BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 68
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:17:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have to rank up to level 14 I believe to unlock the fishing pole.. its also like 124 bucks to buy... And generally speaking you can probably get some fishing in with out being skull fucked...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you hop online and go fishing by yourself, for example, with a reasonable expectation of being left alone?
You have to rank up to level 14 I believe to unlock the fishing pole.. its also like 124 bucks to buy... And generally speaking you can probably get some fishing in with out being skull fucked...
The fishing pole is 30 or 34 dollars.  I bought mine today.  You will instantly get your money back.  Fishing is very profitable.  However, to get the lake lure costs 1 gold if you are below level 21.  Also, there is some debate about the lake or the river lure being better.  Personal preference?

Also if you fish for 2 hours you will get attacked at least once.  People suck.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:22:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Fired it up for an hour or so again tonight. Hopped back in onlinr play, did a mission and when loading back into free-roam I was killed before I finished loading.

Lol, mebbe some of the kids will go back to call of duty soon, some chaos is fine, but not ALL the time.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:23:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
I'm still in chapter 4. I found AM seemed to favor female horses to the males, and while he was kind to both. He just seemed to be be softer spoken to the females. I sent my female white Arabian (Ghost) back the the  stable, and will continue to use my male black Arabian (Lucifer) until the end of the game. I picked up the white one early on, and didn't want to see her get killed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:00:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The fishing pole is 30 or 34 dollars.  I bought mine today.  You will instantly get your money back.  Fishing is very profitable.  However, to get the lake lure costs 1 gold if you are below level 21.  Also, there is some debate about the lake or the river lure being better.  Personal preference?

Also if you fish for 2 hours you will get attacked at least once.  People suck.  
View Quote
I was just coming back to post that I was wrong on the price. It's the bow that I was thinking was 124 bucks.. I bought the fishing pole tonight. Caught a couple fish. Didn't get murdered either lol
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#5]
OK.. Ive got about 650 bucks to spend.. What do I need to buy? Ive got the 1st dead eye card and another card bought.. focus something.. do I need to upgrade the cards? its like 350 to do that.. or do I need to buy another weapon? Right now my load out consist of the carbine repeater, the pump shotgun, varmint rifle and the volcanic pistol..all of which are stock.

ETA.. is the persistent posse worth the 200 bucks? what benefits does it even have?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I am actually enjoying online. Haven’t had too much trouble with griefers. I do a lot of hunting and fishing. I think once I get more money my load out will be schofield, Lancaster, a bolt action gun for big game. That should do it for PvP and a lot the non-PvP stuff I like doing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I am having fun too.  It's hard to get money, but it seems realistic for the time.  As far as spending money I went all in on the varmint rifle.  Hunting birds is very profitable, and little animals are good in bulk.
Ability cards.  Don't know I haven't noticed a big difference.
Persistent posse:  I'm saving for that now, but I usually play with 4-5 people.  You can set way points and take people to jobs.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not much for PVP challenge matches or fighting in general, but friends who are say the varmint rifle is great for PVP.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 You can set way points and take people to jobs.
View Quote
You can do that with the temporary posse as well
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally got my PS4 Pro and RDR2 fired up last night. Didn't even sign in to PSN with the new machine yet.

Graphics are incredible on a 4K display. Can't wait to try streaming some 4K material - this is my first 4K source device.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I have not been able to play at all. Every time I get into online servers drop me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I got several hours in today on Xbox.  I did get dropped before I sold a full load to the butcher.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Arfcom RDR2 Online crew for PS4
Playing RDR2 Online solo sucks. Let's build an arfcom crew. Post your PS4 screen name for RDR2 Online in this thread, and I'll consolidate the names here.

Arfcom Name:   PS4 Name
Triggerfisher_of_Men:   PanzaBoy
Ciraxis:   Ciraxis82
Burnsy87: Burnsy1315
Clivus: Clivus13
Wrenchbender - X2AughtShells
Psn: WS6
View Quote
Im on Ps4

crzapyh8smsft
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Arfcom RDR2 Online crew for PS4 Playing RDR2 Online solo sucks. Let's build an arfcom crew. Post your PS4 screen name for RDR2 Online in this thread, and I'll consolidate the names here.

