Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive also witnessed the husband of Karen disappearing right before she goes all Thanatos on people..  Had one even apologize to me after for how his wife acted..  We got a product in for them, last one in the chain, called them three times at the number they gave.. which was the wrong number.. held it for a few days more just in case... then sold it.  They came in a week later.. she got all bent.  My manager was able to score one at cost from another chain store in the area whos manager gave us the sympathy discount and got it to our customer.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
"I'll go look if you tell me whose 5 y.o. did your hair.?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe age? If I was in still in high school and an early 20s babe came and made some requests I’d try and accommodate it if I could chat her up a bit more.

Once they balloon out and their tits flop they may still expect that same service...I’m not so happy to oblige when I know the answer.

Who know.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
12 years in retail and the worst of the American consumer was the Middle aged white female.

They are all alike, too.   Is there something out there that turns normal women into Karen?  Karenovirus?

Maybe age? If I was in still in high school and an early 20s babe came and made some requests I’d try and accommodate it if I could chat her up a bit more.

Once they balloon out and their tits flop they may still expect that same service...I’m not so happy to oblige when I know the answer.

Who know.

You might be on to something here.   The middle age power shift happens and they can't adapt.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw a Karen lose it at the airport in Atlanta when she couldn't get her checked bags at her layover stop.

I stood and watched the meltdown while my wife and kids were walking to the next gate.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This wholeheartedly why I believe a person should work retail for at least 6mo to a year at some point in their life.
View Quote
Same with being a waiter. Should be part of HS courses.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I bring funnies from my last retail jobs FB group lol.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Shannon and Karen are approved to be used interchangeably
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Never make eye contact.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This wholeheartedly why I believe a person should work retail for at least 6mo to a year at some point in their life.
View Quote

I did - an auto parts store in the bad part of a town that's mostly Section 8. On the rare occasion a decently dressed, well mannered, middle class, i.e. normal person, lost their way and came in looking for some wax or something, I'd treat them like the person who showed up to rescue me from being shipwrecked on an island populated by cannibalistic savages.

6 months is about how far I made it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have some disinfecting wipes and Karen can suck my dick for them,but she will need to toss in a doughnut to seal the deal
View Quote

Nailed it !!
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I tell Karens to go fuck themselves. True story.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#12]
an old one:   Karen's middle aged husband at an airport can't get what he wants.  Pulls the old "Do you know who I am."   Ticket agent gets on PA. " There is a gentleman here at the counter that doesn't know who he is.  If anyone knows him, please inform him."
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Seeing eye cat rides again !!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A couple of months ago I had a Karen in front of me in line play the I want to speak to the manager. I interrupted her and told her the manager was Ray Charleston and I had his cell number and said he was most likely not in the office.

The I turned to the cashier and said I had forgotten an item and would be right back

I gave Karen MY cell number and took off. Of course she called it and from maybe 50 feet away I answered it on the 3rd ring.

"Ray Charleston," I answered.

After she was done with her spiel I asked her to turn her head to the left which she did.

"Good. Now we have your face on our facial recognition software. You are at register 4 and we have recorded the entire conversation you had with the cashier, who happens to be my aunt by the way. Pay for your stuff and leave. You have 5 minutes. If the  software picks your face up again I will have you arrested for trespassing."

She looked shocked, paid and fled like the devil was chasing her.

When I got back to the register the cashier looked at me and said, "The manager's name isn't Ray Charleston."

She rang up my stuff and when I paid her she looked at me wide eyed and said, "That was your cell phone you gave her, wasn't it?"

Seeing eye cat rides again !!

I learned a lot from that little kitty. He taught me not to GAF about stupid/rude/ignorant people.

If it wasn't for him I'd likely be a doddering old idiot trying to please everyone and trying to pathetically fit in.

I just trolled the "my neighborhood'' forum and had about 50% of my posts deleted by the mods. Someone IM'd me and asked if I was Ken M.

What to do about solicitors.

Me: I just answer the door with a kukri, hack them up and throw them into the family stew pot.

Her: That's cannibalism! You scare me.

Me: Don't be scared unless you're a door to door solicitor.

Her: You feed your family PEOPLE?

Me: It cuts down on the grocery bill. I have 27 children to feed.

Her: How did you get 27 children?

Me: Back when you were a little girl didn't your mother ever have a little talk with you and tell you where babies come from?

Her: I know where babies come from!

Me: Then why did you ask?

Her: They should get a search warrant and dig up your whole back yard!

Me: I wish they would. It would save me a lot of digging. It's getting near time to plant my annual marijuana crop.

Her: That's illegal! You can't plant marijuana!

