Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Consider this: is there any policy or cause pushed by the DNC in general and the Biden administration in specific that is not awful for America and American citizens?  If not, then why does this one get a pass without even being allowed to question its utility?
View Quote

Biden can eat a dick.  I am in the fuck em all camp.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This thread reads just like a Twitter post on Ukraine. I think you're all bots
View Quote

Starting to look that ways isn’t it?

Same 20-25 dudes arguing in every thread rehashing the same links and accusations at each other.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's certainly an interesting way to spin the history.

And neither NATO nor the EU really come into play with Ukraine, outside of Russian claims of the insecurity either if their further expansion into Ukraine might cause. For that to be accepted, it would be hard to also accept that "impotent toothless tiger" perception and then latch on to the EU by proxy.

The institutions that are more at play here relate to the UN in general (which has been all but worthless in such matters, save for the one time China still can't forget, in Korea), the CSCE/OSCE/ODIHR, the Budapest Memorandum, all of which Russia has been a major player in from their founding. The issue isn't one of stopping Russian expansionism - as they clearly have not, the issue is one of the consequences of such expansionism - to include sanctions and political support as well as military contributions.

The military contributions from third parties bit is, I would argue the least significant aspect here as China is not facing anything akin to a NATO or EU and associated politics, just the military and political/diplomatic/economic might of one country, the U.S. It's that one country whose resolve and competence in those categories they must now judge in relation to Ukraine, something that must also judge in relation to the diplomatic and economic reaction of other major players as a result of Russian actions.

Based on this, the argument the U.S. should do less because "China" strikes me as horribly unsound at best, or quite "useful" at worst.
View Quote
And yet you sidestep.

By your own admission the institutions that should have prevented Russian imperialist adventurism in Ukraine failed to do so.

Those institutions are moribund.  The traditional core plankholders are somnambulant or have checked out.

The muscle is provided by the US, and our national will is flabby.  Our military is focused on critical race theory & diversity,- not war fighting.  We have failed to have a viable national mission executable by our armed forces in every conflict since Panama.  Lloyd Austin & Fat Boy Miley, under the inspiring leadership of Dear President couldn't organize Drag Queen Story Hour in the Castro District.

This isn't an interesting take in history.  It is a frank appraisal.  And these Top Men geniuses and their idiot Party cadres have blundered us into potential nuclear war.  We are handicapped lions led by retarded sheep.

And China sees it.  Thank God China has its own internal issues.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

EDIT: I care. Personally because Russia is an enemy of ours. I think Russia is in the wrong for invading and especially the indiscriminate terror bombing going on. Therefore I'm rooting for Ukraine as I think they're nowhere near as bad as Russia.
View Quote

I care, too.  I'm actually rooting for Ukraine, too.

Russia IS in the wrong, but the west did nothing to help this, and in reality was poking the bear.  

Biden says Ukraine membership in NATO is in their hands

BTW, did we notice that Putin didn't try this shit when he-who-shall-not-be-named-but-orange-man-bad was in office?  

I'm just sick of the shit stain politicians...sorry, let's call them what they are....war pigs.  I am sick and tired of the war pigs feeding from the trough of war on the bodies of soldiers & innocent civilians.

That's why, even though I am American and believe we need to stay the F out of this shit, I AM rooting for the Ukrainian people.  I know I have cousins and whatnot there, and I don't like seeing any innocent people suffer.  The Ukrainian government, on the other hand....well, I have lots of questions and doubts.

Here's an easy one for starters.  Knowing what they know from history, why didn't the Ukrainian government take more action to prepare themselves and their people against this potential, almost inevitable, attack by Russia well in advance?  Is it possible there were backroom deals made wherein certain people now in positions of power in the U.S. government said they would support Ukraine if hostilities with Russia broke out?  After all, those same people have a lot riding on a narrative of just how terrible Putin and Russia are while turning a relative blind eye to China.

