BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:33:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd like to see how the Polish T72 upgrade would do against the Russians.

View Quote

It would probably get its shit wrecked, without tank vs tank even coming into it.

A conventional military deterrent has value, but it is simply not realistic for Poland to defeat Russia in a stand up conventional fight if Russia really wants to go there.     Poland needs to be giving some very serious thought to how to make such a conflict extremely painful and expensive for their opponents.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It would probably get its shit wrecked, without tank vs tank even coming into it.

A conventional military deterrent has value, but it is simply not realistic for Poland to defeat Russia in a stand up conventional fight if Russia really wants to go there.     Poland needs to be giving some very serious thought to how to make such a conflict extremely painful and expensive for their opponents.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Polish Frontier would be littered with burning Russian tanks if the Rodina invaded Polan.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:43:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Need to buy a thousand hiluxes and mount tow2b missiles and use them Syrian style.

Bundle of troops?

Tow it!

Bunker?

Tow it!

Truck driving along?

Tow it

Ask the Libyans how that worked out in the 80s.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:59:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:33:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Need to buy a thousand hiluxes and mount tow2b missiles and use them Syrian style.

Bundle of troops?

Tow it!

Bunker?

Tow it!

Truck driving along?

Tow it

Ask the Libyans how that worked out in the 80s.

View Quote

Hence why they ordered an additional thousand Spike-ERs.
BTW,their light truck has a funny name,the Honker

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:41:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Are the beryl mags compatible with SLR-106's?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:49:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Meanwhile in the United States more guns are sold in a single day.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:03:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes they are.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#10]
It would be an easy retraining.   AK platform to an AK platform

One of the same reasons the US picked the M14.  It was an easy change from the Garand.  Different  but if someone knew the Garand they could easily learn the M14.  The same for shooters and armorers
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm still confused about why Tapco was involved in the deal? Are there US parts on the rifle? I thought the Beryl was entirely produced in the Radom plant?

Edit: I now see that the tapco comments may be jokingly referring to the looks of the rifle. Which if so is hilarious. If not and tapco is involved in this deal, I have many follow up questions.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poland Creating 35K Militia Force to Fight 'Russian Threat'

Sputnik is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'd put my money on the Poles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I were them I would go with a domestically produced rifle over an imported one any day as long as it meets my requirements. I am not a big fan of relying on toher countries providing weapons for my military.

Yeah but a low tech item like a MBR is pretty safe as long as its in a standard caliber. Its not like the Russians can cut them off on rifles to make them change policy. Its the high tech stuff that makes that possible.

http://www.smartage.pl/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2961-1078x516.jpg

I'd put my money on the Poles.

I spent a lot of my money on Poles.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#14]
It has become aparent that many in GD confuse the current Russian military with the former Massive Soviet military. The two arent the same thing. Not saying Poland would give the Russians a total beatdown but it would not be the same type of scenario that it was in the 40's and 50's.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'd like one.  I'm not paying 1200 for one though.

I think they'll be available, significantly less, when Radom gets the TX operation going.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well now I found something new I must own...

I'd like one.  I'm not paying 1200 for one though.

I think they'll be available, significantly less, when Radom gets the TX operation going.
Between the accuracy reports and the usable safety, one of those may be my first AK. Normally they don't do anything for me but that gun is pretty nice.

I hope they make a version with a STANAG mag well.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It has become aparent that many in GD confuse the current Russian military with the former Massive Soviet military. The two arent the same thing. Not saying Poland would give the Russians a total beatdown but it would not be the same type of scenario that it was in the 40's and 50's.
View Quote
The Poles beat back the Soviet Horde from spreading Communism in the 1920s.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Poland has no natural frontiers, this was, and always has been a strategic problem for the Poles. As _JBT noted, it hasn't always been a fatal strategic problem, but more often than not it was.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're all tooling up along the Baltic.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be fighting Germany now.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The logic is much like Switzerland. Make it to where the juice ain't worth the squeeze. Even Russia has a problem with high causalities in this day and age due to mass social media and the internet.

