Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Whenever someone asks how I got my screen name I tell them, It's because I'm so average and boring that I can stand right in front of someone and they wont even notice I'm there.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've harnessed the craft of invisibility.

Here's me hiding in broad daylight, in a crowd.

Can you find me?

Here's the suit I have on:

It's kind of a "minimalist" ninja getup.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a secondary job once, inspecting damaged freight, taking photos, and writing up a report for the insurance companies.  All I needed for the job was a clipboard, a Polaroid camera, and some forms.

In all the time I did that job, only once did someone ask me for ID before I entered the area where the damaged items were stored.  I was amazed at the way a simple clipboard opened up so many doors.  Private homes, hotels, loading docks, factory floors, an industrial lab, the local airport, even the police station once.

The one time that I was asked, I told her that truth--that this was a part time job and I didn't have anything to show her.  I also told her that she wasn't going to be paid for her damage claim unless I took a photo and wrote up a report.  She let me in anyway.  For all she knew, I might have been Jack the Ripper, of even a Ninja.

Steve

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:20:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Anonymous internet poster is pretty good cover, too.  Particularly if you are skilled at getting people to talk about themselves and their work.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:31:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Mindset also plays a factor.  I've found it is helpful to close your eyes, visualize your environment, then visualize yourself becoming a part of that environment, like a chameleon.  

You just become one with your environment, a part of it, at least inside your mind.  In a sense, you can create your own reality.  I suppose it aids you in subconsciously acting like you belong, and it's extremely easy to learn to do.  

I used to do this extensively in high school where I was the geek and people often wanted to start trouble.  This mindset thing seems to work particularly well on the weak-minded.  My experience with it has been that the only people who will notice you are those who are specifically hunting for YOU personally.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mindset also plays a factor.  I've found it is helpful to close your eyes, visualize your environment, then visualize yourself becoming a part of that environment, like a chameleon.  

I just pictured you as JP in "Grandma's Boy" in the scene where he's pressed against the wall trying to act invisible. Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:43:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just pictured you as JP in "Grandma's Boy" in the scene where he's pressed against the wall trying to act invisible. Sorry.

HAHAHA, not exactly.  I would just do it in my head while walking down a hallway, sitting down at lunch, etc.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:44:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Around here, just leave your teeth unbrushed, put on a dirty flannel and t-shirt, some torn jeans and worn-out boots, a dirty hat, throw some change in a cup, and sit down somewhere. Works best if you have a beard and longish hair, though.

dude, you shaved your own eyebrows.  your advice is now tainted.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Find the Ninja in this photo:

Who "blends in", who doesn't?

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Find the Ninja in this photo:

Who "blends in", who doesn't?

The black guy

He's the only one thats black that i see
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I went to ninjutsu class once.  The guy was pretty hardcore.  That day's lesson was how to break people's legs and shove glasses up their nose.  It's all about fighting dirty and using anything at your disposal to win.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#12]

I actually happen to have perfected the art of invisibility.

When I go out to a club or to a party, I'm invisible. I can walk right up to a woman and start talking to her and it's obvious she sees and hears nothing!

I am so good.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Whiaaaaaaa-YAAA!!

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:16:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Being invisible is easy. Child's play - literally.

OK. Everyone close your eyes.

See! I'm invisible!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top