Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#2]
PUBG because...

FN looks like a cartoon. Can't stand that.
PUBG has first person, which is what I prefer.
PUBG gives me a rush that no other game can.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PUBG because...

FN looks like a cartoon. Can't stand that.
PUBG has first person, which is what I prefer.
PUBG gives me a rush that no other game can.
View Quote
Yup.

PUBG is so fucking intense.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pubg has a cool team death match event running this weekend that is way more accessible than the battle Royale mode.
I hope they keep it because I can't spend thirty minutes looting and then die in the second shootout.

Haven't tried fortnite but I had about given up playing pubg due to the time commitment.
View Quote
Didn't know about that, I'll have to get on and try it out. I got kind of burned out and haven't touched it for a while.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#5]
PUBG.

Fortnite is for peasants.

Steam Id: kid_sampson
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Fortnite is for fags.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:06:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I spend my spare money on guns and gun accessories, so I am not willing to upgrade my shitty laptop to a gaming PC. If PUBG were on PS4 it would definitely be superior, but until then Fortnite.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:44:04 AM EDT
[#8]
It's kind of a wash for me when choosing.

PUBG is in my opinion the better game, but it has a less than stellar developer making it. Whereas at face value fortnite isn't as good of a game, but epic is really good at what they do so it's a MUCH more polished experience.

I play PUBG if I've got time, fortnite if I'm looking for something a bit quicker.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:49:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

PUBG is in my opinion the better game, but it has a less than stellar developer making it. Whereas at face value fortnite isn't as good of a game, but epic is really good at what they do so it's a MUCH more polished experience.

I play PUBG if I've got time, fortnite if I'm looking for something a bit quicker.
View Quote
The graphics difference and size of map probably makes it a lot easier to run Fortnite smoothly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 2:26:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The graphics difference and size of map probably makes it a lot easier to run Fortnite smoothly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It definitely helps but that’s not the only reason. I mean even something as simple as the friends list is still buggy in PUBG. The game is a ton of fun, but it’s an absolute mess.

I play way more PUBG, but I have been shifting to more fortnite recently. I’m looking forward to their 50v50 event coming up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#11]
PUBG Mobile for me. Just got done with a team match and got a chicken dinner. We had a pretty intense firefight across a river with another team but we managed to flank their asses and kill them. Look me up ingame Fundido Jones.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Rocket League.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You get what you pay for with Fortnite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fortnight is free, pubg asks you to pay to help beta test.

So fortnight is better
You get what you pay for with Fortnite.
Actually, fortnite crashes less.

Games are quicker, map is smaller, and you play running simulator less because of it on fortnite.

Gameplay is functionally the same except building stuff, and I prefer destructible environments.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#14]
PUBG

Fortnite is for children

Add me on Xbox! My gamertag is O Hoyle Rules
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Neither

I can't wait until they go the way of MOBAs
View Quote
By having more views than the superbowl at worlds last year ?(ref: league of legends had more views of worlds than the superbowl 2017)
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I tried PUBG on my xbox and the performance sucked.  From what I've seen of Fortnite, I like it.  Wish it was just shooting and no building stuff.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#17]
You can be John Wick in fortnite!
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#18]
PUBG for sure!

Fornite is fun I'll give it that (and free I guess,) but PUBG is way more intense and realistic.  The adrenaline rushes and the stress of a good PUBG match is unparalleled by anything else.

Actually there are times where I'm so jacked up from hours of PUBG that I will play Fortnite to calm down and get relaxed again.

Fortnite = Fun and relaxing

PUBG = Stressful and intense
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#19]
They are incredibly different games, its hard to even compare them directly to each other aside from the same loose concept of 1v100. I play both fairly often and enjoy both for different reasons.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
PUBG for sure!

Fornite is fun I'll give it that (and free I guess,) but PUBG is way more intense and realistic.  The adrenaline rushes and the stress of a good PUBG match is unparalleled by anything else.

Actually there are times where I'm so jacked up from hours of PUBG that I will play Fortnite to calm down and get relaxed again.

View Quote
For me Fortnite is more frustrating than anything else.

It just gives off an annoying vibe. Especially with the goofy-ass graphics.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I was excited for pubg on xbox, but it was disappointing to me because the shooting is nothing like I would have expected.  Instead of being smooth like battlefield, or COD, its more like a roblox game.  The shooting sucks and it difficult.  And I fucking suck.

I like FN more because its smooth.  But I hate the building aspect.  And I hate that there's so many people jumping around.  Kind of like the reason I could never play Halo.  Too many people are way too good at jumping around.  You can't hit shit and they kill you instantly.  I just like easy games, so neither one are for me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a PS4 so fortnight, also I like the building and destructible environment aspect.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Love pubg, wish it ran as smooth as fortnite though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#24]
PUBG for adults
Fortnite for middle schoolers
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Soooo.... yea. Just found out about Fortnite (from kids) and downloaded it on our PS4 for my son (who's 8). I tried my hand at it (hardcore battlefield player) and it's fun but annoying as hell.

