Quoted:

WTF do you have against the whales bro?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And global cooling. IMO, nuclear winter is a seemingly logical theory, but we don't have the intellect or data to really know. Shit it seems a better theory than the climate change nonsense.

Nuclear discussion always reminds me that we should have nuked Riyadh on 9/12/2001. Then Kandahar City a few weeks later if they still wanted some. Then nuke some whales in the Pacific, as a message to the hippies.

I tend to agree it seems logical

Hippie located.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Hippie located.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And global cooling. IMO, nuclear winter is a seemingly logical theory, but we don't have the intellect or data to really know. Shit it seems a better theory than the climate change nonsense.

Nuclear discussion always reminds me that we should have nuked Riyadh on 9/12/2001. Then Kandahar City a few weeks later if they still wanted some. Then nuke some whales in the Pacific, as a message to the hippies.

Hippie located.

nonesense.

Whales are perfect keto food.

But you can’t eat them if you nuke them, it’s like a rule or something.

ETA: I may or may not have shwoopemhausened down on some whales on the surface and scared the living shit out of them, then waited for them to surface and did it again. Maybe more than once.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

nonesense.

ETA: I may or may not have shwoopemhausened down on some whales on the surface and scared the living shit out of them, then waited for them to surface and did it again. Maybe more than once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hippie located.

nonesense.

Make me king for a day and you'll get some nuked whales and tags for whale fishing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fuck you whale!
View Quote

I never said it out loud. Just thought it a time or two.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Understatement.

A couple of well placed bombs in 12 ( are there that many ) electronic chip factories would end civilization in its current form.

Just 50% or less of the oil wells being destroyed would do it to
View Quote

There's too many oil wells to destroy 50%
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So here is a twist in the plot, tensions are very high,  we anticipate some time of serious response from Russia, we see one ICBM inbound to US soil or make it 3. detonation estimated in 20 minutes, we know the impact point is in the US on a city (s)

Do we assume that is the only one or 3 or is it possible all the others are blocked by sensor jamming and we just don’t see them but they are there. If they have employed some type of sensor block, and we don’t launch full scale, we lose the ability to retaliate and issue launch orders to our subs.

Do we bet on the come?
What does poopy pants do.

Because Vandenburg has announced an ICBM launch to show our resolve ( this is real world happening now, not part of this thought exercise, we are kicking it up a notch. )
View Quote

Vandenburg does that routinely and every time GD loses their shit. It's announced and scheduled. Ong fr fr
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Make me king for a day and you'll get some nuked whales and tags for whale fishing.
View Quote

Hunting. They're mammals.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I see no point in traveling to other planets any time soon.   Any problem we caused on this planet will replicate in theme at least every other place we go.  We need to fix ourselves not run from the scene of our latest fuckup.

In a billion years the sun will run out of stuff lighter than Iron to fuse and it'll go all red giant or whatever and eat the earth.  In a billion years it won't matter.  We won't still be here or likely anywhere.

That podcast is worth the watch, they spent a bunch of time talking about authoritative institutions as well and how they can't be trusted.
View Quote

I suppose I disagree for 3 reasons.

1. I don't think humanities problems are that bad.

2. I believe that space is an environment that man has not existed in until very recently in history and that this environment will incentivize solving these problems, aggressively.

3 and this is the big one. We look around in all directions with increasingly advanced instruments and we don't see life. Not Spock, not bacteria, not an ever spreading civilization of Dyson Swarms and megastructures beyond our comprehension. For the moment we are the best shot that life has to spread beyond a single planet and I don't think we should let that slip through our fingers. Especially not, "because humanity is not perfectible."

I've asked a lot of different people what a perfected humanity would look like. Most don't even try to come up with a response. The responses I have gotten though, whoo nelly!
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fuck the treaty. Add the other 9 to the Minutemans.

And make em all show stoppers.
View Quote

3 is max for mm3
10 is peacekeeper. there were once only 50 of them.
gone for almost 20 years
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

tsar Bomba was upper 50 megaton with a inert 3rd stage. wouldn't be hard to get that over 100 and if that hit dfw the effects would definitely alter Houston Austin and maybe San Antonio. that's if they go single big warhead. 10 or 15 single megaton
warheads could take out every sizeable texas city.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

I'm calling total BS on a bomb destroying Texas or England

tsar Bomba was upper 50 megaton with a inert 3rd stage. wouldn't be hard to get that over 100 and if that hit dfw the effects would definitely alter Houston Austin and maybe San Antonio. that's if they go single big warhead. 10 or 15 single megaton

How do you propose they get tsar bomba to texas?

Define alter? Because a 100mt device in DFW wouldn’t be doing any serious damage in Waco, let alone Austin or Houston.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Define alter? Because a 100mt device in DFW wouldn’t be doing any serious damage in Waco, let alone Austin or Houston.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

I'm calling total BS on a bomb destroying Texas or England

Well the logistics threads would be gone forever so there's that. But modern Americans probably would be resilient in the face of DFW vaporizing and losing family, friends, food, fuel, finance, and information, right?  Right?
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Russian ABM systems are busy right now with Ukrainian drones
View Quote

abm vs drone is like using a javelin to kill a suicide bomber.  very expensive kill if you even could.
Moscow abm is for taking out incoming icbm warheads likely using small enhanced radiation nukes. not something like a big model airplane.

assuming it's 50% effective you'll need to throw alot of nukes at Moscow alone to do the job
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

nonesense.

