Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Attachment Attached File

owners or potential future owners of "smart guns"
View Quote

Holy fuck, I thought maybe that was some kind of integrally suppressed pistol like the Soviet PB...
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Taurus Judge
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Honestly? Nothing. And I'm pretty drunk and another year older today.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Taurus Judge is a litmus test for retardation.
View Quote

Having shot his at my buddy’s farm, I’m not so sure. Not something I’d use for SD, but for what he uses it for (snake, rat and varmint eradication), it works well.
And he doesn’t have to worry about a bullet ricochet, etc…

I’m not a Taurus hater, have several and think they’re improving. Probably solid mid tier at this point.
But this… if you can’t explain a specific reason why you chose this that makes total sense… I think we’re not going to be good buds:  

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Stolen!
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

What is that???
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have my late FIL's Judge and I actually like it and enjoy shooting it.  I also have an XD in .40 and really like it as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't really judge them negatively, but the Taurus Judge and Springfield XDs are basically a litmus test for how much you know about guns.
I have my late FIL's Judge and I actually like it and enjoy shooting it.  I also have an XD in .40 and really like it as well.

I enjoy my XD40sc. That said, it should have been about $100 cheaper and still branded as an HS2000

Pertaining to the thread, I can't think of anything that I'd judge someone for owning. With that said, if you start to prattle on about how your XD is better than a Glock or your Judge is the most badass revolver ever (because it's "basically a shotgun"), you'll get an eye roll from me. On a related note, I absolutely abhor the song "Wait in the Truck" by Hardy for some reason
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Shut your dirty whore mouth.

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
The rest of that picture shows the bullet hole in his leg lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Taurus Judge.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ignoramus checking in I have a Springfield XDS with the dreaded grip zone
View Quote
LOL... My carry gun for the past 19 years has been the humble, plain jane XD9 service model.  It's a nice, reliable gun.  I passed on the "grip zone" XDs cause they were a bit gay.  Tempted to get an XDm or a Hellcat, but I think I'll send the XD9 to get the barrel crowned and a slide milled for a red dot instead.

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#14]
On todays episode of the Afcom Dick measuring contest. You’re not a real man because of the gun that you own!
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Holy shit, I own or have owned a half dozen of the guns posted in this thread. No Taurus Judge though, I'm not that bad .
After the "What gun would you use in WWII?" thread I'm surprised the M1 carbine hasn't made an appearance here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Honestly? Nothing. And I'm pretty drunk and another year older today.
View Quote
Merry New Year
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ok, you're fascinated by the judges supposed snake killing ability, but don't realize it's just as easy to use a regular 9mm, .40, .45, .38, .357, etc.

Its a favorite of people that think every snake is venomous, and thus deserve to die, or those that think a .410 out of a revolver is exactly like a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really like my Judge.   Go ahead a judge me bro.

Ok, you're fascinated by the judges supposed snake killing ability, but don't realize it's just as easy to use a regular 9mm, .40, .45, .38, .357, etc.

Its a favorite of people that think every snake is venomous, and thus deserve to die, or those that think a .410 out of a revolver is exactly like a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870
So I guess the expert just checked in

ETA I have a 500 and 870.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#19]
No really, what the hell am I looking at?
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Completely useless but I still have one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No really, what the hell am I looking at?
View Quote
People who think they know what is the best firearm in their dumbass opinion.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi Point

This

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
People who think they know what is the best firearm in their dumbass opinion.
View Quote

I effed up and didn't quote the post directly me. I can appreciate a 22 revolver that you can hide in your shirt pocket.

eta: I saw a Hickok video shooting the NAA 22, he was pretty good with it and the bullets didn't bounce off the soda bottles.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Your post is ignorant
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
XD, Taurus, Kel Tec, etc.

Basically any gun that exists within a price point where other BETTER choices clearly exist. It simply tells me that you don't take self defense seriously enough to research a quality weapon.

I'd never judge someone for buying the extent that they could afford. Never. But when a Kel Tec pocket pistol gets chosen over a Ruger that costs the same damn amount, or when you chose an XD over a Glock or CZ, it tells me that you're ignorant or unwilling to seek out good choices.
Your post is ignorant

concur
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Hi Point C9 with the Hundred Dollar Bill Finish.  

