Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 25
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Her body can’t maintain temp/homeostasis.

Soon. Very soon.  Organs and body aren’t working.  The body can’t do its job. Heart will stop.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Is she getting her quarterly fetal stem cell transplant for her vital organs, as well as 5 new quarts of virgin blood?
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The Supreme Court has, for years, ruled in favor of one unconstitutional measure after another. Why do we act like sycophants for a group of jurists who have displayed no greater wisdom than our fellow man?

Is it because we hope that stacking the SC with "conservatives" that they will suddenly uphold our rights, which were God-given and unalienable all along?
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Supreme Court has, for years, ruled in favor of one unconstitutional measure after another. Why do we act like sycophants for a group of jurists who have displayed no greater wisdom than our fellow man?
View Quote
What else are you gonna do?
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to dance an Irish jig for 24 straight hours, drunk and naked with tambourines if that bitch croakes before Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got fooled by the parody account.
View Quote
It got me too.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
A twittard claiming that symptoms and willingness to transfer to JHU in the middle of the night indicates a blockage in her recently placed stent. What do the arfdocs think?
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
My rights are enumerated in the Bill of Rights and are God-given and inalienable. I don't need a group of 9 people to wave their scepters and somehow "allow" me to have rights which I've had all along.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, that is why the founders put the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can't wait for the butthurt when Cocaine Mitch allows the nomination of RBG's replacement in an election year, after blocking Scalia's replacement on the grounds it was an election year

Vae victus.
View Quote
I still think the real reason Mitch did that is he knew Obama had Scalia killed and Mitch wasn't going to play along.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#11]
If she wasn't so despicable what they're doing to her leaving her in this long would be sad.

Its a stain on the court that's she has basically been allowed to be dead on the job.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My rights are enumerated in the Bill of Rights and are God-given and inalienable. I don't need a group of 9 people to wave their scepters and somehow "allow" me to have rights which I've had all along.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Best tweet I've seen today.

View Quote
Fake.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, what you need is a group of 9 people to wave their scepters to signal to law enforcement that it's not ok to kill you for exercising your God-given and inalienable rights. It's nice when your government isn't trying to jail you or kill you.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm going to dance an Irish jig for 24 straight hours, drunk and naked with tambourines if that bitch croakes before Christmas.
View Quote
Quoted for the record.

You better livestream that shit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, what you need is a group of 9 people to wave their scepters to signal to law enforcement that it's not ok to kill you for exercising your God-given and inalienable rights. It's nice when your government isn't trying to jail you or kill you.
View Quote
They're just doing their jobs.  As long as they all go home safe.

Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Would she not have like a full ICU at home? I would expect there would be plenty of dem doners  to pick up the tab.

Any legit medical answer to why you would do such a thing and what is the status of a justice that is braindead or just being kept alive on life support.
View Quote
Medicine is not infallible and there are still limits to what can be done to keep someone alive. The fact that her cancer keeps coming back would indicate it has metastasized. Once that happens you are going to die. It's just a matter of when. The older you are the less one becomes able to overcome even a minor setback. She's had cancer four times now. Pneumonia is probably the major concern for her and at her age probably not something she can recover from. It kills a lot of the elderly. There's no such thing as a simple infection as you get older.

https://www.medscape.com/answers/300157-19086/what-are-the-age-related-demographics-and-mortality-rates-of-bacterial-pneumonia

Advanced age increases the incidence of and the mortality from pneumonia. Comorbidity and a diminished immune response and defense against aspiration increase the risk of bacterial pneumonia. For individuals aged 65 years and older, pneumonia and influenza were the sixth leading cause of death in 2005. [30, 31] Close to 90% of deaths due to pneumonia and influenza occurred in this age group. In a 20-year US study, the average overall mortality rate in pneumococcal pneumonia with bacteremia was 20.3%. Patients older than 80 years of age had the highest mortality rate, which was 37.7%. [32]

I don't know what, if any, family she has. So who would decide to pull her life support? If she goes on life support it probably won't be for long plus she may very well have stipulated she is to be a DNR. A Justice being kept alive on life support with no brain function is new territory.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good for the next 37 days!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good for the next 37 days!!!!!
Like a coupon
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm going to chime in with some observations on RBGs medical condition based on what I saw with my father's fight with pancreatic cancer (that he lost in 4 months).
I am not a doc nor do I have any inside info, this is just my take based on my experience with my dad.

1) The bile duct stent she received was possibly because there is/was a tumor at the head of her pancreas pinching the common bile duct shut. This causes pain and jaundice as the bile produced in the liver can't get out into the small intestine. The stent keeps it open and keeps the bile from backing up.
My dad had one of these for this very reason. They're also supposed to be replaced every so often (3 months, I think) if they are the plastic kind but he didnt live that long. I've been kind of watching for that with her.

