Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell, I may wind up with one of these as well...........
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Same principle as the HK MP-7, I guess?

Capable of being shoulder-fired, but also fits in a holster.
View Quote

Exactly. Underrated concept IMO.

Been one of my favorite obscure guns for a while. I haven't fired one but I have handled a de-milled example my FFL has.

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Looks like it would be east to blow the fingers off your support hand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thats a weird lookin gun.  Bet its fun in  full auto!!!

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The brake extends passed the grip area when the weapon actually fires.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#5]
It was the shit in Black Ops
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The one I fondled at Knob Creek last spring seemed to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has anyone seen one of the semi-auto ones or handled one?  

Does anyone know if the front handle is welded in place?  I would imagine yes since it would otherwise be an AOW.

Front folding grip is not metal.......maybe pinned in the folded position though.

Cool.  Hopefully it's an easy undo if we want to SBR it.  Just curious:  Do you know if it's Bakelite?

The one I fondled at Knob Creek last spring seemed to be.

Cool.  I want to get this for the historical value.  I think they look cool and it was featured in an issue of SAR that I have.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a fascination with Polish Military TO&E. I've been trying to get a parts kit for one of these for a few years now, but there just isn't a lot of them in the country. I am actually very excited IO is imported demilled and rebuilt ones, as well as Beryl is starting stateside productions of this, the ARCHER, and the Massada clone thing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm guessing that comes from using "creative" cocking methods......being that it's a open bolt SMG. If you press cock it using the spoon brake, and didn't get the bolt/slide back far enough to engage the sear.......bang.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Played with a few.

Neat mechanically.

But been told by Poles that spent allot of time behind the trigger that it was a a dangerous POS.

I'm guessing that comes from using "creative" cocking methods......being that it's a open bolt SMG. If you press cock it using the spoon brake, and didn't get the bolt/slide back far enough to engage the sear.......bang.

Also the fact that the folding stock provides barely adequate clearance for the slide as the gun cycles. Slip up and you get a big fucking hunk of steel right in the cheekbone.

FWIW, Sturmgewehr on his MAC youtube channel went to a machine gun range in Vegas. In that vid, the Forgotten Weapons dude puts a few mags through one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also a gun the South Africans took some inspiration from.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/d/de/KOMMANDO-LDP_RHUZI.jpg
View Quote

Uh, no.
Those are smoothbore, and operate totally differently.

They don't even look alike outside of them both being subguns with magwell grips.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Thats a weird lookin gun. Bet its fun in full auto!!!
View Quote

It sucks.  I've shot it.
....in Call of Duty Black Ops.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The PM-63 is coming to the US in 2015 in the form of a semi pistol, imported by IO, made by Pioneer arms of Poland out of de milled parts.

Want.

I'm leery of anything IO brings over.  After the Beryl fiasco, and well, every other IO fiasco, they're more or less on Century Arms level when it comes to trust-ability.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my first reaction when I shot an UZI. Not much barrel out there. I've heard shot support hands are somewhat common too.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:01:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Also the fact that the folding stock provides barely adequate clearance for the slide as the gun cycles. Slip up and you get a big fucking hunk of steel right in the cheekbone.

FWIW, Sturmgewehr on his MAC youtube channel went to a machine gun range in Vegas. In that vid, the Forgotten Weapons dude puts a few mags through one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Played with a few.

Neat mechanically.

But been told by Poles that spent allot of time behind the trigger that it was a a dangerous POS.

Possiably .......it would be a one time "mistake". Kind of like firing a stocked Mauser Schnellfeuer and putting your thumb in the wrong postion.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Uh, no.

They don't even look alike outside of them both being subguns with magwell grips.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.

wat
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That was my first reaction when I shot an UZI. Not much barrel out there. I've heard shot support hands are somewhat common too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've read it was common in the 80's with MACs.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

wat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.

wat

Nope.....they where rifled.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Guys, as the owner of an open bolt subgun, I will tel you that they are in fact dangerous if you do not normally handle open bolt weapons and are familiar with their manual of arms. Some things you do with closed bolt guns are dangerous with one of these weapons- though most of it can be mitigated by pulling the mag first.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thank you.  I wasn't sure if it came in 9mm Luger as well.  I prefer 9mm MAK since I'm sitting on a good pile bought when prices were lower.  

Open-bolt SMG's are a challenge to convert to semi-auto closed-bolt.  It was done very well with the Uzi, so hopefully this turns out well also.

I'm very excited about this.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I've got a kit in hand I've been messing with, should be fairly easy to do a striker fired setup. Also enough room in the back to do a shrouded hammer setup if someone wants to go that route.

I'm going to attempt to fit a glock striker setup in mine once I get a re-weld jig done for the lower.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:11:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Guys, as the owner of an open bolt subgun, I will tel you that they are in fact dangerous if you do not normally handle open bolt weapons and are familiar with their manual of arms. Some things you do with closed bolt guns are dangerous with one of these weapons- though most of it can be mitigated by pulling the mag first.
View Quote

Yep......found that out with my first time firing an M-10.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:16:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've got a kit in hand I've been messing with, should be fairly easy to do a striker fired setup. Also enough room in the back to do a shrouded hammer setup if someone wants to go that route.

I'm going to attempt to fit a glock striker setup in mine once I get a re-weld jig done for the lower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  I wasn't sure if it came in 9mm Luger as well.  I prefer 9mm MAK since I'm sitting on a good pile bought when prices were lower.  