I am so sick of war it can't be overstated.  Anyone who has been there and done that who isn't a total psychopath knows what I mean.  I don't feel we needed to send 23 BILLION to Ukraine while the Biden administration is telling our military members to sign up for a EBT card (foodstamps).

Bidenomics: Soldiers on SNAP

All the side deals Biden et al. had with the Ukrainian government are really paying off now...funny how that works.  

In the end, the Ukrainian people need to fight to defend their own country, AND take back their government.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Let an exile Russian explain it to you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0KWA_ItYpE

ETA: If you were the type who thought Q-ANON might have had something to it during the run-up to 2020, then you especially might want to watch the video.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is the most corrupt country in Europe, Zelensky is the fraud in charge. They are poking the bear with Russia and now will FAFO.

I don't care what happens there, wy should I? This is another reason for Biden to send them Billions of my tax money.

ETA: If you were the type who thought Q-ANON might have had something to it during the run-up to 2020, then you especially might want to watch the video.

Wow. Finally sat and listened to the whole thing. That man is far more than just an exile, he has been paying a lot of attention and has a very deep understanding of political psychology.

It's also funny now to listen to that and read some of the subsequent posts.

His term for the globohomo thing as a "political technology" is very insightful.

Also useful, I would think, for some here to hear the larger context of Putin's annexation speech. So many of the usual sources here in the U.S. left out the apologetics for Cold War era Communist expansionism to maintain the "Russia as freedom defender" narrative (of course, at the same time, the popularity of the Soviet propaganda even from the '60s and '70s has grown among the American Right).
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And yet you sidestep.

By your own admission the institutions that should have prevented Russian imperialist adventurism in Ukraine failed to do so.

Those institutions are moribund.  The traditional core plankholders are somnambulant or have checked out.

The muscle is provided by the US, and our national will is flabby.  Our military is focused on critical race theory & diversity,- not war fighting.  We have failed to have a viable national mission executable by our armed forces in every conflict since Panama.  Lloyd Austin & Fat Boy Miley, under the inspiring leadership of Dear President couldn't organize Drag Queen Story Hour in the Castro District.

This isn't an interesting take in history.  It is a frank appraisal.  And these Top Men geniuses and their idiot Party cadres have blundered us into potential nuclear war.  We are handicapped lions led by retarded sheep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's certainly an interesting way to spin the history.

And neither NATO nor the EU really come into play with Ukraine, outside of Russian claims of the insecurity either if their further expansion into Ukraine might cause. For that to be accepted, it would be hard to also accept that "impotent toothless tiger" perception and then latch on to the EU by proxy.

The institutions that are more at play here relate to the UN in general (which has been all but worthless in such matters, save for the one time China still can't forget, in Korea), the CSCE/OSCE/ODIHR, the Budapest Memorandum, all of which Russia has been a major player in from their founding. The issue isn't one of stopping Russian expansionism - as they clearly have not, the issue is one of the consequences of such expansionism - to include sanctions and political support as well as military contributions.

The military contributions from third parties bit is, I would argue the least significant aspect here as China is not facing anything akin to a NATO or EU and associated politics, just the military and political/diplomatic/economic might of one country, the U.S. It's that one country whose resolve and competence in those categories they must now judge in relation to Ukraine, something that must also judge in relation to the diplomatic and economic reaction of other major players as a result of Russian actions.

Based on this, the argument the U.S. should do less because "China" strikes me as horribly unsound at best, or quite "useful" at worst.
And yet you sidestep.

I genuinely don't understand your point.

Yes, the U.N. failed catastrophically time and time again to prevent Russian adventurism and bullshit that led to Transnistria, Nagorno-Karabakh, "The Donbass," and so on. Yes, the OSCE proved all but worthless (though did effectively gather a lot of data to help persuade many third parties) by even allowing Russia to descend politically to where it is now and to not prevent any conflict.

Your asserting this does nothing to counter any claim, as I have seen nobody claim otherwise.