2) The radiation they did at the same time  as the stent was likely mostly palliative.  If what she has is pancreatic adenocarcinoma its not curable without a major surgery called the Whipple, which she is unlikely to survive at her age.   Most of the time a tumor in the head of the pancreas isnt operable because of involvement with major blood vessels in the area.
Radiation can majorly shrink the tumor and if lucky can "peel " it off surrounding blood vessels so that an inoperable situation becomes operable. But in her case I think it was likely to buy more time, not cure it.

My dad had radiation as well as adjunct chemo and it improved things with the main tumor for awhile but the cancer also metastatized in while the main tumor was being irradiated. 2 months after discovery it was all over his liver.

3) This recent admission for IV antibiotics makes me think that shes gone septic, especially with the transfer to Johns Hopkins. IV abx and fluids can be done at most decent hospitals but if its related to her cancer she'd probably want to be where the oncology care is better (and maybe that's where she's been going all along so she has an onc there).

My dad also went septic, 4 days after a chemo treatment.  He also suffered from major GI bleeding at the time.  He was in the hospital for 3 weeks on IV antibiotics trying to get him stabilized and eventually we brought him home under hospice when they determined there was nothing more that could be done.
He was gone 2 weeks later.  
If shes bad enough to be on IV antibiotics I can't see them discharging her  tomorrow for any reason other than hospice.

If I'm correct about the above guesses, I believe she doesn't have much time left and will be gone before Christmas.  If I had to pick a day I'd say about Dec 12.

And I'm not gleeful about this - actually I find her kind of pitiful. She should have stepped down and enjoyed the last days with her family but she is too much of an idealogue for that.
Pancreatic cancer is a horrendous way to go and after witnessing what it did to my father I wouldnt wish it on anyone, not even a liberal justice.

Just my $.02.
CG, not a doc just the daughter of a former patient.

ETA:  I just read that her August recurrence of pancreatic cancer was found by a blood test. That means its  probably adenocarcinoma, the CA19-9 marker doesn't go up much if at all with the PNET type.
There is no way she will make it to the next election even if she gets past this current crisis.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best tweet I've seen today.

Fake.
Just not true at this very moment.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Monty Python - "Not Dead Yet" Scene (HD)
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Get ready for the screams of

“You can’t pick a scotus while being impeached”
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sounds like you should be out there guns blazing instead of posturing on the internet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fuck you. We president. We senate.

Mitch went nuclear and will confirm anybody trump nominates.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep. Yes they will. It's gonna be hilarious.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Buckle up, Jizzberg, or Gizzbird, or whatever your name is...you have an appointment with eternity.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If she wasn't so despicable what they're doing to her leaving her in this long would be sad.

Its a stain on the court that's she has basically been allowed to be dead on the job.
View Quote
And Rheinquist was senile for years before dying; part & parcel of having octogenarians on the job.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I think the Republicans as a whole are disgusted enough with the behavior of the Democrats in the House that they might come together to ram an appointment through as payback. Traitors like Murkey and Romney might take a little arm twisting but I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Powercell just being recharged
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If she dies the dims will be in full melt down when trump gets another pick
View Quote
Get ready to hear about The Biden Rule, and likely from non-other than Joe Biden. The Dems will play it hard and Biden will use it to elevate his candidacy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I still think the real reason Mitch did that is he knew Obama had Scalia killed and Mitch wasn't going to play along.
View Quote
Chuck Schumer and then Senator Barack Obama and I think Chris Dodd approached GW Bush just before his last year in office and proclaimed that they would block any new SC appointments. There weren't any openings but these morons decided to push the issue anyway. Mitch McConnell warned them not to do it but they still did it.

Pay back is a bitch!  

Chuck Schumer In 2007 'We Should Not Confirm Any Bush Nomine

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/02/in-2007-chuck-schumer-urged-democrats-to-block-bush-scotus-nominees-video/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/schumer-in-2007-dont-confirm-any-bush-supreme-court-nominee
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#35]
@Crowgirl  Thank you much for the very informative post.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm going to chime in with some observations on RBGs medical condition based on what I saw with my father's fight with pancreatic cancer (that he lost in 4 months).
I am not a doc nor do I have any inside info, this is just my take based on my experience with my dad.

1) The bile duct stent she received was possibly because there is/was a tumor at the head of her pancreas pinching the common bile duct shut. This causes pain and jaundice as the bile produced in the liver can't get out into the small intestine. The stent keeps it open and keeps the bile from backing up.
My dad had one of these for this very reason. They're also supposed to be replaced every so often (3 months, I think) if they are the plastic kind but he didnt live that long. I've been kind of watching for that with her.

