Quoted:

These Threads need more recipes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeez some of you are depressed and sad humans.

Fuck.

I mean, I’m not in the “America deserves it” camp at all. But I can see the silver lining of leftist-infested urban population centers getting vaporized.

They certainly do.  Did someone already summon @Limaxray?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I agree. Let him take Texas out!
View Quote

Thats where the US maintains the Strategic Homosexual Reserve!
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well, the AGM-181 LRSO is set to begin production in 2027 as a nuclear armed replacement for the AGM-86 ALCM, so I’m a gonna assume yes we do still have ALCMs with nuclear warheads.  
View Quote

My mistake, I thought one of the SALT treaties either outlawed or severely curtailed the number and capability of cruise missiles to be nuclear armed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think that's what the democrats are trying to do.
View Quote

I could stand to see Russian conventional forces ground down a little more. They still have T55s left
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My mistake, I thought one of the SALT treaties either outlawed or severely curtailed the number and capability of cruise missiles to be nuclear armed.
View Quote

You're probably thinking the INF treaty.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You're probably thinking the INF treaty.
View Quote

Probably so. I think that was one GWB withdrew from as well IIRC?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Probably so. I think that was one GWB withdrew from as well IIRC?
View Quote

Trump.

GWB suspended ABM.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

CPAT 10-2

But I do love your plant to give pieces of a nuke to illegals and hope every piece shows up intact so it nav be assemble perfectly in a garage. Definitely doesn't risk any secret losses or risk the international provocation of all international provocations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Russians and Chinese have a nuke assembled and ready to spark in CONUS. All they’d have to do is sneak it across piece by piece over our open border. Or maybe put some pieces on a shipment filled with car parts and cheap speakers and get it passed the smooth brains at the docks. It’s not inconceivable.

CPAT 10-2

But I do love your plant to give pieces of a nuke to illegals and hope every piece shows up intact so it nav be assemble perfectly in a garage. Definitely doesn't risk any secret losses or risk the international provocation of all international provocations.

The small parts can be keistered.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd laugh my ass off if they lit that one off at DC and the surrounding areas where all the fed Gov leeches work.

View Quote

Oh yeah, Colorado won’t get a taste if the sunshine is en route. Hahahaha.

You should be banned. Btw.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Strangely, I'm not OK with ANYONE who thinks it's acceptable or funny to be OK with the nuking of American cities, no matter how liberal they may be.
View Quote

Start the banning. These are the jokes that our adversaries jerk off too.
Apparently a percentage of Americans do to.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Trump.

GWB suspended ABM.
View Quote

Gotcha. I am getting old
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oh yeah, Colorado won’t get a taste if the sunshine is en route. Hahahaha.

You should be banned. Btw.
View Quote

Springs literally might be at the top of their target set. As in #1.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The missing Russian nukes are long since useless from age. Physics is a harsh mistress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but how many years have they had to get everything moved into the USA? How many Russian nukes went missing? How about scientists? I’m just saying while not simple, it’s far from impossible.

The missing Russian nukes are long since useless from age. Physics is a harsh mistress.

I get that, I’m thinking of a dirty bomb at this point. I’d still bet some came in during the Cold War that were never (obviously) detonated. Still it wouldn’t be hard for China to get one into the US.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I get that, I’m thinking of a dirty bomb at this point. I’d still bet some came in during the Cold War that were never (obviously) detonated. Still it wouldn’t be hard for China to get one into the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but how many years have they had to get everything moved into the USA? How many Russian nukes went missing? How about scientists? I’m just saying while not simple, it’s far from impossible.