The issue seems to be, after diplomatic failure after failure, do you just say " fuck it, if we couldn't stop it earlier it's not worth stopping," or do you finally act when Russia's actions have become so undeniable grievous there is finally the political to do something?

How would our letting Ukraine fall into Russian hands signal to China that a grab for Taiwan isn't worth the effort? You've genuinely lost me here.

Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why don't you give a flying fuck about your ally killing civilians in Yemen, or about your ally killing civilians in Armenia though ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wat? What kind of red herring argument is that? One thing has nothing to do with the other, no matter which viewpoint you have.

While you are correct about the first part, just because our .gov is corrupt automatically means we can't help stop an enemy from killing civilians? I don't get your point.

Why don't you give a flying fuck about your ally killing civilians in Yemen, or about your ally killing civilians in Armenia though ?

The United States has gotten real cozy with some real shitty regimes.  Why did we cover up Saudi involvement in 9/11, but to this day still sell them arms and training?  To your other point, while in the CENTCOM AOR, we had to watch helplessly as the Turks went cross border and bombed the shit out of the Kurdish Peshmerga, or at least that's what they said. Reality is they usually killed the civilian populace.  

Oh, as an aside, do yourself a favor...never fly with a Turkish pilot at the controls.  Closest I ever came to pulling the handles and punching out.

CIVCAS on the U.S. side is also a much bigger problem than most people realize.  The advent of the UCAV has, quite honestly, been more of a double-edged sword than any could have possibly imagined.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And yet you sidestep.

View Quote

The above is absolutely, incontrovertibly true.  100%.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just chill and enjoy the combat footage we are getting.
US taxpayers are paying about 1 billion dollars a minute for it, may as well enjoy it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Very true... My give a fuck-o-meter only registers when there are dead RUS or smokin hot UKR women with guns on display.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Starting to look that ways isn’t it?

Same 20-25 dudes arguing in every thread rehashing the same links and accusations at each other.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I genuinely don't understand your point.

Yes, the U.N. failed catastrophically time and time again to prevent Russian adventurism and bullshit that led to Transnistria, Nagorno-Karabakh, "The Donbass," and so on. Yes, the OSCE proved all but worthless (though did effectively gather a lot of data to help persuade many third parties) by even allowing Russia to descend politically to where it is now and to not prevent any conflict.

Your asserting this does nothing to counter any claim, as I have seen nobody claim otherwise.

The issue seems to be, after diplomatic failure after failure, do you just say " fuck it, if we couldn't stop it earlier it's not worth stopping," or do you finally act when Russia's actions have become so undeniable grievous there is finally the political to do something?

How would our letting Ukraine fall into Russian hands signal to China that a grab for Taiwan isn't worth the effort? You've genuinely lost me here.

View Quote
My point is simple.

We, the United States of America, are in no condition to engage in sabre rattling jingoism.  We can't cash the checks (militarily) that our clueless globalist politicians are writing.  And we can't afford it.

Our "traditional" Western European allies are sandbagging their commitment to those European institutions (and I never mentioned the useless UN or the OSCE - I critiqued NATO) you yourself said should have deterred Russian imperialism.  A vibrant, strong NATO would have done so.

The Biden-Harris regime is incompetent & ideologically disastrous.  You want to engage in a nuclear exchange or a Sino-American confrontation with these clowns in charge?

We, the USA, are floundering around.  To expect any opponent actor - state or non-state to be oblivious to that is naive.  

This was all predictable.  Fixing it will take years.

Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Nobody should care about Ukraine or Russia, and no American should care about anyone outside of our borders until our troubles at home are handled.

Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It is the most corrupt country in Europe, Zelensky is the fraud in charge. They are poking the bear with Russia and now will FAFO.

