Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/26/2024 12:15:43 PM EDT
I ordered a pistol barrel from a company, it was a custom one. Order was placed in april.
I called last week to check the status of the order and she informed me it had shipped and was delivered.
I did not know that as I never got a email with tracking or anything saying it had shipped.
I told her I did not get it, which was why I was calling to check on it.
She gave me the tracking number and it shows it was delivered on july 9th.
She told me to check with my neighbors, maybe they got it by accident.

Since I did not know it was coming, I had not idea about it.
I checked with my wife and made sure she did not forget and left the package in her car.
I checked with my neighbors and they did not have it.

I go to the post office the next day (the 18th) and tell them I have a package that shows delivered but I did not get it.
I give them the tracking number and she goes to the back and comes back a little bit later and has a printout.
She shows me a address and asks if that address is anything I am familiar with. I never heard of it and have no idea where it is at.
So apparently, according to her, that is where it was delivered to, and it shows on their side that there was a address mismatch (for whatever reason) and it has my address as where it was supposed to go, but then it was delivered to that other address (for some reason).
She took my phone number and said they were going to look into it and call me. I did not really understand, but she kinda insinuated that the delivery person would knock on the door of that house and try to recover the package. She told me to call the sender and check to make sure they have my correct address.
I called and told them what was going on and asked where they sent it, they read me off my address.

I feel like I may be screwed, as when I pull up the tracking number on the USPS website, it just shows that it was delivered (it does not show what the counter worker had, showing the address mismatch). So as far as the company is concerned, it was delivered and I am not sure if they can/will do anything and I will be out almost $300.

No word from the PO.
I will be going back there today on my way home from work to check again. I am going to ask if I can get a copy of what they had, showing the package was delivered to the wrong address, so I can provide the barrel company proof it was misdelivered and maybe they can file a insurance claim and I can get a new one made.

Anyone run into this issue?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Since it’s the post office either the sender or receiver can file a claim.  I think you have to wait 15 days or something. Get all the info from the post office you possibly can in writing.

The post office is where the problem lies.  I can see the shipper not wholeheartedly wanting to step in due to it showing delivered.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have that happened to me multiple times, and my neighbors were kind enough to bring it to me, BUT i try not to used USPS whenever possible, even if I have to pay more. The USPS has been taken over by the DEI crowd, and no one really cares all that much. For me it is UPS, it usually costs at least 50% more than USPS.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I have had the USPS deliver an AR barrel and bolt to the house opposite my address. I called them and they said to wait a week to see if it shows. Waited a week, called back, they then said wait three weeks to file a missing package.

Nah, screw that, filed the missing package, and two days later my neighbors came over saying they got my package in the mail that day.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
This happened to me.  They delivered my package to an address with the same street name in another town on the other side of the county.  The PO tried to tell me I was screwed until I told them that the package contained high capacity Glock mags and they just made the person they delivered to a felon.  Someone from my PO drove over to the house and picked up the box and redelivered it to me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]
At least three times I have found wrong address items in my mailbox.  All useless clothing items too small.  I tossed them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I had the post office deliver some jewelry to some random home 5 miles from mine for some unknown reason.

I got everything eventually when I complained to the company I bought the stuff from.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#8]
They were doing that to me last year, someone about a half mile away has the same address number on a different street, we kept getting their stuff and they would get ours, thankfully we're both cool and would deliver each other's packages.

Finally called the post office and let them know it was happening and it stopped.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I find my stuff in a neighborhood mailbox with the same numbers as my house except mixed. I just figure the driver is dyslexic. Neighbor just waves when he sees me as it’s happened so often.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#10]
FedEx delivered some ammo I ordered to the wrong house. I let bass pro know and they shipped another 150 rounds and gave me a $20 coupon code.

Some guy brought it by a few days later.

I felt bad but the wife said to keep it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Have with UPS.

Package shown as delivered at 2pm.  Checked my cameras and saw the brown truck drive by about that time but it didn’t stop.

Called UPS.  At first they seemed like they wanted to dismiss me until I told them what I saw on my cameras.  Then they were on it.  They eventually called the driver (who was off shift at the time) and found out the address my package was erroneously delivered to.  Found it odd they knew exactly what address it was delivered to but nothing flagged them it didn’t match the correct address.

It was just down the street so I took the dog for a walk and knocked on the door.  I said I had a package erroneously delivered here.  She gave it to me and said, “yeah we saw that wasn’t ours”.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Op I find it coincidental that you're in Alabama

Last week I sold something in the EE.  Hurt is in AL.

I do the priority mail label at home and had it at the post office here in VA at 0800 next morning.

As of today it is STILL not delivered and I'm transit from the Alabama distribution center to somewhere else.

