BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one, for a short time

I didn't have a lamp or phone in the house that worked.

Get a bird
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Hide cords. Never had trouble with mine. It would watch TV on my dads stomach. Was potty trained.

It would also play with keys. Grab key by keyring and run around the house jingling the keys. That was it's favorite toy so we put our spare keys together and gave it a set of housekeys and old masterlock keys.

I also had a door that needed a doorstop. Turn a rabbit over, rub its head, place gently near open door, boom instant doorstop. Lasted for like 30 minutes. They seem to go into a daze when turned upside down and rubbed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@docslester

Did you ever feed yours bananas?  The body “twitch” they do while eating bananas is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/PiKEfotOa-c
View Quote
@C-4

Bob preferred watermelon. His whole body twitched when eating treats. Especially raisins! He loved to eat but wife ruined him on the timothy hay he should have eaten. We had to find timothy rabbit pellets which didn't keep his teeth worn down enough so the vet had to trim them a couple of times. Have a pic around here somewhere of him stealing oatmeal cookies off the table. We had to watch him as he thought he could eat anything we did.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#4]
We’ve had; a potbelly pig, dogs, cats, snakes, lizards, rabbits, rats and ferrets.

Rabbits are cool.  But like most animals toward the bottom of the food chain they are skittish.  They will litter box train.

Rats were my wife’s pet of choice for a while.  They were actually great.  Quiet. Didn’t smell. Intelligent.  Easy to care for.

Ferrets were a lot of fun too.  But they’re very social(need to be in pairs) and corner shitters.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's my poop factory. He loves to leave presents...

I use ammo cans to block certain areas. Make sure you hide cables.

Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]
They will kill you and your kids in your sleep.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Our rabbit charges the cat and chases him out of the room.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I live alone and work during the day.  I cannot deal with dogs.  I am allergic to cats.  So I was wondering about rabbits

I am curious if rabbits are high maintenance.  Can the hop around the house.  More importantly can they be left alone during the day.

My biggest concern is their knowing the furniture and wiring.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Get a Flemish giant. 40 plus pounds.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#10]
What about outdoor feral rabbits?  I have one that has lived in my yard for 3+ years.  A chunk of its ear is missing so I know it is the same one.  It lives under some bushes on the ground and has gnawed several holes in the fence to get in and out.  I let it be but neighborhood cats do climb over the fence and get in the yard.  The rabbit urine is strong by the bushes where it lives and many years ago I found a headless rabbit body in my backyard probably from cats.

Would building an outdoor hutch for the rabbit give it a better chance against the cats?  I figure I need to make separate entrances and exits so the rabbit has an escape route.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#11]
We have two rabbits.  Both litter trained.  One won't chew cords, the other goes after them like a kid with wire cutters.  They are pretty smart, playful and gratifying pets but they are messy as hell.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#12]
We had a rabbit for a pet as kids. My dad made a large raised cage for him in the backyard with a ramp to get in and out.
we put him away each night at first, but he soon showed he was capable of taking care of himself. He would keep our dog in line in his backyard and he would  beat the crap out of any cat that was dumb enough into the yard.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@docslester

Did you ever feed yours bananas?  The body “twitch” they do while eating bananas is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/PiKEfotOa-c
View Quote
Our stand on the back legs to beg when they know we are peeling bananas.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top