Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
How about the Egyptian Maadi that was imported by Steyr-USA?
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Wolverines !!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#3]

That's a nice one. Looks like a Sile NY imported norinco? Has the black bolt carrier. Keep that one.

Quoted:
Might be time to sell my 1988 vintage Norinco 56S?

<a href="http://s252.photobucket.com/user/StevenH_2008/media/Michiguns/004_zps44eca597.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/StevenH_2008/Michiguns/004_zps44eca597.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wolverines !!!!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wolverines !!!!!!

I held the actual gun used in that scene. It was from a museum/rental house place in Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Chinese Clayco Underfolder, which came in before Norinco or Polytech were even dreamed of.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I read in a vintage article that those things were sold at a premium when they first came out. Ammo wasn't exactly cheap, either.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:57:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I read in a vintage article that those things were sold at a premium when they first came out. Ammo wasn't exactly cheap, either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ammo was made of unobtainium until Norinco (China North labeled) ammo started being imported, then it was $60 for 2 550rd (Thats right,5.45cents per round) spam cans of armor piercing stuff those were the days.
I lived in NYC & UPS used to deliver the crates containing 2 spam cans each right to my front door, how thing have changed in this commie state!
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 6:18:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have a Chinese Clayco Underfolder, which came in before Norinco or Polytech were even dreamed of.
View Quote
Actually those were Norincos.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When I win the lottery, I'm getting a Poly Tech Legend.
View Quote

The best of the non-Russians.

I paid $1,300 for mine NIB in 1992. I thought I'd been ripped off then, but she's the undisputed queen of my safe now...
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

A couple of mine:

I blame Red Dawn.  Saw it as a kid and always wanted them.  Of course those aren't FA..

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 6:28:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I sold this Hungarian pre-ban on the EE about 3 years ago for $2000. I imagine a pre-ban Chinese would bring about the same amount.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok, I'll clarifiy.  The Clayco came in before Norinco or Polytech ever dreamed of how popular and lucrative importing AKs into the US could be.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ok, I'll clarifiy.  The Clayco came in before Norinco or Polytech ever dreamed of how popular and lucrative importing AKs into the US could be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember the first Chinese AKs were marketed as Clayco.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I sold this Hungarian pre-ban on the EE about 3 years ago for $2000. I imagine a pre-ban Chinese would bring about the same amount.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-RkxlsfiHSho/SlprSLsjnLI/AAAAAAAAAGM/-sDtPDtwEVI/s800/AKM_a.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:53:53 AM EDT
[#15]
People are incredibly gullible as they think their 8 pound shit is filled with gold.

The only way it will be worth more than 2k is if it is NEW IN BOX, AND THAT INCLUDES THE BOX AND EVERYTHING ELSE WITH IT, UNFIRED CONDITION.

Looking at Hungarian AK's pre-bans, and it is a cluster fuck of fucken idiots who think without a box, without a magazine or bayonet or anything else MUCH LESS maybe the SLING and it is still worth 2k go categorically eat shit and die a vicious death with meth.

People are clearly UTTERLY STUPID in the gun world.

Buy a blue book and please learn to judge conditions because your great condition with chunks of wood missing and the finish worn off is not GREAT condition ya damn fool.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#16]
OK.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
People are incredibly gullible as they think their 8 pound shit is filled with gold.

The only way it will be worth more than 2k is if it is NEW IN BOX, AND THAT INCLUDES THE BOX AND EVERYTHING ELSE WITH IT, UNFIRED CONDITION.

Looking at Hungarian AK's pre-bans, and it is a cluster fuck of fucken idiots who think without a box, without a magazine or bayonet or anything else MUCH LESS maybe the SLING and it is still worth 2k go categorically eat shit and die a vicious death with meth.

Buy a blue book and please learn to judge conditions because your great condition with chunks of wood missing and the finish worn off is not GREAT condition ya damn fool.

View Quote

I don't even have an AK for sale and I feel somehow embarrassed and ashamed of myself after reading this dressing down.

All I can say is ................ I'm so sorry.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Feel whatever you feel. It goes both ways.