I sent the guy an apology this morning even though it's not my fault.  Fuck USPS.  Even if local delivery driver is a complete cunt and I have had words with her twice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been through this before. Post Office says it was delivered, but I never got it. After going around and around with the Post Office, the sender and my credit card company, they all claimed no responsibility and left me without the product and it's cost. Sucks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
My neighbors and I were all delivering misdelivered packages for years. It coincidentally stopped around the same time I quit seeing the mailman driving a wrangler on chrome 22s
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Yup. Customer bought a revolver on GB from
a private seller. Seller shipped it illegally thru the PO to me (I'm an FFL). PO errantly delivered it to a known sketchy address in the bad side of town. When I told them the details of their fuckup, it was bad, real bad. They did recover it days later from the individual, it was still unopened and I picked it up at the PO.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, I've experienced this.  More than once.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#17]
The USPS informed delivery thing will show if you have packages coming, even if the shipper hasn’t advised you yet.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Had the post office deliver a package to the wrong house . The post office claimed they would get it back when in fact the people who got the package kept it. I saw my bug zapper on their porch. I got the shipper to reship.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Fed Ex did the same thing to me on a holster I had ordered a few weeks ago. They even sent me a picture of the package laying at a front door.

Problem was that was NOT my house, nor my front door. FedEx said well we delivered it so that's the end of the story, case closed.

Got a new holster shipped from the manufacturer and here in a week.

We get mail nearly every freakin day of the week in our mailbox that ain't ours. The other day we got an iPad from Apple. Our stupid USPS driver just laughs and says ... ooooops! What a moron she is.

iPad was delivered by us to it's rightful owner the same day.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#21]
The strange part was the address they delivered it to was nothing at all like mine.
House number completely different, and the street name completely different. Nothing at all even remotely similar about them.
I can not remember the address as she only showed it to me for a second and said by law she really was not supposed to show me that, but wanted to make sure it was not a place I used to live or something like that.
This makes me wonder if I will be able to get any documents proving what they did.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At least three times I have found wrong address items in my mailbox.  All useless clothing items too small.  I tossed them.
View Quote

What a douche thing to do.
You saw the address was not yours, so instead of putting it back in the mailbox with a note saying wrong address, you open the package that is not yours, see it is not something you want, and then throw it away.
I feel sorry for the people it was supposed to go to, as they never got their package.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have been through this before. Post Office says it was delivered, but I never got it. After going around and around with the Post Office, the sender and my credit card company, they all claimed no responsibility and left me without the product and it's cost. Sucks.
View Quote

I just had this happen with Fedex a couple months ago. Tracking said it was unable to deliver while I was home all day.  I filed a claim with Fedex, but they came back and said they couldn't help. Right after that, tracking changed to delivered, but it was nowhere to be found. I contacted the vendor (Lanbo's Armory) and they shipped a new one (I'm pretty sure they just ate the cost of the lost one). It was an American Defense Aimpoint mount. I told them to use the USPS this time.

I've had a lot of issues with Fedex. They once left $500 worth of tires just sitting at the road at the end of my driveway. Just last week, they left another package in the same place (even took a picture of it right there at the end of my driveway by the road). They've failed to deliver to me multiple times, even when I've been home all day (could have been left at the road an stolen for all I know).
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Op I find it coincidental that you're in Alabama

Last week I sold something in the EE.  Hurt is in AL.

I do the priority mail label at home and had it at the post office here in VA at 0800 next morning.

As of today it is STILL not delivered and I'm transit from the Alabama distribution center to somewhere else.

I sent the guy an apology this morning even though it's not my fault.  Fuck USPS.  Even if local delivery driver is a complete cunt and I have had words with her twice.
View Quote

Check the tracking number. If it is at the "birmingham distribution center annex", then you will have to wait as that place is a black hole where packages set for weeks sometimes.
Had it happen to me a lot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The USPS informed delivery thing will show if you have packages coming, even if the shipper hasn’t advised you yet.
View Quote

I do actually have that, and I looked back at my deleted emails and saw where that tracking number showed it was coming.
However since I did not get a email saying it had shipped, I did not know what it was and that it was mine.
My wife buys stuff from amazon, ticktock, and all kinds of other places all the time and I just assumed it was something of hers.
She gets home before me, so she has already opened her packages and I usually do not even notice she got anything.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 1:55:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, had it happen to me . What was worse was the cunts opened the package (ammo) and called the police.  They also tore open the corner of an envelope to check out the contents.  

I should have raised hell.  Scumbag white trash hippie liberals
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I’ve had it happen before, but not with anything gun related.

