Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm hoping.
View Quote

It CAN'T be worse than what Lucas already did. Disney knows how to put out a solid sorry.  I am optimistic that JJ seems to be using a lot of practical effects, which I think gives it a more realness. It is ironic I find the ESB Yoda puppet more real than any of the CGI versions.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Waiting to be blinded and dazzled by the lens flares.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Me and the kids are looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I am way more excited about the Mad Max movie
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It CAN'T be worse than what Lucas already did.
View Quote

I pray that you're right about that.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am way more excited about the Mad Max movie
View Quote

That looks really good too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The prequels, especially Phantom Menace, was from one guy leading the way and everyone else being yes men.

Disney wants a product that doesn't suck. I am sure the story is going to be much heavier scrutinized and tweaked. At least I hope.

Visually I am sure Abrams will do a good job. I just hope they have a solid story to work from. That is all I am asking. Please don't pull hair pulling bullshit like the 2nd Star Trek reboot film. Lawrence Kasdan is the writer who worked on ESB and Raiders, among others. I think he has what it takes to make a solid story.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Shit. I liked the fake one. I hope it's like the fake one. I watched it and said "HOLY DOG SHIT THERE ISN'T CGI SHIT ALL OVER THE SCREEN CONSTANTLY! STAR WARS IS BACK!"

If I see A bunch of computer generated shit and fucking Jar Jar binx, I quit star wars forever.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Waiting to be blinded and dazzled by the lens flares.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm hoping it'll be good too, but given that they already tossed out the EU pretty much wholesale, I'm not impressed with Disney (I know, not many people care about the EU, but I liked it Bette than the films for the most part)
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Tomorrow?  Fake one?

I watched it last night on youtube

Not sure how it looks.  Will see it many times though
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#14]
It's too bad jj abrams has already tarnished the movie with his social media crap around it. Every other day he posts crap, and it takes away from what the movie would be. All he has to do now is put jarjar binks in the film to ruin it further.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm hoping.
View Quote

I hoped before,  but this is a new hope.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's too bad jj abrams has already tarnished the movie with his social media crap around it. Every other day he posts crap, and it takes away from what the movie would be. All he has to do now is put jarjar binks in the film to ruin it further.
View Quote

So don't look at it.

I'm constantly online, but I've not looked at anything about the new movie, except the trailer on youtube yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm hoping.

This guy...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm hoping.

Well played

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#19]
You mean this one?

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You mean this one?

http://youtu.be/plwVRYEQG_I

View Quote

Looks good...lens flares look legit...but still a fan made trailer.  Really enjoyed the chrome plated Stormtrooper though!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So don't look at it.

I'm constantly online, but I've not looked at anything about the new movie, except the trailer on youtube yesterday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So don't look at it.

This. With the prequels I limited what I saw leading up to the films. staying with only the main  official trailers.

Oh and anyone thinking they saw the trailer - that was fake.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You mean this one?

http://youtu.be/plwVRYEQG_I

View Quote

No. That's a fan made fake.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The prequels, especially Phantom Menace, was from one guy leading the way and everyone else being yes men.

Disney wants a product that doesn't suck. I am sure the story is going to be much heavier scrutinized and tweaked. At least I hope.

Visually I am sure Abrams will do a good job. I just hope they have a solid story to work from. That is all I am asking. Please don't pull hair pulling bullshit like the 2nd Star Trek reboot film. Lawrence Kasdan is the writer who worked on ESB and Raiders, among others. I think he has what it takes to make a solid story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disney doesn't always hit home runs like Guardians of the Galaxy. They had a ton of money into John Carter and missed pretty big on that one. They've had some other recent bad or "okay" movies.

So while I have WAAAAY more faith in Disney than George Lucas; it doesn't mean it's going to be great.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#24]
The movie WILL suck.  It just has to suck less then the prequels.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Me and the kids are looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#26]
As long as jar jar binks is in it, and gets trained as a jedi, I think it will be great.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Disney doesn't always hit home runs like Guardians of the Galaxy. They had a ton of money into John Carter and missed pretty big on that one. They've had some other recent bad or "okay" movies.

So while I have WAAAAY more faith in Disney than George Lucas; it doesn't mean it's going to be great.
View Quote

John Carter failed due to failed marketing, the movie was great.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
As long as jar jar binks is in it, and gets trained as a jedi, I think it will be great.
View Quote

Heathen.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Heathen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heathen.

I would love to see jar jar get trained and then turn to the dark side and start slaying.

You know you want  it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jar Jar is going to be the shit!

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I would love to see jar jar get trained and then turn to the dark side and start slaying.

You know you want  it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heathen.

You know you want  it.

... alright, that'd be funny
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#33]
IN

I hope it doesn't disappoint.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Choke yourself.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I want to believe.

But so help me if they make it a giant fucking kids movie I AM DONE.

