Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
What we all just witnessed was the entirety of the footage that has finished production.

Sorry guys, but this movie is only going to be released in 1 and half minute segments. You're on your own to figure
out how to piece them together. JJ should have the next 1:30 finished for ya by spring.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When we have a trilogy like Star Wars and new directors and producers take it over, the whole look and and feel of the series changes.

View Quote

Except that George Lucas did both the first trilogy (which we all agree is epic) and the second (which we all agree belongs in a dumpster).

Again, I postulate that the difference is the advancment of pre-packaged LEGO sets and the need to build a movie around those.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Personally, I'm getting tired of CGI. No matter how good it gets there is just something with real actors and models that CGI cannot replicate. CGI backgrounds are fine, but not characters or objects. Like in the Hobbit, the Pale Orc looks good, buy compared to the orcs that are guys in costumes he just looks fake. The model ships in the original triology lok a million times better than the CGI stuff in the trailer.
View Quote

They built a full size Falcon, numerous X-wings and the speeder the chick is riding.  The stormtroopers are supposed to be real guys in costumes too.  Tell us again about the CGI stuff in the trailer that is so bad.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's not revan.

ETA: at least it's not in the leaked rumors.  It's a new villain.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could the awakening not be "The Force" but an ancient master?  The below image was leaked early on in development.  Looks very much like Darth Revan from KOTOR.

http://i.imgur.com/fnhwAfG.png

It's not revan.

nope he died long long ago.. probably just a modified Sith Acolyte mask..
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could the awakening not be "The Force" but an ancient master?  The below image was leaked early on in development.  Looks very much like Darth Revan from KOTOR.

It's not revan.

Worn by....Luke.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Personally, I'm getting tired of CGI. No matter how good it gets there is just something with real actors and models that CGI cannot replicate. CGI backgrounds are fine, but not characters or objects. Like in the Hobbit, the Pale Orc looks good, buy compared to the orcs that are guys in costumes he just looks fake. The model ships in the original triology lok a million times better than the CGI stuff in the trailer.
View Quote

Um, the ships(most like the falcon, x wings and speeders) and storm trooper costumes are real in this film.  JJ made life sized replicas to capture the feel of the originals.  Of course the backgrounds are CGI as are the droids and other stuff, but all in all the CGI is greatly reduced from what we have been seeing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#8]
So... Emipre's not destroyed?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Worn by....Luke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not revan.

Worn by....Luke.

no its the Joker!

And blade guards are cannon.. Look at Dooku's Curved Sabre. New hommie can get the steel to make the quillon, so he goes all medieval and adds mini sabers.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

is Al-Qaeda destroyed when Bin Laden was killed?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Um, the ships(most like the falcon, x wings and speeders) and storm trooper costumes are real in this film.  JJ made life sized replicas to capture the feel of the originals.  Of course the backgrounds are CGI as are the droids and other stuff, but all in all the CGI is greatly reduced from what we have been seeing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The background in the desert scenes with the beach ball droid and speeder are life-sized sets they built in the desert.  There are pictures all over the internet of them.  There are also set pictures of numerous X-wings and the Falcon at some sort of base.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#12]
That was a badass X-wing formation. This movies gonna revive my childhood love of starwars vehicles!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The background in the desert scenes with the beach ball droid and speeder are life-sized sets they built in the desert.  There are pictures all over the internet of them.  There are also set pictures of numerous X-wings and the Falcon at some sort of base.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those pics are photoshopped.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#15]
An unmasked stormtrooper...

Yeah, it's going to be dogshit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That was a badass X-wing formation. This movies gonna revive my childhood love of starwars vehicles!
View Quote

Hells yeah! Now THAT is what I am talking about. Looks much nicer just from what little we have seen. I  am officially "excited"
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell yea it was!!!

I was expecting to be let down, but I couldn't help the big toothy grin spreading on my face as the teaser rolled on.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Who says he was actually a storm trooper

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

im going with escapee conscript...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#20]
High hopes it will rock.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.. we do not know he is or isn't one but I am going with not.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Very disappointed.

There had been lots of rumors of doing practical effects. That gave me hope.

But what did we see? Another CGI, stupid fucking crap, shitfest. A soccerfuckingball droid?

