Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/29/2018 8:39:42 PM EDT
I just came back from a weekend in Portland Oregon, with my Gf as we make an annual trip for food and beer.  A few things I noticed as we galavanted about town.

1.  Almost every local shop had signs up saying "any race, any color, any religion, any gender is welcome here". But the place has to be 90% white people.

2.  In the same shops there would be bags, posters, shirts etc that said "read, rise, resist" or "vote, rise, resist"

3.  I noticed was how many women AND men had their hair dyed green or blue.  Many of the older women with colored hair were single or lesbian.

4.  It has been a year since I was there last and the homelessness seems to have multiplied 10x.  So many tent cities, panhandlers and makeshift shelters.  Along with the smell, holy moly the smell.

5.  Many of the "men" around the area all look very defeated, weak and with eye contact have the look of a domesticated animal.  No spark or drive.

My gf and I used to love going there for the food, beer and atmosphere but she wants to find a new destination after this weekend.  Wtf happened to Portland?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Liberals
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Portland is a Democratic stronghold. Please reference your above facts as information on why.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Pics?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just came back from a weekend in Portland Oregon, with my Gf as we make an annual trip for food and beer.  A few things I noticed as we galavanted about town.

1.  Almost every local shop had signs up saying "any race, any color, any religion, any gender is welcome here". But the place has to be 90% white people.

2.  In the same shops there would be bags, posters, shirts etc that said "read, rise, resist" or "vote, rise, resist"

3.  I noticed was how many women AND men had their hair dyed green or blue.  Many of the older women with colored hair were single or lesbian.

4.  It has been a year since I was there last and the homelessness seems to have multiplied 10x.  So many tent cities, panhandlers and makeshift shelters.  Along with the smell, holy moly the smell.

5.  Many of the "men" around the area all look very defeated, weak and with eye contact have the look of a domesticated animal.  No spark or drive.

My gf and I used to love going there for the food, beer and atmosphere but she wants to find a new destination after this weekend.  Wtf happened to Portland?
View Quote
any race, any color, any religion, any gender is welcome here

Just, don't be a law enforcement officer - in or out of uniform.

Portland is fucked.  Liberal state gooberment and retarded thug kissing liberal city and county government.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in the burbs of Portland and I don't even go downtown anymore.

It's a shame.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
1/2/3. Sounds about right.

4. Yeah, that shit is out of control and the liberal pussies in charge of the city seem to think tolerating mass homelessness is somehow generous.

5. Agreed, but they look fabulous.

The food and beer are still awesome.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
any race, any color, any religion, any gender is welcome here

Just, don't be a law enforcement officer - in or out of uniform.

Portland is fucked.  Liberal state gooberment and retarded thug kissing liberal city and county government.
View Quote
Don't be a Trump supporter either.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#9]
That's downtown Portland for you...
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Many of the older women with colored hair were single or lesbian.
View Quote
Did you ask them if they were single or lesbian? Or were you visiting lesbian bars/events?

Quoted:
View Quote
What makes you an expert on determining if someone is defeated, weak and has no spark or drive?  Are you referring to the homeless population or the general population?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I lived there 69-82. Great place to grow up.  Problem started then, influx of people from California.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Got dozens of relatives there.

Shithole.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Portland has been a shithole for a while but it has taken a nosedive in the last year or so with the homeless population rising. I used to take my family to Saturday market at least once a month now I don’t cross the bridge unless it’s unavoidable.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even though the number of people who protested against ICE, it's really small if you look at the videos.
A small number of white people are protesting against ICE, but are total wash out bums with a lower work ethic than the Mexicans I see as day laborers doing landscape work.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to live downtown up near Goose Hollow.  Moved out in 2000 but I still go to to downtown PDX about 4-5 times a year.  I'm pretty much done with downtown PDX other than the Heathman Hotel and dining in the Pearl District.  It's nowhere near how amazing it used to be and I agree in the last two years it's turned into a complete shit show.  I now check to make sure there isn't some bullshit ANTIFA/Anti-ICE riot going on before I plan a trip.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you ask them if they were single or lesbian? Or were you visiting lesbian bars/events?

