Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait so when talking about fags can you still say fags?  It's important since fag month is coming up

What about blacks?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is quite obvious from your post you have no idea how many races, religiouns, different ethnicities are covered by Russia; just like America.
View Quote
"Ethnic groups in russia"

Psst they arent ethnically "Russian."

Either way I didnt write the new coc ?????, the op is just pointing out the hypocrisy and selective moderation.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Good question.  GD wants to run over cyclists, kill their children and rape the wives, and staff jokes along with them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is hate for CA people and cyclists still ok?

Good question.  GD wants to run over cyclists, kill their children and rape the wives, and staff jokes along with them.

Cyclists are communists.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Elon twitter has more freedom.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well, for one thing, Ukraine is in an actual shooting war, with uniformed combatants.    If You honestly can't tell the difference, then You are one of the mxxxxxc people who I dare not name, at this present time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand the new rules.  While I may disagree with them, whatever.  

We have a 4,000 long thread that frequently uses the word "orc" or "drunk" to describe Russians.

Is this allowed or will people get warnings for derogatory words used towards Russians?

It's used to describe the murderous Russian invaders who are trying to conquer Ukraine.     Why are you White Knighting them?    

What affinity do you have for them?

But then why can't we use codewords to describe the murderous sav****, am***, and din*** that are trying to conquer our cities?

Well, for one thing, Ukraine is in an actual shooting war, with uniformed combatants.    If You honestly can't tell the difference, then You are one of the mxxxxxc people who I dare not name, at this present time.
Oh okay, I see. Next time I hear a burst from a Glock switch in my neighborhood I'll feel much safer. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#6]
How about white people?  I assume any racist remarks about caucasian’s  are still universally acceptable?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No more disparaging remarks about all democrats or all communists right? I mean, fair is fair.
View Quote

They aren’t people so technically it doesn’t count
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Pitiful or not compare it to the bubble wrap words you are left with today
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Bear Pit at the end was pitiful.

Pitiful or not compare it to the bubble wrap words you are left with today

Touché
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

All offensive. Dehumanizing generalization about groups of people.
View Quote

Does that include “Patty Wagons” and “Flip Charts”?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Does that include “Patty Wagons” and “Flip Charts”?
View Quote

Paddy Wagon.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They aren't people so technically it doesn't count
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No more disparaging remarks about all democrats or all communists right? I mean, fair is fair.

They aren't people so technically it doesn't count
Are you saying they're subhuman?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I think people tend to assume comments are racist when in reality they are not, it is the person who is reading the post's own internal racism which looks for something that isn't there.

For example, If somebody posts that 32 people were shot over the weekend in chicago, and another person replies with "bunch of damn savages", I think a number of people here, probably come arfcom mods included, probably think that is directed as a racist comment aimed at blacks. Well in reality no, it was meant to portray chicagoans (off all races) in general as savages for letting this happen every damn weekend and not changing the laws and or electing someone to a position of power who would actually fix things instead of liberal mayor after liberal mayor.  But for whatever reason certain people on this forum would have a knee jerk reaction and behave as though the comment were referring to blacks.  

Why is this I wonder? Should not the benefit of doubt belong to the person who made the post? What does that say about these knee jerk persons own internal biases that they see racism everywhere, even where none exists and give the commenter a warning when they did nothing wrong?  Perhaps when you point a finger at someone, the other 3 fingers point back at you.  In a situation where something ambiguous was said I was thinking maybe it would be better to ask the poster for clarification before issuing warning and bans.  

I guess this is one more reason I don't purchase forum membership here. I'll use the site and click through the ads but I don't feel comfortable paying for a membership to a place that censors as much as here.

With that said, and turning a complete 180, I would like to thank the mods for the job they do. It's a thankless job and I think these guys do a far better job then most forums I have visited where rules are vague or none existant and you get banned with no explination. We've all seen forums like that.
And these mods here seem to be more transparent then most too.    So yeah, thanks. But you haven't earned my money yet.   If this place ever went full on 1st Amendment and allowed maximum free speech allowed by the law in the USA then I would donate. You know, freedom of speech with certain exceptions.  (I know it'll never happen)
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh okay, I see. Next time I hear a burst from a Glock switch in my neighborhood I'll feel much safer. Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand the new rules.  While I may disagree with them, whatever.  

