BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wasn't there a thread about RCMP working undercover at US gun shows?
View Quote

What does that have to do with the Ohhhhhhhhh I get it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If it was a real problem, they would allow the populous to solve it.

Instead this is a "we want more money to talk about this issue without letting any of you solve it for free".
View Quote

Reading your post here is an enomous insight to your mind.

You obviously have a brain geared to understand the complexities of politics, but it is tempered with a loathing of such filthy business.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You obviously have a brain geared to understand the complexities of politics, but it is tempered with a loathing of such filthy business.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Instead this is a "we want more money to talk about this issue without letting any of you solve it for free".

Or want to shoot pigs but doesn't want to pay a fortune to do it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's make bacon prices drop.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
My brother has the bastards on his property. He hunts them, and will flat out tell you hunting feral hogs doesn't do a damned thing except scatter the sounder. You cant poison them without killing other animals, and trapping them often doesn't work as they're rather smart.

All they do is eat, shit, and make little hoggies.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Snap
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My body is ready for increased bacon and porkchop consumption.

Unfortunately this. We could absolutely 100% wipe out the vast majority of feral hogs inside the USA in a year or less. No limit no permit no tags no restrictions - have at it. They'd disappear in a damn hurry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately this. We could absolutely 100% wipe out the vast majority of feral hogs inside the USA in a year or less. No limit no permit no tags no restrictions - have at it. They'd disappear in a damn hurry.

That’s just a dream you have that is impossible.
They cannot be killed out by just hunting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Well Canadians don't have guns anymore so more pigs for us!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly, you hear all the big land owners and farmers bitch about wold hogs destroying their property and when you offer to come and kill some they want you to pay them to help solve their problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, you hear all the big land owners and farmers bitch about wold hogs destroying their property and when you offer to come and kill some they want you to pay them to help solve their problem.

4x4 paneling near the ground solves the fence problem around here.

Pros: They till up the soil pretty good. They turn insect and plant protein into human edible protein. They're fun to shoot and eat.

Cons: Suburbanites with manicured lawns hate them. They are a road hazard and will fuck up your truck worse than any deer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My body, my soul and my Ruger American Rifle are prepared.
View Quote

This man has the true, red blooded American spirit.
We can handle anything that escapes America's Hat.

I likey my 307 RAR, too. IMO,  for the price tag, the RARS are he best production woods beater bolt guns made.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Timmy Hortons Ham Beasts
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#13]
In for the super bacon
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh....not even close.  Trying to eradicate feral hogs via hunting is like trying to eradicate cockroaches by stepping on them when they run across your kitchen floor.  Don't get me wrong, I hunt hogs every chance I get (it's fun and they're delicious), but it's not an effective means of eradication...not by a long shot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Wild boards, heh?

Great editing there, Field and Stream.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh boy,
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck yeah! We already have open season on hogs with no license needed.

Problem is there’s almost none of them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I spoke with our Crop insurance guy yesterday and he was telling me a story about Ryan is allegedly reporting domestic pigs as wild boars to justify his program. I think he got $1.1 million grant from ND government.
View Quote

Under Fidel Trudeau's regime, just tell your Ryan guy to submit the next grant application using an LGBQXYXPEDO narrative. New study will include hog population control by instilling homosexual behavior in the hogs. Trudy will bless him tenfold.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Awesome!!

One man’s problem is another man’s dinner

Let the wild pigs in and stop wasting time!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#20]
some paid feral pig hunting / feral pig breeding sanctuary in TX must have a truck load already unloaded and breeding to increase their revenue and all the feral pig problems in TX

If these pigs are more edible though, that will be less bad?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

#MeToo

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know, I know, farmers would hate it, etc., etc.

I'd friggin' love it.  Feral hogs are year round hunting in my state, but we don't have any where I live.

#MeToo

They are hell on farmers. You can't imagine the amount of damage they can do in one night.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So.....what round for Super Swine?
View Quote
458 Socom has always worked for me.  3 with one round is my record.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now do buffalo!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Now do buffalo!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now do buffalo!!

Look at their reproductive rates.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There was a guy who ran a wild boar hunting operation about five hours south of here. Then he released the hogs.

Trust me these are Russian boar and they are well suited to surviving in cold weather. When these pigs reach the US, it won't be good.
View Quote

I've always wondered what Russian boars eat in thick snow pack. Especially in coniferous forest. It seems digging through 3 ft of pack would be too draining. That juice does not sound worthy of the squeeze.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#27]
The amount of money spent to hunt wild pigs is dramatic. Without them I would have never bought thermal or night vision.  People say eradicate but what they mean is manage.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know, I know, farmers would hate it, etc., etc.

I'd friggin' love it.  Feral hogs are year round hunting in my state, but we don't have any where I live.

#MeToo

They are hell on farmers. You can't imagine the amount of damage they can do in one night.
https://image.cnbcfm.com/api/v1/image/105375738-1533341145098sorghum-usda-pic.jpg?v=1533345405&w=720&h=405
https://www.popsci.com/uploads/2019/07/01/WRIA6ANWONOJNJ7TZYKHY3US4A.jpg?auto=webp

We've never had a lot of hogs in my area of AL. I'd only seen two. That was in a wildlife management area years ago. I was deer hunting that WMA called Hollins. Saw my first hog damage just two years ago. I was doing a kayak fishing float with some friends. The beer kicked my bladder in gear, so i beached, climbed the creek bank to relief in the cow pasture above. That field looked like 20 roto tiller operators worked that pasure on an LSD trip. Looked worse than your second photo. The damage was insane.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Still can be hunted out of existence.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Now do buffalo!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now do buffalo!!