What makes you an expert on determining if someone is defeated, weak and has no spark or drive?  Are you referring to the homeless population or the general population?
View Quote
It's true, the overwhelming majority of Portland men are defeated metrosexual fem boys

I think about the only way to clean up Portland is with a tactical nuke.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
California? Check.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Hitting a little too close to home, eh?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Lived in Beaverton for many years.

My beard is teal. Deal with it.

I’ll be flying into PDX in the AM.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Salem happened.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I grew up in Chicago. I hate Chicago with a passion. That said I visited Portland briefly last month and that place makes Chicago look like a god damned clean room at an apple factory. What a fucking dump. Garbage overflowing everywhere, sidewalk is sticky anywhere you walk, homeless everywhere, smells like garbage and crap. Went to a place full of food “carts” that is supposed to be the bee’s knees and it looked like a health inspector would kill himself if he had to sign off on the place.  The commie working in one of the places had half a shirt on so she could readily flaunt her hairy armpits and gut, because you know maintaining a decent hygienic image isn’t at all important when you operate a fucking food shop. Most big cities are dumps but at least Chicago keeps the tourist area clean and tells you to avoid the bad areas. Not to mention the blue haired fat body communists everywhere that took serious effort to determine the genders of.  But the tolerance! Oh the tolerance was fantastic! If you can tolerate the assault on your senses.

Shithole.

On the way out of town headed south a marque sign on the side of a building said “Welcome to Gulag America. Let child imprisonment be our shame. Resist! Resist! Resist!” Ive never felt so out of place as I did there.

The rest of Oregon was nice. I feel bad for the American people in that state.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Lived and worked there for 10 years and then escaped 8 years ago.  Still have the same job and technically have an office in a downtown highrise, but I manage to do 99% of my work from 140 miles away.

The place has turned into a major shithole in the last 5 years.

I have to go there for work 5 or 6 times a year.  Here's how I do it:

I drive in,
Drink a beer and shop at Belmont Station (they sell over 1,000 different beers!),
Check into a fancy hotel 1 block from my office,
Uber to a fancy restaurant for work or client meal,
Check out early,
Hit the Asian grocery store and Viet sub shop on the way out of town
Drive home - with a big smile hitting my face as the skies open up and I'm surrounded by the beauty of Central OR
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#23]
This is the topology of the Portland area.
You can clearly see the flood plane from the Missoula floods.

A good tidal wave coming the opposite direction would follow the same pattern.

I keep living in hope (especially since my house is well above that flood plane).

Attachment Attached File

For those not used to looking at maps without roads, the same with a road map overlaid:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I really hate to hear that although I did suspect it to be the case based on everything I've read recently.

I have a friend who lives there and I visited her in 2014.  Spent a week there and had a great time.  It's truly sad to hear how it has fallen and I'm sorry for you guys who live there.  It was a beautiful place when I was there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I lived there 69-82. Great place to grow up.  Problem started then, influx of people from California.
View Quote
Oh definitely. CA was known for being hardcore liberal in 1982 for sure
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's a shame.
View Quote
Same. I visited the PacNW in the summer of 2003. That was the first time in my life I’d been to the NW. I decided that I needed to live there. It took me 4 years but I relocated in 2007. Both Portland and Seattle were great cities then.

Now they are both dumps. Companies have evac’ed to the suburbs and the bum/drug infestations are overflowing in both.

If it weren’t for marrying a local and now having a 3 year old son, I’d look to move elsewhere.

I do have to admit, I love the climate and WA state’s no state income tax.

I also enjoy the outdoor activities that Mother Nature makes available. I am an avid hiker/camper/backpacker.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Find a new spot. Don't feed the beast with your tourist dollar.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I really hate to hear that although I did suspect it to be the case based on everything I've read recently.