Damn thing should come from the factory with an evidence bag.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#26]
NAA mini revolver

Kel-Tec CMR 30

Taurus

Desert Eagle

Oh wait, I have those.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#27]

...and consider this thread now nuked from orbit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276871/20230501_175850-2802738.jpgCompletely useless but I still have one.
View Quote
Ewww...  the leg...
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You can judge me for this but I really love this 12+1 .45 pistol. It feels just right to my hand, works great and is accurate. I know it was recalled but I couldn't let it go. I was never able to get it to fire unexpectedly and recently learned that the whole thing was about operator error in the first place.

https://i.imgur.com/scZAiju.jpg
View Quote

The whole thing was operator error, even though there is a video of one being held well below the triggerguard, and they get it to fire at least half a mag by shaking it?

If yours works and has had no issues, great. I hope it stays that way. But in the case of that model the safety issues were very real.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#30]

cool.
just don't go tranny chucky on us??
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So I guess the expert just checked in

ETA I have a 500 and 870.
View Quote

I wouldn't call myself an expert, just a person smart enough to not buy a judge.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Staccato...it's always some tactical timmie with a dot and a light, talking about how its now the greatest gun ever, since his favorite Insta-gunner told him so.  Lifestyle product for douches with sleeve tattoos and BRCC shirts...Wow are those Punisher and Yeti Stickers on your truck with 22s and low profile tires....so cool.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276871/20230501_175850-2802738.jpgCompletely useless but I still have one.
View Quote

Point one at somebody advancing on you with bad intentions.

It won't seem so useless.

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not the gun. How the owner handles it.
View Quote

Good call
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I can't judge simply because of what gun someone owns because I might own one too, unless it's a Taurus Curve.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anything hi point, Glock, and taurus.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Haha!

That's a good candidate.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
LOL... My carry gun for the past 19 years has been the humble, plain jane XD9 service model.  It's a nice, reliable gun.  I passed on the "grip zone" XDs cause they were a bit gay.  Tempted to get an XDm or a Hellcat, but I think I'll send the XD9 to get the barrel crowned and a slide milled for a red dot instead.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ignoramus checking in I have a Springfield XDS with the dreaded grip zone

It would be cheaper to just get an XDM Elite instead
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Desert Eagle .50 ... unless your name is Tony, then it's cool.

View Quote

How can you not want a Deagle?
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I don’t really judge them negatively, but the Taurus Judge and Springfield XDs are basically a litmus test for how much you know about guns.
View Quote

Correct. Ignorant people think XDs suck, because they read about it on the internet.

A huge number of these same geniuses will buy the Hellcat, because the internet told them it's a good gun.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#45]
According to ChatGPT:  The answer is this:

Owning a firearm that can discharge without being fired is a serious safety concern that can pose significant risks to both the owner and those around them. In addition to the safety concerns, owning a firearm with a known design flaw can be a source of embarrassment for the owner.

In the case of the Sig Sauer P320, reports of unintended discharges have been linked to a design flaw in the firearm's trigger assembly. This design flaw can cause the firearm to discharge if dropped or struck in a particular way, even if the trigger is not pulled. The potential for a firearm to discharge without being fired is a serious safety concern that can result in accidental injury or even death.

Owning a firearm that has been associated with unintended discharges can also be a source of embarrassment for the owner. Carrying a firearm that has been subject to safety recalls or legal action can lead to questions from others about the safety and reliability of the firearm. For many gun owners, their firearms are a source of pride, and owning a firearm with known safety concerns can undermine that sense of pride and confidence.

Furthermore, owning a firearm with a known safety issue can also carry social stigma. In some circles, owning a firearm that has been associated with safety concerns may be seen as irresponsible or reckless. This can lead to negative perceptions from others and can even impact personal and professional relationships.

In conclusion, owning a firearm that can discharge without being fired, like the Sig Sauer P320, can be both a safety concern and a source of embarrassment for the owner. While proper maintenance and handling can help mitigate some risks associated with owning firearms, design flaws like those found in the P320 can be difficult to overcome. It's important for gun owners to stay informed about any safety concerns or recalls related to their firearms and to take appropriate action to address them, whether that means having the firearm inspected, upgraded, or replaced.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Punisher themed accessories
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#47]
If you tell me you paid 260K for a 9mm keltec I’m going to assume you’re a massive piece of shit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Didn’t PSA make a bump stock with Trump embellished on it until….

I’m pretty sure I had one on order.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Now it's a party
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:59:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Didn’t PSA make a bump stock with Trump embellished on it until….

I’m pretty sure I had one on order.
View Quote

That would be peak irony.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top