Condosleezza Rice helped justify Desert Storm and "shock and awe" because she didn't want to wait and see a "mushroom cloud" over NYC. So she advocated the Gulf War. They must of been worried that Saddam Hussein would get a nuke in somehow. Did he have ICBM'S?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Meanwhile cardboard RC planes are fucking up Russia.
View Quote
This can't really be dismissed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

All we need to do is take out moscow and st petersburg, and russia is toast. Take out two cities here, and we could continue on. We don't even need icbm's to do it. They can't stop the drones Ukraine is sending, how could they begin to stop a few F35 missions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that’s fine. I’d argue our land and air part of the triad are extremely vulnerable now that missile technology has advanced accuracy so much. They don’t have 1nm CEPs anymore. I’d move to a mobile system with lots of MIRVs. If we are going to keep that leg of the triad it needs modernized.

All we need to do is take out moscow and st petersburg, and russia is toast. Take out two cities here, and we could continue on. We don't even need icbm's to do it. They can't stop the drones Ukraine is sending, how could they begin to stop a few F35 missions?

So, we nuke Moscow and St Petersburg and for some reason Russia doesn't launch everything at us?????
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#18]
B-52 air drop. 7.7 mt detonated at 11,800 feet. Similar to what a an ICBM attack would look like. Now imagine Satan 2 with 10-15 nuke warheads coming in. Truly end of the world shit.

Nuclear test Bighorn 7.7 Mt in cinemascope

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Russians and Chinese have a nuke assembled and ready to spark in CONUS. All they’d have to do is sneak it across piece by piece over our open border. Or maybe put some pieces on a shipment filled with car parts and cheap speakers and get it passed the smooth brains at the docks. It’s not inconceivable.

CPAT 10-2

They'll keep you warm on cold desert nights.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So, we nuke Moscow and St Petersburg and for some reason Russia doesn't launch everything at us?????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that’s fine. I’d argue our land and air part of the triad are extremely vulnerable now that missile technology has advanced accuracy so much. They don’t have 1nm CEPs anymore. I’d move to a mobile system with lots of MIRVs. If we are going to keep that leg of the triad it needs modernized.

Kill their C2
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
B-52 air drop. 7.7 mt detonated at 11,800 feet. Similar to what a an ICBM attack would look like. Now imagine Satan 2 with 10-15 nuke warheads coming in. Truly end of the world shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIO2LdWVz-E

View Quote

Meh. Humans would continue in South America and much of the southern hemisphere.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Condosleezza Rice helped justify Desert Storm and "shock and awe" because she didn't want to wait and see a "mushroom cloud" over NYC. So she advocated the Gulf War. They must of been worried that Saddam Hussein would get a nuke in somehow. Did he have ICBM'S?
View Quote

It was an excuse, Consigli.  Not a reason.

As to the pre-positioned questions/concerns, I've thought that we've had for awhile, a remote sensing capability to find >92 atomic number materials.  In addition to those sensors that occasionally false alarm along 495...  Not to mention the PITA positive control would be.

The lack of orbiting IR surveillance over the globe for the RF is kind of surprising.  We know this how? It's not like the ability to stick a downward looking IR sensor was beyond the Soviet Union.

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nor can the surprising vulnerability in KSA by PAC-2 to Iranian/Houthi drones.  Or did we all just forget about that tank farm going up in smoke?  Was it a case---a la Stark---of just not turning the goddamn thing on?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Kill their C2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kill their C2

This guy fucks, as the kids say.

We are the only world power---for as much pooh-poohing as was given to the USAF flying part of the triad earlier---that could kill any world leader with zero warning, no matter their protection, and the only clue would be the flash.

Do you think they really shut down Perimetyr, IWK?  I can't imagine why they would, given their bolt from the blue vulnerability, and given the lack of diffuse C^2 with their strategic arsenal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

We are the only world power---for as much pooh-poohing as was given to the USAF flying part of the triad earlier---that could kill any world leader with zero warning, no matter their protection, and the only clue would be the flash.

Do you think they really shut down Perimetyr, IWK?  I can't imagine why they would, given their bolt from the blue vulnerability, and given the lack of diffuse C^2 with their strategic arsenal.
View Quote

Took a while to get Saddam
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

We weren't trying to nuke him.  Plus, ISR has improved a bit since the early 90s.