Me: With 27 kids I gotta do something to scare up a few bucks. Besides, I only sell it to adults. It saves them from having to buy it from high school kids who rip senior citizens off.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As a customer.. this is also the perfect time to assert your dominance on Karen with some snarky humorous remark or comment.. or a simple "I was here earlier, they did have some, but it was gone in minutes"  Save the kid.. he will become your personal retail servant for that trip.

View Quote

Damned right! I have done this more than once and it pays HUGE dividends.

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw her cousin at IKEA last week.

She was demanding to be allowed to go into the (closed) showroom because she had driven so far.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They are all alike, too.   Is there something out there that turns normal women into Karen?  Karenovirus?
View Quote
Lack of sex
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Same here.

Karen's are going to have a rough go of it. Especially the single, bitter and angry ones.
View Quote

I see you're in Texas, and judging by that observation I'm guessing you may have already met my sister in law.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Working at Walgreens from about age 17 to 23.  The best way to deal with Karen's is to wait until they threaten your job, you then mention you know where they live if you become unemployed over bs.  I loose my job and income you loose a house! Tends to work

Karen's suck ass

Edit to add ghetto Karen is worst karen
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

I always wondered how far I could get up the Walmart chain.

Back when Sam Wall was still alive I bet I could have gotten to him. If I started talking about bird hunting he probably would have invited me along on one of his trips.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I was directly in line behind Karen at Target customer service.  She was ripping the Target gal a new one, and finished with "I want to see your manager"!!!.  So the Target gal picks up the phone, says manager to customer service, and then looks at me and says NEXT.  Now Karen had a problem, she got what she wanted, a call for the manager, but now she's holding up the line.  I said "excuse me" and Karen sulked out of the way completely deflated.  CSB

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lack of sex
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lack of sex

But does the lack of sex cause the Karen, or does the Karen cause the lack of sex?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was directly in line behind Karen at Target customer service.  She was ripping the Target gal a new one, and finished with "I want to see your manager"!!!.  So the Target gal picks up the phone, says manager to customer service, and then looks at me and says NEXT.  Now Karen had a problem, she got what she wanted, a call for the manager, but now she's holding up the line.  I said "excuse me" and Karen sulked out of the way completely deflated.  CSB

View Quote

I love a happy ending
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Epic level Karen handling skills.   Years ago I was a customer service manager for Staples.  When Karen wanted to speak to a manager, guess who they called.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But does the lack of sex cause the Karen, or does the Karen cause the lack of sex?
View Quote

Interesting point.

It reminds me of the chicken or the egg.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#25]

That bitch looks like a fish.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That bitch looks like a fish.
View All Quotes

The fuck is it with her lower lip?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A couple of months ago I had a Karen in front of me in line play the I want to speak to the manager. I interrupted her and told her the manager was Ray Charleston and I had his cell number and said he was most likely not in the office.

The I turned to the cashier and said I had forgotten an item and would be right back

I gave Karen MY cell number and took off. Of course she called it and from maybe 50 feet away I answered it on the 3rd ring.

After she was done with her spiel I asked her to turn her head to the left which she did.

"Good. Now we have your face on our facial recognition software. You are at register 4 and we have recorded the entire conversation you had with the cashier, who happens to be my aunt by the way. Pay for your stuff and leave. You have 5 minutes. If the  software picks your face up again I will have you arrested for trespassing."

When I got back to the register the cashier looked at me and said, "The manager's name isn't Ray Charleston."

She rang up my stuff and when I paid her she looked at me wide eyed and said, "That was your cell phone you gave her, wasn't it?"

View Quote

Well done.  She has still not been back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Piccolo you are a national treasure.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#29]
You're a great story teller OP.  Deth to Karens.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Like most people I worked a retail job when I was a teenager. It forever shaped how I interact with anybody in a retail setting, I remember the feeling of relief to this day when you got to interact with the 1 out of 10 customers who weren't rude and/or functionally retarded. I always did whatever I could to go above and beyond for them too.
View Quote

Same here. Customer service job at 20 changed my view forever. It's not the customer is always right, it's the customer is always stupid.

Fuck I hate people because of that job. I got to see first hand how stupid and entitled most are.. it shaped me into the cynical asshole I am today lol
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Somebody dick-slapped her so hard they knocked it out of alignment.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#32]
I saw an XL sized Karen lookalike with the stacked puffy blond bob and too much makeup at Target yesterday.  I felt sorry for any employees that had to deal with her.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#33]
I dearly want to run into one.  I give no fucks, and would cheerfully go on the mother of all artfully profane tirades at her.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only you have the crazy-cred for such a tale.
Bravo, Signori.
Bravo!
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#35]

I worked at one of the largest Wal Mart stores in the country in HS and College.
it completely changed my view on people. something causes them to turn into another being when they walk thru the sliding doors.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My kids bugged us to go to Target because their website said they had a nintendo switch in stock.   Seeing as how we are going to kill them if we don't find something for them to do we figured we would buy it.    We get there and the entire section is cleaned out.  No nintendo, xbox, ps4, nothing.