Fuck Lucas for wiping his ass over everything the expanded universe book autbors had done.

Midichlorians being the main example.    Jesus we cannot have anything mystical or unexplained like the force, nope gotta make it "science" rather than just leave it unexplained.

If Disney can iron out a good saga then it gives me hope for future expanded stories I want to see.

Not Bubba Fett related but Old Republic and history of the sith/jedi related.

Lucas had just enough balls to give Yoda the "always two there are" line referencing the discovery of the Sith.    But WHY?   Come on Yoda you deceptive mysterious little shit.   Explain why it is you know there is always a master and apprentice.    Give us a Darth Bane based movie where we learn one Sith alone was responsible for luring hundreds of Sith and Jedi to a single planet and nearly wiping out every last one of them at once.   The creation of the "rule of two" could make the coolest trilogy of dark side of the force based movies.

It sucks so bad that a VIDEO game has left the best lasting impressions for story in the Star Wars universe.   The Knights of The Old Republic brought about the best premise for a Star Wars story in the past 15 years.    The Darth Bane series touched on it again and showed how the Sith as a religion had been weakened.   For Sith to become powerful there needs to be a master to hold the power and an apprentice to covet the power.    When an apprentice can overcome the master it is of benefit to the sith belief in that it is always becoming stronger.

Leading 1000 years of Sith plotting and scheming to get to the events of the second Lucas scripted Jedi purge.

What was done to Batman with a reboot, making it real, making it tense, bringing the audience into something dark, can easily be done with some of the Star Wars stories that take place 1000 years before the time of Yoda.

Yoda being born could be the end of one of the movies and set up a basis for his knowledge of the history of the Jedi/Sith.

These new movies coming out, if based on the books, better have Luke trying to rediscover the lost history of the Jedi and even the Sith.   Otherwise it is just lame shit, might as well be a Call Of Duty game with scripted scene after scripted scene.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#36]
First time ever that I am not excited about a Star Wars movie.

I will go see it like a schmuck, because its Star Wars. But this is the first time I feel more "meh" about a Star Wars release.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I want something that is somewhat dark, so all of the fucking kids ( jar jar era )will stay home. Yeah, I have kids, but I don't give a shit because they know Jar jar sucked. I'm on the downside of my years, I'd like to go out knowing that they didn't fuck it up yet again.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#38]
[Spoiler]This episode of Star Wars is being heralded as a progressive love story of C-3-PO and meeting his gay robot lover.[/spoiler]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:59:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Can't wait for the trailer.

It's like going to bed the night before Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:08:39 AM EDT
[#40]
JJ should crawl back up Obama's butt and stick to ruining Star Trek.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:29:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
JJ should crawl back up Obama's butt and stick to ruining Star Trek.
View Quote

I hate to say it but I liked both new Star Treks.   Stupid lense flare aside all in all I liked them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:35:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I want something that is somewhat dark, so all of the fucking kids ( jar jar era )will stay home. Yeah, I have kids, but I don't give a shit because they know Jar jar sucked. I'm on the downside of my years, I'd like to go out knowing that they didn't fuck it up yet again.
View Quote

I feel the same way.  It better be dark and serious, not that jar jar and stupid piece of shit young anakin yelling woo hoo let's do the fucking spin move shit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:40:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I feel the same way.  It better be dark and serious, not that jar jar and stupid piece of shit young anakin yelling woo hoo let's do the fucking spin move shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is what everyone wants that I know, but they want they have to get the teeniebopper under 18 crowds money. So once again they will probably blow it. It's better having low expectations going in, and hope it's not a total disaster like last time.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:10:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This is what everyone wants that I know, but they want they have to get the teeniebopper under 18 crowds money. So once again they will probably blow it. It's better having low expectations going in, and hope it's not a total disaster like last time.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look you can have both. Lucas's excuse that Jar Jar was for kids, that he makes kids movies is bullshit. The original trilogy wasn't for kids. It was for everyone, including kids.

Pixar's movies are made for kids, mainly. But with a few exceptions, all of them are brilliant story telling. You can make a movie "for kids" and still have it not be stupid and full of crap like Jar Jar.

Dark and serious isn't Star Wars either.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:34:23 AM EDT
[#45]
They should have hired David Fincher to write and direct the new SW movies and given him complete creative freedom.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:15:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do the fools at Hollywood think they have to go silly to get the kids to watch?

Every kid in my generation saw Robocop.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:15:16 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed, Lucas was a dumbshit with the prequels. More concerned about making it a movie for EVERYONE Instead of staying true to the darkness of the originals.

I'm also sick of the really gay high speed choreographed light saber fights.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:25:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Not really a fan of star wars, bought always found it pretty cool.

I'll go see it, but I'll wait a week before I do. I don't want to deal with every basement dweller of the century waiting to see it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:28:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Well, it's after Midnight where I am.  Does it drop at a specific time today, or should it already be out?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:33:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top