User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This isn't something to celebrate. It's serious stuff. Who wants a war with millions killed and injured.
View Quote

The people running our government.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ah, Balkans, you belt of dumplings, please never change your game of sloshing in gasoline with a lit match in hand.

4 gunshot wounds to the belly, is what I'm reading.
View Quote
Slovakia isn't part of the Balkans, nor a former Yugoslav republic.

You're thinking of Slovenia, which is.

ETA:  Should have known ARFCOM's 1st Autist Legion would "Well, ackshually" this post several times over already.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

True, but not far off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right now we're just speculating the motives..... but it would not be surprising that a Putin-aligned PM would be the target of many groups in a Baltic state for assassination.

What would be more interesting is if it causes a person that is a more pro-putin president.

Yeah, that's real possible. Which is why I wouldn't be cheering for the assassination.

But I don't know why folks here are in shock that a Baltic state would have citizens that would want to kill their PM if he supports Russia.

Slovakia is not a Baltic state.

True, but not far off.

Other than being separated by over 350 miles and all of Poland, it's totally a Baltic state.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyways, back on track from the thread derail...

More info comes out about the shooter's past and associations.

https://www.euronews.com/2024/05/15/what-is-known-about-suspect-allegedly-involved-in-shooting-of-robert-fico

Slovakian media has identified the shooter as 71-year-old Juraj Cintula, a self-described writer who previously worked as a security guard and is allegedly linked to pro-Russian group Slova ki branci.

Slovakian Prime Minister Robert Fico is currently in hospital following a shooting that occurred following his cabinet's away-from-home session in the town of Handlova.

Slovakian outlets have identified the shooter as the 71-year-old Juraj Cintula.

According to the daily newspaper Dennik N, the suspected perpetrator is a self-described writer from the small western town of Levice and a founding member of the Rainbow Literary Club.

Hungarian investigative journalist Szabolcs Panyi has unearthed Facebook posts reportedly showing Cintula as a sympathiser and supporter of the pro-Russian paramilitary group Slovensk  Branci, known for its links to the Kremlin.

It was a Russian backed guy that did it.
View Quote

Sympathetic Facebook posts == PUTIN DID IT!!

I couldn't have stereotyped this response better.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1789851391571439616/NAO8w_KR?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

More Eastern Europe internecine conflict playing out.

“There is NOTHING in the Balkans that is worth the life of one American soldier.”

True then, still true now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Serious question, did Russia change their definition of a vaccine?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Serious question, did Russia change their definition of a vaccine?

Not sure but they called their shot a “vaccine”.

Quoted:

I think giving speeches and showing up with camo clad members is a bit beyond “sympathetic Facebook posts”

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Boomers sure do cause a lot of problems
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m just going to go ahead and clarify this…

Slovakia and Slovenia are different countries.
The Baltic states are not in the Balkans.
Slovakia used to be part of Czechoslovakia before it split into Czechia (Czech Republic) and Slovakia.
Slovenia is in the Balkans and was previously part of Yugoslavia.
Austria is a country in Europe. Australia is a continent and country on the wrong side of the world.

I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Has the shooter been removed yet?

Surely a white supremacist.
View Quote

He better watch out when they transport him to court, that's all I'm gonna say.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't something to celebrate. It's serious stuff. Who wants a war with millions killed and injured.

The people running the world.

Our government are simply puppets to them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

“There is NOTHING in the Balkans that is worth the life of one American soldier.”

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1789851391571439616/NAO8w_KR?format=jpg&name=small

Slovakia is not in the Balkans.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#13]
The shooter had been a pro-Russian sympathizer until the Russian invasion of Ukraine. His politics look to have changed at that point due to his 'anti-violence' stance. His beef with Fico seems to be with the closing of the anti-corruption office. So this was a domestic thing not having to do with outside forces.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’m just going to go ahead and clarify this…

Slovakia and Slovenia are different countries.
The Baltic states are not in the Balkans.
Slovakia used to be part of Czechoslovakia before it split into Czechia (Czech Republic) and Slovakia.
Slovenia is in the Balkans and was previously part of Yugoslavia.
Austria is a country in Europe. Australia is a continent and country on the wrong side of the world.