I don't care what happens there, wy should I? This is another reason for Biden to send them Billions of my tax money.
View Quote

I cant explain to you why you should cause I kinda dont want to support ukraine financially. If a country cant stand on its own 2 feet, is it really a country? That’s not really my main reason it has more to do with the biden money thing with them and the fact the west propped up their current government.

But, some more liberal leaning members here could absolutely explain why you should. (Just dont imagine them having green hair wile they do(I do)).
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been very outspoken here about Armenia and the travesty that the world has turned their back on them for the past 100 years. Same with the Kurds. Fuck Turkey to hell and back. If I was supreme leader they'd be the first to find out.

Yemen...well to be frank I don't care at all about the religion of peace that created their own issues. Sorry, not sorry.  UA didn't do anything at all to antagonize Russia. Apples to Oranges comparisson.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Have I missed the "$40 billion is just a drop in the bucket" crowd?
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Have I missed the "$40 billion is just a drop in the bucket" crowd?
View Quote

Because you’ve only been around a short time?
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I keep seeing people say "Russia is our enemy" and "Russia is the #2 threat to the US behind China".

How so, exactly?  They couldn't successfully invade the US if WE provided the fucking transport.  Judging by their UKR performance, they would get exactly 10 miles inland and be WIPED OUT by civilians and cops.

They simply aren't a physical threat.

Unless you count their nukes.

Well, if you count that as THE threat posed to us by Russia, then the current thing makes no sense because we are increasing the nuclear threat with out interventions, not reducing it.

Hmmm.  How about economic threat?

I keep seeing that their GDP is about the same as the State of Vermont.  They are having a population implosion.  Their industries are known for poor QC and poor output.  

So, no, they aren't an economic threat.

That leaves social/cultural.

They are allegedly "Commies".  That isn't an issue, because those who control the United States are also Communists.

What else?

They are a misogynistic, Orthodox Christian nation with primarily Christian traditions.  They are anti LGBT, anti Muslim, and anti-Globalist.  They are extremely nationalist.  

That is the only way they could possibly considered a "threat" and that is only a threat to the Ruling Left.

What am I missing?  
View Quote

You are missing that China requires food and energy imports to wage war on the US.  Russia can provide those.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Because you’ve only been around a short time?
View Quote

Nah, I just didn't bother to read through this whole thread.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This is WHY we are where we are today, people.

No one has the time, patience, or attention span beyond that of a fruit fly to actually study a subject and debate it, long form, based on facts and logic.

Just listen to Fox News, CNN, or your favorite psuedo-intellectual talking head and regurgitate their pre-programmed horseshit.

Don't do the scholarship. Don't read books on how the United States has injected itself in multiple 'police actions' since WWII never to win but always to provide the military-industrial complex with a reason to be.  Don't study both sides of the conflict, and try to understand beyond the propaganda machine what is actually happening.  

Just tell the other guy TL;DR, say you don't have the time/desire to make counterpoints when, in reality, you don't have the ability to actually do so.

This intellectual laziness is what the powers that be are counting on.  

Congratulations, you've played yourselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You wrote damn near an essay. I have no desire to go line by line and prove each false hood.

This is WHY we are where we are today, people.

No one has the time, patience, or attention span beyond that of a fruit fly to actually study a subject and debate it, long form, based on facts and logic.

Just listen to Fox News, CNN, or your favorite psuedo-intellectual talking head and regurgitate their pre-programmed horseshit.

Don't do the scholarship. Don't read books on how the United States has injected itself in multiple 'police actions' since WWII never to win but always to provide the military-industrial complex with a reason to be.  Don't study both sides of the conflict, and try to understand beyond the propaganda machine what is actually happening.  

Just tell the other guy TL;DR, say you don't have the time/desire to make counterpoints when, in reality, you don't have the ability to actually do so.

This intellectual laziness is what the powers that be are counting on.  

Congratulations, you've played yourselves.

I don’t have cable. No cable news for me.

I do read quite a bit. It’s just not a ton about politics or whatever genre you would classify books like War is a Racket.

