User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread delivered
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
How’s that Krink you promised coming?

In all seriousness, I’d be curious about the barrel?
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

416 5R
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
@cameront23

I know there's probably no definitive answer to these questions yet, but I have to ask...
1) Estimated release timeframe?
2) Estimated MSRP?

Thanks! This is gonna be a hot one!
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Barrel is going to definitely be a huge part of this. Mk12’s need to look cool, but they also need to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll buy one when they throw in a Dagger, bag and 10 PMAGS.

Probably by Black Friday.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Will it run on nut coal like the real mk12? Want to make sure I can make it as clone correct as possible.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like that to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me how that is a clone correct and proper Mk12 by DD ... do it ... you will fail ... for one ... DD never had a hand in building and spec'ing out Mk12s accept the gas block ... they never built a Mk12 ... they decided to make an 18" rifle gas gun and slap the Mk12 monicker on it because ... marketing and sales for the uneducated ... some of you are proving to be such regarding DD's Mk12 (again, not a bad gun but that gun is a far cry from a proper Mk12).

The barrel isn't even Mk12 spec ... lower isn't ... stock isn't ... handguard isn't ... charging handle isn't ... pistol grip isn't ... safety isn't ... EVERYTHING about the DD Mk12 except the gas block is not a proper Mk12 ...

What PSA is about to roll out is more of a Mk12 than DD ever dreamt of being a Mk12 ...

Grabbed a clearer pic.  Irrefutable:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/D429CC8E-5431-4856-AD25-16B75AC5B34C-2921483.jpg

THAT ISN'T AN ACTUAL Mk12 ... AGAIN ... DD's Mk12 SHARE NOTHING WITH THE MK12 GUNS EXCEPT THE GAS BLOCK FROM THE MK12 program ... good grief you and some others are uneducated about the Mk12 platform ...

DD slapped the Mk12 engraving on those for marketing reasons for the uneducated fools to buy their SPR so that you can come on a board and the range and tout you have a Mk12 .... when you actually don't ... I can call a Glock a Mk12 and engrave it ... doesn't make it an actual Mk12 ...

You trying to pawn that DD Mk12 off as an actual and proper clone correct Mk12 is a slap in the face to all the people that maliciously cloned Mk12 Mod 0s and Mod 1s ... shame on you ...

Now ... you can say its a Mk12 type rifle but truly its just an 18" SPR build by DD .... nothing more nothing less ... except you do get the Mk12 roll mark which WASNT even present on MK12 guns ...

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like that to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

From Wikipedia…

The MK12 Mod 2 was produced by Daniel defense for an ultra secretive Army unit and CIA assassins starting in 2007 and subsequently offered to the civilian market in 2017. Unlike the previous Mk12 Mod 0 and Mod 1 the Daniel Defense Mk12 actually says Mk12 on it so you know it’s legit

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok seriously, are they using pri tubes? Or making something in house?
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

can you copy a PRI and a SWANN design and sell it without getting a letter from their lawyers?
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

PRI. I think it was on pg 1 or 2 where a PSA dude gave the rundown.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cameron here from PSA to answer some of the questions that are asked:

- The barrel will be made in house out of 416R with 5R rifling that is then bead blasted.
- The tube is from PRI as well as the Rear flip up and the gas block.
- This will come with collar, flash hider, and thread protector from otter creek that is compatable with AEM5's.
- We will have this upper available as well as complete rifle. We also have some more "Hybrid" type builds similar to what we do on the Sabre line now where we will have 14.5" Pin and weld options for other types of suppressor mounting capabilities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn it @Jman_JJE @PalmettoStateArmory my wallet can only take so much! I just bought a Sabre AR10 and now you post this?! You're going to cause a divorce.

Not for me, but for someone, I'm sure.

What barrel are you using?
Legit PRI toob or your own make?
Looks like it's has the step for the AEM collar? Will it come w/ an AEM brake and collar for those of use w/ AEM5s?
Will the upper be sold by itself or only as a full rifle?

I would say stop making such cool shit but I'd be wrong for doing so. Please keep doing it.
https://i.imgur.com/cm4iKLa.jpg

ETA: as an aside, what giraffed neck SoB set up that scope?

- The barrel will be made in house out of 416R with 5R rifling that is then bead blasted.
- This will come with collar, flash hider, and thread protector from otter creek that is compatable with AEM5's.
- We will have this upper available as well as complete rifle. We also have some more "Hybrid" type builds similar to what we do on the Sabre line now where we will have 14.5" Pin and weld options for other types of suppressor mounting capabilities.

