Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 68
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The parts from Legendary critters are used to create clothing at the Trapper or talismans/trinkets at the Fence.  As you've notices, Legendary parts automatically go to the appropriate place if they're lost or disappear from your horse/satchel before you drop them off in person.  Some of the Legendary animal carcasses can be sold to the Trapper for a fair amount of money.  At either the Trapper or Fence, you can browse the buy/craft menu and check each item to see what other ingredients are needed to craft it.  Some of the ingredients needed for talismans and trinkets can be found at specific points of interest on the map, and I believe certain others must be obtained by completing certain tasks like collecting cigarette cards.

Satchels are upgraded by Pearson (at the chuckwagon) in camp.  You have to upgrade the camp first (through the ledger at Dutch's tent) in order to unlock the leather working tools.  Once that's done, you can start upgrading the satchels.  Again, the menu will show you the required ingredients for each satchel.  In addition to three perfect pelts/skins per satchel, there is also an additional requirement for each one; such as upgrading the camp provisions wagon, donating $50 to camp funds, etc.  Before gathering stuff for the satchels, though, track down the Legendary Buck so you can get the Buck Antler Trinket.  It'll help with getting those perfect pelts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, I need some help. I don't get the hunting/legendary/crafting/satchel thing.

I've killed the Legendary Bison; got killed shortly after and got lost it. I have noticed it's showing up at the fence. I've just now killed the Legendary Boar. I get that there's other things I need to craft shit but why the fuck is this so annoying?

I can only carry like I've big item on my horse. I've been trying to get shit to increase my satchels but can't seem to grasp how the fuck you do this and I'm starting to get really frustrated. Maybe I just don't have the patience  for it. I'm literally still on chapter 2 and I just seem to kind  of wander around on my horse with no real direc. It's beginning to remind new why I never finished the first RDR.
The parts from Legendary critters are used to create clothing at the Trapper or talismans/trinkets at the Fence.  As you've notices, Legendary parts automatically go to the appropriate place if they're lost or disappear from your horse/satchel before you drop them off in person.  Some of the Legendary animal carcasses can be sold to the Trapper for a fair amount of money.  At either the Trapper or Fence, you can browse the buy/craft menu and check each item to see what other ingredients are needed to craft it.  Some of the ingredients needed for talismans and trinkets can be found at specific points of interest on the map, and I believe certain others must be obtained by completing certain tasks like collecting cigarette cards.

Satchels are upgraded by Pearson (at the chuckwagon) in camp.  You have to upgrade the camp first (through the ledger at Dutch's tent) in order to unlock the leather working tools.  Once that's done, you can start upgrading the satchels.  Again, the menu will show you the required ingredients for each satchel.  In addition to three perfect pelts/skins per satchel, there is also an additional requirement for each one; such as upgrading the camp provisions wagon, donating $50 to camp funds, etc.  Before gathering stuff for the satchels, though, track down the Legendary Buck so you can get the Buck Antler Trinket.  It'll help with getting those perfect pelts.
Thanks. I've been trying to figure this out for a while and it's getting annoying.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I do have to admit that I am curious if sniping someone from a distance would get a wanted. Like say you're on a hillside just outside of Valentine for instance.
View Quote
Shit no. If they do just take off, as long as you get outside the red cloud before it says your characters name you are good. I kill a lot around the swamps around st Denis and in the mountains.  I like to kill waves of bounty hunters in Leymone county.  Also I go to Van Horn and pick a fight then kill everyone in town so I can loot their goodies. There is no such thing as wanted in Van Horn so as long as you can hold your own you are good to go.

The trick is to use dual schofields and switch to the pump shotgun with slugs if you dont have time to reload. Also keep moving and dont get pinned down.

Running in the opening is preferable to getting pinned down behind cover.  Also keep eating and chewing tobacco to keep dead eye and dead eye core up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Shit no. If they do just take off, as long as you get outside the red cloud before it says your characters name you are good. I kill a lot around the swamps around st Denis and in the mountains.  I like to kill waves of bounty hunters in Leymone county.  Also I go to Van Horn and pick a fight then kill everyone in town so I can loot their goodies. There is no such thing as wanted in Van Horn so as long as you can hold your own you are good to go.

The trick is to use dual schofields and switch to the pump shotgun with slugs if you dont have time to reload. Also keep moving and dont get pinned down.

Running in the opening is preferable to getting pinned down behind cover.  Also keep eating and chewing tobacco to keep dead eye and dead eye core up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do have to admit that I am curious if sniping someone from a distance would get a wanted. Like say you're on a hillside just outside of Valentine for instance.