2) The radiation they did at the same time  as the stent was likely mostly palliative.  If what she has is pancreatic adenocarcinoma its not curable without a major surgery called the Whipple, which she is unlikely to survive at her age.   Most of the time a tumor in the head of the pancreas isnt operable because of involvement with major blood vessels in the area.
Radiation can majorly shrink the tumor and if lucky can "peel " it off surrounding blood vessels so that an inoperable situation becomes operable. But in her case I think it was likely to buy more time, not cure it.

My dad had radiation as well as adjunct chemo and it improved things with the main tumor for awhile but the cancer also metastatized in while the main tumor was being irradiated. 2 months after discovery it was all over his liver.

3) This recent admission for IV antibiotics makes me think that shes gone septic, especially with the transfer to Johns Hopkins. IV abx and fluids can be done at most decent hospitals but if its related to her cancer she'd probably want to be where the oncology care is better (and maybe that's where she's been going all along so she has an onc there).

My dad also went septic, 4 days after a chemo treatment.  He also suffered from major GI bleeding at the time.  He was in the hospital for 3 weeks on IV antibiotics trying to get him stabilized and eventually we brought him home under hospice when they determined there was nothing more that could be done.
He was gone 2 weeks later.  
If shes bad enough to be on IV antibiotics I can't see them discharging her  tomorrow for any reason other than hospice.

If I'm correct about the above guesses, I believe she doesn't have much time left and will be gone before Christmas.  If I had to pick a day I'd say about Dec 12.

And I'm not gleeful about this - actually I find her kind of pitiful. She should have stepped down and enjoyed the last days with her family but she is too much of an idealogue for that.
Pancreatic cancer is a horrendous way to go and after witnessing what it did to my father I wouldnt wish it on anyone, not even a liberal justice.

Just my $.02.
CG, not a doc just the daughter of a former patient.
View Quote
1) For political sociopaths, doing the job is enjoyable/rewarding enough
2) She's never worked 7-5 like the rest of us; she gets to see family/friends plenty
3) It's not like watching Maury at home all day in retirement would have changed her awful end
4) Clearly it's not /that/ hard to be a justice, if only in name

In short, I can see why she hasn't retired.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I think the Republicans as a whole are disgusted enough with the behavior of the Democrats in the House that they might come together to ram an appointment through as payback. Traitors like Murkey and Romney might take a little arm twisting but I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen.
View Quote
Yep.  People underestimate the impact of the Senate elections last year.  While "on paper", we only gained 2 GOP Senators, "in reality" we picked up 5 MAGA Senators.

I know folks here don't like Rick Scott, but his election was be pivotal in any potential nomination.  It took control of the Senate away from Romney/Murkowski/Collins.

We can lose all 3 votes, and still get a nominee confirmed.

Too bad we couldn't win Nevada, Arizona, and Montana to give us some margin.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep.  People underestimate the impact of the Senate elections last year.  While "on paper", we only gained 2 GOP Senators, "in reality" we picked up 5 MAGA Senators.

I know folks here don't like Rick Scott, but his election was be pivotal in any potential nomination.  It took control of the Senate away from Romney/Murkowski/Collins.

We can lose all 3 votes, and still get a nominee confirmed.

View Quote
Arizona and Montana were the head scratchers there.  I remember at one point the Republican rallied in Montana.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:59:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Oh  oh....please. Oh.
Attachment Attached File

It's never going to happen, but fantasy is fun.

RBG is eternal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I can't wait for the butthurt when Cocaine Mitch allows the nomination of RBG's replacement in an election year, after blocking Scalia's replacement on the grounds it was an election year

Vae victus.
View Quote
...elections have consequences...

Or so we're told when the shoe is on the other foot.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He won't.
Under impeachment, too close to the election etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If she dies the dims will be in full melt down when trump gets another pick
He won't.
Under impeachment, too close to the election etc.
While that is certainly political pressure, there is no Constitutional prohibition. Trump and Mitch should ram a new justice through without remorse.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Too bad WV voted that traitor Manchin back in.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#44]
It could very well be, that THIS is what impeachment was/is really all about.

Primary objective: Provoke Trump into making a colossal mistake that would render him a lame duck politically, and thus unable to muscle through a USSC nomination

Secondary objective: Tie up the Senate and say "a President can't nominate a USSC justice while impeached in an election year".

FAIL on both counts.  I think Trump is about 10 steps ahead of the dems.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Reuters says she's expected to be released soon
View Quote
After a brief cold, I was released ... in a pine box.

Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Too bad WV voted that traitor Manchin back in.
View Quote
Yeah, I remember how that clown waited until about 30 seconds after Senator Collins' speech to vote "yes" for Justice Kavanaugh.

At that point, his vote was irrelevant.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hopefully we will see Scotus Judge Amy Coney Barrett soon.
View Quote
We will see.  She never could have gotten confirmed in 2018 with a narrow 51-49 majority.

53-47 will give Trump more options, should a vacancy occur.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, were waiting.
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top