I hope this helps.
View Quote

This is Arfcom. No facts only fear and feels.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No kidding. Hard to tell If they are trolls or really just short-sighted small picture thinkers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck Ukraine

I know right! Fuck anyone who wants freedom and resists the commie invaders. Russia were always the good guys.

It's truly an very peculiar position that many on ARF has that they want Russia to win.

Years ago... if a thread came up about the Winter War.. everybody would be on team Finland. Now I think a bunch of members would buy a bunch of bogus conspiracies about Finland being corrupt and the Soviets were the real Christians. Ect ect
No kidding. Hard to tell If they are trolls or really just short-sighted small picture thinkers.

Wtf is this gaslighting shit?

Not wanting to give shitloads of money and munitions to a corrupt eastern european country that several congressmen have dirty dealings in =/= wanting russia to conquer the place.

Why the hell is everything binary to you neocons?

Fuck the entirety of russia, but to hell with putting ourselves in more debt to satisfy your hate-boners.

Now for fuck’s sake, can we stop this derailing nonsense? This is not another uke-bro thread for you folks to shit all over, this is for discussing the attempted assassination of a world leader.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just here to say fuck Ukraine!
View Quote

This shows how stupid your comment is. Keep watching Cucker Tarlson and Alexi Joneskov - you must have a taste for bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/Fh6WWgV/IMG-1864.jpg

This shows how stupid your comment is. Keep watching Cucker Tarlson and Alexi Joneskov - you must have a taste for bullshit.
View Quote

I too trust random memes with no attribution.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google much?

Robert Fico’s Assassination Plot: Shooter Juraj Cintula Linked With Pro-Russian Paramilitary

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/32742

Slovakia: the links between the Fico attacker and the pro-Russian far right

The photo is the shooter with a pro-Russian group.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, if its something they want to be true, then one facebook post is good enough. But if its something like the CIA troll farms story, then they immediately do a deep dive to find some way the source is not good enough
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Of course they would blow up their own pipeline, CNN told me so!
View Quote

Its funny that they (CNN and pro-UKE propaganda) flubbed the narrative about nord stream so  badly that people are making fun of it months/years later.

And in addition to being bad, those psyops are inflexible and non-adaptable like a big corporate process. People can be making fun of their narrative IN ADVANCE, and they still use it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The shooter had been a pro-Russian sympathizer until the Russian invasion of Ukraine. His politics look to have changed at that point due to his 'anti-violence' stance. His beef with Fico seems to be with the closing of the anti-corruption office. So this was a domestic thing not having to do with outside forces.
View Quote

Yeah. Only complete fanatics could believe that Russia tried to kill a pro-Russian politician.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Google much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYwDAQ1aR1U

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/32742

Slovakia: the links between the Fico attacker and the pro-Russian far right

The photo is the shooter with a pro-Russian group.

View Quote

I have to say it is very odd reporting. I'm not pro any government, I prefer people left alone, but this is strange. Why would a pro Russian guy attempt to take out a Putin supporter? It looks like a bad novel.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yep, if its something they want to be true, then one facebook post is good enough. But if its something like the CIA troll farms story, then they immediately do a deep dive to find some way the source is not good enough
View Quote

You say that like it's something that describes only one group and you're not in it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have to say it is very odd reporting. I'm not pro any government, I prefer people left alone, but this is strange. Why would a pro Russian guy attempt to take out a Putin supporter? It looks like a bad novel.
View Quote

Its most likely bullshit trying to push a narrative, just like our fine posters here. Dude could have had a million reasons to hate Fico, and the fact he was vaguely associated with that group doesn't mean much. Remember how they were trying to smear the NRA as a "pro-putin" organization a few years ago as well?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Its most likely bullshit trying to push a narrative, just like our fine posters here. Dude could have had a million reasons to hate Fico, and the fact he was vaguely associated with that group doesn't mean much. Remember how they were trying to smear the NRA as a "pro-putin" organization a few years ago as well?
View Quote

You didn't sign up for the NRA and get the free Putin duffel bag?

