BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Based on world war II my chances of being drafted at age 36 are very low unless we've really scraped down to the bottom of the barrel. I know guys my age were getting drafted towards the end of the war my great grandpa was in his mid-30s and drove landing craft in the Pacific. However I'm in pretty good shape no history of mental illness no physical ailments. shoot, I haven't had a prescription for anything other than antibiotics for the last 10 years. If the rest of the millennials and the zoomers are as bad off as they say I may not be bottom of the barrel material...
View Quote

Times have changed, back then guys were lying about their age and volunteering and fighting the Japanese at 17. Now 17 year old males are doing tiktok dances.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How about the Bidens, pelosi's, harris's and schumers go first.
View Quote

You forgot the Romney’s.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not going to some foreign land at the behest of the globalists.  

OTOH, there is plenty of fighting that needs to be done here.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This right here. I used to be a flag-waving patriot.
View Quote

Despite the swamp doing swamp things, I'm still a flag waving patriotic nephew of my Uncle Sam, like Johnny once said.

Deep down there is USA, somewhere.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm not going to some foreign land at the behest of the globalists.  
OTOH, there is plenty of fighting that needs to be done here.
View Quote
Come rain or hail or wind or snow
I'm not going out to Flanders oh
There's fighting in Dublin to be done
Let your sergeants and your commanders go
Let Englishmen fight English wars
It's nearly time they started oh
I saluted the sergeant a very good night
And there and then we parted oh...

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I’d be willing to bet like 50% of fighting age males in this country either have been or are currently on either adderall or some kind of antidepressants. I thought that was a dealbreaker for service, wonder if they’d change that?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#7]
The Corps already told me they don't want me 37 years ago. Doubt that's changed.

Nick
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#8]
At 50 I doubt they want me back. I can still turn a wrench on Apaches though. Young pups need to step up and women now since we are " equal ".
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm a veteran with a son serving right now and my younger brother 2/3rds of the way through a Navy career. I tend to agree with you when it comes to my 18 & 17 yr old boys. This country run by soulless illigetimate creatures is not the one I took an oath to defend with my life. Like others here, if there's a true existencial threat to this nation, we'll all be there to kill the enemies of this nation. To die fighting for the globohomo aspirations of a bunch of corrupt assholes in DC? Fuck that and fuck them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
call me anti american but if there is a draft and its for some fucking dumb fuck ass war that's pointless, I ain't letting them take my son. I'll go to jail before he goes and fight some pointless war to stroke some rich ass politicians ego

If he wants to go on his own accord, that's his choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7qkQewyubs

I'm a veteran with a son serving right now and my younger brother 2/3rds of the way through a Navy career. I tend to agree with you when it comes to my 18 & 17 yr old boys. This country run by soulless illigetimate creatures is not the one I took an oath to defend with my life. Like others here, if there's a true existencial threat to this nation, we'll all be there to kill the enemies of this nation. To die fighting for the globohomo aspirations of a bunch of corrupt assholes in DC? Fuck that and fuck them.

yep I am with you 100%
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I remember reading about guys in the ozarks putting up armed resistance against being drafted, I believe during WW1

midcap gonna start the lousiana resistaaunce
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
call me anti american but if there is a draft and its for some fucking dumb fuck ass war that's pointless, I ain't letting them take my son. I'll go to jail before he goes and fight some pointless war to stroke some rich ass politicians ego

If he wants to go on his own accord, that's his choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7qkQewyubs

I remember reading about guys in the ozarks putting up armed resistance against being drafted, I believe during WW1

midcap gonna start the lousiana resistaaunce

lol
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#11]
They trying to selective service fire police and ems shortages I see. Fuck all that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm to old, they wont take me anyway. But going off to fight some Russian fuck so the Biden's can get paid. I don't think I will. Now if we are talking smoking dude's invading. I will join the militia and fight till death.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Selfishly, I kind of hope they bring it back. My war music soundtrack is getting really long in the tooth, and could use some fresh updates from the younger generation.
View Quote
Nobody under 50 probably ever heard of this group.
Country Joe Mcdonald - Feel Like i'm Fixing to Die Rag - Woodstock '69

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’d be willing to bet like 50% of fighting age males in this country either have been or are currently on either adderall or some kind of antidepressants. I thought that was a dealbreaker for service, wonder if they’d change that?
View Quote

Interesting point.