Arfcom Name: PS4 Name
Triggerfisher_of_Men: PanzaBoy
Ciraxis: Ciraxis82
Cyclic240B: Raymano
Tacolove - tacolove
crzapy - crzapyh8smsft
RePp - Chokin_Hookerz
TerribleTom: BillyScrimshaw
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Chokin_Hookerz is my psn.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:33:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Well I am rocking and rolling. I have dual cattleman’s. Lancaster repeater and 22 rifle. I make a ton of money using worms to catch trout. You can hold ten fish and get about 4.25 per fish. Shoot shit on the way back to the butcher and you can bring 70 bucks or so a trip. Takes about 15 minutes.

Do we have an Xbox user name list yet? I am playing on Xbone x.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:00:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well I am rocking and rolling. I have dual cattleman’s. Lancaster repeater and 22 rifle. I make a ton of money using worms to catch trout. You can hold ten fish and get about 4.25 per fish. Shoot shit on the way back to the butcher and you can bring 70 bucks or so a trip. Takes about 15 minutes.

Do we have an Xbox user name list yet? I am playing on Xbone x.
View Quote
Spend the gold (if you have it) for the river lure and go to the little peninsula pond below Cumberland falls. You'll get a salmon every cast right away if you do it right.

Won't have to buy worms  and you can stop at the auction barn on the way to valentine butcher for sheep and pigs

My best trip this evening was $92 between 10 salmon, 2 pig carcasses and a shitload of sheep pelts

And any dumb ass that messes with me fishing quickly realizes they shouldn't have when I hunt them down repeatedly with the litchfield, semi pistol, and max inventory of dead eye stimulants
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 6:47:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm still in chapter 4. I found AM seemed to favor female horses to the males, and while he was kind to both. He just seemed to be be softer spoken to the females. I sent my female white Arabian (Ghost) back the the  stable, and will continue to use my male black Arabian (Lucifer) until the end of the game. I picked up the white one early on, and didn't want to see her get killed.
View Quote
Yeah...I've noticed that the longer he spends with a horse, the more attached he gets. Now whenever I mount up, he always says something to the horse. I'm going to start doing that to my motorcycle...swing a leg over, then say "you doin' alright, girl?"
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah...I've noticed that the longer he spends with a horse, the more attached he gets. Now whenever I mount up, he always says something to the horse. I'm going to start doing that to my motorcycle...swing a leg over, then say "you doin' alright, girl?"
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have not been able to play at all. Every time I get into online servers drop me.
View Quote
Rockstar doesn't like you.

I still have not tried Online.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Still doing the single player thing. Working on finding stuff and completing challenges. Some of which are a motherfucker to complete.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Still doing the single player thing. Working on finding stuff and completing challenges. Some of which are a motherfucker to complete.
View Quote
I'm not sure how much I'm going to work towards getting all the satchel upgrades.   All I really want to complete is the legendary animal and fish.

I wish there was a bit more to the legendary animal hunts instead of just looking at three clues then t magically appears.  Would have been nice to have to find out what time of day, use of baits etc.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm not sure how much I'm going to work towards getting all the satchel upgrades.   All I really want to complete is the legendary animal and fish.

I wish there was a bit more to the legendary animal hunts instead of just looking at three clues then t magically appears.  Would have been nice to have to find out what time of day, use of baits etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems to be the SOP for some of the rarer animals required to complete outfits. I haven’t been looking especially hard, but a 3 star moose appears to be unobtanium.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Spend the gold (if you have it) for the river lure and go to the little peninsula pond below Cumberland falls. You'll get a salmon every cast right away if you do it right.