View Quote

You've never microwaved some whale meat?
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What's your plan for Grand Army of the Repaublic highway?
View Quote

I wouldn't mind driving all of it. what I've seen was fun.
but what does this have to do with a effective conus land based deterrent icbm system?
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The question is, could you disguise it enough so it doesn’t scream camouflaged missile launcher? I mean you can run 53’ four axle trailers with four axle trucks for 105500, but what would a missile and launcher weigh? Then what about support personal?
View Quote

it would have to be concealed by a normal looking body until right before use. the missile tech would need to be smaller than midgetman and it'd be single warhead. 2 man launch control one in the sleeper one at a control panel in the trailer. have a motor home accompanying the system for crew rest
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

abm vs drone is like using a javelin to kill a suicide bomber.  very expensive kill if you even could.
Moscow abm is for taking out incoming icbm warheads likely using small enhanced radiation nukes. not something like a big model airplane.

assuming it's 50% effective you'll need to throw alot of nukes at Moscow alone to do the job
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Russian ABM systems are busy right now with Ukrainian drones

https://youtu.be/S4YRiJM-BLw?si=bc2V0dMHncrZ_klp
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wouldn't mind driving all of it. what I've seen was fun.
but what does this have to do with a effective conus land based deterrent icbm system?
View Quote

Hazmat is forbidden in Eisenhower tunnel
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

it would have to be concealed by a normal looking body until right before use. the missile tech would need to be smaller than midgetman and it'd be single warhead. 2 man launch control one in the sleeper one at a control panel in the trailer. have a motor home accompanying the system for crew rest
View Quote

4/5 dudes. Sounds like an easy ambush.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

assuming it's 50% effective
View Quote

Since when is Russian tech ever been 50% effective against ours?
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So here is a twist in the plot, tensions are very high,  we anticipate some time of serious response from Russia, we see one ICBM inbound to US soil or make it 3. detonation estimated in 20 minutes, we know the impact point is in the US on a city (s)

Do we assume that is the only one or 3 or is it possible all the others are blocked by sensor jamming and we just don’t see them but they are there. If they have employed some type of sensor block, and we don’t launch full scale, we lose the ability to retaliate and issue launch orders to our subs.

Do we bet on the come?
What does poopy pants do.

Because Vandenburg has announced an ICBM launch to show our resolve ( this is real world happening now, not part of this thought exercise, we are kicking it up a notch. )
View Quote

How many warheads is that one (or each one) carrying?  Isn't that the real rub?  Until the warheads separate from the bus, we don't know how many are in bound...
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
If we decide to nuke Moscow they will disappear with zero warning.

We have stealth assets that can deliver on the first prime targets with no warning to the recipients.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

it would have to be concealed by a normal looking body until right before use. the missile tech would need to be smaller than midgetman
View Quote

You aren't going to get much smaller and have enough range.

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nuclear war is the 'inevitable' conclusion of the Ukrainian invasion, warns Russian general who wrote the nation's 'war bible'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/09/05/11/75073723-12482085-image-m-36_1693910523611.jpg

Retired Major General Alexander Vladimirov, who penned Russia's three volume book called the 'General Theory of War'.

'For the transition to the use of weapons of mass destruction, only one thing is needed - a political decision by the Supreme Commander-in-Chief [Vladimir Putin],' the veteran commander warned in an interview with journalist Vladislav Shurygin.

'The goals of Russia and the goals of the West are their survival and historical eternity.

'And this means that in the name of this, all means of armed struggle available to them will be used, including such a tool as their nuclear weapons.'

He warned: 'I am sure that nuclear weapons will be used in this war - inevitably, and from this neither we nor the enemy have anywhere to go.

'The sooner our politicians and leadership realize this, the sooner we start to train troops and the population for this - the more chances we will have for survival, which means victory.'

In Vladimirov's 2013 book, the retired Major General argues that there has been a transition from the traditional theory of war - where there was a distinction between peace and war - to a permanent state of war which is characterized by constant fear and insecurity.

During his interview, Vladimirov, 78, said training of troops was vital so they have the 'ability to wage war under the conditions of the use of weapons of mass destruction'.

His book has key lessons for Russians, he said.

'If you want peace - fight until you win,' he said. 'If you want a long and strong peace, bury the hatchet on the territory of the enemy along with him.

'So, we need to be prepared. Prepare the Army, the State, the Economy and the population of the country.'

Link
View Quote

they love their cities they are herded into them like sheep and seldom leave them. half our warheads would finish the lot. the remaining farmers would be overjoyed from not having to support them.

I spent 2 weeks there huge empty rural areas where they have dachas for occasional vacations but they are city folk and Moscow and st Petersburg are the crown jewels. erase those and you have little left.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

While it may not be formulaic, radiation intensity is inversely proportional with the duration. So for X radioactive material, you can either have a long time or a fun time. If it's really bad, it doesn't last long. If it's really long it's not that bad. Fallout goes away pretty quick, failed reactors or spent fuel pools have the mass to stay a problem for a while.
View Quote

depends on how many stored b61s and 83s are redistributed by whatever they hit it with.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wish I was sporting around a huge missile with a nickname like that. No telling what I could conquer.
View Quote

id be happy with getting evicted from Italy because my sweetie decided I needed a hummer
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

During WWII there were at times up to 45,000 troops here. There is/was a PBY base on the island. The army also built a road 2,000 ft up harbor mountain and installed one of the first radar stations.

There’s an old tale that goes, they spotted a Japanese sub coming into Sitka sound, and a PBY went and sunk it… except it was a whale!

I don’t know what sort of armament PBYs had here at the time.

Anyway, our small town of 8,000 has no high value targets around anywhere, Maybe Juneau.

All our weather comes in from the pacific but would probably get fallout from JBER. Depending on weather conditions at the time.

Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top