Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Candidate Trump made a lot of pro 2A comments.  President Trump is a gun banner at heart, but he was and will continue to be the lesser of evils.
View Quote
How does that "lesser evil" part play out in the long run?

It's that whole #gottasupporttheteam mindset-Make excuses/justifications/defenses/counter accusations when our side passes gun control (or increase spending,expands the size of gov.,etc..) and bitch about the left doing it.

What is this long term plan of lesser evil each time going to give us?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Would be nice if he actually did something pro 2a. So far he has done nothing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Would be nice if he actually did something pro 2a. So far he has done nothing.
View Quote
Hell,"nothing" would have been better than  a Bumpstock ban and his bullshit with feinswine.

We can't even get a Status Quo when the pro gun Party is in power.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Trump doesn't really understand guns or the gun community.
View Quote
LOL.  Based on the new "special snowflake" CoC here, I don't think many people understand the gun community.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
LOL.  Based on the new "special snowflake" CoC here, I don't think many people understand the gun community.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell,I don't understand the gun community-supposed to be pro 2nd Amendment,but constantly support those who pass laws against it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's not what he says.

It's what he does.
View Quote
This! I always remind my son that actions speak louder than words.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's that whole #gottasupporttheteam mindset-Make excuses/justifications/defenses/counter accusations when our side passes gun control (or increase spending,expands the size of gov.,etc..) and bitch about the left doing it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Candidate Trump made a lot of pro 2A comments.  President Trump is a gun banner at heart, but he was and will continue to be the lesser of evils.

If you can't primary a more pro gun candidate, do you vote for Trump or (fill in the blank - Harris, Warren, Biden, etc)?  I get it.  It's a slow burn and the only hope is a pro gun electable candidate will emerge for '24.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Elections are coming.

That is all.

And I love Trump, but his lack of followthrough on 2A and bumpstocks position is disappointing.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you can't primary a more pro gun candidate, do you vote for Trump or (fill in the blank - Harris, Warren, Biden, etc)?  I get it.  It's a slow burn and the only hope is a pro gun electable candidate will emerge for '24.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense,but I've been hearing that shit for 30+ years.This is the most important election EVER-we'll have a better candidate next time for sure........

And all we've gotten is gun control,more spending,and bigger government.Trump was the first Presidential candidate on the ballot that I voted for in decades,even though I had reservations knowing his past,I figured he was worth a shot.He lost my vote this time around.

I'll go back to a write in or 3rd Party.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think that is the thought of any reasonable person. I love him and will definitely vote for him but holy shit I hope he is getting some sort of message on the 2nd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Elections are coming.

That is all.

And I love Trump, but his lack of followthrough on 2A and bumpstocks position is disappointing.
I think that is the thought of any reasonable person. I love him and will definitely vote for him but holy shit I hope he is getting some sort of message on the 2nd.
Yea the message he is getting is that he can be even more antigun and you will still not only vote for him but declare to the world your support of his actions and willingness to vote for him.

I can’t wait to see the next republican, I predict rick Scott.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
America's real problem...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
More Americans are concerned about a stupid TV show, in which a whore picks some guy for a date.  
America's real problem...
That should be the name of the show.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No offense,but I've been hearing that shit for 30+ years...And all we've gotten is gun control

View Quote
LOL, it doesn't matter if you heard for 100 years, it is something that applies to every election.  You have a choice of someone not great and someone who will be terrible.  One of those two is going to win.  Scream at the sky all you want about 3rd parties but they have accomplished nothing over those same 30 years.

What you should be doing is spending time and money to help pro-gun candidates in the primary.  But doing nothing and then bitching about the results is much easier.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hell,I don't understand the gun community-supposed to be pro 2nd Amendment,but constantly support those who pass laws against it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are to the Republican Party what black people are to the Democrats.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LOL, it doesn't matter if you heard for 100 years, it is something that applies to every election.  You have a choice of someone not great and someone who will be terrible.  One of those two is going to win.  Scream at the sky all you want about 3rd parties but they have accomplished nothing over those same 30 years.

What you should be doing is spending time and money to help pro-gun candidates in the primary.  But doing nothing and then bitching about the results is much easier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense,but I've been hearing that shit for 30+ years...And all we've gotten is gun control

Cool so what pro gun candidates are you suggesting?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#15]
For most of my 62 years, I've voted against a candidate, not FOR one. Just saying??.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He wants Wayne LaPierre for POTUS
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For most of my 62 years, I've voted against a candidate, not FOR one. Just saying??.
View Quote
You don’t want me to do that.
Picking between the guy that banned something I own after saying he wouldn’t vs somebody who says they want to ban something but probably can’t, won’t go well at all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn’t qualify I said pro gun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#19]
The republicans only represents the wealthiest Americans. Us regular folk just get tied to the party because we support a strong military, small government, reductions in spending, and the 2A.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The republicans only represents the wealthiest Americans. Us regular folk just get tied to the party because we support a strong military, small government, reductions in spending, and the 2A.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm nobody in the grand scheme of things.

Romney didn't even make the top 5 in our caucus here,and look how that turned out.I sent money to Nehlen and Ward,and look how that turned out.I call,write,and e-mail my reps on a regular basis,all for pretty much nothing.I did work hard to boot our dem state senator and replace him with a pro gun Republican.All I can do is local.

I can only affect those around me,and have no sway over the rest of the state or country,and when the majority doesn't want smaller government,less spending,and an original 2nd Amendment,those of us that do are screwed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

And like the blacks,most are proud of it.........
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you're saying we should get Trump primaried out of running for re-election on the Republican ticket?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Can anyone name a single republican POTUS who did a damn thing for us to restore any of rights?
The either took rights or did nothing. Hell Bush Jr even said do not put another AWB on my desk because he would sign it.