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I quoted it above for peeps just joining us.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#17]
The PRI carbon fiber handguards are very nice

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I have been laughing since page 1 and cannot stop…thread delivers.  

Put me down for one PSA.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Added emphasis to show items that are not clone correct and pure sacrilege so peeps will know where to direct their unbridled rage.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The PRI carbon fiber handguards are very nice

View Quote
Used their triangle handguard on my side-charger build.
They are quality.

**NOT a Mk12! Before I get accused of being a dumbass!

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I forgot ... its the internet so its true ... hahaha ... shows just how dumb some people's brain capacities as they can't even simply research what a Mk12 is and isn't ... lolz
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Back in 2005 from Mid-South

18-inch Mk12 Mod0 SPR

18-inch Mk12 Mod1 SPR

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks @beatoffdistress
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#27]
*rapid breathing intensifying*
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yum yum yum
View All Quotes

Do you no see the A.R.M.S. mount or that pistol grip? Where’s the outrage? Did Subpar buy your complicity for $24? Are you going to accept the DD Mk12 now?
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Good for them, the more mk12's out there the better.

Some previous mk12 builds (I don't have them anymore, only the mod1 is left)...

The first one from 2006...
Attachment Attached File

Which led to more...
Attachment Attached File

and finally on a pri trade in mk12 upper...
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Added emphasis to show items that are not clone correct and pure sacrilege so peeps will know where to direct their unbridled rage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a point of order, but no where has PSA actually described it as a “MK12.”  It’s obvious what aesthetic they’re going for, but Cameron of PSA said on page one they’re not going for clone correct and I think it is unfair to judge this based on a cloner’s spec.

Again, 95% of people want the look and performance, not the correct shade of purple ano and depth of the font on the stippling of the Ergo grip.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Just a point of order, but no where has PSA actually described it as a “MK12.”  It’s obvious what aesthetic they’re going for, but Cameron of PSA said on page one they’re not going for clone correct and I think it is unfair to judge this based on a cloner’s spec.

Again, 95% of people want the look and performance, not the correct shade of purple ano and depth of the font on the stippling of the Ergo grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m 100% shit posting with tongue firmly in cheek. They look the part and if it’s at a price point people associate with PSA it’s going to be a great option.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Mk12 Mod H:

MK12 Mod DD:

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I want a mk12 mod 1, but form factor of a mod H. Someone call Reed to make more rails.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

THAT ISN'T AN ACTUAL Mk12 ... AGAIN ... DD's Mk12 SHARE NOTHING WITH THE MK12 GUNS EXCEPT THE GAS BLOCK FROM THE MK12 program ... good grief you and some others are uneducated about the Mk12 platform ...

DD slapped the Mk12 engraving on those for marketing reasons for the uneducated fools to buy their SPR so that you can come on a board and the range and tout you have a Mk12 .... when you actually don't ... I can call a Glock a Mk12 and engrave it ... doesn't make it an actual Mk12 ...

You trying to pawn that DD Mk12 off as an actual and proper clone correct Mk12 is a slap in the face to all the people that maliciously cloned Mk12 Mod 0s and Mod 1s ... shame on you ...

Now ... you can say its a Mk12 type rifle but truly its just an 18" SPR build by DD .... nothing more nothing less ... except you do get the Mk12 roll mark which WASNT even present on MK12 guns ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me how that is a clone correct and proper Mk12 by DD ... do it ... you will fail ... for one ... DD never had a hand in building and spec'ing out Mk12s accept the gas block ... they never built a Mk12 ... they decided to make an 18" rifle gas gun and slap the Mk12 monicker on it because ... marketing and sales for the uneducated ... some of you are proving to be such regarding DD's Mk12 (again, not a bad gun but that gun is a far cry from a proper Mk12).

The barrel isn't even Mk12 spec ... lower isn't ... stock isn't ... handguard isn't ... charging handle isn't ... pistol grip isn't ... safety isn't ... EVERYTHING about the DD Mk12 except the gas block is not a proper Mk12 ...

What PSA is about to roll out is more of a Mk12 than DD ever dreamt of being a Mk12 ...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147863/D429CC8E-5431-4856-AD25-16B75AC5B34C-2921483.jpg

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I’m 100% shot posting with tongue firmly in cheek. They look the part and if it’s at a price point people associate with PSA it’s going to be a great option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m 100% shot posting with tongue firmly in cheek. They look the part and if it’s at a price point people associate with PSA it’s going to be a great option.