Won't have to buy worms  and you can stop at the auction barn on the way to valentine butcher for sheep and pigs

My best trip this evening was $92 between 10 salmon, 2 pig carcasses and a shitload of sheep pelts

And any dumb ass that messes with me fishing quickly realizes they shouldn't have when I hunt them down repeatedly with the litchfield, semi pistol, and max inventory of dead eye stimulants
View Quote
I did this last night..Its F-in retarded that a lure cost a damn gold bar.. BUT.. in one haul you can make 42 bucks just in fish.. I was fishing in the dakota river.. Found a tree out in the water that I can stand on and pretty much see the fish take the bait. that trip to the butcher was very fruitful. I caught all the fish I could carry and on the way to sell I load my horse up with what ever I kill.. turkeys are nice if your running low on space, cause you can just pluck the feathers. Also I didnt realize how much a 3 star buck was worth.. I pocketed damn near 20 bucks off of one. The carcass alone is worth 10.. Best trip to the butcher has been over 100 bucks..
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Just an FYI. You can unlock the second holster for 2 gold bars at any point. Highlight the 10 dollar holster and switch to gold payment.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just an FYI. You can unlock the second holster for 2 gold bars at any point. Highlight the 10 dollar holster and switch to gold payment.
View Quote
What rank to normally unlock is it?  I spent a gold bar last night on a lure. Only have 2 and a piece left of gold.. And I tend to not really use my pistols much anyways... dual wielding would still be fun though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Arfcom RDR2 Online crew for PS4 Playing RDR2 Online solo sucks. Let's build an arfcom crew. Post your PS4 screen name for RDR2 Online in this thread, and I'll consolidate the names here.

Arfcom Name: PS4 Name
Triggerfisher_of_Men: PanzaBoy
Ciraxis: Ciraxis82
Cyclic240B: Raymano
Tacolove - tacolove
crzapy - crzapyh8smsft
View Quote
I just started the story mode and probably won't venture online for a while but just the same...

TerribleTom: BillyScrimshaw
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I am 67% done with the Single Player story. I’m trying to do every single side mission and stranger mission along the way. It’s a great game. I have not done a great deal of fishing or hunting yet. Just enough to keep myself fed.

I wasted money buying the Arabian horse. It’s fast but spooks at anything. Fucker will buck me off in firefights and shit.

Bought the Missouri Trotter or whatever. Great horse. Fast enough but steady when shtf.

I have a lot of fun online. Even with the griefing in the towns. My only complaint is players show up on the map. Makes it impossible to be stealthy.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am 67% done with the Single Player story. I’m trying to do every single side mission and stranger mission along the way. It’s a great game. I have not done a great deal of fishing or hunting yet. Just enough to keep myself fed.

I wasted money buying the Arabian horse. It’s fast but spooks at anything. Fucker will buck me off in firefights and shit.

Bought the Missouri Trotter or whatever. Great horse. Fast enough but steady when shtf.

I have a lot of fun online. Even with the griefing in the towns. My only complaint is players show up on the map. Makes it impossible to be stealthy.
View Quote
the arabian is a shit horse
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Rockstar just released an update in reference to the online fixes.. There is a link somewhere, but I cant find the damn thing now.. They are fixing the money and gold ratios, Also reimbursing you money on stuff you have bought, and giving us 250 dollars and 15 gold bars as some compensation.. The update starts today. And could take up til monday for you to get your money.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for me. The rose grey bay arabian bitches a little more than I’d like, but no more skittish than my thoroughbred. Great speed and stamina with the right saddle & stirrups.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Rockstar just released an update in reference to the online fixes.. There is a link somewhere, but I cant find the damn thing now.. They are fixing the money and gold ratios, Also reimbursing you money on stuff you have bought, and giving us 250 dollars and 15 gold bars as some compensation.. The update starts today. And could take up til monday for you to get your money.
View Quote
Interesting. I hope I get some free money :)
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not for me. The rose grey bay arabian bitches a little more than I’d like, but no more skittish than my thoroughbred. Great speed and stamina with the right saddle & stirrups.
View Quote
Is that the rare one?

The black one was crazy. Even bonded she would run off when I fired my gun. She would buck when wolves or even a snake was close. I was aggravated. I almost shot it myself. Lol
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mine was scared of everything with maxed bond level.   Fast as hell but thats it, wasnt sad when she took a bullet to the head
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Is that the rare one?

The black one was crazy. Even bonded she would run off when I fired my gun. She would buck when wolves or even a snake was close. I was aggravated. I almost shot it myself. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is that the rare one?

Bought the rose grey one. Can’t recall which stable.