It is all about voting in the lesser of two evils.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
And how has that worked out?

Hell,we still have the Dept of Education that Reagan ran on getting rid of.The same Reagan that increased the size and spending of the gov. even with all his great speeches..............

You and I wont see what it's like 50 yrs from now,but I'm guessing we'll have an even bigger government,spending in the Jillions,and a shitload of restrictions on what's left of the 2nd............and they'll still be supporting the lesser evil as a winning strategy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can anyone name a single republican POTUS who did a damn thing for us to restore any of rights?
The either took rights or did nothing. Hell Bush Jr even said do not put another AWB on my desk because he would sign it.

View Quote
Nope.

And I had hopes that Trump would be the first.....

The lesser evil is still evil,so I'll pass.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

I always envisioned our relationship with the Republican party as looking like this.

Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is seriously your argument FOR voting lesser of two evils?

Voting lesser of two evils caused that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I always envisioned our relationship with the Republican party as looking like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

That's the thing,we do have somewhere else to go.

BUT,that whole support the team shit keeps most tied to it (like the blacks with the dems).

Someday the two choices will be between slightly lesser evils.........

[youtube]https://youtu.be/l7l9QmtiXHU[/youtube]

25 yr old cartoon sums up the stupidity of the people..............
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

BUT,that whole support the team shit keeps most tied to it (like the blacks with the dems).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/l7l9QmtiXHU

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

What is the other option?  A third party?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it will get worse since gunowners have shown that they will still support the R  no matter what.

It's not a third rail in politics anymore.Voting for restrictions on the 2nd doesn't get you booted from office,but actually rewarded.You'd be kidding yourself if you think those at the top aren't paying attention.

We'll end up with a choice of a Republican wanting to ban mags over 30 rds,and a dem wanting to ban mags over 10 rds,and we'll be told how we just must vote for the lesser evil again...................
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

Third forth fifth......
Yea it’s going to cause some pain but the alternative is to continue to vote for the leftward March. Because it is the 100th consecutive most important election EVER.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

Yes,BUT,it only works if the majority want smaller gov.,less spending,and an original 2nd Amendment.And we know that's not the case,so some of us will vote 3rd party,and the rest will obediently pull the R lever no matter what,and we'll get the government we deserve................
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
And it will get worse since gunowners have shown that they will still support the R  no matter what.

It's not a third rail in politics anymore.Voting for restrictions on the 2nd doesn't get you booted from office,but actually rewarded.You'd be kidding yourself if you think those at the top aren't paying attention.

We'll end up with a choice of a Republican wanting to ban mags over 30 rds,and a dem wanting to ban mags over 10 rds,and we'll be told how we just must vote for the lesser evil again...................
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly
Trump dropped all mentions of  bumpstocks prior to the midterm
Then every ones favorite gun grabbing republican gov Scott wins an election and a month later the bumpstocks became illegal.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#36]
"Sir?
Does this mean that Ann Margret isn't coming"?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Third forth fifth......
Yea it’s going to cause some pain but the alternative is to continue to vote for the leftward March. Because it is the 100th consecutive most important election EVER.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

Third forth fifth......
Unfortunately,it's never gonna happen.

Decades ago,any Republican even suggesting gun control should have been booted out of office never to be heard from again in the world of politics,let alone reelected.We would be in a much better place if we had held them accountable to the Party Platform back then.

Instead,we let them expand gov. and spending,infringe on the 2nd,and bend over and ask for more................
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yes,BUT,it only works if the majority want smaller gov.,less spending,and an original 2nd Amendment.And we know that's not the case,so some of us will vote 3rd party,and the rest will obediently pull the R lever no matter what,and we'll get the government we deserve................
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

So the parties are representing what the majority want?  That's shocking in a representative government.  If only the minority had a recourse in a representative government.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"Sir?
Does this mean that Ann Margret isn't coming"?
View Quote
It means it's a giant shit sandwich,and you have to choose between shit with mustard,or shit with catsup.............pay no attention to that steak cooking on the grill over there,make your choice.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So the parties are representing what the majority want?  That's shocking in a representative government.  If only the minority had a recourse in a representative government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

The majority are ignorant and apathetic and probably don't know what the Constitution is...............
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The majority are ignorant and apathetic and probably don't know what the Constitution is...............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

The problem with such statements is that you really can't prove them, nor are they indicative of anything else other than how you project the public to be.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

Like a constitution?? That only works for a little while, our politicians and judges burned ours decades ago.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Like a constitution?? That only works for a little while, our politicians and judges burned ours decades ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

How so?  Just saying shit like that doesn't magically make it true
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think we all learned that all it will ever be is just talk.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Actions speak louder than words, Mr. President
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

Are you serious?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Are you serious?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

Are you serious?
Yes, certainly you can provide ample evidence that the constitution does not apply today, right?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

we have a 3rd party president right now

he just chose to run in the R primary because it was an easier path in 2016
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#49]
He's running for President, he'll say whatever it takes to get him elected and then do what he actually wants.  Like changing laws via bureaucrats, not actually reducing the debt, not shrinking government, etc etc
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Damn,you prove your own point............. Trump knows the vast majority of gun owners will; support him no matter what,so he can play some lip service.

This is why we are where we are,and where we are headed.

What do you get when you reward bad behavior instead of holding them accountable???
View Quote
Solution?  Please?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top