Open-bolt SMG's are a challenge to convert to semi-auto closed-bolt.  It was done very well with the Uzi, so hopefully this turns out well also.

Cool, please start a thread when you get going.

Are surplus mags available?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you do a little write-up, definitely post a link in this thread.  I would love to see it.  Or if you have any pictures you'd like to share, please do.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That would be a Finnish Jati Matic SMG ......Stallone carried one in Cobra......
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That would be a Finnish Jati Matic SMG ......Stallone carried one in Cobra......

I really want one.  I have never seen one for sale.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:05:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a fascination with Polish Military TO&E. I've been trying to get a parts kit for one of these for a few years now, but there just isn't a lot of them in the country. I am actually very excited IO is imported demilled and rebuilt ones, as well as Beryl is starting stateside productions of this, the ARCHER, and the Massada clone thing.
View Quote

Just found this:

http://militarygunsupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1277
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 1:26:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.

wat

Every Kommando LDP kit I've seen that made it here was a smoothbore. They were extremely cheap to manufacture.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 2:38:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Every Kommando LDP kit I've seen that made it here was a smoothbore. They were extremely cheap to manufacture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.

wat

My buddy's was rifled.......and he used them in Rhodesia quite a bit. Only thing he said about them was the bolts where "soft" and it would wear out and go auto. But I'll asking about the smooth bore thing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 2:50:57 AM EDT
[#26]
I Googled "Kommando LDP smoothbore", looks legit.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:05:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:38:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Uh, no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.

They were made as fast & cheap as possible. (was a product of a dire time intended for short range defense) Every one I've seen was smoothbore.
It's entirely possible they also made them with rifled barrels, but they made a ton with no rifling at all.

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21505&PN=1
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Tim from Military Arms Channel had one of these in his video from a few weeks ago IIRC, when he was out in Vegas at SHOT. There's a machine gun rental place he stopped at.

EDIT: I'm on potato phone so I can't embed but here's the  mobile link

http://youtu.be/aVuoBwZxcJ4

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They were made as fast & cheap as possible. (was a product of a dire time intended for short range defense) Every one I've seen was smoothbore.
It's entirely possible they also made them with rifled barrels, but they made a ton with no rifling at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.

I've only seen one, but it had a rifled barrel.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, no.

You sure it didn't have they Czech type polygonal rifling like a CZ-82? When very clean they look to be smoothbore, it's not till you fire the gun that you see the depressions show.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Showed up yesterday........looks like they were brand new before they were torched.....

Already folks working on .380 barrels and closed bolt semi conversions for these....
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:45:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You sure it didn't have they Czech type polygonal rifling like a CZ-82? When very clean they look to be smoothbore, it's not till you fire the gun that you see the depressions show.
View Quote

Yeah, they were just tubing. I'm actually surprised more people haven't chimed in about them.
There were a lot of kits for awhile in the late 80s (early 90s?) and a lot of guys passed on them because of the barrels.

That and they weren't the best made guns in the first place, lack of rifled barrels notwithstanding. Like really shitty Stens that have a more modern profile. Also not easy (if at all reasonably possible) to make them closed-bolt semis.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 3:01:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Showed up yesterday........looks like they were brand new before they were torched.....

Already folks working on .380 barrels and closed bolt semi conversions for these....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/villafuego/P1010173.jpg
View Quote

At dealers? What are they going for?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Tim from Military Arms Channel had one of these in his video from a few weeks ago IIRC, when he was out in Vegas at SHOT. There's a machine gun rental place he stopped at.

View Quote

That was our place, Battlefield Vegas, and we do have one. It's a cool gun and and IMHO, not the least bit dangerous.

V/R
Ron M Cheney
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 4:50:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That was our place, Battlefield Vegas, and we do have one. It's a cool gun and and IMHO, not the least bit dangerous.

V/R
Ron M Cheney
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

V/R
Ron M Cheney

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks nice.
Where did you get it and how much of it is torched? It looks like more than the receiver is torched in some of the kit pics I'm seeing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Looks nice.
Where did you get it and how much of it is torched? It looks like more than the receiver is torched in some of the kit pics I'm seeing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks nice.

From MGS.......the receiver is cut in 4 places.....the bbl is torched as well..... I left one of the receiver "chunks" out of the pic....still de-slagging it.....

Some kits showed up with cut slides a while back.....pretty much good for nothing but spares....
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

From MGS.......the receiver is cut in 4 places.....the bbl is torched as well..... I left one of the receiver "chunks" out of the pic....still de-slagging it.....

Some kits showed up with cut slides a while back.....pretty much good for nothing but spares....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks nice.

Hmm. The pic on MGS shows a torched slide as well. Should I gamble?
These would be super cool semi sbrs. I'd rather keep it in 9 mak than .380 though.

ETA: Never mind. I'm a retard. That's the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Looks like it has a slide, which could cause some owies.
View Quote
Even better, it fires from the open bolt iirc. So the slide is back during carry.

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#42]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-FviDFLttVU

Will someone embed that please?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Villafuego, can you post more pics?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-FviDFLttVU

Will someone embed that please?
View Quote

First try embedding.

ETA: fail
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Villafuego, can you post more pics?
View Quote

A few more.......came with 2 mags, cleaning kit, tools, mag pouch, holster, and sling/lanyard.....

I welded the bbl back together with a bolt in the bore.....so now I at least have a "dummy" bbl.....

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top