Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/28/2021 2:54:32 PM EDT
This commercial just popped on my TV.

I laughed. Peddling "cowboy seltzer".

Knew a bunch of real ranch folk in Texas and other western states. These "working" cowpokes in the commercial...prefectly groomed two day beards, clothes are crisp and new, hats with no sweat ring stains.  The guy working the tee post driver will be there three days in that caleche dirt, driving it like a pussy. Bet director call to that guy was: "Brucey, I know it like hard, but you need to at least act butch to get through this shot!"

I'd lay odds "Lone River" brand is a fresh Cali transplant (Austin region) that decided to sell something  "cowboy" in these new digs.

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
my wife likes it better than most
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99x5FFyqZtk

Knew a bunch of real ranch folk in Texas and other western states. These "working" cowpokes in the commercial...prefectly groomed two day beards, clothes are crisp and new, hats with no sweat ring stains.  The guy working the tee post driver will be there three days in that caleche dirt, driving it like a pussy. Bet director call to that guy was: "Brucey, I know it like hard, but you need to at least act butch to get through this shot!"

I'd lay odds "Lone River" brand is a fresh Cali transplant (Austin region) that decided to sell something  "cowboy" in these new digs.

View Quote

Jesus Hershel Christ.

You folks will get triggered over anything that makes your dick uncomfortably twitch, won’t you?

It’s an advertisement to sell seltzer to guys who dress cowboy but live suburban.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
That was gayer than 3 dicks touching.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Ram Ranch really rocks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Ryan Bingham does pretty good music

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Jesus Hershel Christ.

You folks will get triggered over anything that makes your dick uncomfortably twitch, won’t you?

It’s an advertisement to sell seltzer to guys who dress cowboy but live suburban.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99x5FFyqZtk

Jesus Hershel Christ.

Breaking: advertisers only have a general knowledge of things they don’t do for a living, but still want you to buy their shiny product.  

More at six.

Best option is to stop watching TV OP.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Must be a gay dude ranch because real men drink beer.

Did they all drive their Miata there?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

You'd lose money. Native Midland Texas woman named Katie Beal Brown started the company/beverage. BTW, the ranch water thing is really a west-texas beverage...they're not bullshitting about that, just used mannequin cowboys to sell it.

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Jesus Hershel Christ.

View Quote

Cowboys don't dress like that. That's the thing. It's a mostly fictional creation, like the "Chinese restaurants" we have here. One of the guys I used to know in college, born in China but very American, described American "Chinese restaurants" as being the equivalent of an "American restaurant" with western decor, statues of Buddha and Jesus everywhere, and in intermingling of Southern and Long Island accents. These commercials and things like it are pure cosplay.

I mean, have you ever ridden a horse or worked on a farm? Are you aware that even a canter will whack your groin like a hammer? Do you think tight jeans are good for working flexibility? How about sweating? Do you think a felt hat is going to be comfortable in desert heat or even high desert sun? Do you have any idea how dirty EVERYTHING gets when you farm? You might have a "dress" hat but you sure as hell don't work in a clean hat.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
That dude is an actor in Yellowstone. (In addition to being a musician).

He was also, apparently, a “bull rider” in his younger years according to Wikipedia

I’ll hazard a guess that’s he’s a lot more “cowboy” than most “country” artists out there at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gayer than three dudes jerking off five other dudes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I was making ranch water (maybe 10 minutes) before it was cool. It’s actually pretty good if you like blanco tequila and is a fantastically refreshing hot weather drink.

Tequila + lime juice + ice + Topo Chico + shake a little Tajin on it
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Very cosmopolitan
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#15]
First there was Brokeback Mountain.  Now this shit.  The pussification of the American Cowboy continues.   If John Wayne was alive.......
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#16]
In Ryan’s defense, he really did live the cowboy life before moving on to music.

I’m sure the check for this commercial was worth it.

Probably the easiest work he’s ever done.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Likes it "more", not better.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about “Likes it more betterer than most”?

I think I seent that wrote down somewheres before.

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I like my water from goats.

Topo Chico ftw.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Jesus Hershel Christ.

View Quote

Good to know.  I was getting the vibe that it was for a gay dude ranch, leading to a woke remake of City Slickers.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He was also, apparently, a “bull rider” in his younger years according to Wikipedia

I’ll hazard a guess that’s he’s a lot more “cowboy” than most “country” artists out there at the moment.
View Quote

Probably right.  There are a few country artists that can handle the ranch life.

I've roped steers with George Strait.  He's a real cowboy.