We have a 4,000 long thread that frequently uses the word "orc" or "drunk" to describe Russians.

Is this allowed or will people get warnings for derogatory words used towards Russians?

It's used to describe the murderous Russian invaders who are trying to conquer Ukraine.     Why are you White Knighting them?    

What affinity do you have for them?

But then why can't we use codewords to describe the murderous sav****, am***, and din*** that are trying to conquer our cities?

Lolz.   Yeah, yer practically living in Bahkmut!    God Speed.   Thank you for yer Cervix.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Tue use of the word "tonk" was only prohibited when edgelords.decided to.start using it to refer to Hispanics/illegals.

Literally, people would post stuff like "so I saw a bunch of tonks hanging out at the gas station ..."

THAT'S when we prohibited it, when it became another "code word" for people who wanted to post wetb### or whatever, just like "dindu" or "Amish" seems to have become the edge lord term to refer to black people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ahhh yes, the ARFCOM slippery slope.
Won’t be long until any and ALL comments of a disparaging nature, no matter what the subject or content will be deemed offensive and result in disciplinary action.
Prove me wrong.

I have literally banned a bunch of people in the past year who directly compared black people to monkeys.  

Awesome, well deserved……but we also banned the sound a flashlight makes when impacting someone’s cranium.
The sound is made regardless of the ethnicity of the one being hit.

Tue use of the word "tonk" was only prohibited when edgelords.decided to.start using it to refer to Hispanics/illegals.

Literally, people would post stuff like "so I saw a bunch of tonks hanging out at the gas station ..."

THAT'S when we prohibited it, when it became another "code word" for people who wanted to post wetb### or whatever, just like "dindu" or "Amish" seems to have become the edge lord term to refer to black people.

Yes…ILLEGALS
We get illegals from damn near every nation on this planet crossing our border here and the term is used for any and all.
You’d have a pretty hard time listening to a Border Patrol meeting without banning the agents.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes…ILLEGALS
We get illegals from damn near every nation on this planet crossing our border here and the term is used for any and all.
You’d have a pretty hard time listening to a Border Patrol meeting without banning the agents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ahhh yes, the ARFCOM slippery slope.
Won’t be long until any and ALL comments of a disparaging nature, no matter what the subject or content will be deemed offensive and result in disciplinary action.
Prove me wrong.

I have literally banned a bunch of people in the past year who directly compared black people to monkeys.  

Awesome, well deserved……but we also banned the sound a flashlight makes when impacting someone’s cranium.
The sound is made regardless of the ethnicity of the one being hit.

Yes…ILLEGALS

Snort!
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Did the thread get locked already? Lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#19]
And what about the word “Thug” ?
What’s the ruling on that ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Everyone is Marclar.
Marklar by Kyle - South Park - Starvin' Marvin in Space
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#21]
The term illegals can mean literally any one who is here unlawfully, including that white chap from canada who put the hammer down on paul pelosi. So at least in my eyes ILLEGALS is not racist. But I'm not a mod and what I think does not really count on this site.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The use of the word "tonk" was only prohibited when edgelords.decided to.start using it to refer to Hispanics/illegals.

View Quote

I have lived on or near the border most of my life and I have never heard the word “tonk” used in reference to Hispanic.  When did that word come about?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:16:09 PM EDT
[#23]
normally racial epithets arent defined in public, they are merely passed along under hushed breath. here we have an instance of racial slurs being used, defined and taunted against the site's CoC. (even though russians arent necessarily a race)

woohoo
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes…ILLEGALS
View Quote

Have to agree, we used that term to refer to all illegals/EWIs, not just one specific country of origin.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#25]
What about pedos?  Can we say that all the pedos should be rounded up and lit afire?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Have to agree, we used that term to refer to all illegals/EWIs, not just one specific country of origin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes…ILLEGALS

Exactly but you think that matters ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Circus Circus
View Quote

Caesar"s Palace!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Since the Prof is in the house, a serious question please:    All of us well employed pure skins had a fair bit of fun with the “dirty Inky” crusade, but has this also been stamped out?    

In all honestly, I do see some parallels.   Ie. It sows division, and hatred, is insulting to a group of people who cannot help themselves, etc.  

