Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If the goal is to put an optic on it. Ruger MK. Whatever-They're-Up-To-Now or Browning Buckmark. Fixed optic is always better than reciprocating optic.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Put the optics on a Ruger, then buy a TX22 for fun.

I love mine, it eats anything that even vaguely resembles .22LR.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
My MK IV tactical is pretty awesome other than being 10 rds only.
The P322 I have is a lot of fun with 20 rd mags, but the mags are kinda finicky little bitches that have to be loaded just right.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont see a "Spend more and get a Browning Buckmark" option so I cant help you OP.
View Quote

This.

Buckmarks beat all of those listed hands-down.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
TX22 for a handgun

MKIV is limited mag capacity which sucks

the Chargers are a great guns

FN502 sucks donkey balls
View Quote

That's mostly irrelevant.

You're not using it for self defense, and Ruger Mk pistol owners can sling a lot more ammo per minute/hour of range time than most other rimfire pistols with this one easy trick:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Second post nailed it.
Ruger 22/45 for the win.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's mostly irrelevant.

You're not using it for self defense, and Ruger Mk pistol owners can sling a lot more ammo per minute/hour of range time than most other rimfire pistols with this one easy trick:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I bought one of those.  It is absolutely the best way to load Mk series mags.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Ruger Mk series is the standard for a reason.

The 22/45 Lite is the correct answer unless you want to spend more money, then the answer becomes Volquartsen.

I probably wouldn't recommend a heavier configuration like the stainless guns.
View Quote

Any reason you prefer the 22/45 over the Mark IV.  I am having trouble deciding between the two.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Any reason you prefer the 22/45 over the Mark IV.  I am having trouble deciding between the two.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Ruger Mk series is the standard for a reason.

The 22/45 Lite is the correct answer unless you want to spend more money, then the answer becomes Volquartsen.

I probably wouldn't recommend a heavier configuration like the stainless guns.

Because I have lots and lots of time shooting 1911s, CZs, and other modern pistols with a natural grip angle and no time at all shooting Lugers and Nambus?

Also, the 22/45s have lighter polymer frames whereas the standard Mk pistols have steel frames, and that can translate to a cost difference, too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#10]
22/45 is the correct answer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 322, the wife wanted a 502 because she thought it felt good in her hands. She thinks the 322 grip is too big, as she has tiny hands but the 502 is fine. We have shot it a bunch and its fine, I do find its easier to shoot well than the 322, but that could be ammo and what each gun likes.

And with as little as she wants to shoot getting her one that she likes is important
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#12]
The Taurus TX-22 is awesome. I shoot it more than anything else I own. I prefer it's form over the buckmark. But you can't really go wrong with anything on that list.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont see a "Spend more and get a Browning Buckmark" option so I cant help you OP.

This.

Nope. I have a Buckmark too and it is a nice pistol but with 1 fatal flaw IMO, it's the only gun I have that requires a tool to take down for cleaning. I'm sure some don't care about that but I dislike little detail a lot. Its also the only gun I have that I had to "break in" before it ran 100%. They are not all like that but it's not uncommon either.

Don't get me wrong, other then that it's arguable a little nicer gun then the Ruger (in 100% stock form). The Buckmark has 3 things over the 22/45... a better out of the box trigger, a metal frame and easily replaced barrels (without FFL transfer nonsense) but at the end of the day, if I can only have one and had to choose between them, I'd still take the Ruger 22/45 over the Buckmark, especially for a suppressor host.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nope. I have a Buckmark too and it is a nice pistol but with 1 fatal flaw IMO, it's the only gun I have that requires a tool to take down for cleaning. I'm sure some don't care about that but I dislike little detail a lot. Its also the only gun I have that I had to "break in" before it ran 100%. They are not all like that but it's not uncommon either.

Don't get me wrong, other then that it's arguable a little nicer gun then the Ruger (in 100% stock form). The Buckmark has 3 things over the 22/45... a better out of the box trigger, a metal frame and easily replaced barrels (without FFL transfer nonsense) but at the end of the day, if I can only have one and had to choose between them, I'd still take the Ruger 22/45 over the Buckmark, especially for a suppressor host.
View Quote

That'd be cool if Ruger made a "2011" type 22/45.  Heck, just use existing P322 mags, that'd be sweet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#15]
The most fun to shoot suppressed. Old SWR Spectre suppressor.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#16]
22/45 w/ VQ trigger would be my pick:

I actually really enjoy the GSG 1911 as well:

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
SW22 Victory at $399.
View Quote

Every bit as good as the Ruger or Browning. Taking apart for cleaning is +1.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Dang it!  I should have gotten a mkIV instead of my P322. !!
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dang it!  I should have gotten a mkIV instead of my P322. !!
View Quote

Ya dun goofed. Dibs on all your .22 ammo.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:57:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a 502 now and love it.