Just kidding, I remember that though. They have also called the NRA a domestic terror organization before. Kind of like they go through phases of Trump being a german drumpf nazi, a KKK white supremacist, and then a russian agent.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You didn't sign up for the NRA and get the free Putin duffel bag?

Just kidding, I remember that though. They have also called the NRA a domestic terror organization before. Kind of like they go through phases of Trump being a german drumpf nazi, a KKK white supremacist, and then a russian agent.
View Quote

Honestly a common Psyop technique is to just post whatever motivation you want before anyone else can, peoples memories are short and thats what they remember about it, the first 30second sound byte. And frankly this "investigative reporter" found all these muh Russia links VERY quickly.

Like if dude is pro-Russia, why pop the pro-Russia president. Though I'd say Fico isn't even really pro-Russia, he's more anti-Ukraine war, but you can interpret that many ways.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNogAOFWAAIUbY8.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GNogAOFWAAIUbY8.jpg

Cope harder:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/slovak-prime-minister-attempted-assassination-gunman-charged-murder/

Interior Minister Matus Sutaj Estok said Wednesday that an initial investigation found "a clear political motivation" behind the attack on Fico while he was attending a government meeting in a former coal mining town. However, he said Thursday that the suspect charged was a lone wolf who "did not belong to any political groups."

The minister did not specify what the motivation was. Fico has long been a divisive figure in Slovakia and beyond, and his return to power last year on a pro-Russian, anti-American message led to even greater worries among fellow European Union members that he would abandon his country's pro-Western course.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/16/world-news/lone-wolf-charged-in-slovak-prime-minister-assassination-attempt/

Estok said that the man himself cited his dissatisfaction with several of Fico's policies as motivation for the attack. The minister said presidential elections in the spring prompted the assault, and that the suspect had attended a recent anti-government protest.

"I can confirm to you that the reason it was a politically motivated, attempted premeditated murder is as the suspect himself said: the media information that he had at his disposal," he said. "I think each of you can reflect on the way you presented it."

https://apnews.com/article/slovakia-prime-minister-shooting-fico-23faba11c0f371ef0f69a34861337ae0

Interior Minister Matus Sutaj Estok asked journalists to "reflect" on how they had covered Fico's policies. He referred to the suspect   who was charged with premeditated murder   as a "lone wolf" who did not belong to any political groups, though he said the attack itself was politically motivated.

"I can confirm that this person is not a member of any right-wing or left-wing radicalized party," Estok said.

At the start of Russia's invasion, Slovakia was one of Ukraine's staunchest supporters. Fico halted arms deliveries to Ukraine when he returned to power, his fourth time serving as prime minister.

So, we have a "lone wolf" who after investigation does not appear to belong to any political group on the right or the left, who had expressed dissatisfaction with the current government's policies -- of which a more friendly stance towards Russia and cutting off military aid to Ukraine were two of the most controversial -- and who had recently protested publicly against this same Russia-friendly government.

Using Occam's Razor, which is more likely:  He is pro-Russian, or pro-Ukrainian?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 5:51:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cope harder:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/slovak-prime-minister-attempted-assassination-gunman-charged-murder/

https://nypost.com/2024/05/16/world-news/lone-wolf-charged-in-slovak-prime-minister-assassination-attempt/

https://apnews.com/article/slovakia-prime-minister-shooting-fico-23faba11c0f371ef0f69a34861337ae0

So, we have a "lone wolf" who after investigation does not appear to belong to any political group on the right or the left, who had expressed dissatisfaction with the current government's policies -- of which a more friendly stance towards Russia and cutting off military aid to Ukraine were two of the most controversial -- and who had recently protested publicly against this same Russia-friendly government.

Using Occam's Razor, which is more likely:  He is pro-Russian, or pro-Ukrainian?
View Quote

With that information.... I guess just a normal disallussioned person seeking his "moment". Makes more sense than the prior info.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top