I have a friend who lives there and I visited her in 2014.  Spent a week there and had a great time. It's truly sad to hear how it has fallen and I'm sorry for you guys who live there.  It was a beautiful place when I was there.
View Quote
I’d be really surprised if any arfcommers actually live in the city limits. Our plan is to cut off food supply routes to the cities when FO time hits and then let the denizens eat each other.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wtf happened to Portland?
View Quote

It got weird
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuck Portland, I was forced to drive through downtown 2 weeks ago and I was sick the whole time. I stopped at a stop sign and there was a dude that made eye contact with me the whole time he walked across the street in front of me, even as he was getting farther away he turned and walked backwards so he could continue staring at me. It wasn't even a sexual stare, I think he could smell the MAGA scent on me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Portland has turned me into an empathy fatigued, hate filled, crypto fascist.

Jk.

Sorta.

It does wear on a person of conservative views to be forced to be in an area that is wholly incompatible and hostile to you.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

California? Check.
View Quote
Kleberg county birth certificate.  Check.

Just got a call from a guy about the mineral rights we still own on property in Angelina County. Check.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#33]
When I lived in Portland 20+ years ago, (82nd and Sandy area), it was a pretty cool town...then the county started giving 'special rights' to their ghey county employees. I left the state.

I wasn't going to pay 52.3% of my gross earnings in taxes so Multnomah County could discriminate against straight people.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not at all. My parents and sister/family live in the Portland area.  Downtown is a relatively large metro area downtown with all kinds of people - some worthless, some just fine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prop 187 passed after 1988.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not at all. My parents and sister/family live in the Portland area.  Downtown is a relatively large metro area downtown with all kinds of people - some worthless, some just fine.
View Quote
I’m not saying that it isn’t possible, but I always find nothing but the worthless in Portland. Of course I try my absolute best to stay the hell out of that town.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I visit Portland about twice a month.

It is second only to San Francisco in political activism and the promotion of homelessness.

Yes, the promotion of homelessness.

The city bends over backwards to accommodate them.....and therefore, Portland’s homeless population has exploded.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Huh? True downtown is maybe 2/5 mile X 3/5 mile. If you include Portland inside of the Willamette and I-405, it’s about 1 mile x 1.5-2 miles.

That isn’t that big.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Portland ME > Portland OR
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true at all.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
1968 to 1988 -- Kalif voted RED
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Used to be a nice place
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my point. Dude said Portland was going downhill when he left in 1982 due to an influx of Californians. All those liberals from 1982 California ruining everything in their path.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's a shame.
View Quote
I heard the normal people all live in the burbs. Shithole
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Democrats ruined it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Huh? True downtown is maybe 2/5 mile X 3/5 mile. If you include Portland inside of the Willamette and I-405, it’s about 1 mile x 1.5-2 miles.

That isn’t that big.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn’t that big.
I didn't say downtown Portland was a large geographical area.  Read it again.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not true at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true at all.
So there aren't decent people in the downtown Portland area?  None at all?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I work in Portland.  I go there, and I leave there.  I will not spend money in that county.  If I run out of gas, I'll call AAA before I buy gas in PDX.  I think I drove by 7 bum camps on the commute home today.  tomorrow, I'll use my gopro and take some video of the drive, and post some stills of all the bum camps.  Its fucking disgusting.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Just got a call from a guy about the mineral rights we still own on property in Angelina County. Check.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

California? Check.

Dude, you're lying to yourself. You've posted so much shit on here that has proved you fit in with the California mindset WAY TOO much. You're a lib. It's not an insult, but it's true.

By the way, "Kleberg county birth certificate.  Check."? So, if I was born on an Army base in Germany and moved back to the US at age 2, never to return, I'm a true and blue German?  No.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And in the 20 years since....?

You're trying too hard.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top