I choose to focus my attention on things I can affect and control.

Also the odds of either of us changing each other minds are slim.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nobody should care about Ukraine or Russia, and no American should care about anyone outside of our borders until our troubles at home are handled.

View Quote

Very well stated.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#21]
To put everything in perspective the average American is more likely to die in a car wreck or shot to death by another American than get hurt by either a Russian or a Chinese.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I’m late but my opinion is America wanted to play Team America World Police so now we pretty much have to help. We interfered in far smaller conflicts but now we shouldn’t in this much bigger conflict? Everything just sucks and sucks even more because of nukes, but we can’t just do nothing given our history.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not sure if serious, but found it humorous either way. The lions and jackals of the keyboard warrior and armchair general set.
View Quote

@ nophun
And what qualifies you to be the arbiter of who can be free and who shouldn't? Talk about an armchair general. What a joke you are.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This Carnegie Endowment article  says that as of July 2014 existing contracts would be honored (this bears that out ).  Otherwise the internet is devoid of references to Ukrainian arms sales to Russia - but interestingly they are still selling arms  to other countries.

Notice that China is Ukraine's biggest arms customer .  39% of sales.  Russia was 13%.

As a primary arms supplier to China, in that sense, Ukraine is the accomplice of our major competitor.

View Quote

Notice the sales are reflected prior to the war. The article was written March. It also doesn't reflect what was sold. It's all a nothing burger.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I keep seeing people say "Russia is our enemy" and "Russia is the #2 threat to the US behind China".

How so, exactly?  They couldn't successfully invade the US if WE provided the fucking transport.  Judging by their UKR performance, they would get exactly 10 miles inland and be WIPED OUT by civilians and cops.

They simply aren't a physical threat.

Unless you count their nukes.

Well, if you count that as THE threat posed to us by Russia, then the current thing makes no sense because we are increasing the nuclear threat with out interventions, not reducing it.

Hmmm.  How about economic threat?

I keep seeing that their GDP is about the same as the State of Vermont.  They are having a population implosion.  Their industries are known for poor QC and poor output.  

So, no, they aren't an economic threat.

That leaves social/cultural.

They are allegedly "Commies".  That isn't an issue, because those who control the United States are also Communists.

What else?

They are a misogynistic, Orthodox Christian nation with primarily Christian traditions.  They are anti LGBT, anti Muslim, and anti-Globalist.  They are extremely nationalist.  

That is the only way they could possibly considered a "threat" and that is only a threat to the Ruling Left.

What am I missing?  
View Quote

We are not increasing our nuclear arsenal. As a matter of fact, about 2/3 of the warheads are outdated and in storage or awaiting being dismantled. According to Putin, Russia is increasing and upgrading its arsenal. Yes, a nuclear Russia is a very real threat, esp. since Putin is threatening to use them unless he gets what he wants.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Second most corrupt country. After Russia. And it appears that it was Russia that is fucking around and finding out. Did you see the Russian homos that got blown up mid blow job? How Russian is that?
View Quote

China says, hold my beer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The ongoing actions and multifaceted soft warfare China is conducting, to bring this country to it's knees, is unbelievably massive in its scale and unbelievably massive as an actual threat to America. No other country comes anywhere close.

To devote this ongoing concern over Russia/Ukraine while China gets back-burnered is absolutely moronic.

This country has ONE major geopolitical threat and that's China. Russia/Ukraine are nothing by comparison. Nothing.

The ongoing devotion and tunnel vision about Russia/Ukraine is mind boggling.

