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#50]
I have ‘bad genes’ thread.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top