Repeater + Dead Eye + Snake Oil = Unstoppable killing machine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
In chp6 and I want to put a bullet in Dutch's dumbass.

I haven't done much hunting and I don't see the need for better satchels as I have a shit ton of supplies with the default one.

I do love customizing my guns.

My go to load out are two nickel plated, engraved, pearl handled borchardts; a bronze receiver, blued, and engraved browning A5; and the 1873 with bronze receiver, engravings, fancy wood, and a leather wrap.

I pack a shit ton of heat and smoke motherfuckers in style.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Just killed the legendary panther. Got the pelt on my horse. Made the trinket. But the pelt doesn't show up at the trapper.  It says I don't have the materials.. Also. It won't let me remove it from my horse???
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just killed the legendary panther. Got the pelt on my horse. Made the trinket. But the pelt doesn't show up at the trapper.  It says I don't have the materials.. Also. It won't let me remove it from my horse???
View Quote
Park the horse near the trapper. It's in your inventory to SELL it to the trapper.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:10:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I was  raiding farms for sheep, goat and ox hides. Peak into one barn and theres a dude with his pants down passed out next to a sleeping sheep with a bow tie on its head.....
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:21:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Shit. I missed out on a great deal. Walmart had a PS4, extra controller, and RDR2 for $199. It's gone now.

Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to Van Horn, everyone there totally seems like a dick. I was very tempted to just start killing everyone. Also, I'm still in chapter 2 so I don't even have Dead Eye.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I play the complete opposite. Very, very passive. I don't bother anyone unless they bother me. But if you stop me on the road prepare to eat lead because if I suspect you're going to rob me I'll shoot you in the fucking face. I haven't even robbed anyone.
View Quote
I walk into camps to say hi and if they are mean I kill them.

No one should be a meaney.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I went to Van Horn, everyone there totally seems like a dick. I was very tempted to just start killing everyone. Also, I'm still in chapter 2 so I don't even have Dead Eye.
View Quote
I was drinking at the bar in Van Horn when two guys picked a fight with me.  After leveling the second guy someone pulled a gun on me.  I blasted him with the sawed off, which I had forgotten was loaded with the fire shot.  He burned, the guy next to him burned,  the lady in the room behind him burned.  The whole damn bar was soon on fire.  
The town wasn't thrilled about that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Park the horse near the trapper. It's in your inventory to SELL it to the trapper.
View Quote
No dice.. I tried.. I ended up going back to a previous save.. and instead of going to the fence first to craft the trinket, I went to the trapper.. It let me sell it this time, but it still didnt allow me to manually take the pelt off my horse.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was drinking at the bar in Van Horn when two guys picked a fight with me.  After leveling the second guy someone pulled a gun on me.  I blasted him with the sawed off, which I had forgotten was loaded with the fire shot.  He burned, the guy next to him burned,  the lady in the room behind him burned.  The whole damn bar was soon on fire.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need to make some of those but I can’t because whenever I kill an animal it says I can’t harvest all the parts I’d need to make stuff because my inventory is full.

But I actually had that happen in that little town you go to after saving the snake bite guy and he tells you to get something from the store on him. I’m standing there looking at the catalogue when a guy starts a fight with me. I backed out of the store and into the street where he was promptly run over by a horse. Somehow I got wanted for that even though I never fought back.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I need to make some of those but I can’t because whenever I kill an animal it says I can’t harvest all the parts I’d need to make stuff because my inventory is full.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Build all of the satchels. It makes life a lot easier.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve been trying. I get sidetracked and then frustrated because I haven’t been able to figure out how to do it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Red Dead Online will be available for everyone by this Friday the 30th. They’re doing a tiered rollout plan for access beginning with Ultimate edition owners getting access tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Red Dead Online will be available for everyone by this Friday the 30th. They’re doing a tiered rollout plan for access beginning with Ultimate edition owners getting access tomorrow.
View Quote
Just in time.. I should be able to hash out the last few missions in the next couple of days.. I think I have about 9 story missions left
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I do love customizing my guns.
View Quote
I have customized everything I own... But then I use the rare weapons that you can't customize and have to oil yourself (gunsmith won't show the item in the list).
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been waiting for years for this game to come out. I've delayed upgrading from PS3 over it.

Today was the day. Got a Cyber Monday deal on a PS4 Pro 1TB for $320 shipped then bough the game separately. For $380, I'm happy.