And imagine if they instituted a draft - there would really be no need for conscientious objector status - anyone not wanting to serve would just run out and get a script for medical MJ for "anxiety" and slink back to their basements.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#15]
How do expect to stop the war if you can't sing louder than that. Come on there 300,000 of you fuckers out there.....
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I feel the same way. There was a time when I would have proudly served should a draft be instated. After seeing how our politicians seemingly start wars so that themselves and large corporations can profit, I will not be responding to any draft notice. They can send their own kids to die is some god forsaken backwater first.

Should a foreign country actually land troops on our shores (I realize this is not really feasible), then I'd be one of the first to pack my kit and show up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Conscientious objectors, so basically every woke-ass lefty who has changed their profile pic in every social network to Ukraine's flag, and is pining for the US to go to war!

All those asshats will refuse to fight, just as they have admitted they wouldn't even fight for America!

"Send the conservatives" is their motto.  "Guns are icky"

Fucking unreal!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Just refuse the vax and you'll be ineligible.

Oh, the military will waive the pointless mandate once shit gets real?  Of course they will.

Edit: I suppose they'll just draft you then shoot you full of whatever poison they want once they've got you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Send all these women that want equally, send the FTM trans crowd,
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Nah, bro.  That army invaded the USA for free shit ... they won't do squat to defend her.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would love to see them do a draft, this Country would explode!
View Quote

I imagine it would be run with racial equity in mind so they would largely avoid the...urban youth that have been told they are victims of a racist society that has oppressed them all their lives.  No, it would be aimed at areas they want to clean out and repopulate with 3rd worlders.   It would be time to kick it off I think.  I know I'll do what I can to help get the younger people in my family out of harms way even if it means going to prison.

Drafting Americans to go fight this would be something worth fighting against.  Nobody should die to help secure the big guys 10%.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How do expect to stop the war if you can't sing louder than that. Come on there 300,000 of you fuckers out there.....
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#24]
If you listen to the words of Country Joe they pretty much sound like what many are saying today. I didn't believe him at the time but the guy was either a coward and/or a prophet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am over 40. Draft is over for me. Even though I actually signed up for it my senior year...
View Quote

I still have my draft card from 1974. I was classified 1H.
In World War II they actually took Merchant Marina Captain's out of retirement and put them back on Liberty ships. I guess at 66 it's possible.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Glad I can't get drafted.
View Quote

Me too, but I am concerned about family members who are presently serving.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#27]
At 53 years old, half deaf from IED blasts during my deployment, I’m thinking I’m allowed to sit one out.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#28]
essential worker with a very particular set of skills, skills acquired over a long career.

i could get an exemption from being drafted.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Should be a requirement for all politicians: if you want the nation to go to war, send your own children first.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone supporting this shitclown and his dipshit administration damn well should go!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You gonna go down fighting for drag queen story time and justice for Jussie Smollet? Have fun storming the castle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd go if that meant a young man could stay behind and live his life.

I'm only 46 and can still slot Russians.

You gonna go down fighting for drag queen story time and justice for Jussie Smollet? Have fun storming the castle.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Draft, thats funny.  The soy boys of today would refuse, most of them are too busy playing video games and sucking their buddies dick to sign up for the draft.
View Quote

Our country can’t even have a legitimate presidential election. Why should the “soy boys” put down their video game controllers to go die for it?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Antifa and BLM members go first. Since they are already trained they don't even need to go to boot camp. Just drop them off on the front lines.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#34]
So does everyone still hate Muhammad Ali and Ted Nugent?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Let's let the Ukrainian flag waiving liberal's kids go first.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I can’t think of a better way to try and get the Cold Civil war in this country to go hot, than instituting a draft by potato head administration.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I’m not cooperating in this corporations blood money grab, and I hope my sons feel the same way.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Conscientious objectors, so basically every woke-ass lefty who has changed their profile pic in every social network to Ukraine's flag, and is pining for the US to go to war!