The sig 322 didn’t exist when I bought it.   The 20 round magazines make it pretty compelling.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:28:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  I dont see a "Spend more and get a Browning Buckmark" option so I cant help you OP.

This.

I sell quite a few Buckmarks, and the reason I stock em is one you didn't mention - Browning hasn't changed the Buckmark's magazine in ages.  Ruger seemingly changes their mag design as often as S&W dumps their existing .22 pistol & brings out an entirely new one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't have fuck you money so I went with P322 instead of VQ.

Damn you VQ, damn you
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why take it apart for cleaning? It's not necessary & I am ANAL about cleaning my guns.

Lock the slide back & spray it with brake cleaner, scrub the feed ramp & breechface, swab out the bore & voila`! You're done. Oil it, of course.

Suppressor host? Not a problem.

Attachment Attached File

I've had Ruger owners out-shoot their own guns with my Buckmarks. They were quite surprised when doing so.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Love my Ruger MKIV Tactical. The trigger sucks though, so get a Volquartsen.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#25]
my Buckmarks are phenomenal.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:54:23 AM EDT
[#26]
TX 22 competition
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have a lot of 22 pistols, almost all of which can be suppressed (which is why I keep buying 22 cans). But for just S&G and keeping friends entertained in the backyard.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2262/cp33_jpg-3115639.JPG

I'm between optics at the moment, and I'm thinking about the Farrrowtech brace.
View Quote

Forgive the dumb question, but do you have to wait several months each time you purchase a suppressor? And pay the $200 tax stamp each time?  I'm kind of starting to look into it.  I am also in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Sorry I saw this most for suppressed use.  You don’t even have the best option in your poll which is the S&W 422.

I got a NIB one six months ago for $500.  It has been amazing by far my favorite suppressor host.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:25:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Forgive the dumb question, but do you have to wait several months each time you purchase a suppressor? And pay the $200 tax stamp each time?  I'm kind of starting to look into it.  I am also in Tennessee.
View Quote

Yes and yes, unless you do it in Minecraft.  Or Texas.  Which is Minecraft.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 1:31:41 AM EDT
[#30]

I have the standard and competition

It's like cheating with the dot at 50rds

100yds takes a Lil more focus since I gate wearing my glasses
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:20:12 AM EDT
[#31]
I really want a high cap 22 to mess around with and I think I'd do a TX22 Competition if I was buying today. I like the fixed optic mount a lot. I am heavily into Ruger MKII and III 22/45's. I love them. If I were starting now I'd probably have a pile of Mark IV guns instead.

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:22:06 AM EDT
[#32]
The Ruger MkIV is soooo cringe.  Screams boomer.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:28:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I really want a high cap 22 to mess around with and I think I'd do a TX22 Competition if I was buying today. I like the fixed optic mount a lot. I am heavily into Ruger MKII and III 22/45's. I love them. If I were starting now I'd probably have a pile of Mark IV guns instead.

View Quote

I wasn't thrilled with my 22/45

The tx22 comp is fun With 16rds

Usually wears a sico sparrow

I have some videos on YouTube of me playing with it at my house out back

modsm4 is the channel

If you see a white and brown cat tas a avatar that's it

Need to make some other suppressor videos when I have time
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  The Ruger MkIV is soooo cringe.  Screams boomer.
View Quote

You post like you're 14, but have been here for more than 20 years...
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#35]
No to Buckmark.  Good chuters but their polymer mag catch can wear and won't hold the magazine in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#36]
The Chargers look like a lot of fun... How are they as a suppressor host?

An 8" barrel seems to be the perfectly wrong length for a suppressor? I'm guessing it is long enough to make the cheap bulk ammo supersonic?

That's the cool thing about the regular pistols is the bulk ammo is subsonic.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Taurus tx22 competition will be my next 22 handgun purchase.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Taurus tx22 competition will be my next 22 handgun purchase.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92687/IMG_6679_jpeg-3117177.JPG
View Quote

They are fantastic. I was firmly in the never buy a Taurus camp... Then I wanted a .22lr and kept getting recommended the Taurus. I'm very glad I bought it, one of my favorites. I'll probably get the compact model too.

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  The Ruger MkIV is soooo cringe.  Screams boomer.

It’s more of a “trying too hard” thing. I have zoomer and gen alpha kids.  None of them talk like that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Chargers look like a lot of fun... How are they as a suppressor host?

An 8" barrel seems to be the perfectly wrong length for a suppressor? I'm guessing it is long enough to make the cheap bulk ammo supersonic?