Quoted:

Mine was scared of everything with maxed bond level.   Fast as hell but thats it, wasnt sad when she took a bullet to the head
Not sure if it makes a difference, but mine is male.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Bought the rose grey one. Can’t recall which stable.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but mine is male.
View Quote
I'm sure some horses can be autistic, because I'm pretty sure one of my early ones was.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s 100 times harder to find a pristine bison than the legendary was.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm still riding the white arabian that I lassoed in the mountains early on. Great horse. Handles well and is really fast.

I'm still in chapter 4 in the story. A rival gang attacked our camp last night and we had an epic shootout. I'm now in love with Sadie Adler, even more than before.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is that the rare one?

View Quote
I deliberately kill my horses as they get dumber as time goes on.

Try to aim at something like a squirrel and the retarded horse starts interferring with the aiming.

After awhile I just throw a fire bottle or dynamite on it and kill it to start with a new horse.

High bonded horses are frankly worse than low bonded ones save for stamina.

Starting to get bored with the story and may just say screw it to finishing it.   Hate the Dutch missions/dialogue to the point that I blow him up in missions now so I dont have to ride anywhere with him and can skip the crap.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone else have the shooting competition random turn on you?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It’s 100 times harder to find a pristine bison than the legendary was.
View Quote
I found a pristine bison the first time I went hunting for them.   I think its just random.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fuuuuck yes they are
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Finally got all the animals for my camp upgrades, did all the satchels awhile ago.

Also got all the big animals for the trapper, except the ones in the locked part of the map. Just a handful of feathers left for the trapper and I'll have to move on with the story, which is starting to feel about time.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Arthur Morgan I mean Roger Clark won the Best Performance Award at the Game Awards 2018. Well deserved!
You done good boah!

https://www.n3rdabl3.com/2018/12/the-game-awards-2018-roger-clark-wins-best-performance/
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Finished the story, just started the epilogue.

Spoiler free thoughts

End was kind of lackluster, it built up but the peak was a let down

Some of the music at the end really sucks

Overall great story, some of the better characters i wish had more time to shine.

The game glitched and gave me the wrong horse for the last few missions, kinda ruined part of it
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:00:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Put me down as another disagree. I really can't recall ever getting bucked from either of my Arabians. I restarted the game the other day and one of the first things I did was grab the white one up at Lake Isabella.

ETA: correction- the black Arabian has been a bit skittish.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
My white Arabian never bucked, and would stay cool in a fire fight. The black Arabian spooks all the time, and will wonder off when I dismount. He's never bucked, but has to be calmed down constantly. He does seem to be cool under fire, and stayed put when I got ambushed. I had to revive him because he didn't flee.

The race horse would buck all the time, and got my ass eaten by a gator. I've never played the other horses other than those three, and the one you began the game with.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:04:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Put me down as another disagree. I really can't recall ever getting bucked from either of my Arabians. I restarted the game the other day and one of the first things I did was grab the white one up at Lake Isabella.

ETA: correction- the black Arabian has been a bit skittish.
View Quote
I have all 3 and used them to beat the story. I feel like they are a bit more skittish but crush it in everything else.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:12:16 AM EDT
[#49]
I can barely tell a difference between the Kentucky Saddler I had to start the game (bought) and the Thoroughbred and Warhorse that came with the Special Edition. Same with the Mustang I caught and broke.

Never went after the white arabian as I don't want a white horse. Not far enough along to buy the black arabian yet.

Stats wise I should see a difference but IMO it seems like very minor differences.

All my horses seem skittish as well, I get bucked if a cougar, bear, or wolf get near. If a snake shows up the horse starts getting nervous but doesn't stop responding to commands/input. Same with a black bear.

In a firefight they've all held strong pretty well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:20:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I can barely tell a difference between the Kentucky Saddler I had to start the game (bought) and the Thoroughbred and Warhorse that came with the Special Edition. Same with the Mustang I caught and broke.

Never went after the white arabian as I don't want a white horse. Not far enough along to buy the black arabian yet.

Stats wise I should see a difference but IMO it seems like very minor differences.

All my horses seem skittish as well, I get bucked if a cougar, bear, or wolf get near. If a snake shows up the horse starts getting nervous but doesn't stop responding to commands/input. Same with a black bear.

In a firefight they've all held strong pretty well.
View Quote
In terms of speed and stamina the arabians are awsome.
Page / 68
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top