The “Fatties” or “Fat bodies” or “Ham Planets” or “MayoTankers” or “HamBeasts” are another group frequently maligned without repercussion.    Can they still be named, insulted, etc?      We need to know, ahead of time.    It’s the uncertainty which makes people crazy.        In all honestly, I’ve wondered if I can make Midcap jokes, for example.      I can see a day where people start getting slapped down for that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#31]
And what about the Irish?? We have been disparaged for our spousal abuse and drunkenness for centuries. Where are our reparations??!! Wait, what...
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You see, when a man and a woman love each other very much.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where do babies come from?

You see, when a man and a woman love each other very much.......
How dare you use genders! It's birthing persons you Nazi bigot!

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It was a dumb arfcom thing, not an IRL thing.
View Quote

Umm, yeah it is.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Do you want a 200 page CoC?  . The more rules we create, the more grey area there is for the edge lords to push into.

Ultimately, it's contextual.  

If a liberal calls Clarence Thomas a "ghetto thug," is it racist?  I'd say yes.  

If you call a black guy in Cabrini Green in Chicago who kills three children in a drug-fueled drive-by shooting a "ghetto thug," is it racist?  I'd say no.
View Quote

Always respect you.

This is just simply silly. Who gets to define the final context?

People committee for public safety? Will they have Guillotines?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The use of the word "tonk" was only prohibited when edgelords.decided to.start using it to refer to Hispanics/illegals.

I have lived on or near the border most of my life and I have never heard the word “tonk” used in reference to Hispanic.  When did that word come about?

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#38]
I offer up continued abuse of Boulder and its residents as an alternative.  I believe it's a good solution for a number of reasons:

1. We already like doing that.  So there's no training required.
2. Boulder went 91% for Clinton, and it's only gotten worse.
3. Big Tech lives here, along with all their ponytailed nonbinary employees.
4. So unbelievably woke.
5. People "currently experiencing homelessness."
6-to-one-zillion.  All the things.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Umm, yeah it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm, yeah it is.

I could have sworn I heard "Tonk" used by a Border Patrol officer in a movie recently - the officer was played by that guy from "The Shield".
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Umm, yeah it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm, yeah it is.

It was from the AZ hometown forum, and part of that whole blowout, so obviously, it was a thing in certain circles.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#41]
In before" site bashing "or "asked and answered".
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Where do babies come from?
View Quote

How is babby formed?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Is Mormon a race?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How about white people?  I assume any racist remarks about caucasian's  are still universally acceptable?
View Quote
See that's the thing, I can't think of a single race related insult from a minority that would offend me.

Its like having a superpower of sorts.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:27:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Do you want a 200 page CoC?  . The more rules we create, the more grey area there is for the edge lords to push into.

If you call a black guy in Cabrini Green in Chicago who kills three children in a drug-fueled drive-by shooting a "ghetto thug," is it racist?  I'd say no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And what about the word “Thug” ?
What’s the ruling on that ?

Ahhhh, now we get to the meat of the problem.
Your explanation is perfectly reasonable but some other “mod” may not see it the same way and shoot from the hip.
The rules are subjective and enforced based on how one person interprets the term or word and not by the letter of the law.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#46]
It's all so tiresome.

Seriously...can't we all just get along? Maybe watch Coming to America and Blazing Saddles?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Always respect you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always respect you.

Ghetto is defined by race?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Gypsies is a slur against the Romanian and Hungarian peoples. The G word should not be allowed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about Gypsies  

Has anyone thought about them

Gypsies is a slur against the Romanian and Hungarian peoples. The G word should not be allowed

Are we banning Cher songs as well? That's my line in the sand.
Cher - Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves (Official Video) [From The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Should I NOT be banning people who compare black people to monkeys?

If you agree that we do not want people like that posting on the site, then you agree there needs to be line.  Where should the line be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always respect you.

If you agree that we do not want people like that posting on the site, then you agree there needs to be line.  Where should the line be?

The Bannings for that sort of thing, were being dealt out prolifically for as long as I can remember.       What brought about this latest crackdown?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you do, you should also ban the people who claim russians are orcs.  Doesn't really matter which russians.  And mostly they dont make a distinction.  

You proposed a question, I gave an opinion.  The line needs to include equality, equity, and diversity....Not just POC.

Your site your rules.
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top