That's the cool thing about the regular pistols is the bulk ammo is subsonic.
View Quote

I find them awkward in stock form. They are great for shooting off a bench or rest but they are just big enough to be weird when trying to shoot and hold like a normal pistol. Agree on the barrel length. I have a Kidd super short barrel I was planning on putting in mine but never got around to it. 8" is a weird length and will require subsonic ammo.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Ended up impulse buying a 22/45 Lite, Burris FF3 and Tandemkross mount.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I sell quite a few Buckmarks, and the reason I stock em is one you didn't mention - Browning hasn't changed the Buckmark's magazine in ages.  Ruger seemingly changes their mag design as often as S&W dumps their existing .22 pistol & brings out an entirely new one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That seems like a stretch of a reason? You can still buy brand new mags for all 4 MK generations and some of them are backwards compatible. Like the difference between the MKIII and MKIV is just the baseplate which can be replaced. I think the only time that would matter in the least is if you plan on having more than one generation on hand but even then, that's a very minor concern IMO

Quoted:
Why take it apart for cleaning? It's not necessary & I am ANAL about cleaning my guns.

Lock the slide back & spray it with brake cleaner, scrub the feed ramp & breechface, swab out the bore & voila`! You're done. Oil it, of course.
Based on that I'd have to argue you're not that anal about cleaning ;-)

Do you shoot yours suppressed? If so, have you taken it apart to see how much crud is left behind from your blast and scrub method?

Ultimately though...whatever? Like I said earlier, it's all personal preference. If you prefer the Buckmark then good for you. I prefer the Ruger for a suppressor host. Its nice that we have choices.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That seems like a stretch of a reason? You can still buy brand new mags for all 4 MK generations and some of them are backwards compatible. Like the difference between the MKIII and MKIV is just the baseplate which can be replaced. I think the only time that would matter in the least is if you plan on having more than one generation on hand but even then, that's a very minor concern IMO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's annoying especially because I can't figure out why they needed to change the mags around. I am heavily invested in the MKII and MKIII 22/45s and would absolutely buy a Mark IV if I could use my mags in them. You can switch between the MKII and III 22/45. Even if I can buy basepads that is dumb. It's not like I am going to be swapping out baseplates at the range. They could have easily made them compatible. I don't know what the compatibility is on the standard(non 22/45) guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Respect your elders, heed their wisdom.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
S&W Victory should be an option.  Doesn't get the love it should....
View Quote

I have one.  It's a great shooter.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's annoying especially because I can't figure out why they needed to change the mags around. I am heavily invested in the MKII and MKIII 22/45s and would absolutely buy a Mark IV if I could use my mags in them. You can switch between the MKII and III 22/45. Even if I can buy basepads that is dumb. It's not like I am going to be swapping out baseplates at the range. They could have easily made them compatible. I don't know what the compatibility is on the standard(non 22/45) guns.
View Quote

They changed the design from the MKII to the MKIII because the changed in mag release from heel to side. Not sure why thy changed from MKIII to MKIV but I only have MKIV's now so it's not an issue for me at all. I would like to get an MKII again but it will be the standard frame so it still won't be hard to tell them apart from my MKIV 22/45 mags. Hell I have 6 different rimfire pistols right now and only 2 of them share the same mags so obviously different mags doesn't bother me in the least.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They changed the design from the MKII to the MKIII because the changed in mag release from heel to side. Not sure why thy changed from MKIII to MKIV but I only have MKIV's now so it's not an issue for me at all. I would like to get an MKII again but it will be the standard frame so it still won't be hard to tell them apart from my MKIV 22/45 mags. Hell I have 6 different rimfire pistols right now and only 2 of them share the same mags so obviously different mags doesn't bother me in the least.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  It's annoying especially because I can't figure out why they needed to change the mags around. I am heavily invested in the MKII and MKIII 22/45s and would absolutely buy a Mark IV if I could use my mags in them. You can switch between the MKII and III 22/45. Even if I can buy basepads that is dumb. It's not like I am going to be swapping out baseplates at the range. They could have easily made them compatible. I don't know what the compatibility is on the standard(non 22/45) guns.

I have to stock them.  How much money do I want to tie up in different mags?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#49]
P322 or TX22 competition assuming this is a plinking gun.  

Loading magazines at the range sucks and these two both run and have better capacity.  

P322 with the 25 round magazines is a hoot.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:04:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:  P322 or TX22 competition assuming this is a plinking gun.  

Loading magazines at the range sucks and these two both run and have better capacity.  

P322 with the 25 round magazines is a hoot.
View Quote

I've never found it problematic to load magazines at the range.  My 1st .22 rifle was a tube feed, so I kinda had to.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top