It would be like looking at the Axis powers in WWII and developing an obsession about all things Bulgaria, while Germany absolutely crushes all of Europe. Russia/Ukraine are distractions.
View Quote

Trump was focusing on China. The problem is he took his eyes off Russia. While our intelligence agencies are playing with domestic politics we are blinded to what these two enemies are doing. Since Putin took office, he has been working towards this moment to challenge America and NATO. Russia and China are playing a game of wack-a-mole with us. The solution is to use two hammers. While Russia has its sights on Europe and our allies there, China has its sights on the Pacific and our allies there. Biden was the perfect mark both countries were waiting for. Ukraine is the key to Putin's plans and Taiwan, is the key to China. What China and Russia were not prepared for was the economic chaos neither can stand up to, esp. while sanctions are eating a giant hole in Russia at the same time. Putin was betting on the invasion of Ukraine being over by now. Whoops.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Our troubles at home are beyond fixing any time soon.  Doesn't mean we should just let Europe fall apart leading to an eventual article 5 trigger and ww3.  Fighting Russia through Ukraine is vastly better than eventually needing to fight them ourselves.  We just need to give Ukraine weapons and money and they kick Russian ass.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Putin's minions want to bury the discussion.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Why should OP care?  Because you are paying for it through higher taxes and higher prices everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We are not bots, we are underscores.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread reads just like a Twitter post on Ukraine. I think you're all bots

We are not bots, we are underscores.

Yeah, actually agree, there are much simpler explanations available: a bunch of Q following BOOMERS were mentally broken when Trump lost in 2020, and now they've been curled into a ball and murmuring to themselves "anything Joe Biden does must be designed to trade cheese pizza at Bohemian Grove, it's all part of the Lizard People's plan to turn all the frogs GAY"!

I'm truly sorry you all have to come here because your grand kids won't talk to you anymore.

Oh, and:

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah, actually agree, there are much simpler explanations available: a bunch of Q following BOOMERS were mentally broken when Trump lost in 2020, and now they've been curled into a ball and murmuring to themselves "anything Joe Biden does must be designed to trade cheese pizza at Bohemian Grove, it's all part of the Lizard People's plan to turn all the frogs GAY"!

I'm truly sorry you all have to come here because your grand kids won't talk to you anymore.

Oh, and:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSE4LcgQiwQ
View Quote
Let me guess....you are Gandalf the white?
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Wow. Finally sat and listened to the whole thing. That man is far more than just an exile, he has been paying a lot of attention and has a very deep understanding of political psychology.

His term for the globohomo thing as a "political technology" is very insightful.

Also useful, I would think, for some here to hear the larger context of Putin's annexation speech. So many of the usual sources here in the U.S. left out the apologetics for Cold War era Communist expansionism to maintain the "Russia as freedom defender" narrative (of course, at the same time, the popularity of the Soviet propaganda even from the '60s and '70s has grown among the American Right).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Our troubles at home are beyond fixing any time soon.  Doesn't mean we should just let Europe fall apart leading to an eventual article 5 trigger and ww3.  Fighting Russia through Ukraine is vastly better than eventually needing to fight them ourselves.  We just need to give Ukraine weapons and money and they kick Russian ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The outcome of a Chaos engines is almost never results of the predicted.  It is as easy to say and equal chance that not getting involved triggers WWIII as to say getting involved will trigger it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Because they're whooping ass on a country that's been a thorn in our side for decades?
Enemy of my enemy and all that.
View Quote

They're "whooping ass" on china?

russia hasn't even been a pimple on our ass in decades.  

The russian military looks inept & feckless, the euro-weenies should be able to fund their own protection for once???
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Notice the sales are reflected prior to the war. The article was written March. It also doesn't reflect what was sold. It's all a nothing burger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This Carnegie Endowment article  says that as of July 2014 existing contracts would be honored (this bears that out ).  Otherwise the internet is devoid of references to Ukrainian arms sales to Russia - but interestingly they are still selling arms  to other countries.

Notice that China is Ukraine's biggest arms customer .  39% of sales.  Russia was 13%.

As a primary arms supplier to China, in that sense, Ukraine is the accomplice of our major competitor.

The chart link, however, shows that currently contracted defense items sales continued.  Russian vehicles used Ukrainian spare parts.