I've seen Jewell on horseback.  She can ride.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I have inlaws that are real Montana 12k acre cattle farmers. I had that for the first time at their house....
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
First there was Brokeback Mountain.  Now this shit.  The pussification of the American Cowboy continues.   If John Wayne was alive.......
View Quote

If John Wayne was alive, he'd be starring as a trans activist in the latest Nora Ephron comedy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Well you can call me what ever you want but that particular brand of ranch water is damn good.

Also Ryan Bingham the "actor" was a bull rider and is a damn good country singer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have inlaws that are real Montana 12k acre cattle farmers. I had that for the first time at their house....
View Quote

12k acres in Montana. Does your wife have a hot single sister?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe if Rip were peddling this shit instead of Walker, non-gays might be interested.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess OP of thread does not watch Yellowstone.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

12k acres in Montana. Does your wife have a hot single sister?
View Quote

She does, but she's on the other side of the in-laws.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Cowboys drinking white claws out of a non-skinny can doesn't make we want to drink white claws out of a non-skinny can...
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I drink white tequila and lime
No seltzer
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

The only thing "gayer" than that is getting triggered by a commercial  
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Jesus Hershel Christ.

View Quote

Nailed it
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Cowboys don't dress like that. That's the thing. It's a mostly fictional creation, like the "Chinese restaurants" we have here. One of the guys I used to know in college, born in China but very American, described American "Chinese restaurants" as being the equivalent of an "American restaurant" with western decor, statues of Buddha and Jesus everywhere, and in intermingling of Southern and Long Island accents. These commercials and things like it are pure cosplay.

I mean, have you ever ridden a horse or worked on a farm? Are you aware that even a canter will whack your groin like a hammer? Do you think tight jeans are good for working flexibility? How about sweating? Do you think a felt hat is going to be comfortable in desert heat or even high desert sun? Do you have any idea how dirty EVERYTHING gets when you farm? You might have a "dress" hat but you sure as hell don't work in a clean hat.
View Quote

Um... it's a commercial... not reality...
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Gayer than three dudes jerking off five other dudes.
View Quote

A subject you seem to know an awful lot about  
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#36]
A lot of purse swinging over a commercial in here.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Ranch water? Sounds like something out of a horse trough.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Jesus Hershel Christ.

View Quote

Said the triggered guy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#39]
We've never owned a t-post driver. We just drive the t-posts in the ground with the front end loader on the tractor. I don't know many people who use their horses for much more than pleasure riding. Most of the time, you just hop in the truck and go check on the cows and wear you're dirtiest baseball cap and a hoodie when it gets cold. Straw hat comes out in July and August if you know you're gonna be in the sun all day.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed.  Looked like the cast were all rejected from 'Yellowstone" for being too flaming gay.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Said the triggered guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Hershel Christ.

Said the triggered guy.

Ok, sweetie.

I don’t post advertisements that make my peen wiggle.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#42]
When I think of ranch water I think of cows wading into a water hole taking a big drink then peeing and shitting in the water
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#43]
This thread would be so much better if Deej was here for it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When I think of ranch water I think of cows wading into a water hole taking a big drink then peeing and shitting in the water
View Quote

That was my first thought.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ok, sweetie.

I don’t post advertisements that make my peen wiggle.
View Quote

You trying to trigger me with your salacious cock talk?

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Jesus Hershel Christ.

View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Creator or the brand is from a fairly well known West Texas Family. Really good people.

They did a fantastic job marketing and getting it established, especially getting acquired by Diageo.

I can only imagine how much they got in the sale, Katie must have made a mint.

They timed the market just right on it, honestly. Good for them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#48]
In all my years being a ranch hand/cowboy, I've never sat around a fire drinking beer. Must be doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Also, as someone who is a West Texas Native and someone who spent some time behind the stick, Ranch Water is a big thing out here and has been for a long time.

The current "Proper" recipe is just Tequila + Topo Chico + Lime. You get variations on Blanco vs Reposado, but it's that simple. Sometimes salt on rim, sometimes none.  

People suck them down here like you wouldn't believe. Honestly probably a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio over any other cocktail out here. For a while Casamigos was the preferred Tequila, but I think most people are using Flecha these days.

Personally, I like to use a nice tequila, Topo, and just a lime wedge(no juice in the glass). Maybe a bit of orange bitters. Realistically, it's just a variation of a Highball.

Chiltons are still awful, I don't claim that one as a region specific cocktail
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
In all my years being a ranch hand/cowboy, I've never sat around a fire drinking beer. Must be doing it wrong.
View Quote

Typically you end up hanging out in the machine shed drinking.  Others notice as they drive by and stop in for a drink.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top