Good squad = fun!
Screaming 5 year olds in your squad = want to blow my brains out.

I figured I get a screaming 5-8 year old in my squad about 60% of the time, and get in a "good" squad about 10% of the time.

My 8 year old (pretty mature and has his own AR in real life) thinks most of the people are morons in the game, but is obsessed with getting a John Wick skin.

-ZA
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fortnite is for faggots, Commies, and virgins.  So that kind of makes it an obvious choice.
View Quote
But, I see you playing PUBG all the time..

Pretty sure you fall into at least one of those three categories.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I like it better in team play. If you get someone decent on your team who lives it's fun.
View Quote
I feel like it's best in duo's.  You get a little backup but you can still drop pretty much anywhere on the map and still get OK enough loot.

Plus it mitigates some of the games BS (you get knocked instead of insta die when the bike glitches and flings you 200 yards)
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fortnite is for faggots, Commies, and virgins.  So that kind of makes it an obvious choice.

I wasn't in the Marines nor am I an LEO so therefore I am none of those.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
PUBG for sure!

View Quote
Ya! Totally agree. Just had an Intense game
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Neither

View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#31]
My teens play FN and PubG on Xbox and I observe. I love watching them play, and coaching them, but after a 10-yr CoD PC addiction (was in a big clan and competed) -- but I won't pick up the sticks and play again. I must say I did get tired of watching them play FN after only a week. While from a design / play perspective FN excels in being the much smoother of the two. So being sick of FN I paid the $30 for them to DL PubG and got them into playing it. After watching some of the twitch players like a Shroud play PubG on a PC (vids on YouTube), there is simply no way the Xbox gameplay can compare. It barely can keep up with the graphics and the looting / picking up loot is not very intuitive. But it's still fun to watch them play. Just not sure how realistic them winning a match on Xbox in PubG is. Much easier to win on FN on Xbox IMHO.

BTW, rumor is the game creators are doing away with Titled on FN after tonight. So go drop Tilted tonight while you still can boys!
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#32]
No clue what this thread is about, I was hoping that there were pics that I would have a chance of guessing WTF its about.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My teens play FN and PubG on Xbox and I observe. I love watching them play, and coaching them, but after a 10-yr CoD PC addiction (was in a big clan and competed) -- but I won't pick up the sticks and play again. I must say I did get tired of watching them play FN after only a week. While from a design / play perspective FN excels in being the much smoother of the two. So being sick of FN I paid the $30 for them to DL PubG and got them into playing it. After watching some of the twitch players like a Shroud play PubG on a PC (vids on YouTube), there is simply no way the Xbox gameplay can compare. It barely can keep up with the graphics and the looting / picking up loot is not very intuitive. But it's still fun to watch them play. Just not sure how realistic them winning a match on Xbox in PubG is. Much easier to win on FN on Xbox IMHO.

BTW, rumor is the game creators are doing away with Titled on FN after tonight. So go drop Tilted tonight while you still can boys!
View Quote
I wonder why they are changing Tilted, it’s probably the most popular spots.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 3:19:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neither

This.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 4:06:54 AM EDT
[#35]
PUBG questions:

First-person only servers with no chance of third-person cheat?

No crosshairs servers?

Servers requiring using sights for accuracy? (Hip shooting accurately modeled as spraying wildly)

Are there servers with no kill cams, no indicators of who killed whom, or even if you killed someone or just wounded them?

Can you lean, lie down? Lean whilst lying down?

Can you swim underwater?

Can you repel, use grappling hooks?

Is the environment destructible? (Shooting through/destroying walls, blowing mouseholes betwixt rooms, etc.)
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 4:23:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
PUBG questions:

Yes.

No crosshairs servers?

No.

Servers requiring using sights for accuracy? (Hip shooting accurately modeled as spraying wildly)

All of them. This isn't FN.

Are there servers with no kill cams, no indicators of who killed whom, or even if you killed someone or just wounded them?

No.

Yes, yes. No.

Can you swim underwater?

Yes.

No.

Is the environment destructible? (Shooting through/destroying walls, blowing mouseholes betwixt rooms, etc.)

No.
View Quote
Sounds like you would prefer ArmA III
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 4:52:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fool me once. I purchased ArmA before. It is great for making videos, however the gameplay was horrendously clunky. I also tired of turning into a seagull.

I used to love the early versions of Project Reality. An updated version of PR would be the cat's pajamas.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PUBG questions:

Yes.

No crosshairs servers?

No.

All of them. This isn't FN.

No.

Yes, yes. No.

Can you swim underwater?

Yes.

No.

No.
There's still cheats on first person...just not as rampant as third.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#39]
PUBG

Fortnite is the child’s version of PUBG. My 7 year old loves it, but doesn’t like PUBG.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There's still cheats on first person...just not as rampant as third.
View Quote
I believe he was referring to getting peaked from behind cover due to the nature of third person.

I know an anti-cheat/cheat developer and believe me, you can never escape cheats.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top