"Excuse me, do you have any clorox disinfecting wipes?"  The poor kid she pinioned gives the expected answer:
"No, I'm sorry we are out".   Nice polite kid.  Karen speaks again, her voice more strident, more demanding this time.
View Quote

Did you check if that Target also lied about having disinfecting wipes too?

I can kind of excuse a store with online inventory to be out of some regular demand product where their inventory shows one or two items remaining while they are actually out (because they were stolen and not inventoried since). Proper online vendors with brick and mortar stores even alert dumb shoppers for this risk by using some visual warning (such as yellow color etc.) or alternatively replace under 5 counts with a text such as “contact store to confirm availability”.

But this bullshit that they are listing panic buy items as being available and then fail to update their website regularly for actual availability of actual product, for that they deserve every irate customer tearing them a new one every time its happens. I wouldn't cry for someone even torching the whole place for that.

Sure the cashier probably doesn't manage the website, but I bet the manager could call someone and get that shit straightened out right away, if they really cared about customer service and not having people drive around and risk infection to chase phantom product listings. And this applies to any disruptions in demand or supply. If you have online inventory, keep it up to date or take it down.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Other customers need to start telling these people they are fucked up and why. If it happened more often Karen would be afraid to make a scene. It's easy and safe to be an asshole to a low level staff member.

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I worked retail for a few months during Christmas season. It taught me that I do in fact have self restraint.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Butcher in a retail store here.
I see it daily.
Yeah, I'm hiding the ground beef in the back until you leave.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Like most people I worked a retail job when I was a teenager. It forever shaped how I interact with anybody in a retail setting, I remember the feeling of relief to this day when you got to interact with the 1 out of 10 customers who weren't rude and/or functionally retarded. I always did whatever I could to go above and beyond for them too.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I can kind of excuse a store with online inventory to be out of some regular demand product where their inventory shows one or two items remaining while they are actually out (because they were stolen and not inventoried since). Proper online vendors with brick and mortar stores even alert dumb shoppers for this risk by using some visual warning (such as yellow color etc.) or alternatively replace under 5 counts with a text such as "contact store to confirm availability".

But this bullshit that they are listing panic buy items as being available and then fail to update their website regularly for actual availability of actual product, for that they deserve every irate customer tearing them a new one every time its happens. I wouldn't cry for someone even torching the whole place for that.

Sure the cashier probably doesn't manage the website, but I bet the manager could call someone and get that shit straightened out right away, if they really cared about customer service and not having people drive around and risk infection to chase phantom product listings. And this applies to any disruptions in demand or supply. If you have online inventory, keep it up to date or take it down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My kids bugged us to go to Target because their website said they had a nintendo switch in stock.   Seeing as how we are going to kill them if we don't find something for them to do we figured we would buy it.    We get there and the entire section is cleaned out.  No nintendo, xbox, ps4, nothing.

"Excuse me, do you have any clorox disinfecting wipes?"  The poor kid she pinioned gives the expected answer:
"No, I'm sorry we are out".   Nice polite kid.  Karen speaks again, her voice more strident, more demanding this time.

I can kind of excuse a store with online inventory to be out of some regular demand product where their inventory shows one or two items remaining while they are actually out (because they were stolen and not inventoried since). Proper online vendors with brick and mortar stores even alert dumb shoppers for this risk by using some visual warning (such as yellow color etc.) or alternatively replace under 5 counts with a text such as "contact store to confirm availability".

Okay, good to know we have a psycho here.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Karen doesn't work, her husband does.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#43]
I’ve been watching/listening to a lot of reddit stories on YouTube.

If even half of those stories are true, there’s a lot of insane people out there... people who go insane if they’re told “no”.

And that’s just the stories that make it to the videos.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Wait... Why do Karen’s believe the distance they have traveled has any effect on a sales associate’s ability to conjure objects that don’t exist?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#45]
12 months in a retail job and 3 years in the army or marines AFTER college.

4 years of public service will kill allot of Karens before they reach 30

You'll develop a real hatred er I mean understanding of dealing with people.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

and

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Target is full of karens.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Karen is prohibited text on both Red Dead Online and Modern Warfare.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Okay, good to know we have a psycho here.
View Quote

I see. You think we should have sympathy for a business that has deceptive or down right fraudulent advertising. Also it apparently should have no consequences.

The fact remains that people have and will continue to destroy stores that set them up like that. In a mass hysteria and panic situation the store should be extra careful not to promise to sell something that they don't have, not less careful or less within their due diligence.

But eventually it's a self solving problem in a free economy, shady business will just fail and others will prosper.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top