I agree with you a bunch, FWIW, on how absurdly dangerous things have gotten with this Ukrainian fight, and more importantly (I don't know if you agree with this part), our leadership now, vs 1980s, is far less capable of perceiving and ameliorating the consequences.

We did a lot of things in the early 80s to fuck with the Soviets' equilibrium.  We also had some pretty bright, committed people in Defense and State to perceive when we'd pushed too far, and agile enough to vary the pressure.

I don't see that capability extant today.  I see a bunch of dumbfucks managing for the next Congressional election and/or budget fight.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We weren't trying to nuke him.  Plus, ISR has improved a bit since the early 90s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ehhhhh.... My memory is fuzzy but I don't think Saddam was captured in the 90s.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I agree with you a bunch, FWIW, on how absurdly dangerous things have gotten with this Ukrainian fight, and more importantly (I don't know if you agree with this part), our leadership now, vs 1980s, is far less capable of perceiving and ameliorating the consequences.

We did a lot of things in the early 80s to fuck with the Soviets' equilibrium.  We also had some pretty bright, committed people in Defense and State to perceive when we'd pushed too far, and agile enough to vary the pressure.

I don't see that capability extant today.  I see a bunch of dumbfucks managing for the next Congressional election and/or budget fight.
View Quote

Personally I think our leadership today seems to rule based off Twitter. I don’t see any semblance of a coherent strategy in Ukraine today. We are still really good at war but not so good at what happens after.

Edit- and I still have no idea why we went and did Libya
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ehhhhh.... My memory is fuzzy but I don't think Saddam was captured in the 90s.
View Quote

Paraphrasing, I think General Horner, "We weren't trying to kill Saddam, but we were trying to blow up every place he might be."

Could have all been bullshit; I don't know.  Kill him, and you deal with the 2003-2004 succession crisis/rise of the Shia early, and no one wanted that.

Right now, gun to head:  Can the United States put a JDAM (nuclear payload or not) on Xi's or Putin's head with 12 hours of notice, completely undetectably? I'd think they could.

And no one else can.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10,000 chinese have crossed the border according to some reports. I thought china had tight control over their people? Seems to me if that many are here its because Xi wants them here. And why does he want them here? Are Russians crossing too?

What is 10,000? Like a brigade?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Personally I think our leadership today seems to rule based off Twitter. I don’t see any semblance of a coherent strategy in Ukraine today. We are still really good at war but not so good at what happens after.
View Quote

What happens after...

I read that after Iraq was occupied they started work on privatizing the Iraqi economy. Some Germans were brought in to consult. Paraphrasing because it's been a long time since I read this. They asked, "how many people do you have working on this?"

"Just the half dozen in this room."

"Ha ha, no seriously how many people do you have working on this?"

"Just the half dozen in this room."

"Then don't even bother. It took thousands of people in our government and years of work to dismantle East Germanies command economy."

Of course none of this is helped by certain... Cultural differences between the US and its conquered territories.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Paraphrasing, I think General Horner, "We weren't trying to kill Saddam, but we were trying to blow up every place he might be."

Could have all been bullshit; I don't know.  Kill him, and you deal with the 2003-2004 succession crisis/rise of the Shia early, and no one wanted that.

Right now, gun to head:  Can the United States put a JDAM (nuclear payload or not) on Xi's or Putin's head with 12 hours of notice, completely undetectably? I'd think they could.

And no one else can.
View Quote

Hindsight is 20/20 but I think it’s fair to say Saddam would sure be a nice natural check in Iran these days.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are we though, peer on peer? I mean, we do have Deid a Zidor or however it's spelled off the top of my head---JDAM Arc Light, Lol---but we haven't fought a war in the last 50 years where we haven't had air supremacy, fires supremacy if it was really important to us, complete signals freedom to emit and communicate how and where we want, etc
..   None of that will likely be true with China.