Luckily I have decent neighbors who will simply bring it over to me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#28]
If you were to ask any child what they want to be when they grow up. . . . .

None of them will say a mail courier.

If you were to have one bag filled with Cool Ranch Doritos and another bag filled with paint chips, and you were to ask them which one they preferred, I guarantee you the Cool Ranch Doritos will be left behind.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#29]
AND THAT is what scares me the most about using USPS!! This is why whenever I can I request signature required for the expensive stuff I buy, or, that the package waits for me at the POffice. Unfortunately, many sellers will not cater to those requests.

I've had packages delivered to the wrong home address 3 times in the last few years and have had to rely on the honesty of the people at those addresses to bring it to me. I lost one package that way.

The seller only needs to see "Package Delivered" in tracking and they are legally absolved of any blame and responsibly, (rightfully so).

Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I will and indeed have skipped purchases if the only shipping option is USPS.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#31]
The same recently happened to me with a book I had ordered. The PO delivered it to the wrong town about 50 miles away. Never did get it, which sucks because it was the only one I could find.

The seller refunded me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not a solution for me. I've had the same thing happen to me with UPS. As long as a human is making deliveries, human error will happen.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Something I ordered from Primary Arms last week is out for delivery today.

Of course I live outside Tampa and the destination city listed in USPS tracking is Jacksonville.  200 miles away as the crow flies.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did not have any option for shipping, as I did not even know it had shipped.
Usually I do not have any issues with the postal service and it is ups and fedex that give me issues.

ups likes to deliver to my neighbor, even though I bought the biggest mailbox lowes had, and the biggest numbers I could put on the side of it too. Driving by at 40mph you can still see my house number on my mailbox.
They have to drive by my mailbox to get to my neighbors house, who has a small mailbox with small numbers on it. How they miss my giant numbers, I do not know. But it is always the same neighbor.
Luckily we know each other and he texts me there is a package for me on his porch.

fedex likes to put their packages in my mailbox (which is illegal) and I have had the post office carrier take the package out of the mailbox and take it back with them to the post office if they deliver before I get home. The first time it happened I did not know that was what happened.
I reported the missing package to fedex and they kept sending me emails asking if I found my package yet, if so click here.
A few days later they redelivered it and guess what, they put it right back in the mail box.
I call every time they do it and nothing ever happens.
I asked the person at the PO about it once and they said they bring back anything in mail boxes that are not supposed to be there, and find who put it there and fine them.
So in the case of fedex, they fine them and make them come pick them up at the PO and then redeliver it.
But yet, they still continue to do it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong address items placed in your mailbox that, instead of taking to your neighbor or notifying usps of their error, you opened and then threw away because you couldn’t use them.   Do I have that right?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What a douche thing to do.
You saw the address was not yours, so instead of putting it back in the mailbox with a note saying wrong address, you open the package that is not yours, see it is not something you want, and then throw it away.
I feel sorry for the people it was supposed to go to, as they never got their package.
Quoted:

Wrong address items placed in your mailbox that, instead of taking to your neighbor or notifying usps of their error, you opened and then threw away because you couldn't use them.   Do I have that right?
satire is lost on some people
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I did not have any option for shipping, as I did not even know it had shipped.
Usually I do not have any issues with the postal service and it is ups and fedex that give me issues.

ups likes to deliver to my neighbor, even though I bought the biggest mailbox lowes had, and the biggest numbers I could put on the side of it too. Driving by at 40mph you can still see my house number on my mailbox.
They have to drive by my mailbox to get to my neighbors house, who has a small mailbox with small numbers on it. How they miss my giant numbers, I do not know. But it is always the same neighbor.
Luckily we know each other and he texts me there is a package for me on his porch.

fedex likes to put their packages in my mailbox (which is illegal) and I have had the post office carrier take the package out of the mailbox and take it back with them to the post office if they deliver before I get home. The first time it happened I did not know that was what happened.
I reported the missing package to fedex and they kept sending me emails asking if I found my package yet, if so click here.
A few days later they redelivered it and guess what, they put it right back in the mail box.
I call every time they do it and nothing ever happens.
I asked the person at the PO about it once and they said they bring back anything in mail boxes that are not supposed to be there, and find who put it there and fine them.
So in the case of fedex, they fine them and make them come pick them up at the PO and then redeliver it.
But yet, they still continue to do it.
View Quote

I'm convinced Fedex has a recruiting booth
outside every prison.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Had many wrong deliveries though not so much lately.  USPS will also falsify the 'tracking' information to make it look like they were ok when they are not.  Most recently, a USPS package arrived much earlier than expected.  Several days later their 'tracking' said it was on its way, to be delivered on xyz date, later claimed to have delivered it on xyz.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I concluded a while back that most USPS delivery personnel simply don't give a shit about doing their jobs right.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#40]
I've slowed down on buying parts and try my best to purchase from places that offer a clear choice with shipping (like Primary Arms). I get hesitant to order from places that I don't know who they use. USPS has gone down a steep decline over the last couple years in my area.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#41]
For probably 10 years we had the same USPS lady.  Her name was Rachael.  She was excellent.  If I got a package in the mail, she would bring it to the house and leave it on the back porch.  If it was raining she would leave it in my truck if it was at the house.  We gave her a gift card at Christmas and never had one issue with our mail.