No one wants to spend an entire generation's worth of blood to conquer some place in which the people will hate you and fight you on every corner.

The only ones that don't give a fuck are the Muslims.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Poland has more Panzers than Germany. Hell, Poland has more Air Power thsn Germany right now. WTF is Germany really going to do? Blitzkrieg ain't a German thing. The last time they did that, it was the DDR in cooperation with the USSR. Maybe Merkel wants a repeat of Czechoslovakia 1968. But the Krauts and the EU doesn't have the force.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Beryl rifles are produced on some pretty nice machinery. No hammer and files here. Check out the Beryl production video from Radom.  Sorry can't embed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3HshR0j-EjA
View Quote

Thanks.  I re posted your video to the "AK discussions" in the AK subforum.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by this?  I thought the Beryl was made in Poland?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who handled the transfer, TAPCO?

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by this?  I thought the Beryl was made in Poland?

He thinks he made a funny joke.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting. Surprised they didn't go with their new rifle. I can see them making small orders and mid life upgrades, but that is a lot. Perhaps they plan on giving them to police/sell them elsewhere in 6 or so years.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Interesting. Surprised they didn't go with their new rifle. I can see them making small orders and mid life upgrades, but that is a lot. Perhaps they plan on giving them to police/sell them elsewhere in 6 or so years.
View Quote

Has the new rifle completed their acceptance testing?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Meanwhile in the United States more guns are sold in a single day.
View Quote

It's too bad Poland doesn't trust their own citizens to arm themselves.  Poland has some of the strictest gun control in Europe and the lowest private ownership rate.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Has the new rifle completed their acceptance testing?
View Quote

Supposedly the acceptance tests will be finished in late 2016/early 2017, if everything goes smoothly.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:58:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Royal Tiger sold a ton of them for $700 a few months back.

Unfortunately like the jerkbags they are, the sale started off with the rifles including the removable rail, collapsible stock, and I think 4 mags. They quickly revised their offer and started shipping without the rail, and with the piece of shit I.O. Inc clubfoot stock, and with one mag. Then all of that stuff showed up, unsurprisingly, as "accessories" on their site.

Shitty importers like Royal Tiger/I.O. are why we can't have nice things like the full-featured Beryl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Over $1500 per rifle.....

Royal Tiger sold a ton of them for $700 a few months back.

Unfortunately like the jerkbags they are, the sale started off with the rifles including the removable rail, collapsible stock, and I think 4 mags. They quickly revised their offer and started shipping without the rail, and with the piece of shit I.O. Inc clubfoot stock, and with one mag. Then all of that stuff showed up, unsurprisingly, as "accessories" on their site.

Shitty importers like Royal Tiger/I.O. are why we can't have nice things like the full-featured Beryl.

Don't confuse the Royal Tiger AK's as true Beryls. Fabryka Broni is the real manufacture of the Beryl rifle, no matter what you call the accessories. We have two factory select-fire Beryl's and they are outstanding weapons. The AK's that didn't last a week on the range before suffering from catastrophic failures like blown-out trunions and cracked receivers are the one that were brought in by Royal Tiger/Inter-Ordnance.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:23:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Also, somebody mentioned that they have the Leopard 2A's. They sold off quite a few of their Leopard 1A5's and I bought five of them. Here are some of the actual tanks that I purchased. Waiting for the Form 6 to get approved.

V/R
Ron

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:29:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Holy shit, you bought 5 Leopard 1a's

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:00:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Leopard 1A5's and I bought five of them.
View Quote

Who's awesome? You're awesome.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:22:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Also, somebody mentioned that they have the Leopard 2A's. They sold off quite a few of their Leopard 1A5's and I bought five of them. Here are some of the actual tanks that I purchased. Waiting for the Form 6 to get approved.

V/R

Ron

https://i.imgsafe.org/36810bae00.jpg
View Quote
I usually don't pull the SJW 99% bullshit but...... MOTHER FUCKER I'M JEALOUS!

If I only had money.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:33:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

V/R
Ron

https://i.imgsafe.org/36810bae00.jpg
View Quote

Race you in my brdm2

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top