I sold my pre-ban Kassnar Full stock which was unused and the previous collector put it in a sealed bag, had the instruction manuals, warranty card unfilled, and also the sales receipt for 339.99 purchased at B and B in North Hollywood. That got sold for $2500 and the guy that bought was more than happy.

But I did get offers from people as low balled at 500 because " I cahn git a AHMD56 for 439.99 and it sez made in Hungary on the sides, what makes your so different"

I'm not turning angry for Noobies....being noobies but mainly people who don't do enough research besides their LGS lores, myths, and legends.

I think it is to me just a general dumbing down of society in general.

My apologies for my rant but somedays.....the stupidity of people doesn't surprise me anymore, it just makes me feel like I'm in some kind of candid camera reality show.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-RkxlsfiHSho/SlprSLsjnLI/AAAAAAAAAGM/-sDtPDtwEVI/s800/AKM_a.jpg
View Quote

the SA-85M is the best one that has been made IMO.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

As someone who buys and sells guns for a living, this.

We get people in all the time with their "mint condition" guns, and they want the moon for them. For example, a guy brings in a Norinco 56S that was tapco fucked and rattle canned desert camo. Asked what he wanted for it, and he said "I won't settle for less than $2,000 since that's what they are going for on Gunbroker."  

People often use Gunbroker as a crutch, but fail to acknowledge that 1:) the gun has been relisted on GB for 8 months because no one wants to pay that price, and 2:) the guns on gunbroker are in way better condition than their gun.

Asking price is way different than the selling price on GB
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Bingo^^^^^
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Pre Ban Chiccom Aks, HKP7m13s and land.....they ain't making anymore.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Bump.

Picked up a polytech spiker that will be here tomorrow and a in box Polytech sidefolder that ships tomorrow. Great week for me. I'll post pics apon arrival.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#24]
There's a preban norinco early sile NY NY ak47s like this one at lgs right now , they want $1k for it, no box, only would call it good condition.  I might jump at $800 but not there price.

quote]Quoted:

That's a nice one. Looks like a Sile NY imported norinco? Has the black bolt carrier. Keep that one.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone with half a brain knows why the Chicom AK's are as costly as they are.
No more are coming into the country.
What's here is what's here.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Are you saying that supply and demand are what is dictating the price of guns no longer able to be brought in to the US?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I used to get ShotgunNews in the mid 80's before the bans and those were $169 or so.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I picked one up last Nov. Just could not pass up at LGS. Norico model 56S AK47 NIB never fired, all items 3 mags. $1456.25 OTD. One owner bought new in 1986. I like it more than my preban Yugo which I happen to really think is the shitz....
View Quote

fo a ak??

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#29]

I paid $300 for this cute little noname Chinese underfolder in 1989...

It came with one trash can...

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

fo a ak??

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I picked one up last Nov. Just could not pass up at LGS. Norico model 56S AK47 NIB never fired, all items 3 mags. $1456.25 OTD. One owner bought new in 1986. I like it more than my preban Yugo which I happen to really think is the shitz....

fo a ak??

I used to think just like you, until I scored a Yugo m92. Now I want 2 more AK's a Chinese fixed stock spiker and an underfolder spiker.
Which Chinese brand is better as far as looks, fit reliability,  Norinco or Polytec?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Doesn't surprise me.
I sold a Arsenal a while back for a little over $2,000.
AK guys are teh crazy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I used to think just like you, until I scored a Yugo m92. Now I want 2 more AK's a Chinese fixed stock spiker and an underfolder spiker.
Which Chinese brand is better as far as looks, fit reliability,  Norinco or Polytec?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fo a ak??

Polytec seems to build a better finished rifle & they bring a $$ premium.

Quoted:
I used to get ShotgunNews in the mid 80's before the bans and those were $169 or so.

The only new Chinese AKs  I ever saw priced under $200 were the bastardised MAK90's converted to comply with the import ban.
Polytech spikers were around $350 & Sile NY Norincos were around $320 if your FFL was a good guy
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The only new Chinese AKs  I ever saw priced under $200 were the bastardised MAK90's converted to comply with the import ban.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fo a ak??