And Ukraine continued to sell "transport aircraft" and parts.  Mi-17s, helicopter engines, etc.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The Yemen conflict has caused all sorts of drama and falling out with the Saudis, complete with them making gestures towards Russia out of frustration with our withholding weapons sales.

The U.S. has done far more than Russian to resolves the recent attack in Armenia and rein in the Azerbaijanis. Meanwhile, the CSTO has been shown to be nothing more than a cynical tool of Russian foreign policy.

Do you have a point that doesn't undermine itself?
View Quote

LOL maybe you should read my post again and understand who I am talking to and what I am saying.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Because the Chinese are watching what happens.

In reality it doesn't matter about Russia or Ukraine but China is a threat to the world and they lust after TSMC.  If China were to take over Taiwan unopposed they would control computer chips and by consequence the world.  Defending Ukraine sends a message to China that we will oppose totalitarian militarists.  If they attack Taiwan they are betting the farm and may lose everything.  Better to spend billions defending Ukraine than to spend trillions fighting China.

That being said Ukraine and Russia should negotiate a ceasefire and make peace for everyone's benefit.
View Quote
Well it looks like the war in Ukraine is straining our ability to effectively prepare Taiwan for invasion.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/may/3/taiwan-warns-us-weapons-shipments-delays-due-war-u/
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Trump was focusing on China. The problem is he took his eyes off Russia. While our intelligence agencies are playing with domestic politics we are blinded to what these two enemies are doing. Since Putin took office, he has been working towards this moment to challenge America and NATO. Russia and China are playing a game of wack-a-mole with us. The solution is to use two hammers. While Russia has its sights on Europe and our allies there, China has its sights on the Pacific and our allies there. Biden was the perfect mark both countries were waiting for. Ukraine is the key to Putin's plans and Taiwan, is the key to China. What China and Russia were not prepared for was the economic chaos neither can stand up to, esp. while sanctions are eating a giant hole in Russia at the same time. Putin was betting on the invasion of Ukraine being over by now. Whoops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In what world is Russia not aware of/ prepared for sanctions? They were sanctioned in 2014 for their last invasion into Ukraine, sanctions Trump ended. There's no whack a mole, China is just an opportunistic ally buying Russian resources at rock bottom prices.

Quoted:
Well it looks like the war in Ukraine is straining our ability to effectively prepare Taiwan for invasion.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/may/3/taiwan-warns-us-weapons-shipments-delays-due-war-u/

China isn't doing anything. At present Taiwan is so critical to us for their semiconductors we would basically be forced to defend them or our economy grinds to a halt.
5-10 years from now, that's gonna change.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Oh, and:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Thanksgiving will be a busy day on GD.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Respectfully, I disagree with 100% of this.

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Oh, and:
View Quote

What post have I ever made that would indicate to you that your diatribe here applies to me?  Honestly curious.

Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

In what world is Russia not aware of/ prepared for sanctions? They were sanctioned in 2014 for their last invasion into Ukraine, sanctions Trump ended. There's no whack a mole, China is just an opportunistic ally buying Russian resources at rock bottom prices.
View Quote

Provide references to this.

Sanctions on Russia increased under Trump (e.g. Nordstream 2 sanctions).
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What post have I ever made that would indicate to you that your diatribe here applies to me?  Honestly curious.

View Quote

If the shoe does not fit, there is no need to wear it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you saying we should abandon one ally to save another?

Why not save both?
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 5:17:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why not save both?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not save both?

We have transferred significant levels of critical munitions to the Ukrainians even if people who didn’t know what the TMR was claimed we were only transferred obsolete weapons    

Because of industrial base issues,  inflation and requirements for those weapons to be in service 10 to 30 more years.   It's going to take years and cost significant amounts of money, in a time when the services are already saying they need more funds to both maintain combat readiness and prepare for the future.

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I support a proud people fighting like hell to stay free.

