User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It doesn't matter what head gear they wear, they will always suffer the never ending laughter of the Army.

In OSUT at Knox we used to ambush the Marine Tankers and steal their hats so we could watch them run to their barracks with their hands on their heads.  It was HI-LARIOUS!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, another tool to bash Marines with

That's the dumbest looking headgear I've ever seen.  Did they actually pay some pogue to think of this shit?  Need a real Marine to stomp a mid hole in his ass.  

That or suffer the never ending laughter of the Army.

It doesn't matter what head gear they wear, they will always suffer the never ending laughter of the Army.

In OSUT at Knox we used to ambush the Marine Tankers and steal their hats so we could watch them run to their barracks with their hands on their heads.  It was HI-LARIOUS!

BULLSHIT!
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

BULLSHIT!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, another tool to bash Marines with

That's the dumbest looking headgear I've ever seen.  Did they actually pay some pogue to think of this shit?  Need a real Marine to stomp a mid hole in his ass.  

That or suffer the never ending laughter of the Army.

BULLSHIT!

There's always one in the crowd-just ignore him.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's a shame the marine corp is so jacked up. I swear, if there is a ww3 and we are sending boots on ground, no offense but the first wave is gonna be easy as shit to destroy the second wave where they recall all bad ass stacked marines that gott out,  it's gonna create a shock to the enemy bc their gonna meet some bad ass devils that don't quite fit pc of the nowadays corps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA Gunny is salt as fuck!

Check out PFC that Terminal Lance posted today:

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1381406_10201808606233434_1099910894_n.jpg

It's a shame the marine corp is so jacked up. I swear, if there is a ww3 and we are sending boots on ground, no offense but the first wave is gonna be easy as shit to destroy the second wave where they recall all bad ass stacked marines that gott out,  it's gonna create a shock to the enemy bc their gonna meet some bad ass devils that don't quite fit pc of the nowadays corps.

Can someone translate this for me?
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Of course a little explanation to those Non USMC types might be in order...

The cover worn now (whether it be green or white) is one that is taken apart to be stowed in the seabag etc...

It may look similar to the other services hats but theirs are not able to be taken apart for storage or even for change of the actual cloth cover.

You only need one bill / frame assembly and you can have multiple cloth covers of varying colors (I remember having different ones back in 73 - Khaki, tropical, green wool and green polyester along with white).

The Dan Daily style was probably replaced with the new style because it might not have been as easy to make it compact for storage (those that have posted here that own them might either be able to confirm or make this statement moot.)

That is the opinion and information I have to share in this discussion.

Ted...
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The cover worn now (whether it be green or white) is one that is taken apart to be stowed in the seabag etc...

It may look similar to the other services hats but theirs are not able to be taken apart for storage or even for change of the actual cloth cover.

You only need one bill / frame assembly and you can have multiple cloth covers of varying colors (I remember having different ones back in 73 - Khaki, tropical, green wool and green polyester along with white).

The Dan Daily style was probably replaced with the new style because it might not have been as easy to make it compact for storage (those that have posted here that own them might either be able to confirm or make this statement moot.)

Ted...
View Quote

That is how the combination cover works in all services.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Does the USMC lose their mind every time it shifts back into peacetime?
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Does the USMC lose their mind every time it shifts back into peacetime?
View Quote

You should see what the other branches are doing.

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I saw it on a USMC facebook page soliciting input.

Reminds me of this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/48/DanielDaly.jpg/478px-DanielDaly.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this a troll thread
I saw it on a USMC facebook page soliciting input.

Reminds me of this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/48/DanielDaly.jpg/478px-DanielDaly.jpg

That's what I was thinking.  It looks really old school.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Matt Bracken photochop.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Why is Mr. Bojangles so concerned about micromanaging shit like this?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#12]
No !!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was walking into one of the "one stop" check-in buildings on Lucy Brewer St. at Lejeune around 2005 or 2006 for something-probably to register my POV, and a MSgt and LCpl were walking out together as I was approaching the entrance.  They both had their Alpha dress uniforms on, as is customary when you check in.  The MSgt had about five rows of ribbons and looked fairly weathered.  The LCpl had about four.  He may have been a LCpl 2nd Award, but he was still young.

Kind of like the RSO I met out at ETA-5 in May of 2005 when he scheduled a range inspection to get cleared from the range they occupied the previous day and finished with.  He was a GySgt from 2nd Recon and looked about 24 years old-if that.

War.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know Sgt that have that many.

Yup, you're a Marine.

Son Bitch

I was walking into one of the "one stop" check-in buildings on Lucy Brewer St. at Lejeune around 2005 or 2006 for something-probably to register my POV, and a MSgt and LCpl were walking out together as I was approaching the entrance.  They both had their Alpha dress uniforms on, as is customary when you check in.  The MSgt had about five rows of ribbons and looked fairly weathered.  The LCpl had about four.  He may have been a LCpl 2nd Award, but he was still young.

Kind of like the RSO I met out at ETA-5 in May of 2005 when he scheduled a range inspection to get cleared from the range they occupied the previous day and finished with.  He was a GySgt from 2nd Recon and looked about 24 years old-if that.

War.

Yep. One of my coworkers got out right before Iraq and when he sees the uniforms of the guys who stayed in, they were getting more in one year than he had in four.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Teddy Roosevelt era, fuck yeah!

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/h95000/h95652.jpg

View Quote
Lifer in front is all "FML I had to get dressed up for THIS"

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ted...

I was active USMC 82 -86, and owned a set of dress blues, including the combo
cover. I was also Army NG 87 91, and owned the green service cap. It didn't
come apart like the USMC combo cover.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm the definition of terminal lance, I actually rate a service stripe too but I havent gotten around to putting it on

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j338/mschingler1/DSC_3406_zps4fff9e61.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA Gunny is salt as fuck!

Check out PFC that Terminal Lance posted this today:

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1381406_10201808606233434_1099910894_n.jpg

Art. 15 FTMFW.

I'm the definition of terminal lance, I actually rate a service stripe too but I havent gotten around to putting it on

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j338/mschingler1/DSC_3406_zps4fff9e61.jpg

I didn't know you were in the Corps, Nicholas Cage. How do you find time for making movies?

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#18]
ok

so we have super-FRO saying it's only for chicks on her facebook page

Bonnie Amos, First Lady of the Marine Corps · 7,366 like this
10 hours ago · ..

I'd like to address some questions I have been getting: the President in no way, shape or form directed the Marine Corps to change our uniform cover. We are looking for a new cover for our female Marines for one overriding reason: the former manufacturer went out of business. The Marine Corps has zero intention of changing the male cover.

View Quote

but you have MARCORSYSCOM saying it's up for a vote through the Sgts Maj

http://www.marcorsyscom.marines.mil/News/PressReleaseArticleDisplay/tabid/8007/Article/152335/board-asks-marines-opinions-about-uniform-issues.aspx

One issue is whether the Corps should adopt universal, unisex dress and service caps—either the current male frame cap with modifications or the Dan Daly cap, which had previously been identified as the replacement cap for the female “bucket” cover.  
View Quote

so.... Mrs. Amos' facebook page is blowing up - which we all know is the best way to get command change

but who knows what they'll actually do.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top