Jesus...
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I had to rewatch it and freeze frame this perfectly.  It was hard to do. The droid was moving so quickly. I put a box around it so you could see it easier, cause it's hard to make out

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I had to rewatch it and freeze frame this perfectly.  It was hard to do. The droid was moving so quickly. I put a box around it so you could see it easier, cause it's hard to make out

http://i61.tinypic.com/s63j3m.jpg..
View Quote

Jar Jar aside, your screen cap made me realize that the droid is an R2 evolution.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Jar Jar aside, your screen cap made me realize that the droid is an R2 evolution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yousa needs a screen cap for that?

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#27]
CGI is the worst thing to ever happen to the silver screen.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess so. Only watched it once.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meesa understand
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#30]

WE AIN'T FOUND SHIT

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Loving it.

I'm trying not to, but damn seeing tattoine with the probe droid sounds was awesome.

The XWings look excellent. The sith looks like he just has raw anger.

The soccer ball robot was the weakest part, but ex useable.

The voice sounded like Benedict Cumberbatch, anyone confirm?
View Quote

I just watched it a second time and thought the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Loving it.

I'm trying not to, but damn seeing tattoine with the probe droid sounds was awesome.

The XWings look excellent. The sith looks like he just has raw anger.

The soccer ball robot was the weakest part, but ex useable.

The voice sounded like Benedict Cumberbatch, anyone confirm?

The Sith is......KHAN!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#33]
the black stormtrooper  guy looks like a black matt damon. am I the only one seeing it?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
the black stormtrooper  guy looks like a black matt damon. am I the only one seeing it?
View Quote

Everyone else thought it was Tracy Morgan
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was not at the end of Jedi, there were at least 4 super star destroyers left, 100? Imperial class ones,plus the shipyards to build them still.
Many Imperial comtrolled worlds, a multitude of Warlord Admirals, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Zsinj etc.
The end of Jedi saw the 'death' of the Emperor (brought back to life soon after) and Vader, the snake had no head at that point but it was more
or less intact.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
CGI is the worst thing to ever happen to the silver screen.
View Quote

I agree totally, 'Empire' still looks better than the CGI crap that came almost 20 years later.
The models just look better. Period.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Lots of unnamed roles on the IMDB page.. I wonder of Thrawn will be a player in the movie? I always figured he would be a badass villian for a Star Wars movie.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now, I'm not a SW Scholar, but weren't all the Stormtroopers supposed to be clones of Django Fett?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#39]
no, the clone troopers were abandoned after they basically turned out to be untrusthworthy. the empire gradually opened up the stormtrooper ranks to enlisted recruits, and by the timeline of the original movies, there were basically no clones.

nerd article here:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kamino_uprising
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks good!

Some of you have waaay to much time on your hands.

Like any movie will ever help you relive your childhood. If you are still trying, your present must suck. Too bad for your poor decision making and lack of proper planning.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

They better leave Revan the hell alone.  KOTOR did a better job telling a Star Wars story than everything except for the original trilogy.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They better leave Revan the hell alone.  KOTOR did a better job telling a Star Wars story than everything except for the original trilogy.    

I'd prefer a trilogy or series based on him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Very disappointed.

But what did we see? Another CGI, stupid fucking crap, shitfest. A soccerfuckingball droid?

Jesus...
View Quote

3 sec of one droid?!

2 words
DEATHSTAR DROID.
(The one Chewy roared at)

How many seconds was that on screen?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#44]

I hope JJ Abrams throws in at least one lens flare, just to piss the haters here off!  

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

3 sec of one droid?!

2 words
DEATHSTAR DROID.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very disappointed.

Jesus...

3 sec of one droid?!

2 words
DEATHSTAR DROID.

Deathstar droid wasnt CGI or completely retarded. That rolling soccerball just screams, "only there to make a toy." Those little mouse droids on the deathstar, not so much.

We were told this was going back to practical effects and was going to be a dark storyline.  What was shown was nothing but shit CGI, bright over saturated "newness," and toy placement.

FYI - there were lensflares during the falcon scene. Falcon looked nice and sparkly CGI new. AKA this already looks like a retread of 1-3.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I hope JJ Abrams throws in at least one lens flare, just to piss the haters here off!  

View Quote

There was a lens flare during the falcon scene, @ 1:03 in the clip.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Templar Sith.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Malak and Revan return?
Page / 6
Top Top