User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spent two summers working for AAFES back when I was in college.  The stories I could tell...........

.....about the soldiers who shopped there!

Waiting.....

Just an overview;

Most of the work I did was out of a tractor trailer that ran on generator power.  Each morning and end of the day I would have to fill the generators to keep them going.  Cant have our boys and girls drinking luke warm drinks.  

Anyway, most soldiers were out on 2-4 weeks large scale war games training which incorporated live fire exercises and the laser tag hardware.  It would amaze me the special requests I would get to bring things out to the trailer for purchase.

I dont know how people go on 2+ weeks of training and dont have normal shit.  Being 19 and have women try and explain what tampons or pads they need.  Had a woman who didnt pack a bra in her gear.  Guys who only had two pairs of underwear and desperately needed more.  General fucking hilarity.  Many people missing crucial pieces of gear or uniforms: belts, boot laces (yep walked in with duck taped boots), socks, hats.

Then there were those who couldnt go two weeks in the woods without their magazines, candy, special fucking drinks, CDs, you name it.

The best was when people would try and get me to bring condoms on the sly, one guy actually passed me a note trying to be discrete.

I'm having a real hard time understanding this "story."

Firstly.........These people who go on training are usually limited in what they can pack.  After they pack all of their mandatory gear, personal necessities are limited.  My wife just went TDY, could only bring one bag, and was told to wear her uniform for travel so she could save space in her bag.  She had to do laundry every night.

Secondly.......You're working at a convenience store.  What did you expect to sell other than magazines and candy?  Oh, a guy broke his boot laces and needed a spare?  Sorry that he didn't bring a spare pair of fucking shoe laces in his single duffel bag for 2 weeks of training.  

Poor you and your job at AAFES.  Ring the shit up, do your job, and quit bitching about what you don't know.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We had an ACE hardware hadjimart on Victory.

If you mean the big one out by ECP 14 that shared a parking lot with the 5.11 store I think they actually had some connection to the real ACE hardware.  I have run into ACE stores in some of the oddest places like Mindanao and Kuwait, so one on Camp Victory wouldn't surprise me a bit, shit we had everything else there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spent two summers working for AAFES back when I was in college.  The stories I could tell...........

.....about the soldiers who shopped there!

Waiting.....

Just an overview;

Most of the work I did was out of a tractor trailer that ran on generator power.  Each morning and end of the day I would have to fill the generators to keep them going.  Cant have our boys and girls drinking luke warm drinks.  

Anyway, most soldiers were out on 2-4 weeks large scale war games training which incorporated live fire exercises and the laser tag hardware.  It would amaze me the special requests I would get to bring things out to the trailer for purchase.

I dont know how people go on 2+ weeks of training and dont have normal shit.  Being 19 and have women try and explain what tampons or pads they need.  Had a woman who didnt pack a bra in her gear.  Guys who only had two pairs of underwear and desperately needed more.  General fucking hilarity.  Many people missing crucial pieces of gear or uniforms: belts, boot laces (yep walked in with duck taped boots), socks, hats.

Then there were those who couldnt go two weeks in the woods without their magazines, candy, special fucking drinks, CDs, you name it.

The best was when people would try and get me to bring condoms on the sly, one guy actually passed me a note trying to be discrete.

Other than the regular convenience store BS, it sounds like a MOB site for reserve component folks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top