Ukrainians deserve our respect and admiration. I doubt we, as a nation, could match the cohesion and tenacity on display in Ukraine.
View Quote

Oh, fuck those people who have lost lives, limbs, family and their homeland fighting to keep commies from just marching in at will. You know, the Fed never prints enough of that paper money to help a struggling people fight for their survival. The FED only has enough of that paper cash to load up on pallets headed for Iran, or enough to throw out daily to illegals, or perpetuate generations of welfare bums, mail out to COVID stay-home-&-do nothing grifters, or to extend 2 years for I-don't-want-to-work unemployment benefits.... and other honorable FSArmy deeds that buys votes. LOL. But, "NO!" to people breaking their ass fighting commies. What a big surprise that 3/4 of the membership here taunts religion, considers sports, smoking dope, and the welfare of their dog more important then people knocking on our door begging for monetary help to keep up the good fight. Yea "FUCK THEM. I DON'T CARE".  

No, nobody is telling any of you to fight in Ukraine, so stop with that dishonest bullshit already. I honestly don't understand how some of you are so proud to verbally abuse and make humor of these people that have lost everything. It's really sick. I'd NOT be so proud to have such a callous and cold heart.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Oh, fuck those people who have lost lives, limbs, family and their homeland fighting to keep commies from just marching in at will. You know, the Fed never prints enough of that paper money to help a struggling people fight for their survival. The FED only has enough of that paper cash to load up on pallets headed for Iran, or enough to throw out daily to illegals, or perpetuate generations of welfare bums, mail out to COVID stay-home-&-do nothing grifters, or to extend 2 years for I-don't-want-to-work unemployment benefits.... and other honorable FSArmy deeds that buys votes. LOL. But, "NO!" to people breaking their ass fighting commies. What a big surprise that 3/4 of the membership here taunts religion, considers sports, smoking dope, and the welfare of their dog more important then people knocking on our door begging for monetary help to keep up the good fight. Yea "FUCK THEM. I DON'T CARE".  

No, nobody is telling any of you to fight in Ukraine, so stop with that dishonest bullshit already. I honestly don't understand how some of you are so proud to verbally abuse and make humor of these people that have lost everything. It's really sick. I'd NOT be so proud to have such a callous and cold heart.
View Quote

That's why I posted the LoTR/Denethor video. They sound exactly like that to me.

We can sit here all day and total up the taxpayer $$$ wasted in just the last couple years, and it dwarfs what we have sent to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We have transferred significant levels of critical munitions to the Ukrainians even if people who didn’t know what the TMR was claimed we were only transferred obsolete weapons    

Because of industrial base issues,  inflation and requirements for those weapons to be in service 10 to 30 more years.   It's going to take years and cost significant amounts of money, in a time when the services are already saying they need more funds to both maintain combat readiness and prepare for the future.

View Quote

Acknowledged, except that we (Congress) have been enjoying our "peace dividend" and using up or reducing our stock levels for decades sine 1989. And you know well that none of that stuff has an infinite shelf life either, or that the services ever stop asking for more money.

Considering just how the Navy did LCS, or how the Army did FCS, I am not sure how well those "investments" for the future were spent, at all.

Perhaps we will just get back to the levels of munitions and equipment that we should have had (especially if we ever expected to be somehow involved in a war ever again, rather than OCO's and other "forever wars").

Preaching to the choir here.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Acknowledged, except that we (Congress) have been enjoying our "peace dividend" and using up or reducing our stock levels for decades sine 1989. And you know well that none of that stuff has an infinite shelf life either, or that the services ever stop asking for more money.

Considering just how the Navy did LCS, or how the Army did FCS, I am not sure how well those "investments" for the future were spent, at all.

Perhaps we will just get back to the levels of munitions and equipment that we should have had (especially if we ever expected to be somehow involved in a war ever again, rather than OCO's and other "forever wars").

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The pre-existing shortages were not peace dividend related, but instead GWOT focus related.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top