All those asshats will refuse to fight, just as they have admitted they wouldn't even fight for America!

"Send the conservatives" is their motto.  "Guns are icky"

Fucking unreal!
View Quote

It is fucking unreal isn’t it? I mean my defense stocks are gonna plunge if no one goes to fight in the next foreign entanglement!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm all in favor of a draft as we need several million brave Americans to charge Russian machine gun positions or clear minefields...

But we should do our best to keep our military free of racist, sexist, homophonic, Nazi influences at the same time. So clearly we cannot draft straight White male Conservatives as they are unfit to serve in the military for ideological purposes. Nor can we trust any of the various traitors to their identity group who consider themselves to be Conservatives, so no Conservative women, gays, or Conservatives of color.

Fortunately we have plenty of highly educated qualified people, who have already been trained in the best gender studies classes, available to draft. And since a draft based on sex would clearly be misogynistic we can draft those good, brave, college educated Leftist women first as this will make up for past discrimination.

All terrain mobility scooters with a cup holder and pintle mount for a machine gun will be provided to those with special needs. So no getting out of it for being a fatty.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Serious question. Who shows up at your house to "make" you?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRl6-bHlz-4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Selfishly, I kind of hope they bring it back. My war music soundtrack is getting really long in the tooth, and could use some fresh updates from the younger generation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRl6-bHlz-4

I was just back from VN and we sang that song frequently.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm 42 and can't get drafted. I didn't sign up for Selective Service until I was 20 and got a nasty letter in the mail threatening me with prison time. The USAF Academy wouldn't take me because of asthma and two skull fractures so they wouldn't take me in the draft either. Hence why I didn't sign up until I was forced to do so.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Maybe its just bad timing.. But our government sent this out today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20220323_224301_jpg-2324107.JPG
View Quote
fuck the selective service. they can suck my dick.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#45]
It's funny, a few months after Biden took office I started hearing radio commercials about having to register for selective service. I mentioned to a few people that I'd never heard a single ad before about SS in my life, and that it couldn't be a good sign. They told me to throw away my tin foil hat....makes me believe this whole thing has been in the works for a while.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#46]
I have two sons, one 25 and one 30. They both have terrible asthma, one is dyslexic. I did over 21 years, so they don't need to feel bad being PDQ'ed. They can aways work the factory or whatever stateside to support a legit war effort. I am far too old and broken now at 57 to be of much use. I will do my part here if needed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's funny, a few months after Biden took office I started hearing radio commercials about having to register for selective service. I mentioned to a few people that I'd never heard a single ad before about SS in my life, and that it couldn't be a good sign. They told me to throw away my tin foil hat....makes me believe this whole thing has been in the works for a while.
View Quote

I remember commercials on TV in the late 80's early 90's.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Lol, no globalhomo.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I remember commercials on TV in the late 80's early 90's.
View Quote

Ya, but there hasn't been anything in a really long time, at least not that I saw.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Our ancestors left Europe because they were sick of their shit. We don't need to be getting involved with them. WW1 AND WW2 we should have sat those out and let them figure their own shit out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol draft for what? War with Russia? I doubt we'd need more than the first round of draftees as everything would be turned into glass in short order.

Also, fuck these people who want us dragged into Eastern European problems. These assholes have be doing this stuff to eachother as long as recorded history. Not worth spilling any American blood over.

Our ancestors left Europe because they were sick of their shit. We don't need to be getting involved with them. WW1 AND WW2 we should have sat those out and let them figure their own shit out.

Couldn't agree more
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top