I figured, but you just know there are going to be those rivet-counters who just HAVE to point out how the stipling on the Retro Ergo grips is incorrect. I like clones and cloning, but that's a level of autism I can't get to.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Do we have any decent reports of the AR10 Sabre M110 clone they put out in terms of accuracy?  Curious what this Sabre line is capable of doing.  

A 3moa Mk12, even at a decent price...meh.

PSA needs this thing to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Depending on the price I'm in.

But I really want a mod 1, but the fucking KAC rails are impossible to find now, as are the ARMS rails.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT ISN'T AN ACTUAL Mk12 ... AGAIN ... DD's Mk12 SHARE NOTHING EXCEPT THE GAS BLOCK FROM THE MK12 program ... good grief you and some others are uneducated about the Mk12 platform ...

DD slapped the Mk12 engraving on those for marketing reasons for uneducated fools to buy their SPR ... I can call a Glock a Mk12 and engrave it ... doesn't make it an actual Mk12 ...

U mad bro? I don’t think DD could just put Mk12 on the receiver if it wasn’t an actual Mk12, that would be stolen valor or something.

Stolen valor ... on a gun ... please ... it isn't an actual Mk12 ... not one bit ... do your research and come back ... if anything people calling their DD Mk12 guns as proper clone Mk12 would be stolen valor ... DD Mk12 guns were never ever never ever never ever ever ever issued in any capacity ... again ... except the gas block ...

Mk is simply designations that the military provides for adopted/issued platforms ... people and businesses have misused the Mk designations left and right for self fulfilling pride or marketing so the product sells ...

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yet here you are … so macho … 6’5 245lbs that exercises everyday. Now why was that info provided if you yourself don’t think that you are a tough one … seriously … are you planning to use physical force of all your brute 6’5 245lbs on someone for their speech whether you agree with that speech or not … then premeditating about it by asking them to go see you and providing them a plane ticket … good luck … I’m not the one without a brain …
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet here you are … so macho … 6’5 245lbs that exercises everyday. Now why was that info provided if you yourself don’t think that you are a tough one … seriously … are you planning to use physical force of all your brute 6’5 245lbs on someone for their speech whether you agree with that speech or not … then premeditating about it by asking them to go see you and providing them a plane ticket … good luck … I’m not the one without a brain …

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Do you no see the A.R.M.S. mount or that pistol grip? Where’s the outrage? Did Subpar buy your complicity for $24? Are you going to accept the DD Mk12 now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Depending on the price I'm in.

But I really want a mod 1, but the fucking KAC rails are impossible to find now, as are the ARMS rails.
View Quote

@Seatbelts
Indeed?
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#45]
The purist cloner fags are out in full force they will literally argue about anything. I have posted pics of my actual colt m4 in a clone thread and someone argued about the grip that was on it. I’m in for one close enough for poor people work.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Nice.

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@cameront23

I know there's probably no definitive answer to these questions yet, but I have to ask...
1) Estimated release timeframe?
2) Estimated MSRP?

Thanks! This is gonna be a hot one!
View Quote

We are going to have this next month probably 2nd week of September. The complete rifle is going to be around the 1700 mark where uppers will be lower than that. We will also have 14.5” options as uppers and rifles as well with different suppressor mounting capabilities.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Do we have any decent reports of the AR10 Sabre M110 clone they put out in terms of accuracy?  Curious what this Sabre line is capable of doing.  

A 3moa Mk12, even at a decent price...meh.

PSA needs this thing to shoot.
View Quote

Here is a thread from Reddit if ya want to see it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AR10/comments/15lqlgn/palmetto_state_mock110_range_update_v2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1

We are also planning on launching another version that will be the Sabre-10 “SS” which will have a match grade barrel in it that will be a little more expensive.

The barrel going in the MK12 is an MOA barrel with match grade ammo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We are going to have this next month probably 2nd week of September. The complete rifle is going to be around the 1700 mark where uppers will be lower than that. We will also have 14.5” options as poppers and rifles as well with different suppressor mounting capabilities.
View Quote

PSA absolutely crushing it with this one. I love the PRI hand guard in appearance and functionality. They’ll sell a boatload of all the variants.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here is a thread from Reddit if ya want to see it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AR10/comments/15lqlgn/palmetto_state_mock110_range_update_v2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1

We are also planning on launching another version that will be the Sabre-10 “SS” which will have a match grade barrel in it that will be a little more expensive.

The barrel going in the MK12 is an MOA barrel with math grade ammo.
View Quote

Clone correct accuracy.

I swore I didn’t need anything AR in 5.56 but a 14.5” is going to be hard to pass on.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top