Get back to us when you've bred Buffalo to be about 10x smarter, reproduce like rabbits, be small enough to easily hide in brush, go nocturnal at the slightest bit of hunting pressure...oh, and have the ability to survive by eating pretty much anything they can get into their mouths.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Why is Texas unable to deal with its pig problem?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Get back to us when you've bred Buffalo to be about 10x smarter, reproduce like rabbits, be small enough to easily hide in brush, go nocturnal at the slightest bit of hunting pressure...oh, and have the ability to survive by eating pretty much anything they can get into their mouths.
View Quote

So you are telling us that it's game over man?

They are too smart and fuck too much, humans are gonna be destroyed by them?

They are the new apex predator on the planet?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Jesus christ, there’s always some apocalyptic bullshit being spouted every other year. H1N1, covid, bird flu, swine flu, CWD, rampaging hogs, hurricanes, tornados, cold fronts, kudzu.

I’m tired of hearing the chicken little shit every day, it’s fucking annoying.

Super pigs… For fuck’s sake.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#35]
The Texas "wild" pig problem has virutally nothing to do with wild bores.  It has almost everything to do with feral pigs.  Small ranchers would free range their pigs - feed them enough to keep them coming to the pen daily, let them roam wild to provide most of their forage.  Some simply stopped coming to the pens, some ranchers simply stopped feeding them when pork priced dropped to the point it was no longer cost/labor effective.

My neighbor did something like this.  I recall herds of his piglets running through my fields some days.  Not sure exactly when he stopped - but after that we started having wild pigs.  My largest hogzilla was from a different neighbors ranchettes.  My brother kind of freaked out when a herd of 30 or so started running towards our vehicles while we were getting ready to have a morning of shooting.  He thought they were wild and charging - they were just running for a hand out of feed.

Part of me wants to reverse the process.  I want to trap and deball the piglets.  Borrows grow fatter and have better tusks.  Plus they will probably not go rouge, so will be easier hunt latter on.  Hell, if I trap some latter on, I might even feed them out a bit to get better bacon.  Building some new pens, perhaps I might make one hog proof.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe work on your reading comprehension skills and then give it another try.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Farmers: These pigs are out of control and destroying everything!
Hunters: Dude tell me when and Ill show up and wipe s few out for ya.
Farmers: sweet that will be $1200 to 2500 !!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Überschwein

Wunderbar!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Dang, does this mean shifty bug-eyed schiff will have yet another russian collusion scam....
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Are these swine descended from that farm that fed them dead hookers? They could be extra dangerous with that bloodlust bred into them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#41]
What round for wooly entelodont?

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

All they do is eat, shit, and make little hoggies.
View Quote

Where have I seen that before?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#43]
The problem with hunting them is most farmers don't have a lot of trust in hunters.  And I don't blame them.  I have access to lots of farm land and the rules of engagement are complex.  Most of it has to do with not shooting the livestock.  Or shooting the farming equipment.  Or pissing off the neighbors who are in a constant state of conflict with the farm.  But beyond that feel free to help me get rid of this problem.  Just don't do it during deer season or planting season, or the harvest, or when there are extra livestock they just bought on the place waiting to get shipped to a processing plant.  So, realistically, you might get one or two nights here or there to solve their pig and or coyote problem for them.  Farming is a business and business comes first always.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Farmers and ranchers are still gonna sell hunts on their property. If they were truly a problem they'd be paying to have them removed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool. More pig hunting opportunities....

Yes, I know they hurt farmers and ranchers.... that was a mostly sarcastic comment.

Farmers and ranchers are still gonna sell hunts on their property. If they were truly a problem they'd be paying to have them removed
And they will put out feeders to attract said hogs to make the hunt "successful", thereby exacerbating the problem.

Or their revenue stream. Maybe both.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Uh....not even close.  Trying to eradicate feral hogs via hunting is like trying to eradicate cockroaches by stepping on them when they run across your kitchen floor.  Don't get me wrong, I hunt hogs every chance I get (it's fun and they're delicious), but it's not an effective means of eradication...not by a long shot.
View Quote

Respectfully disagree…
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Pros: They till up the soil pretty good. They turn insect and plant protein into human edible protein. They're fun to shoot and eat.

Cons: Suburbanites with manicured lawns hate them. They are a road hazard and will fuck up your truck worse than any deer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over 40 years ago, Sgt Humphries of the FL Highway Patrol told us that when working accidents on the FL Beeline Hwy east of Orlando, they could always tell when a car/truck hit a pig:  Vehicle upside down and no dead animal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They breed a couple orders of magnitude faster. So it'll take at least that much more effort, concentrated and dedicated extermination effort, to do it. And leave more than 1-2 breeding pairs in an area for a year and you'll be halfway back to Square 1.

Not saying that "oh teh noes the sky is falling" but more like "merely hunting them more isn't going to solve this problem"
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Heading out tomorrow night to do my part
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully disagree…
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467317/96FCC95B-BFDE-4781-BB6A-2D57EDA69E48_jpe-2679608.JPG

Do you have any idea what the wild hog population is here, and how quickly they reproduce?  In terms of eradication, that pile of pork is nothing.  A single group of sows can replace every one of those pigs within a year.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top