Thanks. All these numbers/designations can be a little confusing! Almost as bad as learning the S&W models.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Paid $1K shipped for my Polytech spiker.

<a href="http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/plikatok/media/Polytech%20AKS-762/04982899-C8DC-4DF0-8A80-1BF0587A7027-26034-00001404467DB16E_zpsa06a1130.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd386/plikatok/Polytech%20AKS-762/04982899-C8DC-4DF0-8A80-1BF0587A7027-26034-00001404467DB16E_zpsa06a1130.jpg</a>
View Quote

Had one like that but lost it in the Tsunami/ Hurricane/ Earthquake.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Love my AR but my Polytechs are my fav!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#36]
The finish and specifications of Chinese AKs were in a large part dictated by the importer.  A lot of Poly Techs were somewhat sub-par to the Sile imports, sometimes the other way around, etc.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Pre bans are legal again in CT.  I hear they pay great ransom for a good AK.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I picked up my Polytech for a song about 3 years ago
at the local Pawn shop...they just thought it was another

old AK...
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#39]
I wouldn't give Norinco a heads up on Polytech any day of the week. Polytechs entire goal was to make an all around greater Civilian US AK rifle than anyone out there at the time. Hungarian pre bans would be the closest runner up. That or Mitchell Arms Yugos which may even be better. Norinco made a great military spec semi auto US civilian AK but there was a lot more emphasis in specifications in the other imports listed.

Quoted:
The finish and specifications of Chinese AKs were in a large part dictated by the importer.  A lot of Poly Techs were somewhat sub-par to the Sile imports, sometimes the other way around, etc.    
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I wouldn't give Norinco a heads up on Polytech any day of the week. Polytechs entire goal was to make a better platform Civilian US AK rifle than anyone out there at the time. Hungarian pre bans would be the closest runner up. That or Mitchell Arms Yugos which may even be better. Norinco made a great military spec semi auto US civilian AK but there was a lot more emphasis in specifications in the other imports listed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wouldn't give Norinco a heads up on Polytech any day of the week. Polytechs entire goal was to make a better platform Civilian US AK rifle than anyone out there at the time. Hungarian pre bans would be the closest runner up. That or Mitchell Arms Yugos which may even be better. Norinco made a great military spec semi auto US civilian AK but there was a lot more emphasis in specifications in the other imports listed.

Quoted:

LOL.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Not sure is so funny about this unless you can prove show otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Polytech spikers were around $350 & Sile NY Norincos were around $320 if your FFL was a good guy
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fo a ak??

Quoted:

This was before there were any bans. You could still buy machine guns too.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:31:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

fo a ak??

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fo a ak??

You have no idea, do you?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah it's not a question of price based on cost of manufacture, or what they cost 20-30 years ago...can't get anymore imported so you want one, you pay the going rate .
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:25:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep Clayco is a Norinco
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:36:39 AM EDT
[#46]
If you think those prices are bad, don't even bother to look at "Russian" parts kits.. Especially with the original barrel.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:38:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
When I win the lottery, I'm getting a Poly Tech Legend.
View Quote

First rifle I ever bought was a PT Legend NM.  I am thinking that was '88 or '89.  Still have it...though the box was thrown out long ago.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:40:00 AM EDT
[#48]
The problem with these Chinese AKs is once you buy one, you'll be hungry for another  in an hour.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

What drives me batty is people building those shot out SA-85 kits on an American receiver and calling them Hungarian SA-85s. Same with the AMDs. They need to be kicked in the junk.

I'm the original owner of a sporter SA-85M. That has the slickest action I've ever seen on any AK. I'll jump on a good deal on a full stock pre-89 SA-85 but I'm happy with the one I have now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:49:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Someone in the AK subforum actually took prices from the last 90 days and figured out fair market value based on condition. Mak 90's were $550-$750 depending on condition but if it was a 56 they were worth alittle more and underfolds are going for about $1100 or less.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top