Now the challenge is deciding whether or not to wrap it and put it under the tree...
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Red Dead Online will be available for everyone by this Friday the 30th. They're doing a tiered rollout plan for access beginning with Ultimate edition owners getting access tomorrow.
View Quote
That was quick.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've been waiting for years for this game to come out. I've delayed upgrading from PS3 over it.

Today was the day. Got a Cyber Monday deal on a PS4 Pro 1TB for $320 shipped then bough the game separately. For $380, I'm happy.

Now the challenge is deciding whether or not to wrap it and put it under the tree...
View Quote

Let us know how that goes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn. Game has me feeling a little bummed now. I played really late the other night so I don't fully remember everything that happened. Turns out Click To View Spoiler This really is a good game.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Damn. Game has me feeling a little bummed now. I played really late the other night so I don't fully remember everything that happened. Turns out Click To View Spoiler This really is a good game.
View Quote
Part of the story arc. Can’t be avoided.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wish it could, I'm not a fan of the other guy
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
When did it happen?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
When did it happen?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did it happen?
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Jeez. I had no idea. Funny that a video game has me feeling bummed now.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Honestly I lost some enthusiasm as well. But it's impressive that the game can pull you in so much. I kind of quit trying to be honorable and decided "screw it, I'm gonna do my thing til the end". Probably the same reaction I'd have if I found myself in that situation.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really didn't care for the epilogue. It all seemed so forced as a way to deal with what happens in the main story and still allow you to play the game. It was especially bad the times when it was just cut scene after cut scene with the occasional press this button or that to do this minor thing between cut scenes.

It is a shame that what makes the main story so good is also what really screws up game play after the main story.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Is there such a thing as a good point in the game to save at to revert back to when you just want to fuck around instead of doing anything with the story?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Woot. Lookin forward to online. Wonder how big the download will be.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did it happen?
Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Red Dead Redemption 2 Meets Metal | That's The Way It Is
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:44:31 AM EDT
[#36]
The Red Dead 2 online Beta will be released this week in waves.
If you bought the Ultimate Edition you can play today at 0830 hrs EST.

Red Dead Online Beta: Launch Dates and New Details Announced
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Online is up for the ultimate edition peeps today... Gonna go home at lunch and see what kind of download Im looking at... Still need to finish the story though... I had been putting off beating it till online came out. Then they just release RDO all of a sudden lol..
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like will be putting the unit into service immediately.

Of course, you knew this.

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Well somehow my game was deleted off my Xbox, in the process of downloading the whole thing again.  I was at about 50% overall completion.  Hopefully my saves are still there.  I don’t think I have the heart to start over again.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#40]
I finished the game so I finally feel like I can come in here. I did goof and miss a few side missions before it ended. Oh well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well somehow my game was deleted off my Xbox, in the process of downloading the whole thing again.  I was at about 50% overall completion.  Hopefully my saves are still there.  I don’t think I have the heart to start over again.
View Quote
Happened to a buddy of mine.. Only it was his 14 year old kid who deleted his progress out of spit for him grounding the kid... Hes been so pissed he hasnt played the game since..
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Happened to a buddy of mine.. Only it was his 14 year old kid who deleted his progress out of spit for him grounding the kid... Hes been so pissed he hasnt played the game since..
View Quote
Thats a good way to lose all video game privileges forever
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Just out of curiosity, when you beat the game is it like GTA where you can still wander around and do some side missions/ help the people at the white dots on the map and generally cause trouble? And what character do you use after you beat the main storyline?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, when you beat the game is it like GTA where you can still wander around and do some side missions/ help the people at the white dots on the map and generally cause trouble? And what character do you use after you beat the main storyline?
View Quote
Yes.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I wish there was more missions and shit to do after the story is done. I've just been going around murdering animals and collecting the occasionally bounty when one comes up. I do like going to the enemy hide outs and stacking bodies.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Didn’t think to get a screen cap of Pete, but here’s Repete:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Didn’t think to get a screen cap of Pete, but here’s Repete:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/122245/6D3C2B3C-E875-4D16-B9B2-2C5125D50CBF_jpeg-753261.JPG
View Quote
Bonus points when you get all 3 of the Arabians, a couple turks and the trotters.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#48]
So I have the base level game and I just got hit with a 5.7gb update. Multiplayer I'm guessing.

ETA: So I dont have multiplayer access yet but the option was added.

That said the update fucked up the horse veiw. Now when I ride the camera angle stays where I'm looking and is not locked to the way the horse is going. Help!
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Anyone on xbox trying to form a multiplayer posse?

Add me: RealNewsINFOWAR
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:11:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Click To View Spoiler
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top