She retired 2 or 3 years ago and now it seems like we have a different carrier every week.  A couple months ago, I came home and found 5 other peoples mail in my box including someone’s meds from a pharmacy.  Guess he just quit there and shoved it all in my box.  I spent the next 20 minutes doing his job.

Op, hope you get your barrel, or a refund.  USPS is not trustworthy anymore.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've slowed down on buying parts and try my best to purchase from places that offer a clear choice with shipping (like Primary Arms). I get hesitant to order from places that I don't know who they use. USPS has gone down a steep decline over the last couple years in my area.
View Quote

Here too, all the employees that were here
two years have been replaced with less than
normal people.  They treat me as if I am
their enemy.
The contract  guy on my
route once threatened me.  He's a favorite
of the Postmistress so no complaints are
listened to.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Long ago, I had many deliveries that were in the next zip code (same street and number).
Luckily, it was a nice old lady that was very pro-gun, and she always notified me and it wasn't far.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#44]
My USPS is pretty reliable.  In the last 2-3 YEARS I have walked. 2 pkgs. to their rightful address.  Decent street full of neighbors.  Ones I know would do the same.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#45]
I run a business and we ship exclusively with USPS. It’s common enough to have a lost package but not often and I’ve definitely seen some goofy stuff. Whenever something gets lost I’m always the one losing the money; I reship the order and do my best to run the investigation with USPS for the customer.

Roughly 50% of the time it is a loss for me, in both money and time, with no insurance money recovered from USPS. But I’d rather have the customers using my product and happy with their service than upset that they never got what they paid for.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#46]
These threads make me glad that my address is not deliverable by USPS and we have a PO box. Its hard to fuck up a PO box delivery, though they still do that  occasionally still.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#47]
They can pull a picture of the package 75% of the time or better.  This would show if the package was truly mis marked.  I have had that happen once.  Also the carrier will go to the house that is was misdelivered to and try and get it back.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yeah, had it happen to me . What was worse was the cunts opened the package (ammo) and called the police.  They also tore open the corner of an envelope to check out the contents.  

I should have raised hell.  Scumbag white trash hippie liberals
View Quote
Thats ironic because if it had the name and address of someone else than it should have been illegal for them to open it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I just had this happen with Fedex a couple months ago. Tracking said it was unable to deliver while I was home all day.  I filed a claim with Fedex, but they came back and said they couldn't help. Right after that, tracking changed to delivered, but it was nowhere to be found. I contacted the vendor (Lanbo's Armory) and they shipped a new one (I'm pretty sure they just ate the cost of the lost one). It was an American Defense Aimpoint mount. I told them to use the USPS this time.

I've had a lot of issues with Fedex. They once left $500 worth of tires just sitting at the road at the end of my driveway. Just last week, they left another package in the same place (even took a picture of it right there at the end of my driveway by the road). They've failed to deliver to me multiple times, even when I've been home all day (could have been left at the road an stolen for all I know).
View Quote

I’ve bitched about FedEx on this forum before, but I’ll do it again. They did the same thing with a DD upper -
$800 in a box left near the road (a residential road turning into a thorough way). A nice picture of it showing as delivered, bisecting the driveway and the road.

Then two or three packages lost in “delivery attempted but you weren’t home” or “business was closed” limbo. A few gifts for family members delayed and delayed. Then “delivered” but not there. Then you talk with the retards in their customer service department.

Motherfucking lead paint chip eating motherfuckers the lot of them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#50]
UPS has been stellar for us, same as Amazon. USPS hasn't really screwed anything up for me in years, good people out here.
FedEx...there's a different story. They left two TVs in front of a house and sent us the picture...not my house. Fortunately we did recognize the neighbor's house and recovered the TVs. Had another package delivered to that same neighbor...but they went PAST his house down deep into his property and left the package on an oil drum in front of one of his sheds. Package also recovered. I try to avoid Fedex and have everything delivered UPS. They WILL actually ring the bell with signature deliveries AND wait. Leaving coolers full of ice and cold drinks helps that aspect...it's bribery, but in Arizona summers it's welcome bribery!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top