I dunno.  Naval combat with missiles has a way of having really bad surprises come up in the first blows:  Eliat, Sheffield  Moskva, LOFL...  Guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Channeling my inner Bond villian. I would say that Libya was part of a larger strategy of destabilization. Of advancing certain long term villainous plans and leftover resentment on the part of certain people in western governments.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yawn. I grew up in the 80s, I’m completely numb to “OMG the Russians are going to nuke us!!1!” at this point.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Are we though, peer on peer? I mean, we do have Deid a Zidor or however it's spelled off the top of my head---JDAM Arc Light, Lol---but we haven't fought a war in the last 50 years where we haven't had air supremacy, fires supremacy if it was really important to us, complete signals freedom to emit and communicate how and where we want, etc
..   None of that will likely be true with China.

I dunno.  Naval combat with missiles has a way of having really bad surprises come up in the first blows:  Eliat, Sheffield  Moskva, LOFL...  Guess we'll see.
View Quote

China is almost an impossible problem to solve militarily now. A lot of people equate Russias ineptitude to what is thought to be Chinese ineptitude. That’s a mistake.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hindsight is 20/20 but I think it’s fair to say Saddam would sure be a nice natural check in Iran these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And no one else can.

I brought that up, about a decade ago, to some diehard pro-W guy who didn't see the (to me) inevitable ending for both OIF/OEF, and he brought up the point that Saddam would likely be dead by now, from old age if nothing else, and we'd be contending with chaos in the region anyway.

Likely true.  But with a 1.5 T USD less price tag, and God knows only how many fewer American fighting men and women not ending up in the ground, or with plastic and metal where flesh used to be.

What a fucking waste.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I brought that up, about a decade ago, to some diehard pro-W guy who didn't see the (to me) inevitable ending for both OIF/OEF, and he brought up the point that Saddam would likely be dead by now, from old age if nothing else, and we'd be contending with chaos in the region anyway.

Likely true.  But with a 1.5 T USD less price tag, and God knows only how many fewer American fighting men and women not ending up in the ground, or with plastic and metal where flesh used to be.

What a fucking waste.
View Quote

One of the sons would be president by now if that happened. Probably status quo.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Channeling my inner Bond villian. I would say that Libya was part of a larger strategy of destabilization. Of advancing certain long term villainous plans and leftover resentment on the part of certain people in western governments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want to get all FedReserve Conspiracy Guy here, but it did seem awfully peculiar that only after Muammar wanted to trade oil for something besides USD, did all of this shit begin to start...  I mean, he took the PanAm 103 heat with such applomb.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jeez some of you are depressed and sad humans.

Fuck.

I mean, I’m not in the “America deserves it” camp at all. But I can see the silver lining of leftist-infested urban population centers getting vaporized.

"The number you have dialed has been disconnected, and is no longer in service....."
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I don't want to get all FedReserve Conspiracy Guy here, but it did seem awfully peculiar that only after Muammar wanted to trade oil for something besides USD, did all of this shit begin to start...  I mean, he took the PanAm 103 heat with such applomb.
View Quote

It was odd either way. And seemingly random
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was setting it up so African nations could trade outside of dollars. So we let France remove the problem with our help.  Now Libya is a massive shit whole with rampant slavery trade going on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don’t even have a budget fight capability today. Todays politicians really are pretty much all pathetic.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

"The number you have dialed has been disconnected, and is no longer in service....."
View Quote

Did someone drop an eight pound socket in a silo again?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Oppenheimer's warning lives on
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:20:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck the treaty. Add the other 9 to the Minutemans.

And make em all show stoppers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Nor can the surprising vulnerability in KSA by PAC-2 to Iranian/Houthi drones.  Or did we all just forget about that tank farm going up in smoke?  Was it a case---a la Stark---of just not turning the goddamn thing on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was us sending a message that if Saudi's don't play. Ive we can pull protection.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean the rocket that launches to put their other stuff on alert to launch?  I can't think of a single vulnerability, not even superfused SLBM on depressed trajectory. Oh wait.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:28:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same reason we did Saddam. Threat to the petrodollar.
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Bring back the Titan II.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top